PDA

View Full Version : Another fine moment for Obama

okie52
1/27/2015, 11:11 AM
Army Officer: Bergdahl Charged With Desertion, WH Wants It Kept Quiet
Monday, 26 Jan 2015 11:06 PM
By Greg Richter

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl has been charged with desertion, but the White House is trying to keep the story under wraps, a retired Army officer said Monday on Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor."

An Army report on Bergdhal was finished in October, but has yet to be released. White House Deputy National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes is trying to keep the information from becoming public because it would embarrass President Barack Obama, said Lt. Col. Tony Schaffer.

Bergdahl walked away from his camp in Afghanistan in June 2009 and was captured by the Taliban. He was held for five years until he was traded for five Taliban leaders being held by the United States at Guantanamo Bay last summer.

Some of Bergdahl's platoon-mates publicly criticized the trade, saying Bergdahl had abandoned his unit and placed the lives of his comrades in danger when they searched fruitlessly for him.

Shaffer told Fox News he has confirmed that the investigation concluded that Bergdahl's key violation was desertion, and that he will face a military court martial.

"This has been done. The decision has been made," Schaffer said. "Let me be very clear. As a corporate entity, the Army has decided that they want to pursue Bergdahl for this violation."

But, Schaffer said, the White House is attempting to keep the information from being made public because it would embarrass Obama, who brought Bergdahl's parents to the White House for a Rose Garden announcement of the release.

"This is shaping up to be titanic struggle behind the scenes," Shaffer said. The Army here wants to do the right thing."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/Bowe-Bergdahl-desertion-deserter-Army/2015/01/26/id/620866/#ixzz3Q2Sd4PJD

Sooner in Tampa
1/27/2015, 12:10 PM
Well, that worked out well for the powers that be...didn't it?

Fvcking disgrace!!

Turd_Ferguson
1/27/2015, 12:26 PM
**** that pindayho.

SoonerProphet
1/27/2015, 01:11 PM
The Army says there is no truth to media reports claiming a decision has been made to charge Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl with desertion.

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/crime/2015/01/27/bergdahl-army-update-false-reports/22396367/

Turd_Ferguson
1/27/2015, 01:42 PM
The Army says there is no truth to media reports claiming a decision has been made to charge Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl with desertion.

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/crime/2015/01/27/bergdahl-army-update-false-reports/22396367/

From your article.

NBC News, citing an anonymous senior defense official, is also reporting a desertion charge is coming, possibly within the week.

olevetonahill
1/27/2015, 02:06 PM
Nuther article
http://newsok.com/army-sgt.-bowe-bergdahl-to-be-charged-with-desertion-officials-say/article/5388158
Remember at least 3 soldiers DIED trying to Find this bucket of slug slime. Get him out of the Uniform and into stripes ASAP.

SoonerProphet
1/27/2015, 02:08 PM
From your article.

Seems like a Charlie Foxtrot.

olevetonahill
1/27/2015, 02:14 PM
Seems like a Charlie Foxtrot.

By a bunch of REMFs

okie52
1/27/2015, 03:15 PM
Army Says No Actions, Decision in Bergdahl Investigation
Tuesday, 27 Jan 2015 02:23 PM

No actions or decisions have been made in the investigation of Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, who was released last year in a prisoner swap with the Taliban after disappearing from his base in Afghanistan in 2009, a U.S. Army spokesman said on Tuesday.

Major General Ronald Lewis, head of public affairs for the U.S. Army, also said in the statement that media reports published earlier on Tuesday about the case "patently false."

NBC News earlier reported that Bergdahl would be charged with desertion, citing senior defense officials. (Reporting by Susan Heavey and David Alexander; Editing by Bill Trott)

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/bergdahl-no-decision-army/2015/01/27/id/621020/#ixzz3Q3Qkjod1

This is a pretty strong denial by the Army.

Of course, there isn't a whole lot of doubt IMO about Bergdahl deserting....just remains to be seen how bad the Obama "Bergdahl" deal will look.

SoonerProphet
1/27/2015, 03:32 PM
Seems to have become a politicized pile of dog sh!t.

SoonerProphet
1/27/2015, 03:35 PM
Also sounds like Lt. Col. Shaffer, along with many other former military pundits, needs to keep his mouth shut.

rock on sooner
1/27/2015, 03:39 PM
Article 85 section 3c of the UCMJ states that desertion in time of war
is punishable by death or what the court-martial may direct.

Just guessing here but the Army will prosecute and convict. Sentence
is the big question mark...5 years as a POW will be considered...there
may be further incarceration but, again a guess, the powers that be
will exert extreme pressure so the CIC isn't embarrassed...Bergdahl
will be busted all the way, dishonorable discharge and will fade into
the dark.

Since the Army has had him on a desk during the investigation, he
hasn't been considered a flight risk or a danger to himself or his unit.

Again, just guessing on my part.....

okie52
1/27/2015, 03:58 PM
Seems to have become a politicized pile of dog sh!t.

Obama politicized from the start...I'll bet he regrets the rose garden ceremony.

okie52
1/27/2015, 04:01 PM
Article 85 section 3c of the UCMJ states that desertion in time of war
is punishable by death or what the court-martial may direct.

Just guessing here but the Army will prosecute and convict. Sentence
is the big question mark...5 years as a POW will be considered...there
may be further incarceration but, again a guess, the powers that be
will exert extreme pressure so the CIC isn't embarrassed...Bergdahl
will be busted all the way, dishonorable discharge and will fade into
the dark.

Since the Army has had him on a desk during the investigation, he
hasn't been considered a flight risk or a danger to himself or his unit.

Again, just guessing on my part.....

I'll bet he won't do any time...maybe a loss of benefits/pay grade and being shuttled out of the army. You know the Obama administration will pushing to get Bergdahl off.

olevetonahill
1/27/2015, 04:22 PM
Benghazi /Bergdahl. Whats the difference? This admin will cover it up and stall it till it stinks so bad no one can touch it. Just get that Mother****er out of the Uniform.

rock on sooner
1/27/2015, 04:33 PM
I'll bet he won't do any time...maybe a loss of benefits/pay grade and being shuttled out of the army. You know the Obama administration will pushing to get Bergdahl off.

I researched a little farther into Article 85...there is built in defense
tactics that a smart lawyer can inject into the court-martial to create
enough doubt that the five years as a POW winds up as "time served"
so you're most likely right, Okie. If he gets a DD then there'll be no
benefits for him to claim, even POW benefits, if they exist. With a DD
he'll be a pariah in civilian life, too....

olevetonahill
1/27/2015, 04:44 PM
I researched a little farther into Article 85...there is built in defense
tactics that a smart lawyer can inject into the court-martial to create
enough doubt that the five years as a POW winds up as "time served"
so you're most likely right, Okie. If he gets a DD then there'll be no
benefits for him to claim, even POW benefits, if they exist. With a DD
he'll be a pariah in civilian life, too....

His status shouldnt be Former POW it should be Former Collaborator!

olevetonahill
1/27/2015, 04:47 PM
Heh The Tali****inban know what to call him

http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/11/taliban-bowe-bergdahl-desertion/

rock on sooner
1/27/2015, 05:01 PM
It appears that the Taliban just wants to stir the pot....why would they say
that stuff after they got 5 of their own in return for Bergdahl?

SoonerProphet
1/27/2015, 05:37 PM
Obama politicized from the start...I'll bet he regrets the rose garden ceremony.

Well yeah, he is a politician. And on that note, I doubt he has any regrets.

FaninAma
1/27/2015, 06:45 PM

I think you're right. I think Obama is a partisan eltitist who habors a deep resentment against the dominant culture in this country that was formed during his adolescent and young adult years. I doubt he gives a damn that he pisses anybody off that doesn't view the political issues the way he does. I am thankful he is term limited and the damage he can do to the already damaged political systems in this country are limited. He truly did not run for the Presidency to lead this country. He ran for the Presidency to change the culture and force what he believes down the throats of everybody he disagrees with. Every petty swipe he takes at the opposition screams disdain and loathing for their positions and for them personally.

He is a partisan with a chip on his shoulder who, thanks to the low-information voters in this country, holds the most powerful office in the world. I am also convinced that due to his extensive cannabis habit when younger he probably has a couple of serious personality disorders....narcicisstic and passive-aggressive to name two.

Soonerjeepman
1/28/2015, 01:57 PM
okay, so former military guys...

yes on desertion? I'd say yes. Who cares he got caught by the Taliban. I guess the embarrassment is obama tried to play this as "I'm trying to get a US soldier out of the hands of the enemy" knowing he was a deserter?

I say charge him, then tell obama he screwed up.

Soonerjeepman
1/28/2015, 01:59 PM
force what he believes [/B]down the throats of everybody he disagrees with. .

I disagree....he is doing what he is told...he represents something else...

He comes from a rookie senator to POTUS...right.

rock on sooner
1/28/2015, 02:10 PM
okay, so former military guys...

yes on desertion? I'd say yes. Who cares he got caught by the Taliban. I guess the embarrassment is obama tried to play this as "I'm trying to get a US soldier out of the hands of the enemy" knowing he was a deserter?

I say charge him, then tell obama he screwed up.

It certainly looks like he deserted, so, yeah, charge him so that the facts
come out. His platoon buddies sure were quick to label him, and it is
hard to fool the guys with whom you serve. I think it is a leap, though,
to suggest Obama made a five for one trade, knowing that he is likely
a deserter.

olevetonahill
1/28/2015, 02:49 PM
It certainly looks like he deserted, so, yeah, charge him so that the facts
come out. His platoon buddies sure were quick to label him, and it is
hard to fool the guys with whom you serve. I think it is a leap, though,
to suggest Obama made a five for one trade, knowing that he is likely
a deserter.

yes Jeep he is a worthless Bucket of slug scum who got at least Soldiers killed trying to find his worthless ***. GETR him out of that Uniform, give him a DD and a loss of any and All back pay.
Then make him serve 5 years Minimum as and orderly in a VA hospital where true heros are.
Have i said I cant stand that worthless ****er?

Now Rock Obammy did do a 5 fer 1 swap.If he dint KNOW Scum bucket was a deserter then hes dumber than 8th.

okie52
1/28/2015, 03:07 PM

Politicians don't like to look bad....I think he didn't dig very deep on Bergdahl and never expected the backlash.

Soonerjeepman
1/28/2015, 03:18 PM
yes Jeep he is a worthless Bucket of slug scum who got at least Soldiers killed trying to find his worthless ***. GETR him out of that Uniform, give him a DD and a loss of any and All back pay.
Then make him serve 5 years Minimum as and orderly in a VA hospital where true heros are.
Have i said I cant stand that worthless ****er?

Now Rock Obammy did do a 5 fer 1 swap.If he dint KNOW Scum bucket was a deserter then hes dumber than 8th.

yup

SoonerProphet
1/28/2015, 04:35 PM
Politicians don't like to look bad....I think he didn't dig very deep on Bergdahl and never expected the backlash.

Exactly, he is not going to come off like he has any regrets over it. Pretty sure he was aware people would freak the f out, just look at our little microcosm here at SF.

Soonerjeepman
1/28/2015, 04:37 PM
Exactly, he is not going to come off like he has any regrets over it. Pretty sure he was aware people would freak the f out, just look at our little microcosm here at SF.

he doesn't have ANY regrets...really surprised he backed off taxing the 529 plans. I'm not "wealthy"...60K a year, and my kids both benefit from it.

rock on sooner
1/28/2015, 04:40 PM
Jeep and Vet could well be correct about his "dumbnees" but I would ask you
both to think back to Vet's jungle trip and about how much Westmoreland and
his cronies withheld from the CIC and America in general about that CF. My only
point here is it is possible for the CIC to NOT know all the facts. I'd go so far as
to chuckle some about how many sphincters are puckered up about this mess
cause it sure as hell is gonna get messy! Jus sayin'

rock on sooner
1/28/2015, 04:45 PM
he doesn't have ANY regrets...really surprised he backed off taxing the 529 plans. I'm not "wealthy"...60K a year, and my kids both benefit from it.

I'm not surprised he backed off, his head cleared from the glue he was sniffing...
RILLY a dumbass proposal, to begin with....btw, my grandkids will benefit from
the 529's...sure wish they'd been around 32 years ago when my first born came
along.....

olevetonahill
1/28/2015, 10:31 PM
Jeep and Vet could well be correct about his "dumbnees" but I would ask you
both to think back to Vet's jungle trip and about how much Westmoreland and
his cronies withheld from the CIC and America in general about that CF. My only
point here is it is possible for the CIC to NOT know all the facts. I'd go so far as
to chuckle some about how many sphincters are puckered up about this mess
cause it sure as hell is gonna get messy! Jus sayin'

It wernt Westmoreland perse It was LBJ
Dont matter, I went, I fired off some rounds and I came HOME! Thats ALL that ****in matters to ME!
Obammy is a ****in EMPTY suit that some rich bastards got elected.
Seriously If Yall think a DEM or a Pub that YOU or I vote for will make a difference Then yer Dumber than 8th
Hes a POS !

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/28/2015, 11:55 PM
Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma;4930447 He ran for the Presidency to change the culture and force what he believes down the throats of everybody he disagrees with. .
I disagree....he is doing what he is told...he represents something else...
So, who do you think is pulling his strings, and why does he serve that entity(IYHO)?

Soonerjeepman
1/29/2015, 01:38 PM
I'm not surprised he backed off, his head cleared from the glue he was sniffing...
RILLY a dumbass proposal, to begin with....btw, my grandkids will benefit from
the 529's...sure wish they'd been around 32 years ago when my first born came
along.....

lol...yup. and yes, I'm pretty sure it's going to get a lot messier (the other post).

Soonerjeepman
1/29/2015, 01:43 PM
Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma;4930447 He ran for the Presidency to change the culture and force what he believes down the throats of everybody he disagrees with. .So, who do you think is pulling his strings, and why does he serve that entity(IYHO)?

someone or some group. Honestly how did a young senator, that really didn't do much as a senator, get from that to the POTUS....just doesn't seem possible. George Soros? (sp?) I really hate to jump into the conspiracy theories...but it really just seem like he could have made that jump without major help from someone or group. (not just the dem party either)

As far as why? money, power, being takin care of the rest of his life....I do know clinton and the libs want a one world gov...which plays into his hands perfectly...

Let the dollar drop, make a deal with China/Russia...for their currency. We did have the collapse of the stock market in '29 who says it won't happen again.

olevetonahill
1/29/2015, 02:05 PM
someone or some group. Honestly how did a young senator, that really didn't do much as a senator, get from that to the POTUS....just doesn't seem possible. George Soros? (sp?) I really hate to jump into the conspiracy theories...but it really just seem like he could have made that jump without major help from someone or group. (not just the dem party either)

As far as why? money, power, being takin care of the rest of his life....I do know clinton and the libs want a one world gov...which plays into his hands perfectly...

Let the dollar drop, make a deal with China/Russia...for their currency. We did have the collapse of the stock market in '29 who says it won't happen again.

Yup the Old story of Follow the money!
How in hell did he raise 800 mil or what ever the amount was the 1st time?