PDA

View Full Version : Better Call Saul

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/10/2015, 02:45 AM
Well, the long awaited series has come, and several episodes have passed. I like it. It's not as exciting as Breaking Bad, but that's a tough act to follow. we just found out Mike did in the 2 cops who killed his son, in Philly. Saul(Jimmy McGill) just defended him against the 2 detective cops that are investigating Mike in Albuquerque. It will be interesting to see how Mike shakes those 2 detectives.

Of more immediate :concern: is how does he deal with the notebook he stole from the younger detective, and also keep Jimmy out of being an accessory to the pickpocketing of that notebook that Mike did on the detective.

3/10/2015, 01:11 PM
Anybody watching this show?

Jacie
3/10/2015, 07:51 PM
Yes. The episode about Mike's past was sorely needed. Saul/Jimmy (Bob Odenkirk) cannot carry this show alone. I'll stick with it and hope it delivers.

Now the show that hit the ground running and three episodes in is great is Last Man on Earth.

3/11/2015, 12:37 AM
Yes. The episode about Mike's past was sorely needed. Saul/Jimmy (Bob Odenkirk) cannot carry this show alone. I'll stick with it and hope it delivers.

Now the show that hit the ground running and three episodes in is great is Last Man on Earth.You've seen 3 episodes of that?

yermom
3/11/2015, 02:25 AM
i was fully expecting this show to be awful.

it's really good so far though. pleasantly surprised.

Ton Loc
3/11/2015, 08:48 AM
Better Call Saul is great. So is Last Man on Earth but it won't last as long as Saul. I don't know why anyone would have any doubts about Saul. He stole almost every scene he was in during Breaking Bad.

3/11/2015, 11:35 AM
Better Call Saul is great. So is Last Man on Earth but it won't last as long as Saul. I don't know why anyone would have any doubts about Saul. He stole almost every scene he was in during Breaking Bad.WHAT?! (we agree on something!)

Jacie
3/11/2015, 03:40 PM
The issue isn't the actor playing Jimmy/Saul but rather can they build enough of a story around him to make it work, with twists so surprising as to keep us guessing as to what will happen next. And the supporting cast must bring it as well.

We know that at some point Jimmy changes his name to Saul and manages to move out of the back room of the salon to open a real office complete with receptionist. They have seemingly revealed how this is possible with the father's storyline. Since there was no father in Breaking Bad (BB), we can assume the old man dies and that is where J/S gets the money to afford a new place. There is also an opening for him to meet Gus through Tuco.

We were always speculating what this character or that would do in BB, often wrongly, so how are they going to surprise us in BCS?

3/11/2015, 03:49 PM
Elaborate on the father's storyline

Jacie
3/11/2015, 07:17 PM
OK, it's his brother not his father but the law firm where he worked before going bat**** crazy pays him a stipend even though he could cash out for big bucks is what I understand.

3/11/2015, 07:45 PM
OK, it's his brother not his father but the law firm where he worked before going bat**** crazy pays him a stipend even though he could cash out for big bucks is what I understand.you had me worried that I had things on pause, or skipover or some such malfunction.

Ton Loc
3/12/2015, 08:41 AM
WHAT?! (we agree on something!)

Ha! It was bound to happen.

Blue
3/22/2015, 11:10 PM
Great show! Love Bobby Odenkirk. He's great in anything (Mr. Show). Looking forward to more BCS.

Blue
3/24/2015, 12:15 AM
Good episode tonight. Cant wait for this mild mannered lawyer who is trying to do good get pushed over the edge.

3/24/2015, 01:08 AM
I've a feeling things will not go so well for Chuck McGill, in the not so distant future.

SCOUT
3/26/2015, 07:46 PM
I love this show. It is my opinion that they are following a similar trajectory to that of Breaking Bad, but with a twist. What we have is a bad guy who is trying to be good. He starts that process and even helps people. (trying to be vague) His good intentions are met with...not the best results.

Walt tried to do the right thing by his family. Bad things ensued.

James is not going to become Heisenberg, but it does demonstrate how actions/reactions in your life can shape things. And not always for the best.

Blue
3/26/2015, 08:37 PM
I love this show. It is my opinion that they are following a similar trajectory to that of Breaking Bad, but with a twist. What we have is a bad guy who is trying to be good. He starts that process and even helps people. (trying to be vague) His good intentions are met with...not the best results.

Walt tried to do the right thing by his family. Bad things ensued.

James is not going to become Heisenberg, but it does demonstrate how actions/reactions in your life can shape things. And not always for the best.

I actually think James is a good guy but eventually will get tired of seeing no results. That will compel him to little by little let his ethical and moral standards deteriorate.

He's was never that "bad" in breaking bad. He just had no moral compass.

4/1/2015, 02:51 PM
I actually think James is a good guy but eventually will get tired of seeing no results. That will compel him to little by little let his ethical and moral standards deteriorate.

He's was never that "bad" in breaking bad. He just had no moral compass.3-31-15 show...WOW! Chuck shows his bad side! Chuck is/was convinced that Jimmy couldn't or wouldn't change to be honorable, but more important than all was that Chuck got a law degree from an acceptable law school, and Jimmy did not. Also, Chuck snuck behind his own brother's back to prevent him from joining the firm, and wasn't straightforward with Jimmy. Chuck is a kind of person who contributes to the negative image of the legal profession.

Boomer.....
4/1/2015, 03:14 PM
Queue the transformation from Jimmy to Saul.

4/1/2015, 03:27 PM
Queue the transformation from Jimmy to Saul.Yes, and it will be interesting to see what happens with Chuck...or, maybe they will just drop that subject?

Blue
4/1/2015, 08:46 PM
That episode kicked balls.

stand by the fact Jimmy isn't a bad guy. Just doing what he feels he has to to make it. Absent a compass.

yermom
4/2/2015, 04:03 AM
nothing about Mike?

that dude is hard.

SicEmBaylor
4/2/2015, 05:56 AM
In Breaking Bad, Saul told Walt that his named used to be Jimmy McGill but he changed it because people are more likely to trust a Jewish lawyer. It looks like that excuse isn't going to be true.

4/2/2015, 10:59 AM
In Breaking Bad, Saul told Walt that his named used to be Jimmy McGill but he changed it because people are more likely to trust a Jewish lawyer. It looks like that excuse isn't going to be true.Pls elaborate

SicEmBaylor
4/2/2015, 11:34 AM
Pls elaborate

Elaborate on which part? The part where I said his excuse from Breaking Bad looks like it's going to be a lie? I say that because I assume he changes his name to disassociate himself from his brother...

4/2/2015, 11:50 AM
Elaborate on which part? The part where I said his excuse from Breaking Bad looks like it's going to be a lie? I say that because I assume he changes his name to disassociate himself from his brother...I was focusing on your mentioning it might not be wise to think Jewish lawyers are so trustworthy.

SicEmBaylor
4/2/2015, 12:24 PM
I was focusing on your mentioning it might not be wise to think Jewish lawyers are so trustworthy.

Jesus Christ, Rush...
No. No, that's not what I said at all. Saul said, in a conversation with Walt on a Breaking Bad Episode, that he changed his name from an Irish name to a Jewish name because he thought a Jewish attorney sounded more trustworthy.

4/2/2015, 12:48 PM
Jesus Christ, Rush...
No. No, that's not what I said at all. Saul said, in a conversation with Walt on a Breaking Bad Episode, that he changed his name from an Irish name to a Jewish name because he thought a Jewish attorney sounded more trustworthy.Wasn't arguing with that. Wasn't arguing at all.

SicEmBaylor
4/2/2015, 06:20 PM
Wasn't arguing with that. Wasn't arguing at all.

I actually looked it up. What he actually said was, "My real name's McGill. The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys. They all want a pipe-hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."

4/3/2015, 12:50 PM
I actually looked it up. What he actually said was, "My real name's McGill. The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys. They all want a pipe-hitting member of the tribe, so to speak."Okay,Tiger

Blue
4/3/2015, 09:08 PM
That episode kicked balls.

stand by the fact Jimmy isn't a bad guy. Just doing what he feels he has to to make it. Absent a compass.

And present quite a few people who won't give him a break no matter what he does.

4/7/2015, 01:45 AM
Jimmy doesn't appear very interested in the new law firm that Kim told him about. Seems surprising. Also was surprised to see/hear Jimmy tell Mike that he's(Jimmy's)prepared to not be as honest moving forward. Looks like Jimmy is about to become Saul.

Blue
4/10/2015, 07:59 PM
Finale was somewhat slow but great show and I look forward to season 2.