PDA

View Full Version : Meet your new DL coach

Sooner in Tampa
2/19/2015, 01:53 PM
Diron Reynolds from Stanford

BIO (http://www.gostanford.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30600&ATCLID=209585125)

Oklahoma: We understand that the Sooners have hired Stanford defensive assistant Diron Reynolds as their defensive line coach. Prior to joining the Stanford staff, Reynolds spent five seasons with the Vikings as an assistant defensive line coach, the 2007 season as the defensive line coach with the Dolphins, and five seasons under Tony Dungy in Indianapolis as a defensive quality control coach.
http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop

birddog
2/19/2015, 01:58 PM
TFB(thanks 8x) is reporting the same. So is the franchise.

Boomer.....
2/19/2015, 02:18 PM
Looks like a solid hire.

EatLeadCommie
2/19/2015, 02:32 PM
How is it that this guy was in my class at Wake, presumably played football there, coached there, and this is the first I've heard of him?

Seems like a decent hire. Only one year at Stanford, and they were not the defensively stout team that they usually are this past year. NFL experience is good. No idea how he is as a recruiter, but if he went to Wake and was hired on at Stanford, chances are he knocked his interview out of the park.

olevetonahill
2/19/2015, 02:36 PM
How is it that this guy was in my class at Wake, presumably played football there, coached there,
and this is the first I've heard of him?

Seems like a decent hire. Only one year at Stanford, and they were not the defensively stout team that they usually are this past year. NFL experience is good. No idea how he is as a recruiter, but if he went to Wake and was hired on at Stanford, chances are he knocked his interview out of the park.

Ill bet he says the same thing about YOU :beaten:

cherokeebrewer
2/19/2015, 03:01 PM
A surprise name I'm not familiar with, but here is a nice rundown of his coaching experience. NFL experience should at least ring well with recruits.

http://coachesinc.com/documents/Diron%20Reynolds%20Resume%20redacted.pdf

BoulderSooner79
2/19/2015, 03:43 PM
How is it that this guy was in my class at Wake, presumably played football there, coached there, and this is the first I've heard of him?

According to ESPN, Stanford was 5th in total defense and 2nd in scoring defense last year. Those are not terrible numbers.

BoulderSooner79
2/19/2015, 03:46 PM
This thread is not complete until TDTW let's us know how lame of a hire this is and how many more losses OU incurs because of it.

Tear Down This Wall
2/19/2015, 04:11 PM
This is a good hire - over a decade of NFL experience, and no known tie back to Iowa or Mike Leach. There's no possible way to stick this in the "buddy hire" pile. Fresh blood/perspective is what we need, and what Stoops has avoided hiring in the past.

Tear Down This Wall
2/19/2015, 04:14 PM
The only problem with this hire is it isn't enough to outweigh the other bad hires hanging around the facility: bringing Big Brother back, along with his buddy Kish, and the Leach rehashed vomit on the offensive side of the ball.

dwarthog
2/19/2015, 05:25 PM
APB needs to be sent out for TDTW..

He's apparently been kidnapped and his online userid hacked!

Contact the authorities!

EatLeadCommie
2/19/2015, 06:09 PM
According to ESPN, Stanford was 5th in total defense and 2nd in scoring defense last year. Those are not terrible numbers.

That's surprising, but good, to hear.

BoulderSooner79
2/19/2015, 06:41 PM
This is a good hire - over a decade of NFL experience, and no known tie back to Iowa or Mike Leach. There's no possible way to stick this in the "buddy hire" pile. Fresh blood/perspective is what we need, and what Stoops has avoided hiring in the past.

He likes it! Mikey likes it!*

The only problem with this hire is it isn't enough to outweigh the other bad hires hanging around the facility: bringing Big Brother back, along with his buddy Kish, and the Leach rehashed vomit on the offensive side of the ball.

Whew! Thought someone kidnapped you and hijacked your account for a second there. But is there any DL coach that could do those things? I guess if he had both the HC and DL coach titles.

*if you get that, you're old as dirt.

manateepower
2/19/2015, 09:13 PM
This thread is not complete until TDTW let's us know how lame of a hire this is and how many more losses OU incurs because of it.

He never won a game at OU, nor did he win multiple national tites last year.

olevetonahill
2/19/2015, 09:18 PM

TDTW the 8th of the football forum :watermelon:

Soonerjeepman
2/19/2015, 10:30 PM
damn, vet that is a low blow...