PDA

View Full Version : How is this not a bigger deal in the media?

Serenity Now
4/14/2015, 02:22 PM
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2015/02/19/kent-sorenson-sentencing-iowa-caucus-2012-paul/23684721/?hootPostID=%5B%22%5B%2749d6f6e7be41f10e76b7ead0af 8608ea%27%5D%22%5D

Here's the "slanted" but more detailed writing: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/04/rand-paul-2016-kent-sorenson-iowa

okie52
4/14/2015, 02:52 PM
Looks shady but I don't know what impact this might have on Paul. I don't know enough about campaign laws to have an idea if many or any of Paul's staff are going to be prosecuted for this.

Sorenson doesn't seem to be the brightest guy, either. Flips on Bachman to join Paul right before the election highlighting suspicions that he was paid for his defection. No big deal except that he actually was paid. I would think he would have tried to be a bit more low profile if I was going to break the law.

rock on sooner
4/14/2015, 03:11 PM
When this story broke originally, it was a big deal. (It was Ron Paul, not Rand).
Sorenson was forced out of office and will get more than a knuckle rap eventually.
What was always a mystery to me was "at the time" nothing stuck to either
national campaign, in spite of clear shenanigans......

okie52
4/14/2015, 03:14 PM
When this story broke originally, it was a big deal. (It was Ron Paul, not Rand).
Sorenson was forced out of office and will get more than a knuckle rap eventually.
What was always a mystery to me was "at the time" nothing stuck to either
national campaign, in spite of clear shenanigans......

It looks like whistleblowers in both campaigns turned Sorenson in. It was about Ron Paul but evidently Rand has some of those same advisors on his staff now. I'm not expecting it to get too close to Rand but you never know...

rock on sooner
4/14/2015, 03:43 PM
It looks like whistleblowers in both campaigns turned Sorenson in. It was about Ron Paul but evidently Rand has some of those same advisors on his staff now. I'm not expecting it to get too close to Rand but you never know...

Well, if it didn't stick to either campaign then, after all this time it is
unlikely to stick to Rand.....unless he does/says something really stupid.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/16/2015, 03:53 AM
So a bad doer is caught and likely will be tried for his crimes...

And Hilary is still walking around?

FaninAma
4/20/2015, 02:08 PM
This is the 3rd time in 18 months that I have read about this. They either need to charge him or let it drop and quit dredging it up over and pover again for political reasons.

And Mother Jones as a source of information? Seriously?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/20/2015, 02:27 PM
This is the 3rd time in 18 months that I have read about this. They either need to charge him or let it drop and quit dredging it up over and pover again for political reasons.

And Mother Jones as a source of information? Seriously?Shirley none of this surprises you?!

Turd_Ferguson
4/20/2015, 02:36 PM

I think the OP thought he had something on Rand...

rock on sooner
4/20/2015, 08:37 PM

Welp, he has been charged, he's resigned his office and will most likely
get a big fine, maybe jail. He was a naughty boy, so was Ms Bachmann
and the Paul bunch but aint nuthin gonna stick to them. He is the
fall guy. (BTW, he is a JERK and is gonna get his comeuppins,,imo)