PDA

View Full Version : Jeb dodges CPAC

okie52
2/26/2015, 04:00 PM
Jeb Bush Skips CPAC Speech in Favor of Q&A With Sean Hannity

Thursday, 26 Feb 2015 08:31 AM
By Drew MacKenzie

In a calculated bid to make his case as the GOP's next presidential nominee, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush faces a grilling from Fox News host Sean Hannity at the Conservative Political Action Conference this week.

Bush has opted to field tough questions from Hannity at CPAC rather than taking his chances with the traditional speech in front of a potentially hostile audience at the annual forum, as he gambles that it will give him a better shot at explaining his views on conservative issues, according to Politico.

"His brand of moderate conservatism is an awkward fit with CPAC's ideologically strident audience," wrote the website's Alex Isenstadt. "His political lineage is a sore spot for many attendees, particularly the younger and more libertarian-oriented."

Isenstadt added: "Then there's Bush immigration reform efforts and support for Common Core education standards: Both are deal-breakers."

Bush has angered conservatives with his support of immigration reform and the Common Core State Standards Initiative, both of which could hurt his presidential chances.

Grover Norquist, an anti-tax advocate who is set to speak at CPAC in Maryland's National Harbor, said, "he needs to talk in a way that shows he understands this is a different Republican Party. That's what I think his challenge is. Somehow he's got to show that he's up to speed."

Norquist was referring to the fact Bush has not served in public office since 2007, and therefore, unlike other possible Republican contenders for the 2016 nomination, cannot prove his "conservative credentials" with his recent political policies.

"It's more of a challenge to lay out an agenda because he's been out of office longer than others," said Tim Phillips, the president of Americans for Prosperity, a leading conservative group largely funded by the billionaire donors Charles and David Koch.

Bush will have a 20-minute question and answer session with Hannity, a prominent conservative who has interviewed Bush several times on his television show, Politico reported.

Al Cardenas, a Bush adviser and a former chairman of the American Conservative Union, the organization that sponsors CPAC, told the political news website that Bush planned to "speak from the heart," adding, "He chose a format purposely that allows all the audience to spend the most time with him."

Most other White House hopefuls, including Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, will give speeches lasting 14 minutes, followed by question-and- answer sessions of six minutes, Politico said.

"Bush's CPAC strategy isn't without risks," wrote Isenstadt. "In not giving a speech in a high-profile conservative arena, he is ceding the stage to other candidates whose addresses will be crafted for the purpose of exciting the CPAC faithful.

"Increasingly viewed as the front-runner thanks to his prolific fundraising and high name ID, Bush may even find himself under attack from his potential rivals.

"While his opponents are unlikely to call out the former governor by name, their advisers say, they plan to highlight their strident opposition to Common Core."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/jeb-bush-sean-hannity-cpac-conservatives/2015/02/26/id/626990/#ixzz3SssvCy4k

The pub establishment wants jeb bad. We'll see if Hannity tosses him some softballs. Jeb has already indicated that he will likely skip Iowa too (too hostile).

rock on sooner
2/26/2015, 05:15 PM
The hostility in Iowa comes from the evangelical right. This bunch is quite
vocal...its leader, a guy named Vander Platz, leads the movement against
same sex marriage. The Iowa Supreme Court ruled unanimously that same
sex marriage was/is legal. Vander Platz, with seed money from Gingrich,
campaigned against retention of three of the judges (all were turned out of
office, in and off itself a crime, all over a single issue). He is now pushing
to get the issue on a ballot for a general referendum, which would only be
overturned by SCOTUS. I point all this out because this group literally forces
Pub candidates so far to the right that when they leave Iowa for NH they are
damaged beyond repair. Bush may be onto something, but he should remember
Hizzoner Giuliana and his screw up (skipped Iowa altogether).

okie52
2/26/2015, 05:34 PM
Interesting about the far right in Iowa which doesn't seem to hold up in the prez general election. Jeb is going to have trouble with the pub base in many places as long as he pushes for amnesty and common core. But the pub establishment wants him and he will have big backers so he's not likely to go away...I wish he would though.

rock on sooner
2/26/2015, 09:36 PM
Ya know, Okie, EVERY Pub that has come out of Iowa since I've been here,
(Umm, lessee, I moved here in 1989) has had this problem...25 years...
and it won't change...this bunch reelects Steve King, is in LOVE with Grassley
and has made Branstad (Teflon reincarnated) the longest serving governor
in US history. There is a group that tries to overcome it but at their "right"
time, outside money and one or two zealots always seem to appear and keep
doing their thing....always the same bunch..grumpy old white men and those
that sleep with them (think Iowa is the 2nd oldest state in the Union)...

SicEmBaylor
2/26/2015, 10:29 PM
Jeb is a scum sucking pig.

Turd_Ferguson
2/26/2015, 10:49 PM
Jeb is a scum sucking pig.

His run for POTUS has to be a ruse. I can't imagine that himself or anybody in the GOP would think this a good idea.

rock on sooner
2/27/2015, 07:50 AM
His run for POTUS has to be a ruse. I can't imagine that himself or anybody in the GOP would think this a good idea.

TF, don't think it's a ruse. He's already hiring operators here in Iowa,
lining up big money donors, going around making policy speeches and
generally acting like a bush wanting to grow to a tree......

okie52
2/27/2015, 10:47 AM
The pub establishment wants jeb...the base doesn't. So far, jeb has not been great at the podium and hasn't shown that he is going to change the base's opinion about him.

So Rock, how did Joni get elected in blue state Iowa?

TheHumanAlphabet
2/27/2015, 02:32 PM
Fvck jeb... Never ever will vote for a bush ever again, not gonna do it... Fvcking RINO.

rock on sooner
2/27/2015, 02:38 PM
The pub establishment wants jeb...the base doesn't. So far, jeb has not been great at the podium and hasn't shown that he is going to change the base's opinion about him.

So Rock, how did Joni get elected in blue state Iowa?

Ummmm, "blue"...hardly...a six term Pub governor, 6 term idiot
in the 4th district (King), a six term Pub senator (Grumpy Grassley)
newly elected Pub rep (Young, former chief of staff of Ol Grumpy)
and, finally, Ms "Make 'Em Squeal" Ernst. Of the top four PAC's
working to elect her, 2 were Koch Bothers and one was Karl Rove.
The fourth was her own, the other three each spent more money than
she did. Her opponent ran a dreadful campaign (the election was his
to lose, and he did).

One more thing, Indies make up more registered voters than either the
Pubs or Dems. It was an off year and the Pub base is ALWAYS more
motivated in off years than the Dems. Ernst took no real stance on any
issues and her opponent (Braley) put his foot in his mouth over and over.

2016 will be interesting nationally, in the Senate. Pubs defend 23 seats
and the Dems 11.

Curly Bill
2/27/2015, 04:20 PM
Fvck jeb... Never ever will vote for a bush ever again, not gonna do it... Fvcking RINO.

Werd!

Turd_Ferguson
2/27/2015, 04:27 PM
Werd!

Speck. Werd Up!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/27/2015, 04:36 PM
His run for POTUS has to be a ruse. I can't imagine that himself or anybody in the GOP would think this a good idea.The RINO types apparently think the base will all come out for him when it's time for the general. The Left KNOWS the R base will NOT all come out for Bush. So, the Left and the RINOS will push hard to get Jeb or some other RINO the R nomination. (look what happened to Romney in '12)

okie52
2/27/2015, 04:57 PM
Ummmm, "blue"...hardly...a six term Pub governor, 6 term idiot
in the 4th district (King), a six term Pub senator (Grumpy Grassley)
newly elected Pub rep (Young, former chief of staff of Ol Grumpy)
and, finally, Ms "Make 'Em Squeal" Ernst. Of the top four PAC's
working to elect her, 2 were Koch Bothers and one was Karl Rove.
The fourth was her own, the other three each spent more money than
she did. Her opponent ran a dreadful campaign (the election was his
to lose, and he did).

One more thing, Indies make up more registered voters than either the
Pubs or Dems. It was an off year and the Pub base is ALWAYS more
motivated in off years than the Dems. Ernst took no real stance on any
issues and her opponent (Braley) put his foot in his mouth over and over.

2016 will be interesting nationally, in the Senate. Pubs defend 23 seats
and the Dems 11.

Blue as in presidential elections. Iowa even voted for Gore and Dukakis...kind of hard not to paint Iowa with a blue brush. And how many terms did Harkin serve?. Certainly not one of my favorites.

I like King on immigration....wish there were more like him in that regard.

rock on sooner
2/27/2015, 05:08 PM
Blue as in presidential elections. Iowa even voted for Gore and Dukakis...kind of hard not to paint Iowa with a blue brush. And how many terms did Harkin serve?. Certainly not one of my favorites.

I like King on immigration....wish there were more like him in that regard.

Harkin served five terms in the Senate, almost as liberal as Kennedy...did do good,
at least once, Americans with Disabilities Act...plus worked hard for Iowans. As to
King....Oh My...?!

In presidential elections, the Indies and Dems together overcome the evangelicals. Pubs
couldn't really decide between Santorum and Romney last time. Inexplicably, in mid
terms, Indies and Dems sit on their hands. Can't really explain Dukakis, though.

okie52
2/27/2015, 06:25 PM
Heh heh...don't know about kings other positions but on immigration he's excellent...I'd give him a Medal of Honor.

Iowa surprises me in that I would say Ohio and Indiana are more conservative

rock on sooner
2/27/2015, 08:39 PM
Well, Okie, just google him for the Wikipedia and read it all the way through..
after you read that and you still think he is what you'd like him and more like
him to be around. I'm sorry, truly am...King is a freakin' nutcase and a mystery
to me as to why he keeps getting reelected, other than his district is 2 to 1 Pub
vs Dem and even more than the Indies....39 counties in Iowa, all along the Missouri
River.

2/27/2015, 08:49 PM
him to be around. I'm sorry, truly am...King is a freakin' nutcase and a mystery
to me as to why he keeps getting reelected, other than his district is 2 to 1 Pub
vs Dem and even more than the Indies....39 counties in Iowa, all along the Missouri
River.how does someone with as much age and hopefully life experience as you remain a stupid statist?

Blue
2/27/2015, 09:03 PM
He's a Bush, nuff said. F this dysfunctional monarchy we got going on.

olevetonahill
2/27/2015, 09:47 PM
How is Jeb any less desirable as a Pres. than Obammy was over 6 years ago?
I hope the Repubs put up a Hell of a candidate. But Ill vote for Jeb before i vote for Cankles!

hawaii 5-0
2/27/2015, 10:48 PM
Bush v3.0

He's his own man, but just like his brother and father. He even hired the same handlers.

Do y'all really wanna go back there?

5-0

olevetonahill
2/27/2015, 10:53 PM
Bush v3.0

He's his own man, but just like his brother and father. He even hired the same handlers.

Do y'all really wanna go back there?

5-0

If you have any reading compression you will see NO ONE does.
I simply stated Id vote for him over yer Fugly broad.

2/28/2015, 12:11 AM
How is Jeb any less desirable as a Pres. than Obammy was over 6 years ago?
I hope the Repubs put up a Hell of a candidate. But Ill vote for Jeb before i vote for Cankles!Jeb, McCain, Bob Dole if he's still alive. Another 4 years of unimpeded democrat destruction would be unthinkable, and might cause the chaos we all fear.

hawaii 5-0
2/28/2015, 01:00 AM
If you have any reading compression you will see NO ONE does.
I simply stated Id vote for him over yer Fugly broad.

I never said Sarah Palin was fugly.

Bush will probably be your only choice down the road.

Walker is not ready for Prime Time. Who else ya got?

5-0

2/28/2015, 01:18 AM
I never said Sarah Palin was fugly.

Bush will probably be your only choice down the road.

5-0YOU WISH, Vladimir!

hawaii 5-0
2/28/2015, 02:37 AM
So...who else ya got ?

seriously.....

If Palin won the nomination I'd give her my vote. But then I also voted for Ross Perot.

5-0

rock on sooner
2/28/2015, 11:01 AM
how does someone with as much age and hopefully life experience as you remain a stupid statist?

Well, RLIMC, I take offense at "stupid" but, statist, not a full fledged one but I
do believe some government oversight, input and rules are important enough
for the well being of the populace. Complete absence of any oversight/rules
makes for anarchism, almost tribal rule from county to county and/or state to
state. I would not want my kids or grandkids to exist in MS, LA or NV, given
what I have seen or read about their schools, as one example. For tribal rule,
take a look at Afghanistan, for a feudal system, look at Saudi Arabia...all around
the world.....jus sayin'...

FaninAma
2/28/2015, 11:28 AM
Iowa is just like any other schizophrenic purple state. During presidential elections the uninformed urban voters come out en masse to vote for their favorite Democrat personality. During the midterms they stay home and the GOP wins.

okie52
2/28/2015, 11:40 AM
River.

Rock,

Anyone that supports amnesty is a sellout and, to me, you can't go much lower than that. No one with even half a brain could believe that granting amnesty to 11,000,000 illegals that for the most part are low skilled, poorly educated, low income, over populating, and will never pay federal income taxes (or state for that matter) could be good for this country particularly when you give them access to government benefits as every dem wants them to have as well as a lot of pubs.

That "sellout" position eliminates all dems and most pubs from any consideration (to me) as a candidate.

Sooner8th
2/28/2015, 11:46 AM
Bush v3.0He's his own man, but just like his brother and father. He even hired the same handlers.Do y'all really wanna go back there?5-0In an interview jeb stated he never disagreed with his brother when he was in office and he wasn't going to start now. dumbass dubya's third term.

champions77
2/28/2015, 11:55 AM
Rock,

Anyone that supports amnesty is a sellout and, to me, you can't go much lower than that. No one with even half a brain could believe that granting amnesty to 11,000,000 illegals that for the most part are low skilled, poorly educated, low income, over populating, and will never pay federal income taxes (or state for that matter) could be good for this country particularly when you give them access to government benefits as every dem wants them to have as well as a lot of pubs.

That "sellout" position eliminates all dems and most pubs from any consideration (to me) as a candidate.

Amen. When the "Rule of Law" is violated like this one, what's next? Each and every one of these lawbreakers came here knowing it was against our laws. They saw the risk and reward and decided it was worth it. What BHO did was ignore the laws of the land, the very ones he took an oath to defend. The GOP has said for years, secure the border, then we'll deal with the ones here. But BHO was intent to do things his way, an act that is 100% defenseless. The lives that have been lost and the costs associated with having them over here is staggering.
Common Sense people, common sense. Where has it gone?

okiewaker
2/28/2015, 12:02 PM
The Establishment Pubs want Jeb, which is precisely why the base will give him the double birds.

rock on sooner
2/28/2015, 12:12 PM
I don't support blanket amnesty either. The "deporter-in-chief" (not my
phrase but, it'll gitcher 'tention) worked pretty hard at culling the herd.
IMO, coming out of the shadows, passing criminal checks (illiegal entry
notwithstanding),learning English, paying fines/taxes, getting in line for
the right color card and, down the road, applying for citizenship is not
amnesty. Rather, it is an opportunity to find contributing citizenry that
will take the dirty jobs that so many Americans won't take. You can
color this position with any brush you wish to, but, the pure fact is that
11,000,000 folks can't/won't be deported, so some sort of compromise
is needed. Got a better idea, I'm all ears!

It goes without saying that better border security is paramount. Funding
for that is in Republican hands.

SicEmBaylor
2/28/2015, 12:57 PM
The Establishment Pubs want Jeb, which is precisely why the base will give him the double birds.

Romney was an establishment candidate. McCain was an establishment candidate. W. Bush was the establishment candidate. The last time we didn't have an establishment candidate was Reagan.

2/28/2015, 01:33 PM
Romney was an establishment candidate. McCain was an establishment candidate. W. Bush was the establishment candidate. The last time we didn't have an establishment candidate was Reagan.True dat, and even the establishment candidates were significantly better than the democrat swine that opposed them in the general election, but enough people stayed home and didn't vote, or voted 3rd party, allowing our country to be abused by Clinton and Beary.

SicEmBaylor
2/28/2015, 01:39 PM
True dat, and even the establishment candidates were significantly better than the democrat swine that opposed them in the general election, but enough people stayed home and didn't vote, or voted 3rd party, allowing our country to be abused by Clinton and Beary.

1)No. They were not significantly better than their Democratic opponents. To varying degrees, they were marginally better at best.
2)If people stayed home, didn't vote, or voted third party then that ought to be an indictment against the ****ty *** Republicans that continue to be nominated. Nobody is to blame for that fact other than Republicans. Here's a ****ing idea -- stop nominating the bastards. Stop rewarding the bastards with your vote because 'durr durr I vote for anyone with an (R) next to their name' and you'll stop getting those kinds of ****ty nominees.
3. Obama won because there was no way in hell a Republican was ever going to win the '08 election. I said so the day Obama announced his candidacy. I said he would win the nomination and the general that very day. In fact, throughout that campaign, I argued with you and Homey who both seemed to think that the American people would never trust Obama with power.

Obama won in 2012 because Romney was a terrible candidate that the general public didn't trust and didn't particularly like offering the same sort of policies they rejected four years prior. That's another election that I never once thought Romney would win. Let me be clear about this -- at no point in the 2012 cycle did I believe Romney could possibly beat Obama in the general.

2/28/2015, 01:47 PM
Well, RLIMC, ...Complete absence of any oversight/rules
makes for anarchism, almost tribal rule from county to county and/or state to
state. ...Hard to believe you said that. As if you believe conservatives in the USA want no oversight or rules, as if the Constitution doesn't exist, nor other forms of law in our country.

hawaii 5-0
2/28/2015, 04:36 PM
Obama won in 2012 because Romney was a terrible candidate that the general public didn't trust and didn't particularly like offering the same sort of policies they rejected four years prior.

Exactly. Romney was the lesser of two evils. He promised to attack Iran. Said Russia was the biggest threat to America. Even when dressing down at a Republican hoe-down he wore designer jeans. Traveled with the dog on top of the car. Probably stiffs the waiter at restaurants. Oh yeah.....there's also that thing about writing off the 47% thing. No way Jose.

5-0

2/28/2015, 06:25 PM
Exactly. Romney was the lesser of two evils. He promised to attack Iran. Said Russia was the biggest threat to America. Even when dressing down at a Republican hoe-down he wore designer jeans. Traveled with the dog on top of the car. Probably stiffs the waiter at restaurants. Oh yeah.....there's also that thing about writing off the 47% thing. No way Jose.

5-0the phk is wrong with you, boy?!?!?

hawaii 5-0
2/28/2015, 08:18 PM
What about the lesser of two evils do you not understand ?

5-0

okiewaker
2/28/2015, 08:46 PM
Jeb and Fatty can go smells farts. Neither will win the primary. If by some smidgen Jeb pulls out a primary victory.....Dems will win the General.

Turd_Ferguson
2/28/2015, 08:51 PM

5-0

You type that with a straight face after the commRunity organizer got elected TWICE? I think you're just still pissed off that Walker didn't get recalled, especially after you ran your mouth for so long telling everybody that he would be.

rock on sooner
2/28/2015, 09:07 PM
Hard to believe you said that. As if you believe conservatives in the USA want no oversight or rules, as if the Constitution doesn't exist, nor other forms of law in our country.

Welp, look back over so-o-o-o many posts about keeping the gubment
outa this, outa that, leave my money alone, stay away from my guns,
and on and on. If all of those posts came to fruition, it would be anarchy,
no rule of law, I got more guns than you and I'll shoot your a$$. As long
as I've been on this board that has been the overriding theme. I am a
gun owner, pretty damn good shot and feel as strongly about protecting
my home, property and family and as all of the "righties" here, but, geez, to
listen to y'all it is only ONE way, yours! IDM the other side, it is what we
believe and everyone else is , not wrong, but, dead wrong. By Gawd, you
go right on, I'll line up right beside you to defend your rights, but, dayum,
if I'll agree with all that you say. Some on here are knuckleheads, others
have some common sense! Knowing full well this is a "rightie" opinion board,
I felt compelled to present a "left of center" counter, not that it makes much
difference. (BTW, the Sooners pulled it out over TCU!) Boomer...

Turd_Ferguson
2/28/2015, 09:26 PM
Welp, look back over so-o-o-o many posts about keeping the gubment
outa this, outa that, leave my money alone, stay away from my guns,
and on and on. If all of those posts came to fruition, it would be anarchy,
no rule of law

I'm finding it hard to believe that you yourself actually believe that...

hawaii 5-0
3/1/2015, 12:24 PM
You type that with a straight face after the commRunity organizer got elected TWICE? I think you're just still pissed off that Walker didn't get recalled, especially after you ran your mouth for so long telling everybody that he would be.

I never said I ws perfect. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

The College Dropout fooled 'em three times. I was in Wisconsin this Fall and saw the ads by The Dropout. Promising to not interfere on a Person's right to choose, to support education. After the election he's lied again. If the election were held tomorrow the swing voters that fell for his lies would not make the same mistake. People expect one to hold up to their campaign promises.

The vetting process and The Dropout's own answers to questions will cook his goose. Comparing teachers and firefighters to terrorists isn't endearing to the base. Only the wingnuts.

Hell, the guy doesn't even know if he believes in evolution. Someone should ask him if he knows what evolution is.

No, Walker's not ready for a National Political run. It's fun to watch him squirm tho.

5-0

Turd_Ferguson
3/1/2015, 02:07 PM
I never said I ws perfect. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

The College Dropout fooled 'em three times. I was in Wisconsin this Fall and saw the ads by The Dropout. Promising to not interfere on a Person's right to choose, to support education. After the election he's lied again. If the election were held tomorrow the swing voters that fell for his lies would not make the same mistake. People expect one to hold up to their campaign promises.

The vetting process and The Dropout's own answers to questions will cook his goose. Comparing teachers and firefighters to terrorists isn't endearing to the base. Only the wingnuts.

Hell, the guy doesn't even know if he believes in evolution. Someone should ask him if he knows what evolution is.

No, Walker's not ready for a National Political run. It's fun to watch him squirm tho.

5-0

LOL, you keep chant'n those talking points.

3/1/2015, 02:14 PM
Well we see that Walker is NOT a R candidate who is preferred by the Left. Anybody surprised?

3/1/2015, 02:16 PM
LOL, you keep chant'n those talking points.Hawaii is an obedient member of the Dteam.

Sooner8th
3/1/2015, 02:32 PM
You type that with a straight face after the commRunity organizer got elected TWICE? I think you're just still pissed off that Walker didn't get recalled, especially after you ran your mouth for so long telling everybody that he would be.Barack Obama was and is more than up to the job. That is just another rightwing circle jerk talking point. Have you noticed pubs are pivoting away from the economy and jobs to national security - again - because the economy and job are doing so well? Have you even looked up anything about walker? Go find out why he dropped out of marquette. Look at what he did as the Milwaukee County Executive using government equipment and employees time to campaign, which of course is illegal. But, I'm sure you will dismiss these as trivial.

rock on sooner
3/1/2015, 05:04 PM
Well we see that Walker is NOT a R candidate who is preferred by the Left. Anybody surprised?

I don't think Walker is ready for prime time. I doubt that anyone on the left
is very concerned about Walker, even if he is "preferred" here in Iowa.

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2015, 05:09 PM
Walker has been too inconsistent in his career.

hawaii 5-0
3/1/2015, 07:06 PM

I'd LOVE to see Walker, the college dropout get the nomination and see how far that one goes.

It's waay too early. My guess is that he's running for a VP nod.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
3/1/2015, 07:11 PM
Hawaii is an obedient member of the Dteam.

I've crossed Party lines many times. Even voted for the Republican Gov candidate this time (and not the first). I voted for Linda Lingle twice.

I almost never vote a straight ticket.

Can ya say the same ?

5-0

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2015, 07:15 PM
I've crossed Party lines many times. Even voted for the Republican Gov candidate this time (and not the first). I voted for Linda Lingle twice.

I almost never vote a straight ticket.

Can ya say the same ?

5-0

Unlikely. My ballot is usually a good half-Republican/half-independent. I've even voted for more than a handful of Democrats since I started voting. My 84 year old grandmother told me a couple of years ago, "Now look SicEm, there are some good Democrats out there" as if I think they are all bad. My grandmother is a dye-in-the-wool Marxist. Truly a Marxist -- she believes in collective/working class ownership of industry and business. The thing is -- I've likely voted for more Democrats in just one election than she has Republicans in an entire lifetime.

okie52
3/2/2015, 01:44 PM

5-0

So you voted for the guy that "ate dogs"?

hawaii 5-0
3/2/2015, 01:55 PM
So you voted for the guy that "ate dogs"?

There's still a coupla neighborhoods here in Hawaii where there aren't any dogs running loose. Black Dog is a popular dish with some Filipinos.

I saw a guy biting a dog at the ballgame the other day.

Any evidence that Obama ate a family pet?

5-0

okie52
3/2/2015, 01:59 PM
I don't support blanket amnesty either. The "deporter-in-chief" (not my
phrase but, it'll gitcher 'tention) worked pretty hard at culling the herd.
IMO, coming out of the shadows, passing criminal checks (illiegal entry
notwithstanding),learning English, paying fines/taxes, getting in line for
the right color card and, down the road, applying for citizenship is not
amnesty. Rather, it is an opportunity to find contributing citizenry that
will take the dirty jobs that so many Americans won't take. You can
color this position with any brush you wish to, but, the pure fact is that
11,000,000 folks can't/won't be deported, so some sort of compromise
is needed. Got a better idea, I'm all ears!

It goes without saying that better border security is paramount. Funding
for that is in Republican hands.

What new taxes are they going to be paying Rock? Most of these illegals won't make enough money to pay Federal Income taxes (probably not state income taxes either).

Why won't Americans do these "dirty jobs"? They used to do them. What changed?

Yeah, I have a better idea. Why not make employers be responsible for all costs associated with illegals that they employ? Transportation costs, healthcare, education costs, etc... Give the illegals temp status for 6 months to verify they are employed. If not employed deport them. When their job ends they leave at the employers expense. No access to government benefits. Dependent illegal children already in the country can stay as long as parents employed.

Somehow I don't think dems and the US chamber of commerce would want a real "temporary" workforce that was at the employers expense.

okie52
3/2/2015, 02:00 PM
There's still a coupla neighborhoods here in Hawaii where there aren't any dogs running loose. Black Dog is a popular dish with some Filipinos.

I saw a guy biting a dog at the ballgame the other day.

Any evidence that Obama ate a family pet?

5-0

No, just that he ate dogs...did you lose any sleep over it?