PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa and North Texas

Tear Down This Wall
3/24/2015, 11:09 AM
If the SEC can cobble together half-as*sed BYU and Army for P5, can't we do the same with brokedick Tulsa and North Texas?

I mean, Tulsa is as occasionally good as BYU. And, North Texas is easily as annually crappy as Army. They are close enough for everyone in the Big 12 to schedule...and whip.

So, what are we waiting for? This seems like something where we don't have to wait for someone to say "n*gger" or have a girl punched in the face to act. We can just go ahead and do it.

Are Boren and Castiglione awake enough to nudge the Big 12 bend over of a commish in this direction?

badger
3/24/2015, 11:13 AM
Be careful what you wish for. Tulsa just hired Baylor's offensive coordinator as head coach and that offense scored tons of points on our defense recently :(

Tear Down This Wall
3/24/2015, 11:20 AM
I don't care who coaches them, Tulsa will be as crappy as ever because they have academic standards that they actually keep in place.

North Texas is one of only a handful of schools which has never been placed on any type of NCAA probation. So, they are to be as lauded for following the rules as Tulsa (and SMU and Rice and Tulane) are for keeping their academic reputations ahead of their athletics.

EatLeadCommie
3/24/2015, 11:26 AM
Tulsa and UNT are not independents. Army is, which is how the SEC can get away with such nonsense.

Tear Down This Wall
3/24/2015, 11:43 AM
Tulsa and UNT are not independents. Army is, which is how the SEC can get away with such nonsense.

Good point. I'm sure, though, SEC - or, the other conferences - will find a way around it.