I wonder if 8th would have posted those awful numbers?------Go Barack Go

okie52
4/3/2015, 09:17 AM
heh heh...

FaninAma
4/3/2015, 09:57 AM
I'll carry the torch for 8th by posting a link:
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/obama-us-economy-march-2015-116651.html

The community organizer is doing a bang up job. LOL.

okie52
4/3/2015, 11:00 AM
I'll carry the torch for 8th by posting a link:
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/obama-us-economy-march-2015-116651.html

The community organizer is doing a bang up job. LOL.

8th would appreciate your efforts although you omitted lemmings and dumbazzes.

REDREX
4/3/2015, 11:06 AM
The economy is slowing down----Barack is going to limp out his last two years

Serenity Now
4/3/2015, 11:17 AM
W left office needing a prosthesis.

Turd_Ferguson
4/3/2015, 11:18 AM
The economy is slowing down----Barack is going to limp out his last two years

That, and he's making sure those filthy *** jew's get nuked by Iran...

Serenity Now
4/3/2015, 11:25 AM
Not an an economist, but, I've got to think the oil price drops had some impact.

It has to slow sometime. We all can't have clintons economy. :)

okie52
4/3/2015, 11:28 AM
Not an an economist, but, I've got to think the oil price drops had some impact.

Generally low energy prices help drive economies although energy company layoffs would hurt the job market initially. Since we already now have a pub congress in place all we need is another tech boom and we're back to Clinton days.

FaninAma
4/3/2015, 01:13 PM
W left office needing a prosthesis.
Can you comment without bringing up Bush?

SoonerorLater
4/3/2015, 01:57 PM

Clinton had so little to do with that. It's called a stock market bubble.

TAFBSooner
4/3/2015, 02:40 PM
Can you comment without bringing up Bush?

What would be the fun in that?

hawaii 5-0
4/3/2015, 03:37 PM
Let's go back to Trickle Down Economics and see how far that gets us.

Oh, how quick we forget. ( not bringing up his name).

5-0

Serenity Now
4/3/2015, 04:00 PM

5-0 "Something" DOO economincs. Anyone? Anyone? Voodoo economics.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/3/2015, 04:13 PM
Clinton had so little to do with that. It's called a stock market bubble.Also, a responsible republican congress kept Clinton's horse sh*t in check.

4/3/2015, 04:16 PM
"Something" DOO economincs. Anyone? Anyone? Voodoo economics.Your religion teaches that market economics is evil. We get that.

BoulderSooner79
4/3/2015, 05:12 PM
Your religion teaches that market economics is evil. We get that.

Market economics just pointed the Indiana and Arkansas legislators down a more reasonable path, so not evil.

okiewaker
4/3/2015, 08:53 PM
According to MSNBC, cold weather was the main contributor to the downgrade in the jobs numbers. #globalwarming

Serenity Now
4/3/2015, 10:36 PM
Your religion teaches that market economics is evil. We get that.Dude. Did you miss the ferris bueller's day off reference?

For what it's worth, I'm Methodist.

okie52
4/3/2015, 11:57 PM

5-0

Explain that trickle down economics again...how does that work?

4/4/2015, 12:37 AM
Market economics just pointed the Indiana and Arkansas legislators down a more reasonable path, so not evil.That's some really twisted understanding of economics lol!

BoulderSooner79
4/4/2015, 12:53 AM
That's some really twisted understanding of economics lol!

Pretty simple really. People alter their behavior to optimize income - in this case, the threat of lost revenue. Basic silent hand as described by Mr. Smith. I was just testing to see if you cheer free market forces when it suites you and deny it when it doesn't.

FaninAma
4/4/2015, 01:10 AM

5-0
Do you really want to compare Reagan's recovery to this patheiticObama recovery fueled by massive Federal Reserve printing? Really, do you guys even think before you post?

4/4/2015, 01:11 AM
Pretty simple really. People alter their behavior to optimize income - in this case, the threat of lost revenue. Basic silent hand as described by Mr. Smith. I was just testing to see if you cheer free market forces when it suites you and deny it when it doesn't.Politics yes. Market economics no.(and of course you at least SHOULD know that)

Serenity Now
4/4/2015, 01:27 AM
Reagan was selling arms to Iran before it was cool. Halliburton has been selling them centrifuges in honor of Reagan.

4/4/2015, 02:15 AM
Reagan was selling arms to Iran before it was cool. Halliburton has been selling them centrifuges in honor of Reagan.doesn't work. I will pray for you.

4/4/2015, 02:27 AM
Do you really want to compare Reagan's recovery to this patheiticObama recovery fueled by massive Federal Reserve printing? Really, do you guys even think before you post?They come up with the most convoluted drivel, hard to imagine people can "think" like that.

dwarthog
4/4/2015, 08:09 AM
Reagan was selling arms to Iran before it was cool. Halliburton has been selling them centrifuges in honor of Reagan.

Oops...

"Obama golfs in Florida with energy and business titans"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/03/29/obama-golfs-in-florida-with-energy-and-business-titans/

"and energy titan Milton Carroll, who sits on the Halliburton board of directors."

Serenity Now
4/4/2015, 10:44 AM
Oops...

"Obama golfs in Florida with energy and business titans"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/03/29/obama-golfs-in-florida-with-energy-and-business-titans/

"and energy titan Milton Carroll, who sits on the Halliburton board of directors."
Maybe that's where he got some cell phone numbers for the Iran folks.

My point has nothing to do with Obama. It points out that Reagan and Cheney (de facto president) both either sold weapons or nuclear components to Iran. You and Bibi seem to not want to discuss either of those facts.

SoonerorLater
4/4/2015, 11:46 AM
Market economics just pointed the Indiana and Arkansas legislators down a more reasonable path, so not evil.

Market economics is good but good economic policy doesn't trump other facets of life.

REDREX
4/4/2015, 05:18 PM
Market economics is good but good economic policy doesn't trump other facets of life.---What does that mean?-----The gov't mucking around with the economy never helps

BoulderSooner79
4/4/2015, 06:28 PM
Market economics is good but good economic policy doesn't trump other facets of life.

No it doesn't and this Indiana deal was a perfect example. Ind. and Ark. didn't back down strictly because of the threat of reduced state revenue (and thus taxes). And it certainly wasn't because of howling from "the left" as so many here like to call it - that was fully expected and probably considered a positive. They backed down because of corporate America that is normally an alley opposing them. And they backed down because many in their own party at the national level breaking rank and opposing them.

4/4/2015, 07:01 PM
---What does that mean?-----The gov't mucking around with the economy never helpsLibs believe govt. owns everything, and we live at their benevolence...unless republicans are in office.

Govt. does as it pleases = economics, to the Libs.

dwarthog
4/4/2015, 09:54 PM
Maybe that's where he got some cell phone numbers for the Iran folks.

My point has nothing to do with Obama. It points out that Reagan and Cheney (de facto president) both either sold weapons or nuclear components to Iran. You and Bibi seem to not want to discuss either of those facts.

NM

hawaii 5-0
4/4/2015, 10:50 PM
I really can't think of anything much more despicable than selling arms to Iran.

The stain even now lingers.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
4/4/2015, 10:52 PM
Really, do you guys even think before you post?

Remind us all again how women make the same salary as men. Did you even think before you tripped on your dlck ?

5-0

4/5/2015, 12:30 AM
I really can't think of anything much more despicable than selling arms to Iran.

5-0How do you like helping the Muslim Brotherhood all over the Middle East and N. Africa, you democrat?

Serenity Now
4/5/2015, 01:13 AM
How do you like helping the Muslim Brotherhood all over the Middle East and N. Africa, you democrat?You forgot Benghazi and the Obama brown shirts. Similar mythology.

Also, the stories about how the black panthers stole the last two elections through voter fraud.

okie52
4/5/2015, 06:13 AM
Remind us all again how women make the same salary as men. Did you even think before you tripped on your dlck ?

5-0

Now this is funny...thanks for the laugh. It's those dam pub policies and war on women that are keeping women down. Dam those oppressors!!!

But you never did explain how the pubs were using the "trickle down" policies under what's his name...please do go on...

okie52
4/5/2015, 06:39 AM

5-0

Did you lose any sleep over the bergdahl deal?

hawaii 5-0
4/5/2015, 04:33 PM
Did you lose any sleep over the bergdahl deal?

The guy's a traitor.

Oh, my !!!! No liberal would ever write that !! Also no real liberal would vote Republican.

(Could be I'm not a liberal. Get with the program fellas.)

I stand with my statement. Selling arms to Iran is the worst.

5-0

okie52
4/5/2015, 09:42 PM
The guy's a traitor.

Oh, my !!!! No liberal would ever write that !! Also no real liberal would vote Republican.

(Could be I'm not a liberal. Get with the program fellas.)

I stand with my statement. Selling arms to Iran is the worst.

5-0

Well stand by it!!!

And tell me again about those "trickle down" policies under what's his name.

Nothing wrong with being a lib...there are some things I'm on the left about. I just want issues addressed on a pragmatic basis which, unfortunately, usually isn't the case

Serenity Now
4/5/2015, 10:44 PM
The last guy to use supply side economics, or voodoo economics, correctly was JFK. Reagan did it but also increased defense spending - not how that is supposed to work and why it didn't work. Bush cut taxes but increased spending - not how it's supposed to work.

okie52
4/6/2015, 05:41 AM
The last guy to use supply side economics, or voodoo economics, correctly was JFK. Reagan did it but also increased defense spending - not how that is supposed to work and why it didn't work. Bush cut taxes but increased spending - not how it's supposed to work.

Well when you were virtually the only industrialized country remaining after WWII you can get away with some things...particularly when you have 90% tax brackets.

Reagans approach seems very obama like and very Keynesian...surprised it wasn't embraced by dems.

I still want to hear about W's trickle down policies.

Is a 90% tax bracket fair? How about 70%?

Serenity Now
4/6/2015, 07:15 AM
Well when you were virtually the only industrialized country remaining after WWII you can get away with some things...particularly when you have 90% tax brackets.

Reagans approach seems very obama like and very Keynesian...surprised it wasn't embraced by dems.

I still want to hear about W's trickle down policies.

Is a 90% tax bracket fair? How about 70%?Don't you remember when everyone got a tax refund and were instructed to go be spenders? Go buy tv's!

okie52
4/6/2015, 07:59 AM
Don't you remember when everyone got a tax refund and were instructed to go be spenders? Go buy tv's!

Yeah I thought it was pretty stupid on such a small scale. Kind of like the morons contemplating releasing oil from the strategic petroleum reserves and dreaming it will impact oil prices.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/7/2015, 03:29 AM
I wonder if 8th would have posted those awful numbers?------Go Barack Go
I told 8 while he was here, wait a couple of months and they would be revised DOWNWARD... They were...