PDA

View Full Version : Cheese...

Turd_Ferguson
4/3/2015, 11:16 AM
go's on TOP of the meat...just say'n.

hawaii 5-0
4/3/2015, 03:40 PM
I've made meatloaf and put it between layers of meat.

5-0

GDC
4/8/2015, 06:08 PM
I watched a video today on how to make cottage cheese in my own kitchen.

Turd_Ferguson
4/8/2015, 06:42 PM
I watched a video today on how to make cottage cheese in my own kitchen.

Never been a big cottage cheese fan. Would love to learn how to make my own mozzarella...

hawaii 5-0
4/9/2015, 02:27 PM
Honestly I'm just learning to cook. Kinda New Year's Resolution. Sure I make an excellent BLT and popcorn but I'm talking about real cooking. Ya know......Southern Cooking. I wanna get to where I enjoy my own leftovers.

Been working on scratch buttermilk biscuits and a good chicken fry. I finally got a batch of biscuits to come out fluffy. Also made several pizzas. Also on my list is Chinese cooking. Been looking for a wok for induction stovetop.

Back on topic......last night I made a pan on cheesy scalloped potatoes and cut up some shrimp and threw that in the pan. Came out very well.

It's a work in progress.

5-0

olevetonahill
4/9/2015, 04:49 PM
At times I wish I didnt cook so well. Im Fatter than a Town dog.

olevetonahill
4/9/2015, 04:59 PM
go's on TOP of the meat...just say'n.

Im guessing yer talkin a Sammich here , right? If so who just uses ONE slice of meat? I use at least 2 and toss the cheese in between em

Turd_Ferguson
4/9/2015, 05:15 PM
Im guessing yer talkin a Sammich here , right? If so who just uses ONE slice of meat? I use at least 2 and toss the cheese in between em

More than one piece of meat constitutes a slice of cheese on top of each piece of meat.

hawaii 5-0
4/9/2015, 06:52 PM
At times I wish I didnt cook so well. Im Fatter than a Town dog.

With me tryin' out so many different biscuit recipes I got a case of Biscuit Poisnin'. The main symptom is an expanding waistline.

5-0

GDC
4/9/2015, 07:05 PM
I would like one of those grill cheese sandwiches Jon Favreau made in the movie Chef.

olevetonahill
4/9/2015, 09:20 PM
With me tryin' out so many different biscuit recipes I got a case of Biscuit Poisnin'. The main symptom is an expanding waistline.

5-0

Save up some bacon grease, Chill it and cut it into yer biscuit dough!

Turd_Ferguson
4/10/2015, 09:11 AM
Save up some bacon grease, Chill it and cut it into yer biscuit dough!

Mmmm...that sound good. I usually freeze a stick of butter and then grate it into the flour.

hawaii 5-0
4/10/2015, 01:32 PM
I've tried both. I always keep some butter frozen.

Bacon grease is the soul of Southern Cooking. My mom always had a tin pot of it next to the stove. I keep mine in a jar in the fridge.

I've found that very cold ingredients and less handling are two good things for making successful biscuits. Last week I saw a You Tube video of a granny making some biscuits and she ran her fingers thru the flour to aerate it before adding the other dry ingredients.

Thanks for the input.

5-0