PDA

View Full Version : University of California Student Group bans American Flag from Lobby

okie52
3/7/2015, 05:34 PM
University of Calif. Student Group Bans American Flag From Lobby
Saturday, 07 Mar 2015 03:54 PM

The student government at University of California, Irvine has voted to ban display of the American flag — or any flag — from its lobby.

A resolution that was narrowly approved by the legislative council of the campus' Associated Students calls bans all flags from the common lobby area of student government offices, according to the Orange County Register. It prompted removal of the American flag from a lobby wall.

The student council approved the resolution on a 6-4 vote Thursday, with two abstentions. The executive cabinet was expected to consider a veto on Saturday.

The resolution authored by student Matthew Guevara of the university's social ecology school lists 25 reasons for the ban, saying that the American flag has been flown in times of "colonialism and imperialism" and could symbolize American "exceptionalism and superiority." The resolution says "freedom of speech, in a space that aims to be as inclusive as possible, can be interpreted as hate speech."

The American flag had hung on a wall in the student government suite. A few weeks ago, someone removed the flag and put it on the desk of Reza Zomorrodian, the Associated Students' president, with an anonymous note saying it shouldn't be in the lobby.

The executive members decided to put up the flag again. Then the resolution was brought to the council.

Zomorrodian, an opponent of the ban, said the American flag was "an iconic and symbolic representation of our values in the U.S."

On Friday, state Sen. Janet Nguyen, R-Santa Ana, said she and other legislators may introduce a state constitutional amendment to prohibit "state-funded universities and college campuses from banning the United States flag."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/campus-flag-ban-california/2015/03/07/id/628841/#ixzz3Tk2MWhP2

Stinkin imperiliastic pigs!!!

okie52
3/7/2015, 05:37 PM
Che Guevara's wannabe offspring, no doubt.

rock on sooner
3/7/2015, 07:51 PM
Where's the wood shed?..this "boy" needs to visit it. I have some
news for him....I have a flag in my closet in a sealed bag that flew
outside my home 24/7 from the day after the towers fell until the
morning after Seal Team Six did us proud. I intend to will it to
my grandkids. For some little punk to make some sort of statement...
using Lady Liberty...I have an issue with that!...Dayum!...so much of
our precious treasure since has been lost.....OH MY, the 1st Amendment..

Blue
3/7/2015, 08:03 PM
Our country is gone.

"It was a nice run...had to end sometime"

Gotta love our liberal brothers...until we don't.

SicEmBaylor
3/8/2015, 11:01 PM
Che Guevara's wannabe offspring, no doubt.

I'm a pretty reasonable non-confrontational and non-violent sort of guy, but I would like to throat punch everyone I see wearing a Che shirt with a 9 iron. God, I f'n hate communists. I'd like to see them all swinging from lamp posts.

SicEmBaylor
3/8/2015, 11:03 PM
Our country is gone.

"It was a nice run...had to end sometime"

Gotta love our liberal brothers...until we don't.

Its been in its death bed for a very long time.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/9/2015, 09:35 AM
Sad, I am alive to see this great country end... Didn't think it would happen.

champions77
3/9/2015, 02:23 PM
Take down the American Flag in the lobby, stage a protest march waving the Mexican Flag in our faces, some Cali High Schools not allowing students to wear tee shirts with American flags on them because it causes too much unrest and is too divisive, they disrespect our borders knowing it is against our laws, and people wonder why conservatives are so outraged at what this idiot Prez does?
The thousands of Americans that have died defending that very flag, where it is draped over their caskets before they are laid to rest, and they have a problem with it being displayed on campus?
Blame 100% of this crap on left wing, politically correct simpletons that have take over academia, and want the country to think and act like them. Ask 8 if he has a problem with this. I'm sure he's good with it all.

Soonerjeepman
3/9/2015, 02:45 PM
Where's the wood shed?..this "boy" needs to visit it. I have some
news for him....I have a flag in my closet in a sealed bag that flew
outside my home 24/7 from the day after the towers fell until the
morning after Seal Team Six did us proud. I intend to will it to
my grandkids. For some little punk to make some sort of statement...
using Lady Liberty...I have an issue with that!...Dayum!...so much of
our precious treasure since has been lost.....OH MY, the 1st Amendment..

you sound like a "right winger"....better be careful! lol

Soonerjeepman
3/9/2015, 02:47 PM
It's sad...that this country is protecting everyone's individual rights...but that majority. The "good news" is that SOMEDAY our rights SHOULD be protected...SHOULD...how ironic. The liberals just keep pushing this crap...and folks like 8th are perfectly fine with it...

SicEmBaylor
3/9/2015, 03:01 PM
I don't have the same nationalistic hyper-patriotic view of the American flag that some of you have. I don't buy into this narrative that removing the flag is some horrible national crime and tantamount to the death of the Republic (which died a long time ago); however, what I find insulting in this case, is their justification for removing the flag. It's such a disgusting and nauseating politically correct action to take that I find it absolutely infuriating.

champions77
3/9/2015, 03:16 PM
I don't have the same nationalistic hyper-patriotic view of the American flag that some of you have. I don't buy into this narrative that removing the flag is some horrible national crime and tantamount to the death of the Republic (which died a long time ago); however, what I find insulting in this case, is their justification for removing the flag. It's such a disgusting and nauseating politically correct action to take that I find it absolutely infuriating.

This kind of things gives credence to those that believe that the type of rampant immigration that we are seeing now is an attack on our sovereignty. That different cultures have assimilated into the American culture in the past, all proud Americans to the person. What we have today is a whole different type of American. Ones that do not take pride in being "American", and want to diminish or remove any symbol of our great Nation. I can't see how anything good can come from this. It will cause even more of our country to be divided.

SicEmBaylor
3/9/2015, 03:23 PM
This kind of things gives credence to those that believe that the type of rampant immigration that we are seeing now is an attack on our sovereignty. That different cultures have assimilated into the American culture in the past, all proud Americans to the person. What we have today is a whole different type of American. Ones that do not take pride in being "American", and want to diminish or remove any symbol of our great Nation. I can't see how anything good can come from this. It will cause even more of our country to be divided.

I absolutely agree.

Sooner8th
3/9/2015, 04:20 PM
It's sad...that this country is protecting everyone's individual rights...but that majority. The "good news" is that SOMEDAY our rights SHOULD be protected...SHOULD...how ironic. The liberals just keep pushing this crap...and folks like 8th are perfectly fine with it...Just making sh!t up again.

champions77
3/10/2015, 09:42 AM
Just making sh!t up again.

Nice response. Seriously, this Anti-American BS is a product of the Left. How many times have we heard your hero mention how bad a Nation we have been and we still have so many issues? He does this here and abroad continually. So some start to dislike the American Flag?
He continually legitimizes these lawbreakers, and emboldens them with his rhetoric on how we as a nation disrespect them, always politicizing every situation that he can. Never bothering to differentiate the difference between legal immigration and illegal immigration. They are quite different, and are approached differently by most Americans. It's the left that has it wrong, really wrong.
So is it really any great surprise that we see these leftists goofs pulling this stunt, in California, the epicenter of leftist dogma?
So tell us again where you stand with these people, removing the flag from the lobby of UC Irvine?

Sooner8th
3/10/2015, 11:09 AM
Nice response. Seriously, this Anti-American BS is a product of the Left. How many times have we heard your hero mention how bad a Nation we have been and we still have so many issues? He does this here and abroad continually. So some start to dislike the American Flag?He continually legitimizes these lawbreakers, and emboldens them with his rhetoric on how we as a nation disrespect them, always politicizing every situation that he can. Never bothering to differentiate the difference between legal immigration and illegal immigration. They are quite different, and are approached differently by most Americans. It's the left that has it wrong, really wrong.So is it really any great surprise that we see these leftists goofs pulling this stunt, in California, the epicenter of leftist dogma?So tell us again where you stand with these people, removing the flag from the lobby of UC Irvine?What part of he was just making sh!t up about me do you not understand? Did you read what actually happened or just the rightwingnut version of it? Are you even aware it was ALL flags not just the American flag that was banned? I know, I know the American flag was the only one hanging, but still lets be accurate about what was passed. Did you see where "student leaders vetoed the resolution"? http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/03/08/uc-irvine-students-just-banned-the-american-flag-on-campus-for-a-little-while-anyway/ This was one dumbass kid and six other dumbasses voting for it. Is that clear or do I need to expand on it? Tell me EXACTLY what obama said many times how bad a Nation we are. Your party is always talking about the issues we have in our country. These people? Since he has an Hispanic name you assume he is illegal? I cannot find anywhere that says he is. Is a flag the symbol of your patriotism and love of country? If so, I have three American flags. One old worn out faded one that I need to have properly destroyed, it is folded up in my closet. One nice stitched flag for most of the time and a Betsy Ross flag I fly on the fourth of july. You never have told me what you do for a living.

BigTip
3/10/2015, 11:32 AM
Did you see the news?
The president of that university just disbanded the student government organization, and kicked all the students out of their dorm rooms.

Soonerjeepman
3/10/2015, 11:57 AM
Rock,
I was just messin with ya! ;-)

Sooner in Tampa
3/10/2015, 12:13 PM
Well, since the school gets money from the AMERICAN govt...they had better get this $hit under control! Fvcking academia is screwing this country at every turn...

okie52
3/10/2015, 12:38 PM
Did you see the news?
The president of that university just disbanded the student government organization, and kicked all the students out of their dorm rooms.

Heh heh...

okie52
3/10/2015, 12:44 PM
From another board.

http://i.imgur.com/MfCl3aSl.jpg (http://imgur.com/MfCl3aS)

rock on sooner
3/10/2015, 12:54 PM
Rock,
I was just messin with ya! ;-)

Yup, I know...:friendly_wink:

SicEmBaylor
3/10/2015, 01:38 PM
Well, since the school gets money from the AMERICAN govt...they had better get this $hit under control! Fvcking academia is screwing this country at every turn...

Yeah! Fvck education! Goooo ignorance!!!!

Sooner in Tampa
3/10/2015, 01:53 PM
Yeah! Fvck education! Goooo ignorance!!!!

Don't be petulant! Academia is out of control in the crap they are teaching our children...and Common Core is the first example!!!

SicEmBaylor
3/10/2015, 02:32 PM
Don't be petulant! Academia is out of control in the crap they are teaching our children...and Common Core is the first example!!!

Yes, but Common Core is a k-12 system. I thought we were talking higher education here. In any case, I'm absolutely in favor of abolishing public education if we're going to go there.

REDREX
3/10/2015, 02:44 PM
Yes, but Common Core is a k-12 system. I thought we were talking higher education here. In any case, I'm absolutely in favor of abolishing public education if we're going to go there.---I like you more all the time

Sooner8th
3/10/2015, 02:48 PM
Yes, but Common Core is a k-12 system. I thought we were talking higher education here. In any case, I'm absolutely in favor of abolishing public education if we're going to go there.So what do you want to replaced with?

SicEmBaylor
3/10/2015, 02:56 PM
So what do you want to replaced with?

Fully privatized education. Like everything else, there's nothing government does that the private sector can't do better. Government is a leviathan that needs to be slaughtered and killed.

A competitive education market would drive those tuition costs down, and the resulting taxpayer savings would allow families to turn those taxes into tuition payments. I would even go so far as to accept both tax-free/mandatory education savings accounts. Of course, there are going to be some very low-income families whose tax savings still will not match tuition fees; however, subsidized tuition grants (so long as there are absolutely no-strings attached) are a possibility not to mention the fact that it's difficult to imagine circumstances in which scholarships would fail to be offered. There's also the home school option.

At the end of the day, the important thing for me is to remove government from education to as great a degree as possible. A stop gap, or more palatable solution, is a combination of charter schools and vouchers. That's only a half-measure, but it's likely more reasonable to *most* people. I understand your commitment to education, and I think a commitment to education is both wonderful and worthy of respect; however, I think there's a fundamental difference between being committed to education and being committed to *public* education.

REDREX
3/10/2015, 03:02 PM
Well said

olevetonahill
3/10/2015, 03:06 PM
Screw Yall that dont Respect the Flag and what it stands for.
Im not a big fan of most of those in the decision making process. But I respect what she stands for and those who stand and defend her.

http://www.987theriver.com/onair/mark-51013/did-you-know-delta-airlines-did-13387191/

SicEmBaylor
3/10/2015, 03:13 PM
Screw Yall that dont Respect the Flag and what it stands for.
Im not a big fan of most of those in the decision making process. But I respect what she stands for and those who stand and defend her.

http://www.987theriver.com/onair/mark-51013/did-you-know-delta-airlines-did-13387191/

This is the right attitude.

champions77
3/10/2015, 04:08 PM
What part of he was just making sh!t up about me do you not understand? Did you read what actually happened or just the rightwingnut version of it? Are you even aware it was ALL flags not just the American flag that was banned? I know, I know the American flag was the only one hanging, but still lets be accurate about what was passed. Did you see where "student leaders vetoed the resolution"? http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/03/08/uc-irvine-students-just-banned-the-american-flag-on-campus-for-a-little-while-anyway/ This was one dumbass kid and six other dumbasses voting for it. Is that clear or do I need to expand on it? Tell me EXACTLY what obama said many times how bad a Nation we are. Your party is always talking about the issues we have in our country. These people? Since he has an Hispanic name you assume he is illegal? I cannot find anywhere that says he is. Is a flag the symbol of your patriotism and love of country? If so, I have three American flags. One old worn out faded one that I need to have properly destroyed, it is folded up in my closet. One nice stitched flag for most of the time and a Betsy Ross flag I fly on the fourth of july. You never have told me what you do for a living.

Key here is "the American flag was the only one hanging" These leftist goons would gladly sacrifice the others to remove the one that was displayed.
Why do you act so clueless when someone states something about your hero that you know is true? Your hero has invested countless hours criticizing this country, I guess to give him an excuse to "Fundamentally change it".

I never told you what I do for a living? Yes I did. Go back and R-E-A-D. Now besides working for a Private company, you've never divulged what in fact you do? Since you work for someone else, assuming you don't possess an equity interest in the company, I along with others here are curious as what exactly you do?

Lastly, is there any area of the Obama Presidency that you find objectionable? I don't read every post on here you make, but I think I'm safe to state that you seem to approve of everything he does. If not, please enlighten us and tell us where your hero has gotten it wrong?

Sooner8th
3/10/2015, 05:09 PM
Key here is "the American flag was the only one hanging" These leftist goons would gladly sacrifice the others to remove the one that was displayed.Why do you act so clueless when someone states something about your hero that you know is true? Your hero has invested countless hours criticizing this country, I guess to give him an excuse to "Fundamentally change it". I never told you what I do for a living? Yes I did. Go back and R-E-A-D. Now besides working for a Private company, you've never divulged what in fact you do? Since you work for someone else, assuming you don't possess an equity interest in the company, I along with others here are curious as what exactly you do? Lastly, is there any area of the Obama Presidency that you find objectionable? I don't read every post on here you make, but I think I'm safe to state that you seem to approve of everything he does. If not, please enlighten us and tell us where your hero has gotten it wrong?Leftist goons? Laughable, just a couple of dumbass kids. I know it's true? So it is common knowledge that " has invested countless hours criticizing this country"? Is that is true it should be easy for you to show me example after example of it, yet you show none. If you told me, I missed, please post it again. I have divulged what I do. No, I cannot - it is a privately held company. I have stated before what I do - and people on here who do the same thing tried to mock me for it - it was laughable. I have not seen you disagree with anything the people you vote for have done - so I assume you approve of everything they do. I have listed before what I disagree with him on.

Sooner in Tampa
3/11/2015, 07:39 AM
^^^^^^^^^ Troll ^^^^^^^^^^^

Lying, stinking, no paragraph writing, worthless POS troll. Proven liar. Copy and paste plagiarist thief. Lowlife, ignorant scum.

Sooner8th
3/11/2015, 07:56 AM
^^^^^^^^^ Troll ^^^^^^^^^^^ Lying, stinking, no paragraph writing, worthless POS troll. Proven liar. Copy and paste plagiarist thief. Lowlife, ignorant scum.Ignorant loser tyler durden lemming.

Sooner in Tampa
3/11/2015, 08:10 AM

Lying, stinking, no paragraph writing, worthless POS troll. Proven liar. Copy and paste plagiarist thief. Lowlife, ignorant scum.

8th...go post in the Oblamer is clueless thread so I can hit you with this again>>>HAHAHA...ya rube!!!

Sooner8th
3/11/2015, 08:40 AM
^^^^^^^^^ Troll ^^^^^^^^^^^ Lying, stinking, no paragraph writing, worthless POS troll. Proven liar. Copy and paste plagiarist thief. Lowlife, ignorant scum.8th...go post in the Oblamer is clueless thread so I can hit you with this again>>>HAHAHA...ya rube!!!Ignorant loser tyler durden piece of ****.

okie52
3/11/2015, 09:30 AM
Leftist goons? Laughable, just a couple of dumbass kids. I know it's true? So it is common knowledge that " has invested countless hours criticizing this country"? Is that is true it should be easy for you to show me example after example of it, yet you show none. If you told me, I missed, please post it again. I have divulged what I do. No, I cannot - it is a privately held company. I have stated before what I do - and people on here who do the same thing tried to mock me for it - it was laughable. I have not seen you disagree with anything the people you vote for have done - so I assume you approve of everything they do. I have listed before what I disagree with him on.

So you want 77 to repeat himself about his job but you don't want to have to repeat yourself, 8th?

Sooner8th
3/11/2015, 12:13 PM
So you want 77 to repeat himself about his job but you don't want to have to repeat yourself, 8th?I said I have a private sector job. I missed what he said. When 77 tells me what he does for a living - so will I.

Sooner in Tampa
3/11/2015, 12:25 PM

Sooner in Tampa
3/11/2015, 12:27 PM
So you want 77 to repeat himself about his job but you don't want to have to repeat yourself, 8th?

We already know that 8th is a fluffer.

Sooner8th
3/11/2015, 12:28 PM
We already know that 8th is a fluffer.And we already know you are a loser.............

Sooner8th
3/11/2015, 12:36 PM
We already know that 8th is a fluffer.Fluffler huh? What is it with you people and your latent homosexuality? Always thinking and talking about men having oral sex with other men. Does you wife know about your latent homosexuality?

Sooner in Tampa
3/11/2015, 02:10 PM

Turd_Ferguson
3/11/2015, 02:41 PM
Fluffler huh? What is it with you people and your latent homosexuality? Always thinking and talking about men having oral sex with other men. Does you wife know about your latent homosexuality?

You can also be a fluffer for females...but I see where you mind was. Sick lemming ****!

Sooner8th
3/11/2015, 05:10 PM
You can also be a fluffer for females...but I see where you mind was. Sick lemming ****!This shows how really fvcking stupid you are. Females don't have fluffers. dumbass

Sooner in Tampa
3/12/2015, 07:03 AM

Sooner8th
3/12/2015, 01:19 PM
^^^^^^^^^ Troll ^^^^^^^^^^^ Lying, stinking, no paragraph writing, worthless POS troll. Proven liar. Copy and paste plagiarist thief. Lowlife, ignorant scum.tyler durden loser piece of sh!t.

Sooner in Tampa
3/13/2015, 07:13 AM

REDREX
3/13/2015, 06:14 PM
Hard to believe these idiots said the flag was a form of hate speech

olevetonahill
3/13/2015, 07:31 PM
Hard to believe these idiots said the flag was a form of hate speech

Check out what the Young punks are doing NOW

Students and faculty at UC Irvine are beginning to push back against the angry condemnation of six university students who created a national stir last week when they voted to remove the U.S. flag from a lounge.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-flag-ban-vote-uci-20150312-story.html

Turd_Ferguson
3/13/2015, 08:32 PM
Check out what the Young punks are doing NOW

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-flag-ban-vote-uci-20150312-story.html

I'd like to see underneath Mary Beth McDade's paints...

olevetonahill
3/13/2015, 09:33 PM
I'd like to see underneath Mary Beth McDade's paints...

Hell I wanta see underneath Yer paints :drunk:

Turd_Ferguson
3/13/2015, 09:41 PM
Hell I wanta see underneath Yer paints :drunk:

Bring Natty and OVJ...

olevetonahill
3/13/2015, 09:49 PM
Bring Natty and OVJ...

OK can do !