PDA

View Full Version : Ya gonna watch the Obammy show tonight?

olevetonahill
1/20/2015, 09:11 AM
Vote away and let us know how ya feel
Gonna make it open so folks can see who voted how, Course I think we know how most will.

olevetonahill
1/21/2015, 08:09 PM
So seriously, DID anyone watch and listen? did he have anything good to say?

SicEmBaylor
1/21/2015, 08:37 PM
I haven't missed a SOTU since 1994.

SicEmBaylor
1/21/2015, 08:38 PM

I approve of what he said regarding the normalizing of diplomatic relations with Cuba, and his reiteration of his promise to veto any new sanctions against Iran. Normalizing relations with both countries is the right way to go.

rock on sooner
1/21/2015, 09:23 PM

Yup, Vet, I watched, I listened, I marveled at how disciplined the Pubs were on
obvious applause lines (e.g. stonefaced, sitting on their hands as a group). The
smirks when anything about tax cuts/raises was mentioned, closing Gitmo,
finding common ground, any mention of veto if the Prez didn't like the bill...all
the general, normal Pub/Dem differences that come along on every SOTU. I
especially watched the current rising Pub star from Iowa do a really good job of
not screwing up the Pub response like Jindal and Rubio did.

In all candor, not one freakin' thing is gonna change for the next two years, it is
still gonna be McConnell/Boehner doing all they can to undo ANY thing that Obama
did...the ACA (you know the "failed" health care action...still haven't found a Pub to
tell me how 10+ million new insured, no previous illnesses being turned down, billions
saved by seniors on the dough nut hole being closed, countless kids being able to stay
on parents' insurance, lowest health care costs increase in fifty years meets the
definition of "failed". More importantly, I haven't found a Pub to tell me what they are
going to replace the ACA with, if, after fifty one votes to do so, manage to repeal the
ACA. AWWW, I know these are old talking points and I know the flames that will soon
follow....

Obama gave a strong, "I want to help the middle class" speech. He even asked for
Congressional authorization to go after ISIS/ISIL/or whatever they call themselves
militarily! I think the bottom line is that Obama was in the Pub's face because of
an improving economy, highest approval ratings in a long time (50% approval in the
Washington Post/ABC poll) and a growing confidence level from the country in general.
He will continue to push for all the things he's wanted for six years and the Pubs will
push back.

So, at the end of the day, it is S S D D!

Curly Bill
1/21/2015, 09:34 PM
obvious applause lines (e.g. stonefaced, sitting on their hands as a group). The
finding common ground, any mention of veto if the Prez didn't like the bill...all
especially watched the current rising Pub star from Iowa do a really good job of

In all candor, not one freakin' thing is gonna change for the next two years, it is
still gonna be McConnell/Boehner doing all they can to undo ANY thing that Obama
did...the ACA (you know the "failed" health care action...still haven't found a Pub to
tell me how 10+ million new insured, no previous illnesses being turned down, billions
saved by seniors on the dough nut hole being closed, countless kids being able to stay
on parents' insurance, lowest health care costs increase in fifty years meets the
definition of "failed". More importantly, I haven't found a Pub to tell me what they are
going to replace the ACA with, if, after fifty one votes to do so, manage to repeal the
ACA. AWWW, I know these are old talking points and I know the flames that will soon
follow....

Obama gave a strong, "I want to help the middle class" speech. He even asked for
Congressional authorization to go after ISIS/ISIL/or whatever they call themselves
militarily! I think the bottom line is that Obama was in the Pub's face because of
an improving economy, highest approval ratings in a long time (50% approval in the
Washington Post/ABC poll) and a growing confidence level from the country in general.
He will continue to push for all the things he's wanted for six years and the Pubs will
push back.

You got a tingle down your leg typing that didn't you?

SicEmBaylor
1/21/2015, 09:38 PM

follow....

push back.

The difference between ISIS/ISIL is the geographic area of operations.

rock on sooner
1/21/2015, 09:41 PM
You got a tingle down your leg typing that didn't you?

Heh, welp, S S D D is a tingling type phrase, doncha know!?

olevetonahill
1/21/2015, 10:12 PM
I haven't missed a SOTU since 1994.

I might have watched 3 er so in that time.
Like Rock said SSDD

These sorry assed politicians are gonna do what their handlers tell em .

REDREX
1/22/2015, 08:29 PM
I believe the ratings were the lowest in 16 years----People are sick of Obama, Sick of Washington and Big Gov't

olevetonahill
1/22/2015, 09:00 PM
I believe the ratings were the lowest in 16 years----People are sick of Obama, Sick of Washington and Big Gov't

Besides who wants to watch? We all know how those ******s lie!

hawaii 5-0
1/22/2015, 09:26 PM
I went to sleep later that night with visions of breadsacks.

Excellent response. Breadsacks.

5-0