PDA

View Full Version : Surpised no one is talking about the ATL Public School cheating scandal...

TheHumanAlphabet
4/16/2015, 03:55 AM
and the beat down jail sentences the judge handed down to the cheats...

Awesome, I would say! The judge gave everyone fair warning as to how he would sentence and only 2 took a plea to admit guilt.

Those edumactors were sure bright...

Unfortunately, the mastermind, APS Chancellor or whatever Hall died prior to trial. If I were judge, I would still find her guilty in abstentia.

Turd_Ferguson
4/16/2015, 07:39 AM
What did they actually do? I know the judge damn sure weren't play'n...

dwarthog
4/16/2015, 08:11 AM
I think the core issue was they implemented a systemic cheating process.

I haven't been following too closely though so I may have it wrong.

Serenity Now
4/16/2015, 09:06 AM
I'm not sure where I stand on long prison terms for this. Confinement, large fines, making sure they never educate again? Of course. I'm ambivalent on prison for more than 6 months for this stuff. 7 years? I'm guessing that there are some HARDENED criminals on some big felonies who've received less than that. I figure 6 months in an orange onesie might be, to quote the great Sheriff Buford T. Justice "an attention getter".

TheHumanAlphabet
4/16/2015, 07:23 PM
Lots Of racism. APS head Hall wanted to prove black kids smarter than white folk. Systemic cheating on standardized tests by administration and teachers. They planned it, had parties to change tests, etc. you were ostracized if you didn't go along. Because of Fed funds involved, all were charged for racketeering under RICO laws. If they admitted guilt and forfeited pension, the judge was lenient. If not, you were slammed felons! Thats what happened here. All felons giing to jail will lose pensions as convicted felons.

rock on sooner
4/16/2015, 07:35 PM
Lots Of racism. APS head Hall wanted to prove black kids smarter than white folk. Systemic cheating on standardized tests by administration and teachers. They planned it, had parties to change tests, etc. you were ostracized if you didn't go along. Because of Fed funds involved, all were charged for racketeering under RICO laws. If they admitted guilt and forfeited pension, the judge was lenient. If not, you were slammed felons! Thats what happened here. All felons giing to jail will lose pensions as convicted felons.

I think without the RICO, might have been hard to get 'em. Serenity Now is onto something
about the punishment...I'm thinking any and everything that highlights what they did and
how bad they hurt the kids is almost right...Scarlet Letter or something equivalent would work.
Kids are hurt here and HAS to be something done to help them....jus sayin..

REDREX
4/16/2015, 08:52 PM
A large number of Public Schools in this Country Suck----

Turd_Ferguson
4/16/2015, 09:38 PM
A large number of Public Schools in this Country Suck----

Yes. The ones that are all minority and/or the ones that are taught by millennials.