PDA

View Full Version : Did Anybody Watch "Killing Jesus" Last Night On National Geographic?

FaninAma
3/30/2015, 01:47 PM
I thought it was very well done and well acted. They did leave out a few of the miracles that Jesus performed as descibed by the New Testament.

Having watched this account of the last years of Jesus' life I cannot understand why liberals do not embrace what he represents. His story is mainly about showing that the true power of God is shown through exhibiting grace and love to others(especially the weak, poor and sick). Christ stood up to the established oppressive religious and political authorities of the day and it cost him his life. I can only assume that liberals do not like the fact that Christ did expect some self-responsibility to go along with the grace and forgiveness he taught.

Serenity Now
3/30/2015, 01:54 PM
Didn't watch it but will check it out.

Is this what they call "trolling"?

FaninAma
3/30/2015, 01:58 PM
Didn't watch it but will check it out.

Is this what they call "trolling"?

I would say no. And by the way, I think you have been very civil and thoughtful in your replies. It may take some of us a while to not react defensively to the liberal view point after dealing with Sooner8th's vitriol for so long.

Serenity Now
3/30/2015, 02:10 PM
I would say no. And by the way, I think you have been very civil and thoughtful in your replies. It may take some of us a while to not react defensively to the liberal view point after dealing with Sooner8th's vitriol for so long.

Thanks. I'd take the opposite view on this from you but, as always, there's middle ground. Just off the top of my head though, I don't think JC would have a problem with the tyranny of health insurance or educating school kids. I also think he'd look at the exponentially growing income gap and wonder how one party is tacitly facilitating that with such abandon. He'd probably be less worried about securing our borders and more focused on securing our families. I think he'd also be critical of those abusing assistance programs and taking pictures of their junk.

okie52
3/30/2015, 02:18 PM
Thanks. I'd take the opposite view on this from you but, as always, there's middle ground. Just off the top of my head though, I don't think JC would have a problem with the tyranny of health insurance or educating school kids. I also think he'd look at the exponentially growing income gap and wonder how one party is tacitly facilitating that with such abandon. He'd probably be less worried about securing our borders and more focused on securing our families. I think he'd also be critical of those abusing assistance programs and taking pictures of their junk.

Think he'd be a supporter of gay marriage...I mean, it is an act of love.

FaninAma
3/30/2015, 02:27 PM

I only disagree with 2 of your assertions. The income gap is growing not because one party is fascilitating it but because BOTH parties are fascilitating the growing income gap. You don't think Democrats favor the rich? You don't think that the super rich understand how to increase their wealth off of massive government spending through both defense and entitlement programs and then turn around and stymie competition through the regualtory jungle the same spendthrifts in Congress impose on small businesses?

I can't speak for Jesus but I feel he would have not approved of a gargantuan federal and state entitlement program turning compassion and charity for your fellow man into a gigantic, faceless bureucracy that promotes no human interaction in doling out its version of "charity". This deprives many of being able to experience giving or receiving true human grace/charity. What higher human qualities are fostered through the faceless redistribution of taxes especially when a significant percentage of those taxes go toward supporting the tax collectors and other beneficiaries of this system? Doesn't seem much different than the system the Romans had set up with Harod and the Pharises.

I am of the opinion that charity should be given with the expectation that the one receiving charity should make an honest effort to correct shortcomings in behavior or personal decision making that contributed to being in a position of needing charity. Now I understand that everybody who needs charity doesn't always have control over their position in life...especially children and the sick.....but most adults do.

I would agree that Christ did not recognize borders in the way he dealt with people but he also espoused obeying the laws of a society unless it directly conflicted with the laws of God. Now you may argue that enforcing immigration laws conflicts with the laws of God but you'll have to make a case for the reason you believe that.

rock on sooner
3/30/2015, 02:33 PM
I thought it was very well done and well acted. They did leave out a few of the miracles that Jesus performed as descibed by the New Testament.

Having watched this account of the last years of Jesus' life I cannot understand why liberals do not embrace what he represents. His story is mainly about showing that the true power of God is shown through exhibiting grace and love to others(especially the weak, poor and sick). Christ stood up to the established oppressive religious and political authorities of the day and it cost him his life. I can only assume that liberals do not like the fact that Christ did expect some self-responsibility to go along with the grace and forgiveness he taught.

Surprised that you would say liberals do not embrace what Jesus
represents! My church is packed with liberals, it is an open, affirming,
welcoming congregation and there are some Pubs there, too! I think
it is fair to say "some" liberals may feel that way, just as it is fair to
say "some" Pubs may feel that way.....(and I didn't see the show
you mentioned).

And, I agree with your point you made later about Serenity Now. It
is certainly a calmer board in 8th's absence....

FaninAma
3/30/2015, 02:42 PM
Surprised that you would say liberals do not embrace what Jesus
represents! My church is packed with liberals, it is an open, affirming,
welcoming congregation and there are some Pubs there, too! I think
it is fair to say "some" liberals may feel that way, just as it is fair to
say "some" Pubs may feel that way.....(and I didn't see the show
you mentioned).

And, I agree with your point you made later about Serenity Now. It
is certainly a calmer board in 8th's absence....

My initial post may have been a bit of an over generalization. But at least from the media and political side of the liberal spectrum you cannot deny that there is more than a small amount hostility shown toward the Christian faith. Does your Church understand exactly how the government has interferred with the traditional role of Churches in a community? I think the growth of federal entitlement programs has been a disaster for the cohesiveness of communities that once was the foundation of this country.

rock on sooner
3/30/2015, 03:02 PM
My initial post may have been a bit of an over generalization. But at least from the media and political side of the liberal spectrum you cannot deny that there is more than a small amount hostility shown toward the Christian faith. Does your Church understand exactly how the government has interferred with the traditional role of Churches in a community? I think the growth of federal entitlement programs has been a disaster for the cohesiveness of communities that once was the foundation of this country.

Given how active we are in so many aspects of helping those who
need help, I'd say the church is acutely aware of most forms of
interference.

I certainly do not deny the hostility exists, but, I believe it is fair to say
that the evangelical right aggressively fans the flames of hostility toward
most federal programs, labeling them all entitlement. I have a hard time
buying "entitlement" for those programs that working people have paid
into. Now, SNAP is one example of abuse that is a whole 'nother story!

FaninAma
3/30/2015, 03:11 PM
Given how active we are in so many aspects of helping those who
need help, I'd say the church is acutely aware of most forms of
interference.

I certainly do not deny the hostility exists, but, I believe it is fair to say
that the evangelical right aggressively fans the flames of hostility toward
most federal programs, labeling them all entitlement. I have a hard time
buying "entitlement" for those programs that working people have paid
into. Now, SNAP is one example of abuse that is a whole 'nother story!

i don't disagree. Now I do have a hard time recalling any hostility toward social security or medicare by any religious types I have known. I think even the national "religious right" leaders(as you refer to them) would recognize the difference between programs that have been paid into and those that are truly entitlements.

I really cannot fathom a time when Americans ignored others in their community who needed help and let them go hungry or shelterless. Maybe there have been times when it happened. I guess the federal government has met the physical needs of all in this country but it sure has come up short in addressing the spiritual needs.

rock on sooner
3/30/2015, 03:33 PM
i don't disagree. Now I do have a hard time recalling any hostility toward social security or medicare by any religious types I have known. I think even the national "religious right" leaders(as you refer to them) would recognize the difference between programs that have been paid into and those that are truly entitlements.

I really cannot fathom a time when Americans ignored others in their community who needed help and let them go hungry or shelterless. Maybe there have been times when it happened. I guess the federal government has met the physical needs of all in this country but it sure has come up short in addressing the spiritual needs.

Well, given the whole separation of church and state thing, you're right
about spiritual needs aspect. On the other hand, with so many being
below the poverty line, not so sure about the physical needs part. We
have had many discussions on this board about ways to help those in
need to help themselves, some really good ideas that have even been
suggested to our elected leaders only to fall on deaf ears (both parties).

hawaii 5-0
3/30/2015, 03:42 PM
Would Jesus have been a Republican ?

Would Jesus tried to overturn Obamacare?

Deny millions a semblance of adequate healthcare?

Gimme a break.

Laff O' tha Day !!

5-0

okie52
3/30/2015, 04:08 PM
So Jesus is a democrat?

So you think Jesus would be out front demanding Obamacare when he could cure everyone that was sick with a wave of his hand (or whatever it is he would do)?

But I'm sure he would be protesting that gays are not allowed to be married. Heh heh

hawaii 5-0
3/30/2015, 04:26 PM
Silly Thread.

5-0

okie52
3/30/2015, 04:29 PM
Heh heh

SicEmBaylor
3/30/2015, 04:48 PM
I'm not a believer in the divinity of Jesus, but I'd rather his name and legacy not be politicized.

TAFBSooner
3/30/2015, 05:33 PM

There are many liberals, myself included, who appreciate Jesus' teachings, yet still have problems with "the Christian Faith" as it is preached today by some churches. There are many, many more reference in the Bible to how to treat the poor and the stranger than there are on sexuality, for example.

BTW, this is not a new dichotomy- see Thomas Jefferson.

Turd_Ferguson
3/30/2015, 05:40 PM
There are many liberals, myself included, who appreciate Jesus' teachings, yet still have problems with "the Christian Faith" as it is preached today by some churches. There are many, many more reference in the Bible to how to treat the poor and the stranger than there are on sexuality, for example.

BTW, this is not a new dichotomy- see Thomas Jefferson.

So, what does your post have to do with Fan's post that you quoted?

FaninAma
3/30/2015, 06:34 PM
Silly Thread.

5-0
Opinion noted. See ya in some other thread. Sorry this discussion makes you so uncomfortable.

FaninAma
3/30/2015, 06:39 PM
I'm not a believer in the divinity of Jesus, but I'd rather his name and legacy not be politicized.
I am not trying to politicize Jesus. I just fail to understand howanybody thinks He would have favored ceding our responsibilities to look out for our neighbors to a faceless, morally neutral self-serving federal government.

BoulderSooner79
3/30/2015, 06:40 PM

HAHAHAHA, yeah that cease any day now. (Stop it, you're killing me)

FaninAma
3/30/2015, 06:50 PM
Well, given the whole separation of church and state thing, you're right
about spiritual needs aspect. On the other hand, with so many being
below the poverty line, not so sure about the physical needs part. We
have had many discussions on this board about ways to help those in
need to help themselves, some really good ideas that have even been
suggested to our elected leaders only to fall on deaf ears (both parties).
Charity that addresses only the physical needs without addressing the spirirual needs of the community is the reason we have a broken black communtity and are, as a society, failing the poor in this country. I think the lack of spirituality is a huge problem with our large corpirations, politicians and 1%ers.

yermom
3/30/2015, 07:10 PM
i think Jesus was pretty clear about taxes and intrusive government

he was also pretty clear about fleecing people in the name of religion, if i remember my mythology right

spirituality is not the government's job.

i think Gandhi summed it up pretty well:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

Soonerjeepman
3/30/2015, 07:12 PM
started watching it....it was good especially on Palm Sunday. Then the boy wanted to watch Walking Dead...I did tape it so I'll pick it up.

As far as the libs believing or not...I wouldn't plan on any non Christian believing any of it.

My two cents..about the whole dem/pub that Serenity said..

1. Did ya see who YOUR DEM leader golfed with the other day? Might check that out..sure wasn't some homeless person or even a middle class person...or even someone in the 99% group..but go ahead and believe he's for the non-rich. I'm sure if a pub president did that y'all would be all over that. Please don't compare to anything the president did 6 and half YEARS ago.

2. You have an obligation to provide for YOUR family first. Probably EVERYONE on this board goes above and beyond. So unless you are living the bare minimum, food, shelter, clothing, etc..without ANY extras..or more than needed (see shelter, food, clothing) don't say a thing.

I haven't looked but Serenity, you ever answer my question about using the word "white" to describe folks? just asking

yermom
3/30/2015, 08:53 PM
i'm sure you missed the subtlety of his point about "the blacks" just like you did with the "government employees" bit before

Eielson
3/30/2015, 09:05 PM
I bet Jesus wouldn't have voted even if Obama forced him to.

okie52
3/30/2015, 09:41 PM
i think Jesus was pretty clear about taxes and intrusive government

he was also pretty clear about fleecing people in the name of religion, if i remember my mythology right

spirituality is not the government's job.

i think Gandhi summed it up pretty well:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

Yet the Muslims didn't like Gandhi and formed Pakistan...go figure?

okie52
3/30/2015, 09:42 PM
I bet Jesus wouldn't have voted even if Obama forced him to.

Well Jesus was poor...

Serenity Now
3/30/2015, 10:02 PM
started watching it....it was good especially on Palm Sunday. Then the boy wanted to watch Walking Dead...I did tape it so I'll pick it up.

As far as the libs believing or not...I wouldn't plan on any non Christian believing any of it.

My two cents..about the whole dem/pub that Serenity said..

1. Did ya see who YOUR DEM leader golfed with the other day? Might check that out..sure wasn't some homeless person or even a middle class person...or even someone in the 99% group..but go ahead and believe he's for the non-rich. I'm sure if a pub president did that y'all would be all over that. Please don't compare to anything the president did 6 and half YEARS ago.

2. You have an obligation to provide for YOUR family first. Probably EVERYONE on this board goes above and beyond. So unless you are living the bare minimum, food, shelter, clothing, etc..without ANY extras..or more than needed (see shelter, food, clothing) don't say a thing.

I haven't looked but Serenity, you ever answer my question about using the word "white" to describe folks? just asking
You can smooch my 3/4 white arse. No tongue please. I don't want to make sally kerns list.

Don't say inappropriate things and I won't comment on it.

I voted for w. I never begrudged him his vacations. I read that Obama would have to take off for the rest of his presidency to match bush's time off.

I know plenty of Christians who are democratic. The Jesus would be a republican line is classic.

Serenity Now
3/30/2015, 10:04 PM
He'd be from the Green Party. :)

TAFBSooner
3/30/2015, 10:09 PM
So, what does your post have to do with Fan's post that you quoted?

Fan: "But at least from the media and political side of the liberal spectrum you cannot deny that there is more than a small amount hostility shown toward the Christian faith."

Lots of moving parts, among liberals and among the different parts (i.e., groups) of "the" Christian faith. But it's true that some liberals don't like some groups of Christians. Those same liberals tend to agree with what Jesus said (how to treat the poor and the stranger/foreigner).

Serenity Now
3/30/2015, 10:15 PM
The greatest commandment. ....and your neighbor as yourself.

okie52
3/30/2015, 10:18 PM
Pretty sure when I go to Mexico I will obey their laws and leave when I'm supposed to...

hawaii 5-0
3/30/2015, 11:16 PM
Opinion noted. See ya in some other thread. Sorry this discussion makes you so uncomfortable.

Not uncomfartable one bit. (misspelling intended).

This thread is silly, period.

My guess is that if Jesus was anything he'd be Independent.

When I think of Jesus throwing out the Jewish moneychangers in the Temple I think of Sheldon Adelson and the Koch Brothers. Oh, and Romney and his 47% remark. That one's very Christian.

5-0

okie52
3/31/2015, 12:20 AM
Do you think of Jesus leading the way for abortion rights, trannies and the whole sexual orientation thing or is that where he goes independent?

hawaii 5-0
3/31/2015, 02:39 AM
I sure don't see him leading the charge to nuke Iran.

I haven't a clue about Jesus's stand on when life begins.

I have no evidence Jesus wasn't gay.

5-0

okie52
3/31/2015, 06:46 AM
Do you see him bombing Libya?

So you don't know if Jesus was gay or if he supported gay marriage and you don't know where Jesus stood on abortion but you know he supported Obamacare...

And I thought I was going to miss 8th...

Sooner in Tampa
3/31/2015, 07:24 AM
Silly Thread.

5-0

Well, you are more than welcome to exit said thread. Gotta love when people complain about threads...don't read the damn things then.

Sooner in Tampa
3/31/2015, 07:35 AM
Do you see him bombing Libya?

So you don't know if Jesus was gay or if he supported gay marriage and you don't know where Jesus stood on abortion but you know he supported Obamacare...

And I thought I was going to miss 8th...

I certainly don't see Jesus bombing Libya...remember he said that if your enemy smacks your cheek, show him the other one. This a great idea in theory, but certainly doesn't work in this day and age...people will just get taken advantage of.

It is safe to assume that Jesus would have frowned upon gay marriage...just as he told the woman about to be stoned to death..."Go and sin no more." Jesus' teachings were from the Bible and the Bible clearly states that marriage is between one man and one woman...so I would think he would counsel the subjects and tell them to seek guidance from the Father. BUT, that is pure speculation.

It is certainly silly to try and comprehend who Jesus would react to all of the issues in todays world. I, for one, would only lean towards what the Bible says because of Jesus' many references to "the Torah". As far as political parties...not so much...I have no inclination as to which side of the aisle Jesus would fall on, but since he taught of loving one another...it is a fair assumption that he strive to bipartisan.

okie52
3/31/2015, 07:44 AM
I certainly don't see Jesus bombing Libya...remember he said that if your enemy smacks your cheek, show him the other one. This a great idea in theory, but certainly doesn't work in this day and age...people will just get taken advantage of.

It is safe to assume that Jesus would have frowned upon gay marriage...just as he told the woman about to be stoned to death..."Go and sin no more." Jesus' teachings were from the Bible and the Bible clearly states that marriage is between one man and one woman...so I would think he would counsel the subjects and tell them to seek guidance from the Father. BUT, that is pure speculation.

It is certainly silly to try and comprehend who Jesus would react to all of the issues in todays world. I, for one, would only lean towards what the Bible says because of Jesus' many references to "the Torah". As far as political parties...not so much...I have no inclination as to which side of the aisle Jesus would fall on, but since he taught of loving one another...it is a fair assumption that he strive to bipartisan.

I don't think Jesus would be aligned with any party either, well, unless it was one that supported obamacare

rock on sooner
3/31/2015, 07:54 AM
Pretty sure when I go to Mexico I will obey their laws and leave when I'm supposed to...

I heard that Mexico was checking the backgrounds of visitors and was
not allowing "Okie's" in....:biggrin:

Serenity Now
3/31/2015, 08:43 AM
I don't think Jesus would be aligned with any party either, well, unless it was one that supported obamacare

Tyranny!!!!!! [you've got to yell it like Mel Gibson yelling "freedom" in Braveheart - also works better with the Gadsden flag as your avatar]

Agree with Tampa, mostly. The red letters in the Bible don't address homosexuality. It's addressed in Leviticus. Here are some fun things addressed in that book: failure to include salt in offerings, letting your hair be unkempt, shaving forbidden, eating an animal which doesn't both chew cud and has a divided hoof, mixing fabrics, sleeping with another man's slave, selling an Israelite as a slave, and having sex with parent/child/grandchild/sister-in-law/daughter-in-law/father's wife/aunt/half-sister/uncle's wife/neighbor/neighbor's wife/etc. I go to that part of the book for historical reference and that's all. Paul touches on it but Paul's words are not written in red. And, Paul's letters are sometimes taken out of context as they're written to a specific group and are not necessarily a doctrine. The letter that Paul would write to San Francisco today would differ from the letter written to Oklahoma. :)
--------------
“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Sooner in Tampa
3/31/2015, 09:23 AM
I see where you are going, Serenity.

It can be argued that Jesus did speak of homosexuality in Mark:

What comes out of you is what defiles you. For from within, out of your hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile you. (Mark 7:20-23)

While he does not address it specifically, it is often deemed sexual immoral, so he is addressing it.

I also see the conundrum..."Love your neighbor as yourself". I also found this interesting point of view:

It seems beyond reasonable doubt that Paul intended to condemn homosexual conduct (but not homosexual people) in the most general and theologically broad terms he knew. His three scattered references fit together in an impressive way as an expression of God’s will as he saw it

Anyway...all of that aside...after watching Killing Jesus...we know the story and how it turns out...I found the kindness of Jesus and his everlasting love displayed even when on the cross to be a life lesson that I hope to use more often.

FaninAma
3/31/2015, 10:36 AM
Not uncomfartable one bit. (misspelling intended).

This thread is silly, period.

My guess is that if Jesus was anything he'd be Independent.

When I think of Jesus throwing out the Jewish moneychangers in the Temple I think of Sheldon Adelson and the Koch Brothers. Oh, and Romney and his 47% remark. That one's very Christian.

5-0
If it is silly why do you keep posting in it? I avoid threads I consider silly. You obviously have a point or opinion you want heard.

The whole premise of the thread is to point out the hypocrisy of the left as they supposedly embrace the tenets of what Christ espoused but vociferously denounce those who follow(admittedly a lot of times imperfectly) his tenets. I think the disconnect comes from the left, in general, being hypocritical and not wanting to be held to personal standards. They would prefer that their personal responsibility of stepping up and caring for their neighbors be handled by an authoritarian impersonal bureaucratic government that takes about 25% of every dollar it forcibly collects for its own use. Add in the money borrowed from future generations and that figure increases to 50% of the money the federal government spends benefits the government only or is borrowed. What kind of credible charity spends borrowed money?

Serenity Now
3/31/2015, 11:33 AM
If it is silly why do you keep posting in it? I avoid threads I consider silly. You obviously have a point or opinion you want heard.

The whole premise of the thread is to point out the hypocrisy of the left as they supposedly embrace the tenets of what Christ espoused but vociferously denounce those who follow(admittedly a lot of times imperfectly) his tenets. I think the disconnect comes from the left, in general, being hypocritical and not wanting to be held to personal standards. They would prefer that their personal responsibility of stepping up and caring for their neighbors be handled by an authoritarian impersonal bureaucratic government that takes about 25% of every dollar it forcibly collects for its own use. Add in the money borrowed from future generations and that figure increases to 50% of the money the federal government spends benefits the government only or is borrowed. What kind of credible charity spends borrowed money?

The left, much like Ghandi, has no problems with Christianity but with the actions of Christians. And, by that, I mean SOME Christians. I disagree with many of my very good friends on a few theological issues. We agree on 95% of it. So, it's not a deal breaker. For example, I don't know that there's some awesome plan for my life because that would imply that some poor soul in India had a crappy plan for their life. And, free will has to play in there in some form. I don't personally prescribe to the whole notion of predetermination. But I'm not going to not be friends with or worship with these people because of that. I will express my difference of opinion when those issues arise. I've done that and we're still friends.

Now, on to spending dollars that we don't have:

....defense spending....

mic drop.

Sooner in Tampa
3/31/2015, 11:39 AM
Now, on to spending dollars that we don't have:

....bloated social programs/entitlements for poor....

mic drop.

Good Call!!! Bravo!!!

SoonerProphet
3/31/2015, 12:04 PM
Good Call!!! Bravo!!!

So the military isn't a bloated entitlement machine. Good to know.

Sooner in Tampa
3/31/2015, 12:29 PM

Well, since the government is actually SUPPOSED to protect the citizens and all of that...the social/entitlements programs are more offensive.

We get it...the libs would rather slash the military and keep the poor beholden to them...just a form of modern day slavery!

Serenity Now
3/31/2015, 12:36 PM
Well, since the government is actually SUPPOSED to protect the citizens and all of that...the social/entitlements programs are more offensive.

We get it...the libs would rather slash the military and keep the poor beholden to them...just a form of modern day slavery!They're not mutually exclusive. They can actually BOTH be bloated entitlement machines.

hawaii 5-0
3/31/2015, 01:15 PM
Well, you are more than welcome to exit said thread. Gotta love when people complain about threads...don't read the damn things then.

Oh, sometimes I like to follow along for entertainment value. Much like watching Fox.

And I love watching some of you fellas get your panties in a twist.

The Prince of Peace is supposed to be a Hawk ? Gimme a break.

So far no one's argument hasn't convinced my that Jesus was against gays or even gay himself. You can throw out the Old Testament stuff. Way too much 'smiting' going on for Jesus to go along with.

Someone beat me to the Military entitlement hoax. We used to defend our country. Now we're the aggressors, starting wars on sovereign nations. And not budgeting the cost involved. Sounds like we're the Romans.

5-0

Sooner in Tampa
3/31/2015, 01:22 PM
They're not mutually exclusive. They can actually BOTH be bloated entitlement machines.

Touche

Sooner in Tampa
3/31/2015, 01:29 PM
Oh, sometimes I like to follow along for entertainment value. Much like watching Fox.

And I love watching some of you fellas get your panties in a twist.

The Prince of Peace is supposed to be a Hawk ? Gimme a break.

So far no one's argument hasn't convinced my that Jesus was against gays or even gay himself. You can throw out the Old Testament stuff. Way too much 'smiting' going on for Jesus to go along with.

Someone beat me to the Military entitlement hoax. We used to defend our country. Now we're the aggressors, starting wars on sovereign nations. And not budgeting the cost involved. Sounds like we're the Romans.

5-0

So to summarize...You're acting like a troll

hawaii 5-0
3/31/2015, 01:38 PM
So to summarize...You're acting like a troll

Trolls simply post to stir things up.

I'd like to think that some of my posts make sense even if you or others disagree with me. Life would be bored if everyone thought the same.

Maybe you could look back a few pages and see how many Troll Threads I've started........

5-0

okie52
3/31/2015, 02:54 PM
I heard that Mexico was checking the backgrounds of visitors and was
not allowing "Okie's" in....:biggrin:

First it was Cali now its Mexico...:frown:

East Coast Bias
3/31/2015, 03:52 PM
Atheist here, but I appreciate the teachings of Jesus. I would think he would be hanging out with the immigrants, gays and poor people.

okie52
3/31/2015, 05:10 PM
Atheist here, but I appreciate the teachings of Jesus. I would think he would be hanging out with the immigrants, gays and poor people.

Yeah, the gay messiah would also be helping the poor out at abortion clinics and officiating at gay weddings
...providing free anal lube For all attendees.

FaninAma
4/1/2015, 10:18 AM

Foreign interventionism is a waste of lives and money.

TAFBSooner
4/8/2015, 02:09 PM

Jesus would not have supported Obamacare. He threw the moneychangers out of the Temple; I think he would do the same for the hospitals. IOW he would have held out for Single Payer.

BoulderSooner79
4/8/2015, 05:17 PM
I didn't see the "Killing Jesus" special, but I did see the South Park Easter special on last Sunday. Finally! someone explained the whole bunny and colored egg thing in a way that I could understand. And Jesus did get killed, but he got better.

SicEmBaylor
4/8/2015, 05:21 PM
Although I'm not a Christian, I'm ideologically opposed to killing Jesus.

okie52
4/8/2015, 07:00 PM
Jesus would not have supported Obamacare. He threw the moneychangers out of the Temple; I think he would do the same for the hospitals. IOW he would have held out for Single Payer.

Jesus was a single payer guy? A guy that could cure the sick with a wave of his hand? I guess that is a single payer in a way.

FaninAma
4/10/2015, 11:01 AM
Jesus was a polotical except when politics/greed(same thing) were corrupting the true message He was teaching.

TAFBSooner
4/10/2015, 12:57 PM
Jesus was a polotical except when politics/greed(same thing) were corrupting the true message He was teaching.

Just as the for-profit medical insurance sector, before and after 2010, has corrupted the provision of health care in this country.