PDA

View Full Version : New DL coach candidates

TheUnnamedSooner
2/11/2015, 12:20 AM
This could get interesting considering texas is also looking for a DL coach. Especially if strong and Stoops goes after the same guy. Any ideas on who would be interested?

GreatCecilsGhost
2/11/2015, 07:19 AM
Tommie Harris.

TheUnnamedSooner
2/14/2015, 01:16 AM
Saw that Mike Pelton from Georgia Tech is interviewing. Anyone know anything about him?

Eielson
2/14/2015, 01:52 AM
Saw that Mike Pelton from Georgia Tech is interviewing. Anyone know anything about him?

I doubt he can compete with Monty as a recruiter, but he seems like he may be an upgrade from a coaching standpoint. I've never heard much about him until today, though, so I don't really know. He coached at Troy from 2001-2006, which means he helped produce both Demarcus Ware and Osi Umenyiora. That's pretty impressive.

8timechamps
2/14/2015, 05:35 PM
Texas hired former LSU D-line coach Brick Haley. There was a rumor that he would interview with Stoops, but that's obviously no longer an issue.

TheUnnamedSooner
2/16/2015, 11:38 AM
Texas hired former LSU D-line coach Brick Haley. There was a rumor that he would interview with Stoops, but that's obviously no longer an issue.

I saw that. I bet we have a new DL coach this week considering there isn't much time before Spring ball!

cvsooner
2/16/2015, 06:14 PM
Recruits at a junior day this weekend were told "a couple days" for a hire, so it's probably happening soon.

Soonerfan88
2/16/2015, 08:58 PM
Pelton has "removed his name from consideration" so I'm betting he was told they are hiring someone else which matches the 'couple of days' timeline for the announcement.

stoopified
2/16/2015, 10:14 PM
According to my sources,Pelton of GT has withdrawn from consideration.Also heard Sooners are looking at Ron Burton from Mich St., Mike Elston of ND,and Sean Spencer of Penn State. Personally I would like to see OU go after former staff member Chris Wilson who is currently at USC after stops at Mississippi State,Georgia.

Soonerfan88
2/16/2015, 10:51 PM
Burton is a no-go, not leaving MSU. Not sure if he was ever actually considered. Apparently some of the excitement over his name came from Cooks following him on Twitter. However, Cooks followed several coaches from Mich State and it means absolutely nothing.

Eielson
2/17/2015, 12:01 AM
I don't know anything about Burton, but there are only a couple of schools that I would consider "no-go" for Oklahoma to pluck from, and Michigan State is not one of them.

CK Sooner
2/17/2015, 03:17 AM
I want the ND DL coach

Tear Down This Wall
2/17/2015, 11:14 AM
Burton, yes. NFL playing experience, and part of a pretty salty Michigan State coaching staff. But, the coach I wanted from Michigan State was Dave Warner, their former QB coach and current Co-OC/RB coach.

Eielson
2/17/2015, 12:40 PM
Burton, yes. NFL playing experience, and part of a pretty salty Michigan State coaching staff. But, the coach I wanted from Michigan State was Dave Warner, their former QB coach and current Co-OC/RB coach.

Dave Warner sucks.

cherokeebrewer
2/17/2015, 04:27 PM
Here is the latest name in the mix. I like it...

Frank Maile

http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/frank_maile_890952.html

EatLeadCommie
2/17/2015, 08:37 PM
Here is the latest name in the mix. I like it...

Frank Maile

http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/frank_maile_890952.html

From the article:
Maile, and his wife, Heather, have three sons, Maximus, Samson and Titan, and one daughter, Cecilia.

I'm guessing he sees football in the future of his sons.

Tear Down This Wall
2/18/2015, 12:45 PM
Dave Warner sucks.

Yeah, it sucks to be the offensive coordinator of an 11-2 team whose only two losses were to the two schools that played for the national title. Not nearly as impressive as being the offensive coordinator of an 8-5 team in the C-USA break off league who had his offense shut down in a minor bowl by a team between coaches.

Soonerjeepman
2/18/2015, 03:36 PM
From Vandy to OU...I'd think it'd be a no brainer....if OU wants him.