PDA

View Full Version : Fire Lincoln Riley!!!

TrophyCollector
1/12/2015, 06:55 PM
I'm surprised this thread hadn't been opened already.

CatfishSooner
1/12/2015, 07:08 PM
that didn't take long...

TrophyCollector
1/12/2015, 08:22 PM
The guy hasn't produced a single first down since he's been here. Probably the second worst OC in school history (after Joe Dickinson).

Eielson
1/12/2015, 08:28 PM
!!

PalmBeachSooner
1/12/2015, 08:29 PM
I'm surprised this thread hadn't been opened already.

I watched the you tube video that had all of the ECU offensive plays against Virginny Tech. There were a LOT of negative plays. The ECU O-Line struggled and the ECU QB was under duress almost every time he dropped back. They were held to 10 points. The ECU QB reminded me of TK in a lot of ways and it makes me wonder if Bob isn't still enamored with TK and he believes Riley is the man to make TK a super star. I really don't know. I do know that I made a lot of money betting on ECU early on in the season. They could put up some points, but it was against inferior competition.

When coaches evaluate HS talent they consider the level of competition they played against. At least they should. Why shouldn't that apply to potential coaching hires?

Eielson
1/12/2015, 08:33 PM
They could put up some points, but it was against inferior competition.

As far as I'm concerned, UNC and Cincinnati are superior competition in comparison to ECU.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=400547669

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=400547710

tycat947
1/12/2015, 08:48 PM
Wait til the Tenn game in Knoxville!

TrophyCollector
1/12/2015, 09:10 PM
At least we'll have team identity now - running the spread offense and the spread defense.

8timechamps
1/12/2015, 09:19 PM
The guy hasn't produced a single first down since he's been here. Probably the second worst OC in school history (after Joe Dickinson).

No kidding, and I'm getting pissed off at his lack of respect for the fans. He hasn't even done a single radio show. What a jerk!

Eielson
1/12/2015, 09:37 PM
It's been over 24 hours. Can I at least get a tweet?!

Therealsouthsider
1/12/2015, 09:56 PM
....I don't necessarily want him fired but I would appreciate it if Boren would step in and suspend him for the upcoming season

ss

BB37
1/12/2015, 09:57 PM
Yep, this is a Sooner message board...

TrophyCollector
1/12/2015, 10:01 PM
Yep, this is a Sooner message board...
National Championship or you're fired...This is Oklahoma football!

aurorasooner
1/12/2015, 10:16 PM
Hopefully that *&^%&() meerkat offense won't make a reappearance next year.

It'll be interesting next year to see if it was Heupel's turtle-slow brain or our booth to sideline dial-up network protocol that was causing our unexplainable problems of simply getting an offensive play called in a reasonable amount of time. If you wait that long for a play-call, you damn sure don't want to see some ridiculous call like a belly-handoff up the middle being stuffed for no gain, especially in crunch time.

Sooner8th
1/12/2015, 10:37 PM
Hopefully that *&^%&() meerkat offense won't make a reappearance next year. It'll be interesting next year to see if it was Heupel's turtle-slow brain or our booth to sideline dial-up network protocol that was causing our unexplainable problems of simply getting an offensive play called in a reasonable amount of time. If you wait that long for a play-call, you damn sure don't want to see some ridiculous call like a belly-handoff up the middle being stuffed for no gain, especially in crunch time.It will be an upgrade if we come out of a timeout and have the right personnel package on the field.

TrophyCollector
1/12/2015, 10:47 PM
It will be an upgrade if we come out of a timeout and have the right personnel package on the field.

Don't worry, Lincoln will be our navigator.

bluedogok
1/12/2015, 11:12 PM
It will be an upgrade if we come out of a timeout and have the right personnel package on the field.
Should've had a Twister mat....

SoCalBigRed
1/12/2015, 11:25 PM
TrophyCollector wins the Internets today!!! :applouse:

SoCalBigRed
1/12/2015, 11:34 PM
I watched a YouTube video, from a completely different team, in a completely different conference, completely different personnel... and he blows chunks...

I'm certain he won't grow as a coach and at his advanced age, will have difficulty adapting to new situations. I'm sure he doesn't have any ideas, that he might work into a different system, under a different coaching regime...

/sarcasm

Eielson
1/12/2015, 11:37 PM
I don't like Lincoln. Not balanced enough. I like what tOSU is doing right now, so I think we should make a strong run to hire Urban Meyer.

birddog
1/12/2015, 11:39 PM
Lincoln be gettin the keys to an '89 Cadillac Seville!

SicEmBaylor
1/12/2015, 11:40 PM
I don't like Lincoln. Not balanced enough. I like what tOSU is doing right now, so I think we should make a strong run to hire Urban Meyer.

Poke State would get really upset that you were hiring their coach out from under them. 'Dem Sooners done gone and be robbin' us!'

TrophyCollector
1/12/2015, 11:41 PM
Glad we didn't hire Scott Frost, what an idiot!

BoulderSooner79
1/12/2015, 11:41 PM
I watched a YouTube video, from a completely different team, in a completely different conference, completely different personnel... and he blows chunks...

I'm certain he won't grow as a coach and at his advanced age, will have difficulty adapting to new situations. I'm sure he doesn't have any ideas, that he might work into a different system, under a different coaching regime...

I'm glad somebody gets it.

birddog
1/12/2015, 11:45 PM
Fire Leslie 'O'Reilly?

Therealsouthsider
1/15/2015, 10:43 PM
....I hear he has mad time-out skills....can someone confirm?

ss

birddog
1/15/2015, 10:50 PM
It's called the OU rule. "O, U don't know what play you wanna run? Take your time and make sure you look to the coaches with 3 seconds left then smack every linemen's ***. Then call a timeout before you throw a pick or heave it into the stands."

TrophyCollector
1/15/2015, 11:04 PM
Hopefully he also has 4 square play cards with some really cool up-to-date pictures. Chumlee from Pawn Stars, a zombie from Walking Dead, a Smart Car and Kate Hudson.

Judge Smails
1/16/2015, 12:40 AM
Bonus points for anyone who identifies the movie this is from:

http://tshirtsonfilm.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/fasttimeskilllincolnshirt.png

tooslow
1/16/2015, 01:48 AM
Bonus points for anyone who identifies the movie this is from:

http://tshirtsonfilm.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/fasttimeskilllincolnshirt.png

Tackle by Jefferson. Destroyed by Jefferson. Jefferson. Jefferson. Jefferson..... lol

WA. Sooner
1/16/2015, 04:09 AM
My dad is a tv repair man and has an awesome set of tools. I can fix this

Turd_Ferguson
1/16/2015, 06:16 AM
Mister, if you don't shut up I'm gonna kick one hundred percent of your ***!

SoonerinSECland
1/16/2015, 09:20 AM
"Hi Brad, you know how cute I always thought you were." - Oh the memories from that quote.

FaninAma
1/16/2015, 09:47 AM
He should be fired for his stupid first name.

KantoSooner
1/16/2015, 09:48 AM
Pretty sure it wasn't his doing.

swardboy
1/16/2015, 10:17 AM
He's not even 40! He's not a man!!!

badger
1/16/2015, 11:16 AM
Cmon man. This is the board that likes to utter "Vulnerables" and "Chuck Third and Long." If we're gonna call for a coach's head, we should have made up an alternate name for him by now.

Nominees:
- Lincan't
- Lin****
- Blinkcon Hesitantly
- Bile-y
- Lincoln Third and a Mile-y

instigator
1/16/2015, 11:31 AM
- Lincoln Third and a Mile-y

WINNAR!

FaninAma
1/16/2015, 03:38 PM
Pretty sure it wasn't his doing.
Should've had it changed. Shows a definite lack of judgement. So I wonder if he had siblings named Buick, Chevy and Pontiac depending on their location of conception.

KantoSooner
1/16/2015, 04:12 PM
Could've been Washington, Jefferson and his sister Reagan

Therealsouthsider
1/16/2015, 10:01 PM
..... Smoke sliffs and live the life of Riley
Stay high and be so damn smiley

ss

SouthFortySooner
1/23/2015, 11:40 PM
I can predict without reservation that if he calls a run play he should have passed or if he calls a pass play we should have ran. Cause. I know stuff.

Therealsouthsider
1/24/2015, 12:07 AM
...OMG!... LosuR...LR...osu...LR...Lincoln Riley...LR........what does it all mean???

ss

TrophyCollector
9/12/2015, 06:28 PM
Bump

TrophyCollector
9/12/2015, 07:37 PM
Maybe we can find a wiz kid OC that has put up big numbers in an Asian football league.

Therealsouthsider
9/13/2015, 11:57 AM
Maybe we can find a wiz kid OC that has put up big numbers in an Asian football league.

....no need to bring race into this, although the sideline play cards would be tough for opponents to decipher

ss

TrophyCollector
10/10/2015, 08:05 PM
Bump #2 of the season. Reminding us all that this offense is know for...

1) putting up Xbox numbers against weak teams
2) complete futility in the red zone
3) inability to control the clock

Maybe he'll get a head coaching gig next year and we can bring in Mangino to add a running game to it.

graphster
10/10/2015, 09:05 PM
We scored 2 touchdowns in the redzone, and kicked one field goal because the we couldn't complete open slant routes and didn't throw to a wide open back in the flat. Didn't seem to be completely futile in the redzone against Tennessee.

I don't think ball control was the issue today, given that we were behind the whole game and that our defense couldn't stop Texas from running a glorified Wildcat offense all down our throats game.

Our problems on offense are not scheme. We are not executing basic plays.

#8soon
10/10/2015, 09:26 PM
We scored 2 touchdowns in the redzone, and kicked one field goal because the we couldn't complete open slant routes and didn't throw to a wide open back in the flat. Didn't seem to be completely futile in the redzone against Tennessee.

I don't think ball control was the issue today, given that we were behind the whole game and that our defense couldn't stop Texas from running a glorified Wildcat offense all down our throats game.

Last yr we list Baker 6'2". This year he's 6'1" but he's 2-3" shorter than Trevor? The reality is the incredible shrinking Baker is 5'10 and he can't see the field from the pocket. Most of our passing this year has come from designed roll outs or from Baker being flushed. Texas contained him in the pocket today which resulted in hm holding the ball way to long. They just showed the rest of the Big 12 how to play us.

graphster
10/10/2015, 09:36 PM
Mayfield is a great competitor and makes a lot of plays when things break down, but he is not consistent from the pocket. Not that any of the guys we have on campus would do a better job.

TrophyCollector
10/10/2015, 09:43 PM

I was speaking of the Leach scheme in general. Maybe you weren't around in 99 or have caught a Wazzu gam in some time. My expectations are a bit higher than 24 points on Tennessee or playing a close game with Texas.

graphster
10/10/2015, 09:48 PM
I was speaking of the Leach scheme in general. Maybe you weren't around in 99 or have caught a Wazzu gam in some time. My expectations are a bit higher than 24 points on Tennessee or playing a close game with Texas.

This offense isn't anything close to what Leach ran.

I agree that the offense is not playing well. I don't think it would make a whole lot of difference what plays you call when you can't block anybody and when your QB and WRs are as inconsistent as ours have been all year.

Okie35
10/11/2015, 12:26 PM
Perine 10 carries 36 yards... I ephasize on only TEN CARRIES! We have to do better. I'm serious about the zone read we ran with a direct snap to mixon and Perine in the backfield... What happened to it after Tennessee?