PDA

View Full Version : Frank Shannon?

soonerx7
2/10/2015, 11:15 AM
ANY WORD ON WHEN HE MIGHT RETURN?
LAST I HEARD WAS SOME TIME IN MAY.

BoulderSooner79
2/10/2015, 11:19 AM
The suspension was for a year. I would assume that is an academic year, so that would imply after the spring semester. Some tin foil hat types claim that Boren will stop him from returning.

Tear Down This Wall
2/10/2015, 11:19 AM
NONE YET. MAYBE IN A FEW WEEKS WE'LL KNOW SOMETHING. TURN UP THE RADIO, I CAN'T HEAR YOUR POST ENOUGH!

Tear Down This Wall
2/10/2015, 11:20 AM
The suspension was for a year. I would assume that is an academic year, so that would imply after the spring semester. Some tin foil hat types claim that Boren will stop him from returning.

WHAT? I CAN'T READ YOUR POST. TO MANY LOWER CASE LETTERS. WAKE THE F UP, BROTHER!

Eielson
2/10/2015, 12:11 PM
THIS THREAD GOT TURNT UP 1023%!

stoopified
2/10/2015, 12:24 PM
Everything I have read and heard says that Shannon can rejoin the team in time for summer workouts(June).

Sooner in Tampa
2/10/2015, 02:09 PM
WOW...TDTW is in prime form...as usual

dwarthog
2/10/2015, 04:56 PM
Getting ready to turn the volume up to ELEVEN!

blacktop
2/10/2015, 06:27 PM
Didn't Mixon come back before a year was up? I would assume it's the same deal.

BoulderSooner79
2/10/2015, 06:37 PM
Didn't Mixon come back before a year was up? I would assume it's the same deal.

Completely different deal. Mixon was suspended by Stoops/Boren from the football program and remained a student. Shannon was a title IX action and was suspended from the University for a year - not even a student.

aurorasooner
2/10/2015, 09:23 PM
Completely different deal. Mixon was suspended by Stoops/Boren from the football program and remained a student. Shannon was a title IX action and was suspended from the University for a year - not even a student. So does anyone know what he's been doing?--going to some JC to get some credits, staying in FB shape, or just chillin' in Norman?

I'm not opposed to him returning if he's kept his nose clean and can contribute, but, I don't know all the facts. After our ridiculously pitiful D performance last year, it would be hard to imagine that he couldn't contribute if he's stayed in some kind of football shape.
If he's blocked next year from returning to the University by the administrators, I think they owe it to the Sooner fans the facts as to why he was blocked. If he even wants to return to college FB at OU that is, and the coaches even want him/don't know.

8timechamps
2/10/2015, 09:38 PM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/giphymedia/media/aqSl7Dw5HTojK/giphy.gif

dwarthog
2/10/2015, 10:10 PM
This is Spinal Tap!

BoulderSooner79
2/10/2015, 10:12 PM
So does anyone know what he's been doing?--going to some JC to get some credits, staying in FB shape, or just chillin' in Norman?

I'm not opposed to him returning if he's kept his nose clean and can contribute, but, I don't know all the facts. After our ridiculously pitiful D performance last year, it would be hard to imagine that he couldn't contribute if he's stayed in some kind of football shape.
If he's blocked next year from returning to the University by the administrators, I think they owe it to the Sooner fans the facts as to why he was blocked. If he even wants to return to college FB at OU that is, and the coaches even want him/don't know.

Stoops has said he is on track to return, that's all the info I've seen. I assume "on track" means he has not violated any conditions imposed for returning.

SoonerorLater
2/11/2015, 03:08 PM
What! Rejoining the team? This is a travesty! Shannon shouldn't even be out of solitary confinement. Where is the the outrage? There should have been a public caning, maybe two. He was found guilty of a Title IX infraction by a "student panel".

KantoSooner
2/11/2015, 03:16 PM
Well, Coach Tiff has already said he can't have sprinkles on his ice cream until at least September.

BoulderSooner79
2/11/2015, 03:34 PM
What! Rejoining the team? This is a travesty! Shannon shouldn't even be out of solitary confinement. Where is the the outrage? There should have been a public caning, maybe two. He was found guilty of a Title IX infraction by a "student panel".

No, the message was "on track" to rejoin team. I'm sure Frank could derail things.

I know you're just being sarcastic, but I actually think OU should take the title IX seriously. I don't like the process and especially hate the secrecy, but it's the rules. And I don't assume the "student panel" (actually student/faculty panel) are a bunch of idiots. I assume they are most likely OU football fans too and are trying to be objective just like jurors must do for a trial.

swardboy
2/11/2015, 03:57 PM
Well, Coach Tiff has already said he can't have sprinkles on his ice cream until at least September.

Sprinkles are for winnars.

Therealsouthsider
2/14/2015, 12:45 AM
....panels

....pfffht!

ss

CK Sooner
2/17/2015, 03:16 AM
Boren had him wacked