PDA

View Full Version : OU v ku

birddog
3/7/2015, 05:12 PM
Fine. I'll do it. We're up 2 at the half.

SoonerorLater
3/7/2015, 05:21 PM
I guess we've decided to go with a rebounding optional defense.

flysooner9
3/7/2015, 05:38 PM
Will be bad if we lose to a short handed team that has nothing to play for and at home.

Eielson
3/7/2015, 06:04 PM
Say what you want about being "short-handed," but the guy who got the minutes Alexander and Ellis would have gotten is 6-8 with 13 points and 12 rebounds. This is still a great team we're going against.

Eielson
3/7/2015, 06:15 PM
Buddyyyyyyyy...

just hold the ball!!

Eielson
3/7/2015, 06:21 PM
COUSSSSINNSSSS....

why did you foul!!!!!

....wait, he didn't foul. Terrible call.

birddog
3/7/2015, 06:23 PM
Yeah, a ku friendly call. VERY unusual.

Eielson
3/7/2015, 06:24 PM
**** YEAH!!!!

birddog
3/7/2015, 06:28 PM
Good times.

Eielson
3/7/2015, 06:34 PM
ESPN and Kansas can make all the excuses they want, but we just beat Kansas, and are headed into the Big XII tournament with the #2 seed for the second straight year...and we're only getting better. Now go prove you can win a postseason game, Lon!

Blue
3/7/2015, 06:50 PM
Great win. You'd think we lost reading that other board. Those sooners over there are an embarrassment. Crybaby children.

I like this team and Im seeing an Elite 8 in our future.

Sooner95
3/7/2015, 07:03 PM
Had my son's tourney today so missed this whole game.

Just watched the highlights. WOW, what a finish!!

aurorasooner
3/7/2015, 07:12 PM
Not a good game shooting for Buddy. He was only 6-20 from the field and only 2-7 from outside the arc, but the last put back was gold. Strange game.
I think that the refs were trying to give KU every chance possible to pull the game out at the end from that 3 point shot foul, which was debatable to say the least, to them reviewing the clock at the end, which when then found out the put back was before the clock expired, their only other option was to put a few tenths back on the clock. About the only other thing they could've done was T us up for excessive celebration at the end, which would've probably incited a riot.

BTW OU/WVA wimmen's game is on Root Sports for our fans out west.

Mookie91
3/7/2015, 08:20 PM
A win is always better than a loss and KU's extras played solid today. Just don't what it is about this team but I have no confidence in there NCAA chances

Blue
3/7/2015, 08:27 PM
A win is always better than a loss and KU's extras played solid today. Just don't what it is about this team but I have no confidence in there NCAA chances

What a surprise, Mookie...lol.

Ever try landthieves. com? You'd be in heaven. ;)

Mookie91
3/7/2015, 09:26 PM
What a surprise, Mookie...lol.

Ever try landthieves. com? You'd be in heaven. ;)

I guess it's the jumper at all cost mentality

Blue
3/7/2015, 09:31 PM
I guess it's the jumper at all cost mentality

Oh believe me, if we're cold we're done. I just like the fight and talent we have. I'm hoping the metal toughness will be there after the games we've had this year. And we don't run into a 3-point barage type team that would kill us again.

Blue
3/7/2015, 10:01 PM
And by the way, Mookie...you might end up being the voice of reason in a forum full of sunshine pumpers. I just can't be too negative when OU has a decent team. I don't expect much but when they're decent I'm gonna root them on.

Thanks for your insight and any activity on this forum is welcome, imo.

Soonerjeepman
3/8/2015, 09:54 AM
well...it's a win. ku may be short handed, but there #8,9,10 guys would start on most D1 teams.

I was texting a ku friend....

First text from him..when OU was up about 14-6?
"we suck"
I reply, no, you are #9 in the country...
"# 109 maybe"
ku makes a run...."boom"...then starts talking about fouls..says Booker should have 6 (and he's serious)
I finally quit texting him and told him to enjoy the game. I did tell him the officials have been horrible ALL season. We've gotten calls just like everyone else...I'd say ku has been the beneficiary of many calls.

Seems a lot of ku fans are pretty delusional.

I didn't see the foul on the 3, I was driving to pick the GF up...but the ku announcers were ecstatic. AND they also complained about the inconsistency of the officials, BUT said ku had been the beneficiary of the no calls, physical play.

Salt City Sooner
3/8/2015, 05:35 PM
well...it's a win. ku may be short handed, but there #8,9,10 guys would start on most D1 teams.

I was texting a ku friend....

First text from him..when OU was up about 14-6?
"we suck"
I reply, no, you are #9 in the country...
"# 109 maybe"
ku makes a run...."boom"...then starts talking about fouls..says Booker should have 6 (and he's serious)
I finally quit texting him and told him to enjoy the game. I did tell him the officials have been horrible ALL season. We've gotten calls just like everyone else...I'd say ku has been the beneficiary of many calls.

Seems a lot of ku fans are pretty delusional.

I didn't see the foul on the 3, I was driving to pick the GF up...but the ku announcers were ecstatic. AND they also complained about the inconsistency of the officials, BUT said ku had been the beneficiary of the no calls, physical play.
Then you didn't miss anything there, because there wasn't one unless there's now a foul for illegal breathing.

The hypocrisy on Phog is flat out delicious. They're crying to the hills over Woodard traveling on the GW drive & totally blowing off the fact that he got fouled prior to that ten times harder than anything Cousins did on the 3 ball foul. I've caught carp that flopped less than Mason did on that play.

Temujin
3/9/2015, 12:38 PM
Then you didn't miss anything there, because there wasn't one unless there's now a foul for illegal breathing.

The hypocrisy on Phog is flat out delicious. They're crying to the hills over Woodard traveling on the GW drive & totally blowing off the fact that he got fouled prior to that ten times harder than anything Cousins did on the 3 ball foul. I've caught carp that flopped less than Mason did on that play.

I was saying the same thing. Two KU players fouled Woodard on the way to the basket. That and Landen Lucas should have fouled out with 10 minutes left in the first half. I've never seen a guy get away with more pushing and shoving underneath the basket and in the post. For much of the game it looked like Spangler was giving him a piggy-back ride.

badger
3/9/2015, 12:49 PM
I gotta say... OU set a wonderful precedent that will save student sections from themselves during big wins in the future:

The team rushes the students; the students don't rush the court.

Perfect, isn't it?

Also, awesome win. Way to seal Big 12 Player of the Year, Buddy :D

Soonerjeepman
3/9/2015, 02:51 PM
I was saying the same thing. Two KU players fouled Woodard on the way to the basket. That and Landen Lucas should have fouled out with 10 minutes left in the first half. I've never seen a guy get away with more pushing and shoving underneath the basket and in the post. For much of the game it looked like Spangler was giving him a piggy-back ride.

ya wonder how Thomas's head ran into Buddy's chin...? Which it then split open...how about the complete push in the back by the ku guy.

That's what irks me about ku fans. Unbelievably blind. I watched both UT and WV drive the bucket late and get hammered by ku...no foul. Their guy drives and BARELY gets touched...foul. To either win or seal the game...with under 5 seconds.

Just ADMIT ya get the calls...they are too arrogant to do that.

Mookie91
3/10/2015, 06:50 PM
And by the way, Mookie...you might end up being the voice of reason in a forum full of sunshine pumpers. I just can't be too negative when OU has a decent team. I don't expect much but when they're decent I'm gonna root them on.

Thanks for your insight and any activity on this forum is welcome, imo.

Thanks Blue.

I REALLY hope they surprise me. The talent is there and they could make a run.

Soonerjeepman
3/10/2015, 08:21 PM
Big 12 - I think we can beat osu again...I'd rather play ut, just cause isu will bring a ton of fans...

NCAA - I just don't see the team getting out of the first full weekend. I think they can win game 1, but winning the 2nd....who knows. They are so jekyl and hyde...it's frustrating.

Mookie91
3/10/2015, 08:58 PM
Big 12 - I think we can beat osu again...I'd rather play ut, just cause isu will bring a ton of fans...

NCAA - I just don't see the team getting out of the first full weekend. I think they can win game 1, but winning the 2nd....who knows. They are so jekyl and hyde...it's frustrating.

I can see Elite 8 or 1st round upset.

badger
3/11/2015, 09:26 AM
OSU really, really needs to win Thursday to avoid Dayton, which worries me.

I really think the Pokes are in the tournament win or lose, which hopefully will mean the team is too lazy to show up against us... BUT... they've won one game in the past 30 or so days (at home vs TCU on Senior Night) and the argument could be made that they are a bubble team that can get be this year's SMU --- left watching at the Selection Sunday watch party :stunned:

Temujin
3/11/2015, 11:21 AM
ya wonder how Thomas's head ran into Buddy's chin...? Which it then split open...how about the complete push in the back by the ku guy.

That's what irks me about ku fans. Unbelievably blind. I watched both UT and WV drive the bucket late and get hammered by ku...no foul. Their guy drives and BARELY gets touched...foul. To either win or seal the game...with under 5 seconds.

Just ADMIT ya get the calls...they are too arrogant to do that.

Yep, that was Landen Lucas. Kid was shoving people under the basket all night. He also pushed Spangler out of bounds which was, of course, not called as a foul.

The thing is, I like KU mostly. I grew up with a lot of family that are huge KU fans. But I do get tired of them getting away with a lot of illegal stuff.