PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want Stoops to hire for the OC job?

8timechamps
1/9/2015, 08:40 PM
These are the candidates that I've heard/read Stoops is interested in, however, I put "other" as an option, you can include your preference if he isn't listed.

You can pick more than one if you want a combination (i.e. Spavital as QB coach, Co-Coordinator/Meacham as WR coach, Co-Coordinator)

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2015, 09:15 PM
Not Mangino (just don't want to try to recapture the past again).

Eielson
1/9/2015, 09:20 PM
I was tempted to be a crybaby and put Other in there for McGee, but instead opted for Frost/Cumbie. I can dream, right?

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2015, 09:25 PM
I was tempted to be a crybaby and put Other in there for McGee, but instead opted for Frost/Cumbie. I can dream, right?

They are calling that a Frumbie on LT (but had another suggestion for Cumfrost).

olevetonahill
1/9/2015, 09:36 PM
Im still holding out hope fer Vince!

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2015, 09:48 PM
Im still holding out hope fer Vince!

Give it up Vet, Vince is holding out for an HC job.

Breadburner
1/9/2015, 09:48 PM
Spav/Cumbie....Spav-Oc/Cumbie-Co-Oc/Qb.....

Mazeppa
1/9/2015, 10:16 PM
I really don't know enough about any coordinator to have an opinion (like my opinion would matter anyway), so I just have to trust Bob on this one.

Soonerfan88
1/10/2015, 01:15 AM
I vote for Lincoln Riley as play-caller/WR and Sonnie Cumbie for QB.

Frost is a nice dream but I don't see him leaving Oregon for anything less than HC.

EatLeadCommie
1/10/2015, 03:10 AM
What about that dude from Akron that is supposedly in the mix?

olevetonahill
1/10/2015, 08:27 AM
Give it up Vet, Vince is holding out for an HC job.

But I can still Dream cant I?

yermom
1/10/2015, 10:24 AM
Maybe we can hold out for Leach

If he's not available, Nate did okay following Josh before

Therealsouthsider
1/10/2015, 01:56 PM
....I don't think Mangino would be 'yearning' for the past, I look at Mangino as a missing ingredient to an attitude that has been lacking for quite some time in Norman....during the era(s) of glory, no team wanted to see Oklahoma on their schedule, they shuddered at the thought of it....and now?

....one way I like to look at position coaches and coordinators is if I could imagine them on the staff of Wilkinson or Switzer...do they fit the image of tradition at Oklahoma? are they innovative and brash, daring? or are they looking over their shoulder? wondering how long they can carry on the charade?

....I hope we roll the dice on a brash and bold up-and-comer, someone who fits into tradition....like a young Bud or Barry....and even a young Bob Stoops

ss

8timechamps
1/10/2015, 08:58 PM
I vote for Lincoln Riley as play-caller/WR and Sonnie Cumbie for QB.

Frost is a nice dream but I don't see him leaving Oregon for anything less than HC.

I want to see Riley and Meacham. But, I wouldn't have any problem with Riley/Cumbie.

BoulderSooner79
1/10/2015, 10:13 PM
We'll get who we get and you'll like it.

8timechamps
1/10/2015, 10:27 PM
We'll get who we get and you'll like it.

No, no, no, NO!

Each candidate will meet with me in person. They will spend a day with me, as I study their habits, techniques and rituals. After that, we will take a 13 hour road trip, where I can analyze their behavior in a pressure (gas) filled situation. Only then, after exhaustive research, will I be comfortable recommending a candidate to Bob.

birddog
1/10/2015, 10:34 PM
You need to offer suggestions for play-calling style and how to develop the players for the system YOU prefer him to run to make it at Oklahoma. Also ask if he plans on taking vacations during the season. Then you can send him off to Bob. What did I forget?

BoulderSooner79
1/11/2015, 01:14 AM
No, no, no, NO!

Each candidate will meet with me in person. They will spend a day with me, as I study their habits, techniques and rituals. After that, we will take a 13 hour road trip, where I can analyze their behavior in a pressure (gas) filled situation. Only then, after exhaustive research, will I be comfortable recommending a candidate to Bob.

But I've already done those things. I guess Bob is being *super* careful on this hire.

cherokeebrewer
1/11/2015, 10:18 AM
I'm for Lincoln Riley/Sonny Cumbie combo with Riley the play caller...2 young rising stars.