PDA

View Full Version : Any Tom Cole Supporters Out There?

FaninAma
1/7/2015, 12:58 PM
If so please explain how you support this guy who is a walking caricature of the slimy , back room-dealing politician?

I did call his Norman office to express my disappointment with his public support of Boehner. When the office aid couldn't answer my questions on the phone she simply hung up on me. No yelling or abusive language on my part. Just questions and follow-up comments after she had answered.

okie52
1/7/2015, 01:37 PM
If so please explain how you support this guy who is a walking caricature of the slimy , back room-dealing politician?

I did call his Norman office to express my disappointment with his public support of Boehner. When the office aid couldn't answer my questions on the phone she simply hung up on me. No yelling or abusive language on my part. Just questions and follow-up comments after she had answered.

Years ago I used to like Tom but now he has become part of the pub establishment, moreso than I used to believe he was in the past. Hell, he even sent a letter to the NFL demanding the Redskins change their "offensive name".

FaninAma
1/7/2015, 02:19 PM
Years ago I used to like Tom but now he has become part of the pub establishment, moreso than I used to believe he was in the past. Hell, he even sent a letter to the NFL demanding the Redskins change their "offensive name".
He also seems to relish his role as one of John Boehner's hatchet men. He never hesitates to criticize Tea Party Congressman/Senators in public forums. Surely he will draw a legitimate primary opponent next election although the fact he has the huge pockets of the local Indian tribe supporting him may scare some possible opponents away.

okie52
1/7/2015, 02:53 PM
He also seems to relish his role as one of John Boehner's hatchet men. He never hesitates to criticize Tea Party Congressman/Senators in public forums. Surely he will draw a legitimate primary opponent next election although the fact he has the huge pockets of the local Indian tribe supporting him may scare some possible opponents away.

Yep, the tribe and being a long term incumbent will not get him many challengers.

FaninAma
1/8/2015, 10:50 AM
Yep, the tribe and being a long term incumbent will not get him many challengers.

I am of the opinion that the Indian tribes in this state are just a cesspool of unregulated money and get away with a lot of things a private corporation or even private citizen could not get away with. It wouldn't be so bad if they also didn't get tens of millions of dollars of direct taxpayer subsidies. It is obvious the equal protection clause of the Constitution does not apply to Indian tribes in this country.