PDA

View Full Version : All good things must come to an end.

8timechamps
3/24/2015, 06:29 PM
Everyone knows this forum is lightly moderated. I made that apparent to Sooner8th on multiple occasions. He decided to take things too far, and as much as I know you enjoyed his presence here, he has received the hammer.

The Ban-Hammer has been used.

RIP Sooner8th

olevetonahill
3/24/2015, 06:48 PM
Shoulda had a Public hanging LOL
He did get tiresome

Serenity Now
3/24/2015, 07:41 PM
Non conservative head count?

olevetonahill
3/24/2015, 07:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lCKm-UwhP8

Eielson
3/24/2015, 08:28 PM
The ban-hammer has been put to good use.

hawaii 5-0
3/24/2015, 08:43 PM
I think anyone who starts a thread just to smack another poster should get the ax.

Trolling is one thing to stir up debate but to simply originate threads calling out other posters, fellow Sooners in fact, crosses the line. It's not my call.

I'll continue to keep my smack on the milder side, thank you.

5-0

REDREX
3/24/2015, 09:29 PM
Can he come back if he grows up?

olevetonahill
3/24/2015, 09:34 PM
I think anyone who starts a thread just to smack another poster should get the ax.

Trolling is one thing to stir up debate but to simply originate threads calling out other posters, fellow Sooners in fact, crosses the line. It's not my call.

I'll continue to keep my smack on the milder side, thank you.

5-0

:drunk::boxing:

Turd_Ferguson
3/24/2015, 09:34 PM
Can he come back if he grows up?

Yes, on the 5th of Never.

yermom
3/24/2015, 10:56 PM
so sport trolling the minority voice to get them to go off and get banned is the new pastime, eh?

Soonerjeepman
3/24/2015, 10:58 PM
I just had him on ignore...worked for me. I thought he crossed the line when he threatened me, finding my work place and reporting me...I really wanted to let him know I'd meet him someplace and let him say that in person, but took the higher road...just put him on ignore!

olevetonahill
3/24/2015, 11:01 PM
so sport trolling the minority voice to get them to go off and get banned is the new pastime, eh?

Like its something NEW. How many Meltdowns have there been over the years?

okie52
3/25/2015, 04:46 AM
So did 8th get a perma ban or is this just a one or two week ban?

I realize I'm in a very small minority that wants him here but I thought he kept the board hopping even if a lot of it was due to childish behavior.

He occasionally would post a solid point. This board might be all he has...

okie52
3/25/2015, 04:55 AM
So SoonerJeepman-you didn't report him?

What got him banned?

Sooner in Tampa
3/25/2015, 08:49 AM

What got him banned?

He got banned for making accusations of child molestation...as well he should have. There are certain things that are just not acceptable.

Sooner in Tampa
3/25/2015, 08:50 AM

So, people should not be held accountable for their own actions? It is someone else's fault?

Honestly...he was far more than the "minority voice".

REDREX
3/25/2015, 09:06 AM
Maybe he will take this time to get a Life

okie52
3/25/2015, 11:07 AM
He got banned for making accusations of child molestation...as well he should have. There are certain things that are just not acceptable.

Well that was over the line SIT and in no way am I defending 8th's behavior. I really think all of the insults are unnecessary. But I enjoyed him being here. For me he was a fun target because of his blind devotion to all that is dem. Being blindly devoted to either/any party is pretty stupid IMO. I really loved how he stated he was a "man of integrity" and his contempt for hypocrites yet he was probably the biggest hypocrite on this board. I couldn't even get him to explain how he, as a "conservative democrat" was different than a moderate/liberal dem. I knew he would have to "disagree" with other dems in giving his explanation and that was something that 8th would almost never do.

Sooner in Tampa
3/25/2015, 11:15 AM
okie52...there is not doubt in my mind that you are not defending his boorish behavior. He was just that...boorish...and no matter how hard anyone tried...it was impossible to find middle ground with him.

Ton Loc
3/25/2015, 11:16 AM
Glad he's gone. He ruined everything he took part in.

okie52
3/25/2015, 11:34 AM
okie52...there is not doubt in my mind that you are not defending his boorish behavior. He was just that...boorish...and no matter how hard anyone tried...it was impossible to find middle ground with him.

Well that is true. He wasn't going to have a reasonable discussion because of his blind devotion to dems and his inability to admit even the slightest shortcomings with regards to a dem.

I'm really amazed that he didn't see this or understand it.

SicEmBaylor
3/25/2015, 11:42 AM
I liked the guy.

Sooner in Tampa
3/25/2015, 11:46 AM
I liked the guy.
You are an Army of One

olevetonahill
I liked the guy.

Of course you did :boxing:

okie52
I don't know if I "liked the guy" but it would be interesting to meet him in "real life" just to see if he is anything close to his board persona.

Turd_Ferguson
3/25/2015, 12:00 PM
I don't know if I "liked the guy" but it would be interesting to meet him in "real life" just to see if he is anything close to his board persona.

I'm just as big an ******* in person as I am on the board...in case you were wondering.

SicEmBaylor
3/25/2015, 12:05 PM
I'm just as big an ******* in person as I am on the board...in case you were wondering.

You're a Care Bear, sugar tits.

okie52
3/25/2015, 12:09 PM

Heh...I've heard that...

Soonerjeepman
3/25/2015, 12:44 PM

What got him banned?

nah just ignored his a$$....

I have family in Edmond...the Friends? uncle is a retired doc

SicEmBaylor
3/25/2015, 12:50 PM
What went down that got him banned?

Sooner in Tampa
3/25/2015, 01:10 PM
What went down that got him banned?

Page 1

rock on sooner
3/25/2015, 02:26 PM
Well that is true. He wasn't going to have a reasonable discussion because of his blind devotion to dems and his inability to admit even the slightest shortcomings with regards to a dem.

I'm really amazed that he didn't see this or understand it.

I tried with pm's to get him to see where he was headed. He didn't
want to do anything other that what he was doing....agitating, abrasive,
self centered. He thought it was his calling to take on all the right
wingnuts (his words) and not let them go unchallenged....imo, zealot
comes close to describing him. He went off on me when I tried to help.
I never put him on ignore but I ignored his rants, he is/was worse than
any righties on this board and did more to harm any/all left leaning posters.

okie52
3/25/2015, 02:46 PM
I tried with pm's to get him to see where he was headed. He didn't
want to do anything other that what he was doing....agitating, abrasive,
self centered. He thought it was his calling to take on all the right
wingnuts (his words) and not let them go unchallenged....imo, zealot
comes close to describing him. He went off on me when I tried to help.
I never put him on ignore but I ignored his rants, he is/was worse than
any righties on this board and did more to harm any/all left leaning posters.

He had basically bought into the idea that libs in the past hadn't been vocal enough in their own defense and he, personally, was going to even that out. And I'm fine with that if he, or any poster, can be at least somewhat objective in their discussions. I remember he often cited the reagan doctrine of "thou shalt not speak poorly about another pub" to criticize pubs but never, ever saw himself in that light with regard to dems.

I certainly don't mind "spirited" discussions and a little banter back and forth. To me that makes for a good board. I don't like a board that is all one sided...too boring. I really don't have any beef with any poster on this board, left or right.

REDREX
3/25/2015, 03:00 PM
He had basically bought into the idea that libs in the past hadn't been vocal enough in their own defense and he, personally, was going to even that out. And I'm fine with that if he, or any poster, can be at least somewhat objective in their discussions. I remember he often cited the reagan doctrine of "thou shalt not speak poorly about another pub" to criticize pubs but never, ever saw himself in that light with regard to dems.

I certainly don't mind "spirited" discussions and a little banter back and forth. To me that makes for a good board. I don't like a board that is all one sided...too boring. I really don't have any beef with any poster on this board, left or right.---You are being too kind the guy is a pompous *** that thought he was smarter than everyone else

SoonerorLater
3/25/2015, 03:06 PM
Any political discussion was secondary to his using this forum as a launch pad for his rants. He was just a narcissistic, borderline psychopathic troll.

olevetonahill
3/25/2015, 03:08 PM
---You are being too kind the guy is a pompous *** that thought he was smarter than everyone else

Yup

okie52
3/25/2015, 03:24 PM
---You are being too kind the guy is a pompous *** that thought he was smarter than everyone else

Well that was part of the entertainment for me. He was obviously very insecure. Anyone that has to state "I won" or "I'm smarter than you" is usually pretty desperate.

REDREX
3/25/2015, 03:27 PM
Well that was part of the entertainment for me. He was obviously very insecure. Anyone that has to state "I won" or "I'm smarter than you" is usually pretty desperate.----I know business is bad Okie----And you need some entertainment but if he was it----You need to get out more

okie52
3/25/2015, 03:39 PM
----I know business is bad Okie----And you need some entertainment but if he was it----You need to get out more

heh heh

East Coast Bias
3/25/2015, 03:44 PM
I thought he put some pretty good arguments in play and was a good foil for the right. His style was too bombastic for me but he put the board on its heels on a regular basis. The entertainment factor was high.Most of the left-leaners have left, negged out of existence and that is not a good thing. The conversation then becomes people, just patting each other on the back, or in bombastic terms, a circle jerk.

okie52
3/25/2015, 03:53 PM
I thought he put some pretty good arguments in play and was a good foil for the right. His style was too bombastic for me but he put the board on its heels on a regular basis. The entertainment factor was high.Most of the left-leaners have left, negged out of existence and that is not a good thing. The conversation then becomes people, just patting each other on the back, or in bombastic terms, a circle jerk.

8th did have some points. I was more than willing to give him credit for them but he just couldn't/wouldn't admit when a dem screwed up. He was also big about righties repeating "talking points" but he was living, breathing talking point. But that's what entertained me about him.

East Coast Bias
3/25/2015, 04:10 PM
8th did have some points. I was more than willing to give him credit for them but he just couldn't/wouldn't admit when a dem screwed up. He was also big about righties repeating "talking points" but he was living, breathing talking point. But that's what entertained me about him.

Agreed. I also don't think the name-calling helps win any arguments.

Eielson
3/26/2015, 04:34 PM

What do you have against circle jerks? Did you have a bad experience?

8timechamps
3/26/2015, 04:55 PM
For the record, he had been warned numerous times. I don't do the 2 week trial ban, or whatever it is (mostly because I don't want to babysit a poster when they come back). So, I was fair and gave him more than one chance to reel it in. The name calling, insults, etc. can be handled (we're all big boys...and girls here). However, there are some things that even the most ridiculous posters know is over the top and off limits. In this case, he crossed that line (after being warned).

His perma-Ban had nothing to do with his political affiliation or his expression on issues. Nor did it have to do with him calling people names (again, everyone knows this place is much more hands off than any other part of the board).

I didn't mind having him around because it did keep the conversations lively, but he crossed the line and paid the price.

REDREX
3/26/2015, 05:13 PM
The Death Penalty-----R.I.P. 8th

okie52
3/26/2015, 05:14 PM
For the record, he had been warned numerous times. I don't do the 2 week trial ban, or whatever it is (mostly because I don't want to babysit a poster when they come back). So, I was fair and gave him more than one chance to reel it in. The name calling, insults, etc. can be handled (we're all big boys...and girls here). However, there are some things that even the most ridiculous posters know is over the top and off limits. In this case, he crossed that line (after being warned).

His perma-Ban had nothing to do with his political affiliation or his expression on issues. Nor did it have to do with him calling people names (again, everyone knows this place is much more hands off than any other part of the board).

I didn't mind having him around because it did keep the conversations lively, but he crossed the line and paid the price.

Think he'll resurface?

Curly Bill
3/26/2015, 05:19 PM
Darn! That's a shame! :sentimental:

olevetonahill
3/26/2015, 05:57 PM
Think he'll resurface?

Maybe he come back as This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4OS17lqHiE

okie52
3/26/2015, 08:00 PM
Heh heh

ouwasp
3/26/2015, 08:23 PM
Glad he's gone. He's been on ignore for some time, yet others would always quote him, so his firebombing presence...was always present.

The thing is, 8th is undoubtedly happy with this: He is now a "martyr" for the cause!

Friends, this is truly a win-win event. Be happy for us and him.

Curly Bill
3/26/2015, 08:34 PM
But seriously...what new troll name can we be expecting soon?

olevetonahill
3/26/2015, 09:37 PM
Glad he's gone. He's been on ignore for some time, yet others would always quote him, so his firebombing presence...was always present.

The thing is, 8th is undoubtedly happy with this: He is now a "martyr" for the cause!

Friends, this is truly a win-win event. Be happy for us and him.

I dint mind him so much when he started gettin really Boorish Id just put him on Iggy,

But seriously...what new troll name can we be expecting soon?

CB I already posted it LOL
Call me anything ya want , But NEVER Call a Dad of 4 Daughters a "Child Molester"
Hell If I ever met the dude and he said that I'd Dot his eye!
And NOT with a fist!