PDA

View Full Version : Southern Law Poverty Center removes Ben Carson from "extremist list" and apologizes

okie52
2/12/2015, 09:47 AM
Liberal SPLC Removes Ben Carson From 'Extremist Files'
Wednesday, 11 Feb 2015 09:11 PM
By Greg Richter

The Southern Poverty Law Center has removed Dr. Ben Carson from its "Extremist Files," citing "intense criticism" in recent days.

A statement on the group's website now replaces Carson's "Extremist File" page, where quotes he made opposing same-sex marriage were cited as the reason for including him with Ku Klux Klan members, skinheads and other white supremacists.

"In October 2014, we posted an 'Extremist File' of Dr. Ben Carson. This week, as we've come under intense criticism for doing so, we've reviewed our profile and have concluded that it did not meet our standards, so we have taken it down and apologize to Dr. Carson for having posted it," the statement on the group's website reads.

But the group didn't completely back down, noting "We've also come to the conclusion that the question of whether a better-researched profile of Dr. Carson should or should not be included in our 'Extremist Files' is taking attention from the fact that Dr. Carson has, in fact, made a number of statements that express views that we believe most people would conclude are extreme."

"We laud Dr. Carson for his many contributions to medicine and his philanthropic work, and we, like so many others, are inspired by his personal story," the statement reads. "Nevertheless, particularly because Dr. Carson is such a prominent person, we believe that his views should be closely examined."

Carson is widely expected to run for president as a Republican in 2016.

"I want to thank all the people who have spoken up in my behalf," Carson said Wednesday on Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor." "I think it's obviously quite ridiculous.

The SPLC, based in Montgomery, Alabama, describes itself as a civil rights organization, and includes on its "Hate Map" what many on the right consider to be simply conservative groups, including the Family Research Council.

The SPLC's list has worked to shut people up because they are afraid they might end up on their list, Carson told Fox News.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/US/Ben-Carson-Southern-Poverty-Law-Center-extremist-files/2015/02/11/id/624277/#ixzz3RXejfsGb

FaninAma
2/12/2015, 10:23 AM
The SPLC should put themselves on the list.

dwarthog
2/12/2015, 10:38 AM
SPLC is a joke.

That they even get anyone to listen to them outside of the tin foil hat crowd is amazing.

SicEmBaylor
2/12/2015, 02:10 PM
I have always harbored a lot of ill-will toward the SPLC.

Sooner8th
2/12/2015, 04:25 PM
I have always harbored a lot of ill-will toward the SPLC.big surprise there

SicEmBaylor
2/12/2015, 04:55 PM
big surprise there

lol, well, I belong or have belonged to the League of the South, John Birch Society, Sons of Confederate Veterans, and the Children of the Confederacy so I'm pretty much on their **** list. ;)

The SLRC is a much much better organization. In fact, if I had my dream of being an attorney, I'd love to work for the SLRC.

Sooner8th
2/12/2015, 05:35 PM
lol, well, I belong or have belonged to the League of the South, John Birch Society, Sons of Confederate Veterans, and the Children of the Confederacy so I'm pretty much on their **** list. ;)The SLRC is a much much better organization. In fact, if I had my dream of being an attorney, I'd love to work for the SLRC.Did you forget the founding member of the david duke fan club? lol

SicEmBaylor
2/12/2015, 05:39 PM
Did you forget the founding member of the david duke fan club? lol

I detest David Duke and the KKK. If I had it my way, every absolute stupid braindead racist piece of **** in the KKK would be put before a firing squad.

Sooner8th
2/12/2015, 05:44 PM
I detest David Duke and the KKK. If I had it my way, every absolute stupid braindead racist piece of **** in the KKK would be put before a firing squad.good for you..............finally a conservative with some limits.

SicEmBaylor
2/12/2015, 07:47 PM
good for you..............finally a conservative with some limits.

I'm nothing if not one tick shy from bat**** crazy.