PDA

View Full Version : Another day another liar...

dwarthog
2/24/2015, 09:41 AM
VA secretary lied about being in special forces...

http://news.yahoo.com/va-secretary-apologizes-misstating-military-record-042000544--politics.html

Turd_Ferguson
2/24/2015, 09:50 AM
VA secretary lied about being in special forces...

http://news.yahoo.com/va-secretary-apologizes-misstating-military-record-042000544--politics.html

Heh. Obammy's peeps don't "lie", they make "misstatements".

olevetonahill
2/24/2015, 10:05 AM
Guess it depends on what yer definition of "Special Forces" is

AirBorne Ranger Is kinder "Special" IMHO

Turd_Ferguson
2/24/2015, 10:57 AM
I thought a Ranger was Special Forces??

dwarthog
2/24/2015, 11:13 AM
You can be an "Airborne" regular 82nd jumper or you can tack on Ranger training and be both.

I'm not sure where Ranger fits in the hierarchy of special forces.

olevetonahill
2/24/2015, 11:21 AM
Found this, maybe help splain it

First of all, there are two types of Rangers in the Army. Both of which are Airborne qualified.

First, there are those who are "tabbed" Rangers. That means that at some point, they went to and completed Ranger school. Upon completion, they went to or returned to a normal Army unit. These Soldiers wear the Ranger tab on their uniforms.

Second, there are those who are in the Ranger Regiment. The 75th Ranger Regiment is an operational unit of USASOC (US Army Special Ops Command)

The following types of Soldiers are classified as ARSOF (Army Special Operations Forces) NOT referred to as Special Forces across the board. These forces are controlled by Major Army Commands (MACOMS). They are controlled by the Army.

-Special Forces (green berets)
-Civil Affairs
-Psychological Operations
-Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD)
-Airborne units
-160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR)
-Warrant Officer Corps

Within USASOC (US Army Special Operations Command), you have the following units that are controlled by US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM). That is, there is a possibility that you may be given missions/orders by DOD directly, rather than the Army.

-USASFC (Green Berets)
-75th Ranger Regiment
-160th SOAR
- Psyops
- Civil Affairs

So to answer your question directly: Soldiers in the 75th Ranger Regiment are USASOC with assignments and missions controlled by the Army.

Soldiers in
Source(s):
www,soc.mil
www.socom.mil

rock on sooner
2/24/2015, 11:27 AM
Take a minute and google special forces.....the term covers a broad
area of action, depending on the country.

Not making excuses for the obvious exaggeration but, I'm guessing he
was just trying to make a connection to a homeless vet. Nonetheless,
they all should just stick with "Good to see you" or, even "Hi, there..."
Too many cameras and too much social media. Right now, military/combat
situations get scrutiny in a heartbeat...

Turd_Ferguson
2/24/2015, 11:27 AM
Yeah, so I'm not sure where the "lying" took place...

olevetonahill
2/24/2015, 11:37 AM
Take a minute and google special forces.....the term covers a broad
area of action, depending on the country.

Not making excuses for the obvious exaggeration but, I'm guessing he
was just trying to make a connection to a homeless vet. Nonetheless,
they all should just stick with "Good to see you" or, even "Hi, there..."
Too many cameras and too much social media. Right now, military/combat
situations get scrutiny in a heartbeat...

Hell I was In nam and Im special so that Means Im Special Forces LOL

I agree this is just part of the continuing witch hunt since Williams story broke, The Libs decided to pull an 8th and start looking fer a Con. to try to deflect to and Now the cons are searchin for crap on the Libs.
Its all ****in stupid.

rock on sooner
2/25/2015, 07:37 AM
I looked up the guy's bio.....West Point grad....Captain..82nd
Airborne....hell, all he had to say to the homeless guy..."82nd
Airborne" and let it go at that...that'd impress me, make me
feel a connection to a fellow veteran....guy weren't too bright,
besides "stretching the truth"...

SicEmBaylor
2/25/2015, 07:44 AM
I always thought Rangers were just one step below what constitutes 'special forces', and I thought most Army Delta/Green Beret guys come from the Rangers.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/25/2015, 11:28 AM
You know, the guy has walked the walk, why in hell lie to a homeless man??? Your military career is stellar as is, why embellish? And why in your position?

rock on sooner
2/25/2015, 11:42 AM
You know, the guy has walked the walk, why in hell lie to a homeless man??? Your military career is stellar as is, why embellish? And why in your position?

All good questions....I said earlier that I thought he was just trying
to "connect" with the homeless fella...got caught up in the moment
and RILLY dint think....imo....

Soonerjeepman
2/25/2015, 04:06 PM
I'm not so sure he had a "stellar" career....I THOUGHT, I read he graduated in 1975, retired in 1980...went into business...Proctor/Gamble. So yes, he was in for 5 years...I'm guessing at that time no war-time (which doesn't make it any less, but ya know...was he even stationed over seas?) but does that constitute a "stellar career"?

I respect all military vets, 4 years or lifers...combat folks or not (although I do respect combat folks a little more...sorry~)

That was my take....no?

SicEmBaylor
2/25/2015, 04:09 PM
I'm not so sure he had a "stellar" career....I THOUGHT, I read he graduated in 1975, retired in 1980...went into business...Proctor/Gamble. So yes, he was in for 5 years...I'm guessing at that time no war-time (which doesn't make it any less, but ya know...was he even stationed over seas?) but does that constitute a "stellar career"?

I respect all military vets, 4 years or lifers...combat folks or not (although I do respect combat folks a little more...sorry~)

That was my take....no?

I can't figure out why someone's military service, in and of itself, makes a person less or more trustworthy.

olevetonahill
2/25/2015, 04:23 PM
So he said to an individual he served in SF Big deal IMHO he did that

He Grad from West point in the top 2% of his class

Here read it

An Army veteran, Mr. McDonald served with the 82nd Airborne Division; completed Jungle, Arctic, and Desert Warfare training; and earned the Ranger tab, the Expert Infantryman Badge, and Senior Parachutist wings. Upon leaving military service, Captain McDonald was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal.

Secretary McDonald graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point in the top 2 percent of the Class of 1975. He served as the Brigade Adjutant for the Corps of Cadets and was recognized by The Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufacturing, and Commerce as the most distinguished graduate in academics, leadership, and physical education. He earned an MBA from the University of Utah in 1978.

olevetonahill
2/25/2015, 04:24 PM
I can't figure out why someone's military service, in and of itself, makes a person less or more trustworthy.

Let me simply state . If I needed some one to Have my 6 I'd rather it Be a Vet than a Wannabe politician!:drunk:

rock on sooner
2/25/2015, 04:37 PM
Let me simply state . If I needed some one to Have my 6 I'd rather it Be a Vet than a Wannabe politician!:drunk:

Dayum Vet, you swaller a smart pill er what?! Well, stellar might be a small
stretch but one comes out of the Point a 2nd Lt, so five years and gets out a
Captain. He, at least, dint screw up. He hit the promos right in step, met the
service contract, got out and got into business and clearly did well. Seems to
me pretty much right on....rilly just got caught in the moment trying to connect
with someone who was down and out....too much social media and too many
cameras.....

olevetonahill
2/25/2015, 04:43 PM
Dayum Vet, you swaller a smart pill er what?! Well, stellar might be a small
stretch but one comes out of the Point a 2nd Lt, so five years and gets out a
Captain. He, at least, dint screw up. He hit the promos right in step, met the
service contract, got out and got into business and clearly did well. Seems to
me pretty much right on....rilly just got caught in the moment trying to connect
with someone who was down and out....too much social media and too many
cameras.....

Like I said before. Airborne Ranger is Kinda Special.

This would never have made the news if Williams story had'nt broken open. Its just a way for the ****ing News media to keep harping on sh!t tryin to get rankings.

Thats why I dont watch news nor listen to Opinion shows