PDA

View Full Version : Bradford to Philly

cvsooner
3/10/2015, 03:11 PM
Looks like the Eagles are picking up Sam in a trade; sending Nick Foles to St. Louis.

Bradford with Chip Kelly as a coach. I like it.

olevetonahill
3/10/2015, 03:22 PM
Looks like the Eagles are picking up Sam in a trade; sending Nick Foles to St. Louis.

Bradford with Chip Kelly as a coach. I like it.

Whats the rest of the Team like tho? do they have a Line to protect Sam? Do they have anyone capable of catching what he throws em?

cvsooner
3/10/2015, 03:28 PM
Rams just cut both OTs loose, not that they were all that great. Both teams are kind of a mess really. Also Philly losing top WR and RB. St. Louis has young talented WRs from WVU and another high draft pick to take probably Kevin White or Amari Cooper. But St. Louis really needs to develop an O line first and foremost.

Best thing for Sam is NFC East is a little easier division than NFC West. Eagles, Giants, Cowboys and Washington.

olevetonahill
3/10/2015, 03:29 PM
http://thebiglead.com/2015/03/10/sam-bradford-traded-from-the-rams-to-the-eagles-for-nick-foles/

cvsooner
3/10/2015, 03:40 PM
Bradford will have Lane Johnson as one OT, so there's that. He also has the OC he had when he was offensive rookie of the year.

bmjlr
3/10/2015, 03:42 PM
Yikes, Philly has gotten rid of their top weapons. Not sure this is any better than St. Louis for Sammy B.

cvsooner
3/10/2015, 03:46 PM
Maybe the Eagles can pick up Murray or Peterson since they both look to be on the market.

cvsooner
3/10/2015, 03:48 PM
Now reporting that Murray is going to the Eagles. #mindblown

EDIT: apparently that came from a fake Twitter account. Apologies.

EatLeadCommie
3/10/2015, 03:48 PM
Philly is a brutal place to play. Not a good place for Sam. At all.

EatLeadCommie
3/10/2015, 04:04 PM
Doesn't make much sense either. Philly supposedly gave up Foles and draft picks to take on Sam's contract? I realize Sam's a top pick, but Foles for Sam is pretty much a wash at this point. Foles actually had a great season just two years ago.

dwarthog
3/10/2015, 04:21 PM
Do they still have the "Judge and court" working the home games there in Philly?

Eielson
3/10/2015, 04:44 PM
If Philly still had Jackson, Maclin, and McCoy, I would say this is great news. They don't, though.

I don't see this as good news for Sam. Chip Kelly is the only thing to really like about going to the Eagles. This may be part of a bigger play to get Mariota, in which case, Sam would be going to one of the worst teams in the league.

nighttrain12
3/10/2015, 04:55 PM
It all comes down to, can Sam stay healthy? A healthy Bradford is certainly better than Mark Sanchez.

SoonerorLater
3/10/2015, 05:02 PM
If Philly still had Jackson, Maclin, and McCoy, I would say this is great news. They don't, though.

I don't see this as good news for Sam. Chip Kelly is the only thing to really like about going to the Eagles. This may be part of a bigger play to get Mariota, in which case, Sam would be going to one of the worst teams in the league.

Yeah there has to be more parts in play than meets the eye. Eagles want Mariota. Doesn't make sense to trade Bradford for Foles unless they trade him for a draft pick. It's just hard to figure out a landing spot for Bradford. Maybe they see Mariota falling to to 6 with the Jets. Have to think about this a bit.

cvsooner
3/10/2015, 05:45 PM
Guess there is something to the Eagles/Murray thing. And AD is probably available too. "Hey, we're getting the band back together..."

Aries
3/10/2015, 06:54 PM
Rams just cut both OTs loose, not that they were all that great. Both teams are kind of a mess really. Also Philly losing top WR and RB. St. Louis has young talented WRs from WVU and another high draft pick to take probably Kevin White or Amari Cooper. But St. Louis really needs to develop an O line first and foremost.

Best thing for Sam is NFC East is a little easier division than NFC West. Eagles, Giants, Cowboys and Washington.

Not quite true, but not too far off. They released Wells (C) and Davin Joseph (G), and apparently Barksdale (RT) wants to test the free agent market. They still have Robinson (LT) and Saffold (G, and can play RT). All the same, two of five starters are already gone, and a third looking likely to be gone.

VA Sooner
3/10/2015, 06:54 PM
Guess there is something to the Eagles/Murray thing. And AD is probably available too. "Hey, we're getting the band back together..."

Would love for this to be the case... would have to take on a new team to cheer for then. Thank god for fantasy football!

swardboy
3/10/2015, 07:26 PM
There's also speculation that should Phillie get Mariota, they would send Sam to Tennessee in some kind of deal. Jake Locker has retired from football so Nashville is in bad QB situation.

Mookie91
3/10/2015, 07:37 PM
I hope he stays healthy

Eielson
3/10/2015, 08:14 PM
I'm a little sad to see Sam go, but this is shaping up to be a great deal for us. Not only did we clear over 10M in cap space with this deal, we also added a 2nd rounder next year, and upgraded our 5th rounder to a 4th rounder. I think Sam is the better QB when healthy, but given the low odds of Sam staying healthy, I think it could be pretty easily argued that Foles is worth as much or more. Throw in the extra picks and cap space, and I think this is a no-brainer.

Outside of Chip Kelly, there isn't much to like about this trade from Sam's point of view, but Kelly pushed hard for Bradford, so I think there is something to like here. I mentioned a bigger deal for Mariota, but when factoring in the extra picks and Sam's monstrous contract that nobody else wanted to touch, I just don't see it happening. I think Kelly pushed hard to get Bradford because that's who he wanted. Sounds nice, but we'll see how it plays out.

I don't think the Rams' line is as much of a concern as it's being made out to be. It really wouldn't take much for it to become a strength. Jake Long was cut, but he was hurt most of last year, so it's not really a downgrade, and I'm pretty sure the significant amount of money saved is intended for upgrading the OL. Wells and Joseph are shells of their former selves, so their losses aren't significant either. Barksdale would be the only true loss, but at the end of the day, he was a nobody before our OL coach (one of the best in the NFL) got a hold of him, and we still have that guy. Greg Robinson is going to be a stud, Saffold is a very good and versatile lineman when healthy, there are several good guards in free agency that the Rams are pursuing, and we might draft somebody like Scherff. If we don't draft an OT, it's likely because we drafted White or Cooper, and that's not all bad for our QB, either.

soonergirlNeugene
3/11/2015, 06:16 AM
We? Things sure do get hazy around here once the focus shifts to the NFL. I just don't really care about any of the NFL teams - I root for OUr guys wherever they land. I would LOVE to see Sammy and AD wind up on the same team. Prolly never going to happen, but that would sure be something to see.

badger
3/11/2015, 08:51 AM
Thank goodness I don't need to make half hearted attempts to cheer for the St Louis Rams anymore. They are a lousy organization lately with a lousy stadium and they have one foot out the door back to California.

Now... can I bring myself to cheer for the Philadelphia Eagles?
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/3/11/8189829/dez-bryant-malcom-jenkins-demarco-murray-twitter-sick-burns

Yes, yes I think I could :D

MichiganSooner
3/11/2015, 09:30 AM
How many are going to by Philly gear?

badger
3/11/2015, 09:47 AM
I'm not prepared to go that far. But if Lane Johnson, Sam Bradford and DeMarco Murray are all starting on the Eagles offense next year... wowowowowowowow

Eielson
3/11/2015, 09:53 AM
We? Things sure do get hazy around here once the focus shifts to the NFL. I just don't really care about any of the NFL teams - I root for OUr guys wherever they land. I would LOVE to see Sammy and AD wind up on the same team. Prolly never going to happen, but that would sure be something to see.

If this is a reference to me, I'm a Rams fan.

I often refer to the Rams as "them" on here, but it's just awkward. That's MY team.

badger
3/11/2015, 10:46 AM
That's MY team
I'm sorry Eielson. Have you considered one of the other 29 teams? You could prefer to be a 5-year old and write to each franchise asking why you should be a fan and you could end up in the latest ESPN touchy-feely segment on Sportscenter :P

Eielson
3/11/2015, 03:53 PM
I'm sorry Eielson. Have you considered one of the other 29 teams? You could prefer to be a 5-year old and write to each franchise asking why you should be a fan and you could end up in the latest ESPN touchy-feely segment on Sportscenter :P

BLAH BLAH BLAH. Your Packers sure didn't do very well when your QB went down. Enjoy waltzing to the playoffs, and then having your season ended at the hands of an NFC West team next year for the FOURTH YEAR IN A ROW. It sure is tough playing with the big boys, huh?

badger
3/11/2015, 04:29 PM
Are you suggesting the St. Louis Rams bolt for a new conference? I hear OU fans like the SEC and Pac 12. You Rams should check both out ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/11/2015, 04:46 PM
I'm not prepared to go that far. But if Lane Johnson, Sam Bradford and DeMarco Murray are all starting on the Eagles offense next year... wowowowowowowowAt least that's a good START!

(Back when Chuck Fairbanks was HC at the Patriots in the mid-late 1970's, he had so many former Sooners on the NE Patriots that they were known as the NE Sooners in some circles.)

Eielson
3/11/2015, 05:05 PM
Are you suggesting the St. Louis Rams bolt for a new conference? I hear OU fans like the SEC and Pac 12. You Rams should check both out ;)

I think you're confusing the NFL with the NCAA. I can see how you can make the mistake, though, seeing as you play most of your games in the NFC North.

soonergirlNeugene
3/11/2015, 08:37 PM
A lot of Chip Kelly's resume was built around mobile QBs. That's never really been a tag I've associated with Sam.

Eielson
3/11/2015, 09:34 PM
A lot of Chip Kelly's resume was built around mobile QBs. That's never really been a tag I've associated with Sam.

...or Nick Foles.

3/12/2015, 12:52 AM
Sam and Nick Foles seem quite similar to me.

swardboy
3/12/2015, 07:55 AM
How many are going to by Philly gear?

Yes, I will go right by the Philly gear.

But I will cheer for Sam, Lane, and potentiall DM if he goes there.

birddog
3/12/2015, 12:10 PM
I grew up a Jaworski/eagles fan and I've never spent one second in Philly but It is pretty coincidental that jaws was traded to the eagles by the rams of all teams.

Aries
3/12/2015, 12:14 PM
I grew up a Jaworski/eagles fan and I've never spent one second in Philly but It is pretty coincidental that jaws was traded to the eagles by the rams of all teams.

So was Roman Gabriel

badger
3/12/2015, 01:10 PM
I think the Rams need to bring in headline grabbing guys and stop trying to win. They'll be in LA by next offseason anyways.

Short list: Tim Tebow, Terrell Owens, Vince Young, Michael Sam, Chad Ochocinco, Ray Rice....

ouduckhunter
3/12/2015, 01:24 PM
I haven't cheered for Philly since Chip Kelly took over there, but I will now. I too wonder how Sam fits into Chip's scheme, so I will keep my fingers crossed that it's all good.

Aries
3/12/2015, 01:27 PM
I think the Rams need to bring in headline grabbing guys and stop trying to win. They'll be in LA by next offseason anyways.

Short list: Tim Tebow, Terrell Owens, Vince Young, Michael Sam, Chad Ochocinco, Ray Rice....

I think the Packers need to sell the team to another town. :p

Bourbon St Sooner
3/12/2015, 01:29 PM
I hope DeMarco leaves Dallas. I hate to have any reason to even half-heartedly root for the cowgirls.

Sooner in Tampa
3/12/2015, 01:37 PM
I hope DeMarco leaves Dallas. I hate to have any reason to even half-heartedly root for the cowgirls.
Murray is an Eagle...5yrs/$42M...$21M guaranteed!!

Good work, if you can get it.

Bourbon St Sooner
3/12/2015, 01:39 PM
Done deal now. DeMarco reunites with Sam. Chip must have really liked that 2008 offense that he patterned his hurry up after.

cvsooner
3/12/2015, 01:40 PM
Looks like the Eagles are Murray's new team, with 5-year, $42 million deal; $21 million guaranteed. Reportedly Matthews has not/did not sign his deal. Now the Saints are shopping Kenny Stills.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/12/2015, 02:22 PM
They should pick up Gresham cheap

EatLeadCommie
3/12/2015, 02:22 PM
How is the Philly OL?

Sooner in Tampa
3/12/2015, 02:30 PM

The last thing read...Gresham is likely to be a Raider :sour:

Eielson
3/12/2015, 02:32 PM
This is Chip Kelly's way of saying he wants Bob's job.

I'm okay with that.

Eielson
3/12/2015, 02:34 PM

When does Loadholt's contract run up?

I'm sure Philly can get Iggy and Johnson for dirt cheap to replace Maclin and Jackson.

3/12/2015, 02:38 PM
I think the Packers need to sell the team to another town. :pAh, the Bemidji Packers. Has a good ring to it.

aurorasooner
3/12/2015, 03:11 PM
It would be Sammy's luck that the Rams will somehow make it to the conference finals this year, although I doubt they will, and he will get killed in Philly.
Would've liked to see him get another year in St. Louis, stay healthy thru the whole year, and then tell them and the doubters to shove it and come to Denver to take Manning's place. Seems like him and Peyton are both cerebral QBs, so it would probably be a pretty good fit here.
The kid's been snake bit with the injuries though. I think Kelly may be rolling the dice that Sam's luck will change and unlike Foles who didn't apparently have the work ethic to make his system work or maybe the on-the-field cerebral quick uptake and if Sammy doesn't stay healthy, then they'll just scrape by for a year with Dirty Sanchez

cvsooner
3/12/2015, 03:44 PM
ESPN posted this on Twitter:

"Eagles’ projected starting RB 1 month ago LeSean McCoy
1 week ago Frank Gore
1 day ago Ryan Mathews
1 hour ago DeMarco Murray

badger
3/12/2015, 04:19 PM
I think the Packers need to sell the team to another town
I nominate Tulsa. I'd never miss a game :D

This is Chip Kelly's way of saying he wants Bob's job
This is also Chip Kelly saying that he damn well better win this season or everyone is going to point all ten fingers at this offseason and blame him for dispensing Nick Foles and LeSean McCoy for Sam Bradford and DeMarco Murray.

Sam and DeMarco, barring injury, will be in the NFL in 2016-17. Chip Kelly won't be if the Eagles don't make the playoffs*

*or if the Eagles owe him an astronomical amount of money. maybe.

yermom
3/12/2015, 11:07 PM
terrible news this is.

why did they have to go to the NFC East?

soonergirlNeugene
3/13/2015, 12:28 AM
http://i60.tinypic.com/24yr5ed.jpg

Chip Kelly on Murray's deal:

"We got a chance to reach out to him and spend a little time talking to him in the morning and he kind of shared his vision on what he wants and what he's looking for," Kelly said Thursday night. "I think Sam (Bradford) obviously had a big impact on him. Their friendship, their ability to see if they could get back together and play again, they had such a good experience at Oklahoma … I know he was offered more money in other places but I think he really wanted to be a part of what we were doing here.

"Sam's a great friend of mine," Murray said. "He's like a brother to me as well. We've spent some time at Oklahoma; we were roommates there. We played a lot of great games in Norman, so it was a huge influence once I heard that he was getting traded here. He immediately texted me and said, 'Hey, jump on board. Let's go win it.' I'm excited to get back with him. He's a close friend of mine and I'm excited to play with him again.""

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
3/13/2015, 12:09 PM
It would be Sammy's luck that the Rams will somehow make it to the conference finals this year, although I doubt they will, and he will get killed in Philly.
Would've liked to see him get another year in St. Louis, stay healthy thru the whole year, and then tell them and the doubters to shove it and come to Denver to take Manning's place. Seems like him and Peyton are both cerebral QBs, so it would probably be a pretty good fit here.
The kid's been snake bit with the injuries though. I think Kelly may be rolling the dice that Sam's luck will change and unlike Foles who didn't apparently have the work ethic to make his system work or maybe the on-the-field cerebral quick uptake and if Sammy doesn't stay healthy, then they'll just scrape by for a year with Dirty Sanchez

Sam wasn't ever going to do all that well for the Rams. Fisher is all about the QB working the sidelines and that has never been Sam's strength. Kelly is about the QB working the middle of the field and that is where Sam shines. You add Murray and Mathews, 2 guys who can get it done from the shotgun and you have a potent combination.

EatLeadCommie
3/13/2015, 01:11 PM
McFadden to Dallas so I guess AD will be looking elsewhere.

cvsooner
3/13/2015, 01:45 PM
The Vikings, issues and all, really don't want to give up AD. It's all they have.

badger
3/13/2015, 02:05 PM
The Vikings, issues and all, really don't want to give up AD. It's all they have.
Phil Loadholt to the Eagles??????

3/13/2015, 02:42 PM
McFadden to Dallas so I guess AD will be looking elsewhere.The Left, as far as I can tell, hates on Bill Belichick really hard, so, I would like to see AD go to the Pats.

BoulderSooner79
3/13/2015, 03:12 PM
The Left, as far as I can tell, hates on Bill Belichick really hard, so, I would like to see AD go to the Pats.

Er? Been reading political crap again and forgot to context switch?

Pride1Mom
3/16/2015, 10:06 AM
Just shows you how stupid the Dallas Cowboys are. Murray sets all sorts of records for them, and they cut him.....DUMB!

3/16/2015, 10:33 AM
Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
The Left, as far as I can tell, hates on Bill Belichick really hard, so, I would like to see AD go to the Pats.
Er? Been reading political crap again and forgot to context switch?Er, huh?

swardboy
3/16/2015, 11:11 AM
Sam wasn't ever going to do all that well for the Rams. Fisher is all about the QB working the sidelines and that has never been Sam's strength. Kelly is about the QB working the middle of the field and that is where Sam shines. You add Murray and Mathews, 2 guys who can get it done from the shotgun and you have a potent combination.

This brightened my day (even though I saw it three days late). If Kelly can work Murray, Mathews, and Spoles just right, that's all kinds of backfield magic. I only remember the Rams playing an uptempo offensive one series early in Sam's career. Forget the opponent, but I do remember Sam leading the offense quickly downfield to the five yard line, two defensive guys looking at each other, then simultaneously dropping as though injured. NEVER again did the Rams go back to it.

Aries
3/16/2015, 02:08 PM
This brightened my day (even though I saw it three days late). If Kelly can work Murray, Mathews, and Spoles just right, that's all kinds of backfield magic. I only remember the Rams playing an uptempo offensive one series early in Sam's career. Forget the opponent, but I do remember Sam leading the offense quickly downfield to the five yard line, two defensive guys looking at each other, then simultaneously dropping as though injured. NEVER again did the Rams go back to it.

Yeah, I remember that play. Had to google it to remember who it was against. but was the Giants. I think this is the one you mean...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV3K_ML2UsI

swardboy
3/17/2015, 12:25 PM
Exactly. Thanks Aries.

EatLeadCommie
3/18/2015, 08:07 PM
Murray put up a billboard in Dallas to thank the town for its support (after being booed at the MMA event this past weekend)...

http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/DeMarco-Murray-uses-billboard-for-classy-goodbye-to-Dallas-36256016

Curly Bill
3/18/2015, 08:22 PM
I don't blame the Cowboys or Murray. I don't blame the Cowboys because recent history shows you shouldn't pay much for a back that had the workload he had this past season, and I sure as heck don't blame Murray for taking almost twice as much guaranteed money in Philly.

SoonerForLife92
3/19/2015, 01:17 PM
I remember that game well too. As if I needed another reason to hate the Giants. P***ies

3/19/2015, 01:49 PM
I remember that game well too. As if I needed another reason to hate the Giants. P***iesAs long as defenses can get away with faking injuries to slow down the offenses, the hurry-up will only have limited, temporary use, IMHO.

Sooner in Tampa
3/19/2015, 02:08 PM