PDA

View Full Version : Rhett Bomar now a high school football coach

nighttrain12
3/31/2015, 10:59 PM
http://newsok.com/former-oklahoma-and-sam-houston-state-qb-rhett-bomar-hired-as-coach-at-texas-freer-high/article/5406394

I wonder what he tells the offense to do with a first down on your own 1 yard line and you are just trying to run out the clock?

olevetonahill
3/31/2015, 11:10 PM
Oh what could have been,

Eielson
3/31/2015, 11:14 PM
Deep down, I kinda respect him for getting back on his feet, and getting a little time in the NFL. He screwed us, but I guess that's what you get for relying on college kids.

olevetonahill
4/1/2015, 12:02 AM
Deep down, I kinda respect him for getting back on his feet, and getting a little time in the NFL. He screwed us, but I guess that's what you get for relying on college kids.

He screwed himself a hell of a lot more than us. Kid had some skills

Pride1Mom
4/1/2015, 09:01 AM
Poor parenting was Rhett's problem. His father was constantly in the way. But you see it all of the time, where parents think their kids are sooooo special that rules don't apply to them.

badger
4/1/2015, 10:36 AM
He screwed himself a hell of a lot more than us

Aside from hinting that he could get OU in uber trouble with all his insider knowledge to NCAA violations, he's done nothing wrong by the program since departing.

However, like olevet said, he's done a lot wrong by himself. His 2011 DWI derailed what could have been a real (not practice squad) roster spot, and in 2013 got arrested again for reckless driving while in the midst of starting his coaching career.

If it wasn't Big Red, something else would have derailed his OU football career... if not off the field, then some hotshot named Sam Bradford coming up through the ranks.

Good luck Rhett. Please stay out of trouble.