PDA

View Full Version : How to hurt ISIS

ouwasp
2/4/2015, 11:10 PM
The main city ISIS is swarming to is Raqqa, Syria. Look at GoogleEarth. A few miles to the west is the massive Tabqa dam. Blow the dam and drown ISIS like the rabid rats they are!

SicEmBaylor
2/5/2015, 12:24 AM
Why attack ISIS? I'm opposed.

ouwasp
2/5/2015, 12:51 AM

I should have been more specific...the Jordanian Air Force needs to bullseye the dam. The Islamic world should take care of their own garbage. When ISIS does indeed threaten the Saudi oil fields, then our vital nat'l interests are at stake. The USN and the USAF would do us proud...but nobody in DC would have the brass to hit the dam, no matter what.

SicEmBaylor
2/5/2015, 03:46 AM
I should have been more specific...the Jordanian Air Force needs to bullseye the dam. The Islamic world should take care of their own garbage. When ISIS does indeed threaten the Saudi oil fields, then our vital nat'l interests are at stake. The USN and the USAF would do us proud...but nobody in DC would have the brass to hit the dam, no matter what.

Aye, I agree. I'm not big on our involvement, but Jordan has every right to bomb the bejesus out of those f'ktards.

Sooner in Tampa
2/5/2015, 07:57 AM
Of course you are...

rock on sooner
2/5/2015, 09:09 AM
It's too bad that the A10 Warthog is gone from the battlefield. I'd love
to see a video feed from a hovering drone of the A10 strafing the ISIS
convoy of Toyota trucks/SUVs they are always using in their propaganda
videos. Depleted uranium 20mm does wonders to unarmored vehicles,
never mind the tanks/APC's....

TheHumanAlphabet
2/5/2015, 09:16 AM
Rock, I agree with you. A couple of MOABs would work as well. Napalm is good as well...

Sooner in Tampa
2/5/2015, 10:39 AM

Rock...the A10s are still flying...just not as many or as many sorties. They are still out there!! LOVE that aircraft.

rock on sooner
2/5/2015, 12:42 PM
Rock...the A10s are still flying...just not as many or as many sorties. They are still out there!! LOVE that aircraft.

Great news! I thought I read where the A10 was being pulled....I
just googled it and saw that it may be extended to 2028.....Put that
puppy in the theatre...I was wrong, though, 30mm not 20mm but
DU opens up tanks/APC's like a can opener opens chopped chiles for
nachos!!!!! I have to believe that our technology can find those
columns....just wish we'd take off the gloves....

Soonerjeepman
2/5/2015, 01:11 PM
I don't think we will ever take off the gloves anymore....ugh/

I do think we should fight smarter, but we are always too worried about what the enemy thinks...who GAF.

rock on sooner
2/5/2015, 01:15 PM

I do think we should fight smarter, but we are always too worried about what the enemy thinks...who GAF.

With this bunch, going gloveless is all they seem to understand. Gotta hand
it to Jordan, though, wasted no time at all on "eye for an eye"..lots of talk
about ISIS really screwing up this time, even the Muslim world is turning
against them.....

Sooner in Tampa
2/5/2015, 01:22 PM

Sadly, I agree. The last time we really 'pulled off the gloves' was Fallujah in Iraq. Gen Mattis told the Marines to take a 'scorched earth policy'!! We sent flyers into the town and told them...We are coming to take this town on this date...if you are still here you are considered an enemy combatant and you will be killed! Problem solved!!

This President doesn't have the balls to take that approach.

rock on sooner
2/5/2015, 02:17 PM
Sadly, I agree. The last time we really 'pulled off the gloves' was Fallujah in Iraq. Gen Mattis told the Marines to take a 'scorched earth policy'!! We sent flyers into the town and told them...We are coming to take this town on this date...if you are still here you are considered an enemy combatant and you will be killed! Problem solved!!

Ummm, could we do that to Syria? ...the whole dayum country, just don't
let Assad leave, though...you know, if we did, I bet that Iran would fall in
line. We could put Israel on a leash with the promise that if Iran hiccups,
well, you know....:-)...

Turd_Ferguson
2/5/2015, 02:37 PM
Ummm, could we do that to Syria? ...the whole dayum country, just don't
let Assad leave, though...you know, if we did, I bet that Iran would fall in
line. We could put Israel on a leash with the promise that if Iran hiccups,
well, you know....:-)...

You're not going to get Israel on a leash. Especially with how brack's been with Bibi.

rock on sooner
2/5/2015, 03:48 PM
You're not going to get Israel on a leash. Especially with how brack's been with Bibi.

You're prolly right, but, with the right incentive, ya never know...

Soonerjeepman
2/5/2015, 04:59 PM

so true....

Turd_Ferguson
2/5/2015, 07:03 PM
You're prolly right, but, with the right incentive, ya never know...

I don't think we have anything they need.

8timechamps
2/5/2015, 07:49 PM

The Warthog is still in service. I know there were A-10s deployed to Afghanistan as recently as late 2014, and I believe they are currently being deployed to Iraq.

There was a lot of talk about retiring them, but they proved to be essential and cannot be replaced. They are unmatched when it comes to CAS, and troops on the ground were up in arms when they got wind of the retirement talk.

Unless/until we develop an aircraft that can replace everything the A-10 does, it will remain in service.

8timechamps
2/5/2015, 07:52 PM

True, and I can't blame them. The issue in on their doorstep, and they need to handle things however they see fit. There was a time that they could count on the US to support their play, but I'm afraid that is not currently the case.

rock on sooner
2/5/2015, 08:50 PM
True, and I can't blame them. The issue in on their doorstep, and they need to handle things however they see fit. There was a time that they could count on the US to support their play, but I'm afraid that is not currently the case.

Welp, you guys might be right, but the fact of the matter is, so much goes
on behind the scenes and the fact is that in this world..Bibi and Barack are
at each other's throats (on the surface) but in the background they both want
the same thing....hence the "leash"...you can BET that if U.S. barks the Isrealis
will "growl", which the Arabs in the region rilly don't want.....jus sayin....

There are too many good things since 1948 between the US and Isreal to just
pi$$ off over something like what we see on the surface....now, I could be wrong
but I don't think so.....

olevetonahill
2/5/2015, 09:19 PM
Welp, you guys might be right, but the fact of the matter is, so much goes
on behind the scenes and the fact is that in this world..Bibi and Barack are
at each other's throats (on the surface) but in the background they both want
the same thing....hence the "leash"...you can BET that if U.S. barks the Isrealis
will "growl", which the Arabs in the region rilly don't want.....jus sayin....

There are too many good things since 1948 between the US and Isreal to just
pi$$ off over something like what we see on the surface....now, I could be wrong
but I don't think so.....

Sorry Bro but Brack aint gonna BARK at his Mooslum Brothers, He backs them and shats on the Israelis.
After Brack leaves and we can get at least a moderate in the WH it will be 2 years before we can get that shathole settled down any

Brack loves his Mooslum brothers !

TheHumanAlphabet
2/6/2015, 11:43 AM
Did I read that King Abullah from Jordan flew sorties to hit ISIS himself. Well, if true, that's a bad *** MOFO we need to think about supporting...not The Leftist or Limpist riding his bicycle with his Jordache jeans, a girl's bike and bent in knees...

SoonerProphet
2/6/2015, 11:47 AM
Yeah, the descendent of the prophet is one of the good Mooslem brothers we can get behind.

rock on sooner
2/6/2015, 11:47 AM
Did I read that King Abullah from Jordan flew sorties to hit ISIS himself. Well, if true, that's a bad *** MOFO we need to think about supporting...not The Leftist or Limpist riding his bicycle with his Jordache jeans, a girl's bike and bent in knees...

I just googled that and it appears that he did not fly against ISIS.
But, that makes for a helluva story!

TheHumanAlphabet
2/6/2015, 12:46 PM
Appreciate the update, I thought that a bit far-fetched...but too lazy to Bing/Google it. he aparently is a fighter pilot as I have been told...

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2015, 02:16 PM
Appreciate the update, I thought that a bit far-fetched...but too lazy to Bing/Google it. he aparently is a fighter pilot as I have been told...

Bomber. I believe he's a bomber pilot.

olevetonahill
2/6/2015, 02:23 PM
Bomber. I believe he's a bomber pilot.

helicopter pilot

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/jordan/11394038/King-Abdullah-of-Jordan-a-warrior-and-a-biker-but-is-he-a-statesman.html

rock on sooner
2/6/2015, 02:43 PM
helicopter pilot

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/jordan/11394038/King-Abdullah-of-Jordan-a-warrior-and-a-biker-but-is-he-a-statesman.html

Yup, Cobra attack chopper

Turd_Ferguson
2/6/2015, 06:44 PM
So, we go from an F-4 pilot to a Schwinn pilot. Nice.

http://static.onepoliticalplaza.com/upload/2014/4/27/1398575412805-george_w_bush_fighter_pilot_f_102.jpg

http://www.streetsblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/06_16/obama_bike.jpg