PDA

View Full Version : recruit commits

olevetonahill
2/3/2015, 01:14 AM
Can Yall tell me why you get so excited?
a Kid says "I'm going to Oklahoma" and every one pees their pants , another Kid says "I switch" " I aint going to LSU" Ima going to OKLAHOMA" and every one Pees their pants, Then some 5 star dude says " I changed my mind" " I aint going to OU. ima go to west Phfilbrooke"

Please Until these Kids ever hit the field , Who CARES? :cupcake:

TheUnnamedSooner
2/3/2015, 01:17 AM
Gives us some optimism and something to talk about in the offseason. Sure beats sitting around bitchin about obama.

Alum81
2/3/2015, 08:16 AM
Please Until these Kids ever hit the field , Who CARES? :cupcake:

obviously alot of "yall" people seem to care

Sooner8th
2/3/2015, 08:32 AM
Can Yall tell me why you get so excited? a Kid says "I'm going to Oklahoma" and every one pees their pants , another Kid says "I switch" " I aint going to LSU" Ima going to OKLAHOMA" and every one Pees their pants, Then some 5 star dude says " I changed my mind" " I aint going to OU. ima go to west Phfilbrooke" Please Until these Kids ever hit the field , Who CARES? :cupcake:You mean other than the fact the recruiting is the life blood of any program?

cherokeebrewer
2/3/2015, 08:33 AM
Recruiting is the lifeblood a lot y'all.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/3/2015, 11:57 AM
You mean other than the fact the recruiting is the life blood of any program?THREE CHEERS! You said something that non leftists can agree with.

BoulderSooner79
2/3/2015, 12:28 PM
Because so many posters are guys experiencing BPH, so they are ready to pee at a moments notice.

jdsooner
2/3/2015, 03:55 PM
Because we want to be in the top 20 in something?

rock on sooner
2/3/2015, 04:32 PM
Because we want to be in the top 20 in something?

Last I saw, we're ranked # 17, but this was before the last three commits...

FaninAma
2/3/2015, 04:57 PM
Because without good players Bob might have to live in a house under 10,000 square feet.

8timechamps
2/3/2015, 09:42 PM
I love any/everything to do with OU football. I follow recruiting because I want to know what the future of the program will look like and once a kid starts to contribute, it's nice to know something about him. It's also a good way to get through the off-season.

I've been following recruiting since before the internet. Having all of the information available online has been great, but it can also be misleading...but I digress.

My interest in recruiting ends with research. I have never/will never contact a recruit in person. To me, that's just crazy (unless your the same age as the guy, or know him). I see a lot of that going on, and much of it is harmless, but some of it is not. There are definitely people out there that take it to the extreme.

olevetonahill
2/3/2015, 09:56 PM
I can see yer Points, I just dont have that curiosity level i guess.
These Kids Make a verbal an everyone gets excited then he decommits and every ones sad then he makes a Verbal to another skool and every one there gets all happy pants.

Or we land a 5 star and he fizzles out in the off season never to be seen or heard from again,

To each his own I reckon.:fox:

8timechamps
2/3/2015, 10:07 PM
I can see yer Points, I just dont have that curiosity level i guess.
These Kids Make a verbal an everyone gets excited then he decommits and every ones sad then he makes a Verbal to another skool and every one there gets all happy pants.

Or we land a 5 star and he fizzles out in the off season never to be seen or heard from again,

To each his own I reckon.:fox:

I never get worked up either way. It makes me happy when a kid commits (especially if he's a highly regarded player), but I don't get bent out of shape when they de-commit, or end up elsewhere.

They're 18 year old kids with the attention span of a fly. I don't lose sleep if they change their mind. Some folks do though, and I don't understand that behavior.

swardboy
2/3/2015, 11:04 PM
...because we're looking for the next AD, or Boz, or Bradford or Dupree. Before they were stars, they were.....RECRUITS! Hope springs eternal.

Natural part of the process.

2/4/2015, 12:33 AM
...because we're looking for the next AD, or Boz, or Bradford or Dupree. Before they were stars, they were.....RECRUITS! Hope springs eternal.

Natural part of the process.OU fans gonna OU. After tomorrow's National Signing Day, the Offseason is OFFICIAL, unfortunately. nearly 7 months of both the cold and the hot, bleak days of non college football. THE HORROR!!!

Scott D
2/4/2015, 12:28 PM
I love any/everything to do with OU football. I follow recruiting because I want to know what the future of the program will look like and once a kid starts to contribute, it's nice to know something about him. It's also a good way to get through the off-season.

I've been following recruiting since before the internet. Having all of the information available online has been great, but it can also be misleading...but I digress.

My interest in recruiting ends with research. I have never/will never contact a recruit in person. To me, that's just crazy (unless your the same age as the guy, or know him). I see a lot of that going on, and much of it is harmless, but some of it is not. There are definitely people out there that take it to the extreme.

that alabama fan that got ahold of the cell number of an auburn commit this year comes to mind.

2/4/2015, 02:35 PM
We got enough talent, combined with the players already on the team, to perform at a championship level, if the coaching is also there.

Jason White's Third Knee
2/6/2015, 08:01 AM
I was watching the "top 15 wildest signing day videos of all time" yesterday. I recognized one kid. Jimmy Clausen.

So... Where are those prima donnas now? Some kids peak in HS and their attitudes go along with it. I'm sorry that we missed out on that O lineman from Oklahoma though.

Therealsouthsider
2/6/2015, 08:19 AM
....some buy a hat and flip on the tv a few Saturdays every Fall and call themselves a fan....while others buy season tickets and enjoy following the program

ss