PDA

View Full Version : Going Down: Net Neutrality and Banning Ammo in same day

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/26/2015, 01:36 PM
Bear is getting into a higher gear with the power grab. Who's surprised?:tyrannosaurus:

Ton Loc
2/26/2015, 02:44 PM
Awesome

Net Neutrality that is.

I guess if you sell ammo this is good news as .223 will sell out the second it hits shelves. It certainly isn't going away.

2/26/2015, 02:55 PM
Awesome

Net Neutrality that is.

I guess if you sell ammo this is good news as .223 will sell out the second it hits shelves. It certainly isn't going away.your positive reaction to the onslaught is not in the category of surprise.

Turd_Ferguson
2/26/2015, 02:55 PM
Awesome

Net Neutrality that is.

I guess if you sell ammo this is good news as .223 will sell out the second it hits shelves. It certainly isn't going away.

Elaborate, please.

Soonerjeepman
2/26/2015, 05:32 PM
It’s starting.

As promised, President Obama is using executive actions to impose gun control on the nation, targeting the top-selling rifle in the country, the AR-15 style semi-automatic, with a ban on one of the most-used AR bullets by sportsmen and target shooters.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives this month revealed that it is proposing to put the ban on 5.56mm ammo on a fast track, immediately driving up the price of the bullets and prompting retailers, including the huge outdoors company Cabela’s, to urge sportsmen to urge Congress to stop the president.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-to-ban-bullets-by-executive-action-threatens-top-selling-ar-15-rifle/article/2560750?utm_campaign=Fox%20News&utm_source=foxnews.com&utm_medium=feed

olevetonahill
2/26/2015, 05:35 PM
your positive reaction to the onslaught is not in the category of surprise.

Elaborate, please.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhqhrjmGrZlWCjBTj2y0SD4mMh995IE LgeulpWD8T6AXIcq98Z6Q

SoonerorLater
2/26/2015, 07:14 PM
It’s starting.

As promised, President Obama is using executive actions to impose gun control on the nation, targeting the top-selling rifle in the country, the AR-15 style semi-automatic, with a ban on one of the most-used AR bullets by sportsmen and target shooters.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives this month revealed that it is proposing to put the ban on 5.56mm ammo on a fast track, immediately driving up the price of the bullets and prompting retailers, including the huge outdoors company Cabela’s, to urge sportsmen to urge Congress to stop the president.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-to-ban-bullets-by-executive-action-threatens-top-selling-ar-15-rifle/article/2560750?utm_campaign=Fox%20News&utm_source=foxnews.com&utm_medium=feed

Just bought 200 rounds of .223 from Ammunition Depot. No problem yet.

SicEmBaylor
2/26/2015, 09:01 PM
Net-neutrality was the correct decision. Anyone who doesn't favor net-neutrality doesn't truly understand that issue. The ammo ban horrifies me. Absolutely horrifies me to the core. I wish to God that son of a bitch was out in a field doing legitimate work instead of playing the role of an American Despot in the White House.

Soonerjeepman
2/27/2015, 02:13 PM
No problem yet.

yet

TheHumanAlphabet
2/27/2015, 02:30 PM
Only the green tip steel core .223 is set to be banned. Apparently the ATF thinks they are armor piercing and want to ban them to protect law enforcement. Incrementalism is what I say...

i don't have, but apparently the popularity(?) of pistol AR-15 (WTF) now are cause for the sudden interest... I can't image too many $1000 pistols in criminal hands...

2/27/2015, 03:22 PM
Net-neutrality was the correct decision. Anyone who doesn't favor net-neutrality doesn't truly understand that issue. your confidence is impressive, regardless of your accuracy.

Turd_Ferguson
2/27/2015, 04:43 PM
your confidence is impressive, regardless of your accuracy.

Yes, I think Sicem stepped on his labia on this one...

2/27/2015, 05:11 PM
Yes, I think Sicem stepped on his labia on this one...Dang! world record labia?!?!

SicEmBaylor
2/27/2015, 05:34 PM
Yes, I think Sicem stepped on his labia on this one...

I like my internet open, free, and not packaged up like cable television. See the other thread for why I support net-neutrality.

2/27/2015, 06:47 PM
They(govt.) will do with/to the Internet just about anything they please.

Blue
2/27/2015, 07:57 PM
Net-neutrality was the correct decision. Anyone who doesn't favor net-neutrality doesn't truly understand that issue. The ammo ban horrifies me. Absolutely horrifies me to the core. I wish to God that son of a bitch was out in a field doing legitimate work instead of playing the role of an American Despot in the White House.

Bull****. Net neutrality means down the road people will have to pay extra for lesser traveled websites (ie right wing websites). Your interne t will be served up like cable tv. A bunch of liberal crap.

Just another victory for communist/fascist/liberals. Anybody who favors limited speech. How could you of all people think that the govt regulating anything is a good thing, Sicem?

You talk a fair game like an inexperienced intellectual but when push comes to shove you defend Big Brother.

Blue
2/27/2015, 07:59 PM
I like my internet open, free, and not packaged up like cable television. See the other thread for why I support net-neutrality.

It will make it exactly like old school ABC/NBC/CBS bull****. Many (out there) websites won't survive. Welcome to the matrix.

2/27/2015, 08:24 PM
Bull****. Net neutrality means down the road people will have to pay extra for lesser traveled websites (ie right wing websites). Your interne t will be served up like cable tv. A bunch of liberal crap.
not to mention the likely censorship and worse.

Ton Loc
3/1/2015, 06:42 PM

Just another victory for communist/fascist/liberals. Anybody who favors limited speech. How could you of all people think that the govt regulating anything is a good thing, Sicem?

You talk a fair game like an inexperienced intellectual but when push comes to shove you defend Big Brother.

The opposite of everything you said is true.

For example, this allows municipalities to setup their own ISP without worry of being blocked or sued by the large providers.

It will outlaw throttling and basically not allow the little guy to get ****ed.

Don't know wtf you guys are reading, but every tech site and person who works in the field agrees with this decision while every large provider is against it.

Like anything else. Look where the money flows.

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2015, 07:05 PM
It will make it exactly like old school ABC/NBC/CBS bull****. Many (out there) websites won't survive. Welcome to the matrix.

lol, no, it doesn't. You absolutely don't have a clue on this issue. Net-neutrality doesn't do anything of the sort, and what would cause websites not to survive is having to pay providers in order to ensure that providers allow their customers to view their websites in the first place.

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2015, 07:07 PM
WTF? Blue, you have this entirely reversed.

The government is NOT regulating the internet. The government is regulating the telecommunications companies from regulating the internet. Jesus, you are making the right argument but taking entirely the wrong side.

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2015, 07:08 PM
I have come to realize that most of you have absolutely no idea what "net neutrality" means.

rock on sooner
3/1/2015, 07:49 PM
All y'all go read post #8 in Vet's thread about the 'Net...it is rilly simple
easy to unnerstand terms 'bout Gore's invention....as to the bullets,
no way can an executive order or executive memorandum do any thing
like what y'all are squawkin' 'bout...now, my beer's empty, anyone want
one while I'm up?

dwarthog
3/1/2015, 07:55 PM
I have come to realize that most of you have absolutely no idea what "net neutrality" means.

1)There is a definition of "Net Neutrality"

2) There was a implementation of "Net Neutrality" as defined by some 300+ pages passed by the FCC.

It's unlikely that 1 and 2 are equal to each other, particularly since the FCC was not inclined to let anyone outside of themselves see what that implementation will be.

If you were one of those on the commission who saw the implementation then you have knowledge unavailable to the rest of us in this regard. If not then you're pretty much taking it on faith they have adopted true net neutrality.

I'm skeptical such is the case.

Ton Loc
3/1/2015, 08:08 PM
Skepticism is one thing. People's complete lack of understanding that ends up in misplaced outrage and anger is another. Its also what makes up 90% of this thread.

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2015, 08:12 PM
1)There is a definition of "Net Neutrality"

2) There was a implementation of "Net Neutrality" as defined by some 300+ pages passed by the FCC.

It's unlikely that 1 and 2 are equal to each other, particularly since the FCC was not inclined to let anyone outside of themselves see what that implementation will be.

If you were one of those on the commission who saw the implementation then you have knowledge unavailable to the rest of us in this regard. If not then you're pretty much taking it on faith they have adopted true net neutrality.

I'm skeptical such is the case.

1. Yes.
2. No, there were 8 pages of regulation. The remaining 224 pages are of public feedback on the issue that the FCC started soliciting several months ago as the FCC started indicating it was considering net-neutrality. I remember because I was one of those individuals who gave his feedback to the FCC.

SoonerorLater
3/1/2015, 08:13 PM
What we are experiencing now, at least for the most part, is net neutrality. It is almost a "for certain" that the term "Net Neutrality" would be hijacked and redefined by the FCC. The status quo was never a possibility with this ruling. It was baked into the cake that internet life would change.

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2015, 08:23 PM
What we are experiencing now, at least for the most part, is net neutrality. It is almost a "for certain" that the term "Net Neutrality" would be hijacked and redefined by the FCC. The status quo was never a possibility with this ruling. It was baked into the cake that internet life would change.

The term 'net neutrality' was not changed by the FCC. We are, by and large, currently experiencing net-neutrality. The FCC ruling simply enforces what currently exists. The act that precipitated the FCC finding was the decision by Comcast and a couple of other major providers to start charging Netflix a fee in order to ensure customers, who already pay for both the internet service and Netflix, received the bandwidth to watch Netflix that they already currently pay for. Netflix appealed this to the FCC with many others signing on to the complaint -- in turn, the FCC announced they were considering the action. They asked the public to give input months and moths ago which they have been collecting. The decision came down to enforce the current standard.

dwarthog
3/1/2015, 08:24 PM
1. Yes.
2. No, there were 8 pages of regulation. The remaining 224 pages are of public feedback on the issue that the FCC started soliciting several months ago as the FCC started indicating it was considering net-neutrality. I remember because I was one of those individuals who gave his feedback to the FCC.

Didn't know that.

Have you seen the 8 pages yet?

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2015, 08:31 PM
Didn't know that.

Have you seen the 8 pages yet?

I read the outline of the document, but not the full report which hasn't been released yet. When it is, and if there is anything in that to be concerned over, then of course that becomes a different issue entirely. Nonetheless, assuming that the FCC releases a document consistent with the outline of its decision then I'm not concerned.

SoonerorLater
3/1/2015, 09:01 PM
The term 'net neutrality' was not changed by the FCC. We are, by and large, currently experiencing net-neutrality. The FCC ruling simply enforces what currently exists. The act that precipitated the FCC finding was the decision by Comcast and a couple of other major providers to start charging Netflix a fee in order to ensure customers, who already pay for both the internet service and Netflix, received the bandwidth to watch Netflix that they already currently pay for. Netflix appealed this to the FCC with many others signing on to the complaint -- in turn, the FCC announced they were considering the action. They asked the public to give input months and moths ago which they have been collecting. The decision came down to enforce the current standard.

No they won't just be enforcing what currently exists. In order to make any ruling with teeth the FCC had to declare the internet a "public utility". So if in your opinion the government will assume control of regulation and it will be business as usual then I suppose you are correct. My experience with government control suggests otherwise.

SicEmBaylor
3/1/2015, 09:06 PM
No they won't just be enforcing what currently exists. In order to make any ruling with teeth the FCC had to declare the internet a "public utility". So if in your opinion the government will assume control of regulation and it will be business as usual then I suppose you are correct. My experience with government control suggests otherwise.

No. They did not declare the 'internet' to be a Title II public utility. They declared internet providers to be a public utility. These are the same providers who built their infrastructure subsidized with taxpayer money and then turn around and lobby against allowing competitors use that same infrastructure.

SoonerorLater
3/1/2015, 09:40 PM
No. They did not declare the 'internet' to be a Title II public utility. They declared internet providers to be a public utility. These are the same providers who built their infrastructure subsidized with taxpayer money and then turn around and lobby against allowing competitors use that same infrastructure.

Yes that is correct and that changes the landscape. However the ISP's case was not without merit. The Telecoms and Cable were were built out under a monopoly that is true. For the large majority they were deregulated some years ago. Much of their build-out to allow broadband was done under deregulation (not that they didn't have a huge leg up already).

The strongest part of the ISP case is that the concept of net-neutrality is based on the concept peer-to-peer file sharing. This makes an assumption of a more less equal burden on the various parties in the transfer of information across the internet. In the case of the Netflix's of the world this was not what was happening. It takes remarkably less bandwidth to upload a request for content than the actual download of that content. So should the ISP's be required to upgrade the backbone internet network to accommodate the Netflix's of the world or should they be able to throttle down to allocate their existing bandwidth?

dwarthog
3/2/2015, 08:32 AM
Yes that is correct and that changes the landscape. However the ISP's case was not without merit. The Telecoms and Cable were were built out under a monopoly that is true. For the large majority they were deregulated some years ago. Much of their build-out to allow broadband was done under deregulation (not that they didn't have a huge leg up already).

The strongest part of the ISP case is that the concept of net-neutrality is based on the concept peer-to-peer file sharing. This makes an assumption of a more less equal burden on the various parties in the transfer of information across the internet. In the case of the Netflix's of the world this was not what was happening. It takes remarkably less bandwidth to upload a request for content than the actual download of that content. So should the ISP's be required to upgrade the backbone internet network to accommodate the Netflix's of the world or should they be able to throttle down to allocate their existing bandwidth?

I read that ruling re Netflix, Comcast and Verizon that seems to be one of the advocates poster children re an example of how this, net neutrality, will "help" and I'm not convinced that will be the case.

That "agreement" doesn't look like to me it would have been affected by this ruling and even if the FCC tried to step in it looks like to me that an argument could be made that with regards to connection speeds, not really changed.