PDA

View Full Version : Landthieves

Blue
1/7/2015, 02:58 AM
▶👆oklahoma landthieves message board👆◀ (http://raboninco.com/4W9G)

cherokeebrewer
1/7/2015, 09:52 AM
Shaggybevo wannabes...I agree with you.

KantoSooner
1/7/2015, 09:59 AM
Careful what you wish for. Not sure I want that bunch over here.

BetterSoonerThanLater
1/7/2015, 10:00 AM
Careful what you wish for. Not sure I want that bunch over here.

^ this. They can keep that garbage over there.

badger
1/7/2015, 10:02 AM
Some like Pepsi and some like Coke... and some like the off-brand stuff that Walmart sells after it goes flat.

Depending on which board you frequent is what you think your preference is and what other's are

okienole3
1/7/2015, 10:32 AM
What did they do?

cherokeebrewer
1/7/2015, 11:22 AM
What did they do?

They like to cuss just for the sake of cussing...They think it's cool. Mostly young and stupid.

BoulderSooner79
1/7/2015, 12:00 PM
What did they do?

There is a thread claiming that someone painted a derogatory message about Josh on a billboard in Norman and signed it "Landthieves". Not sure if that's true.

In general, it is a large subscriber base that will start a thread with a bit of useful information and then quickly degrade to attacking each other like they are mortal enemies. Keyboards do seem to dampen IQ a bit, but they take it to the extreme over there. If a visitor from outside lurks over there, they must come away with the feeling that OU fans are a bunch of morons.

birddog
1/7/2015, 12:06 PM
I sometimes click on certain threads. Other than that its a bunch of way too immature guys with not much to say. Atleast we only have two people like that on this board.

BlownGP
1/7/2015, 01:29 PM
Didnt even know there was another sooner football forum.....

Guess it should have stayed that way..lol

Sooner91ATL
1/7/2015, 01:37 PM
I am not a "fan" of any message board. Unfortunately I have an addiction to the Sooners, so I must check them incessantly each day. Landthieves has, in general, more diverse opinions and discussions than this board. Here, if you disagree with old guy what's his name, you pretty much can kiss a decent discussion goodbye.

Most boards have the same formula: 1) a thread is started with a halfway decent question or idea. 2) some people weigh in with thoughtful (mostly) opinions. 3) shortly, someone posts a childish disagreement and the personal attack flame war begins. End of thread. Happens here just as much as anywhere else. This board happens to be more personality driven than most, so non-mainstream (on this board) posters don't post too often.

LT has their own issues as well. All boards do. It would be great if we could talk football and absorb differing opinions, but I don't see it happening soon.

cherokeebrewer
1/7/2015, 01:43 PM
The young and stupid don't bother me much, but the total disrespect for others and gutter crudeness does. I stay clear of it...

SoonerStormchaser
1/7/2015, 01:49 PM
Remember when the OTHER site shut down back around 2009-2010 and their posters came here and (mostly) polluted the boards for a few months with stupid inside jokes and whatnot?

UberSooner
1/7/2015, 01:49 PM
I lurk there quite a bit. Haven't posted here for several years because a few posters that seem to live on this board tend to dominate the discussions and shout down dissent. This place is kinda Hornfans to Landthieve's Shaggybevo. Both have there good points and bad points but I don't post anywhere anymore and enjoy my time on the boards much more.

yankee
1/7/2015, 01:51 PM
Not a big fan of Landthieves, they try too hard to be like Shaggybevo. There's usually more happening over there though in terms of discussion (good or bad), so I read through from time to time.

Those in glass houses though...there's an actual 'internet posse' on this forum, so not sure anyone here has much room to talk about negative aspects of other boards, because that's about as dumb as dumb gets.

cherokeebrewer
1/7/2015, 02:11 PM
Those in glass houses though...there's an actual 'internet posse' on this forum.

You make a valid point about the dreaded...lol...'posse'. After all these years, the only thing I've figured is they must have friends in admin. It's the only logical explanation other than maybe they're the mascots, class clowns or court jesters.

Breadburner
1/7/2015, 02:17 PM
I like it.....!!!

EatLeadCommie
1/7/2015, 03:04 PM
Just because a board allows cussing doesn't make it a shaggybevo wannabe. I happen to enjoy unfiltered opinions.

cherokeebrewer
1/7/2015, 03:38 PM
Just because a board allows cussing doesn't make it a shaggybevo wannabe. I happen to enjoy unfiltered opinions.

While I'll agree sometimes a well placed cuss word might be needed to make a point, they cuss just for the sake cussin'...crass, crude and disrespectful. Each to his own-different strokes I suppose. I stay clear.

SoonerStormchaser
1/7/2015, 03:39 PM
You make a valid point about the dreaded...lol...'posse'. After all these years, the only thing I've figured is they must have friends in admin. It's the only logical explanation other than maybe they're the mascots, class clowns or court jesters.
Or people like me...

Eielson
1/7/2015, 03:39 PM
You can cuss on here, dumbasses.

KantoSooner
1/7/2015, 03:52 PM
No you can't f*ckface.

badger
1/7/2015, 03:58 PM
Shaggy shows ways to work around language filters...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?184086-2014-15-college-football-meltdowns&p=4868551&viewfull=1#post4868551

(the meltdown post from RRS last football season)

soonergirlNeugene
1/7/2015, 04:09 PM
This internet posse business must predate my time here. B/c every time I've seen it mentioned, it just looks like someone w/ an unpopular opinion has decided it's unpopular b/c there must be some sort of internet conspiracy..

BigDub
1/7/2015, 04:20 PM
LOL I tried to register for LANDTHIEVES and was denied? LOL

UberSooner
1/7/2015, 04:38 PM
This internet posse business must predate my time here. B/c every time I've seen it mentioned, it just looks like someone w/ an unpopular opinion has decided it's unpopular b/c there must be some sort of internet conspiracy..

No, it was a laughably true thing. Some of them typed with "hick" accents.

SoonerStormchaser
1/7/2015, 04:51 PM
It is...basically there is a "clique" of us (if you will) that post on another site...not related to this board. Well, some folks got their feathers ruffled awhile ago, and a few of the "posse" started spek wars (NTTAWWT, it's not like it's tangible crap anyways). So now it's all a vast conspiracy to a few folks on this board...the "posse" is out to get them.

birddog
1/7/2015, 04:56 PM
Isn't vet THE posse? I miss the shoe whipping days. If u post on landthieves reveal your handle. I dont post there but I do lurk at least once a day. I recognize Some names but looks like sooner87 runs the show there.

soonergirlNeugene
1/7/2015, 04:59 PM
Thats funny. The very first day I registered over here I got a couple PMs from a guy who was also posting over on an Oregon board I was on. It was similarly full of conspiracy weirdness trying to warn me off from posting here. Kinda reminds me of all that Anonymous stuff. The ones posting that stuff everywhere always tend to be the ones on the outside who most want to be a part of it.

birddog
1/7/2015, 05:02 PM
Portlandsooner was here a few years ago. Think there's an Oregonsooner too. Can't really grasp the idea of running people off that truly love the Sooners. Honestly I can think of atleast 50 regulars that haven't been here in years. A lot of em posted in the south oval mainly.

Wishboned
1/7/2015, 05:15 PM
I go to landthieves more often than I visit here now. More traffic. More information. And in my opinion this place has turned into a giant bridge with all the trolls hanging out.

soonergirlNeugene
1/7/2015, 05:26 PM
Portlandsooner was here a few years ago. Think there's an Oregonsooner too. Can't really grasp the idea of running people off that truly love the Sooners. Honestly I can think of atleast 50 regulars that haven't been here in years. A lot of em posted in the south oval mainly.

No it wasn't either of them. Just some guy I haven't seen post much here or there in years.

Breadburner
1/7/2015, 08:12 PM
Mines the same....Not that anyone cares...

beached_sooner
1/7/2015, 09:24 PM
snippage...

Those in glass houses though...there's an actual 'internet posse' on this forum, so not sure anyone here has much room to talk about negative aspects of other boards, because that's about as dumb as dumb gets.

Re: Internet Posse

It's not really a posse per se, it's really a cult of personality centered on a certain member who has posted more than 60,000 times to this forum. If you merely infer, much less say, anything negative or derogatory directed at the cult leader, then be prepared to incur the wrath of all the sycophant followers (e.g., posse) of the cult ad infinitum for your disrespect. It is relatively easy to identify those that have crossed the "posse". Anyone with red (versus green), including your's truly, reputation indicators (directly below your userid) have been subjected to "retribution" by the "posse" for stating "negative" comments pertaining to the cult leader.

olevetonahill
1/7/2015, 09:33 PM

It's not really a posse per se, it's really a cult of personality centered on a certain member who has posted more than 60,000 times to this forum. If you merely infer, much less say, anything negative or derogatory directed at the cult leader, then be prepared to incur the wrath of all the sycophant followers (e.g., posse) of the cult ad infinitum for your disrespect. It is relatively easy to identify those that have crossed the "posse". Anyone with red (versus green), including your's truly, reputation indicators (directly below your userid) have been subjected to "retribution" by the "posse" for stating "negative" comments pertaining to the cult leader.

http://transformedandscaled.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/wamb.jpg

At least when Yall crying about the Posse yer leavin LT alone . Go for it :chuncky:

beached_sooner
1/7/2015, 09:33 PM

The "posse" is real, and is very active. If you need a good example of it and it's member sycophants in action, I suggest you read this: http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?185641-Q-What-does-OU-owe-Bob-Stoops

beached_sooner
1/7/2015, 09:37 PM
You make a valid point about the dreaded...lol...'posse'. After all these years, the only thing I've figured is they must have friends in admin....

I'm starting to believe in your conspiracy theory. How else could this guy get away with all he does, and still not get kicked off !!

olevetonahill
1/7/2015, 09:41 PM
I'm starting to believe in your conspiracy theory. How else could this guy get away with all he does, and still not get kicked off !!

Phils my best friend Loves me moren all of Yall.

Crimson Kid
1/7/2015, 09:43 PM
There is a thread claiming that someone painted a derogatory message about Josh on a billboard in Norman and signed it "Landthieves". Not sure if that's true.

In general, it is a large subscriber base that will start a thread with a bit of useful information and then quickly degrade to attacking each other like they are mortal enemies. Keyboards do seem to dampen IQ a bit, but they take it to the extreme over there. If a visitor from outside lurks over there, they must come away with the feeling that OU fans are a bunch of morons.

If you read the whole thread. It was a message on a billboard that post tweets. It said thank you josh #landthiefs.

It's not a bad board. A lot of OU news broke their before any other sports sites or forums.

It's a OU forum with a edge to it. Nothing like them penis loving horns on shaggy.

8timechamps
1/7/2015, 10:14 PM
LT is a good board, it's just different.

There's a lot more folks posting there these days, so you get a mix of everything...including the crazy.

If I want to have a conversation, this is the place I come. I've been on this board since it started, so my loyalty is here. However, LT is good about getting news out quicker, and there is certainly a full spectrum of opinions there.

aurorasooner
1/7/2015, 11:31 PM
LT is a good board, it's just different.

There's a lot more folks posting there these days, so you get a mix of everything...including the crazy.

If I want to have a conversation, this is the place I come. I've been on this board since it started, so my loyalty is here. However, LT is good about getting news out quicker, and there is certainly a full spectrum of opinions there.Lots of posters from other boards came over here to view our excellent fark board before it went in the toilet, and stayed on to post on the FB board. Some of those fark thread posts were pure genius, Stunned Aggie, Limo, "It was the wind" Excuse Mack--Coach Take-a-Knee, etc. I LMAO just thinking about some of them.
But that was when our coaching staff was in it's heyday, could make chicken soup out of chickens&^t players/game-plans, and most other coaching staffs were inferior. It was juvenile, but entertaining.
Now most of the posts/posters (especially on LT) try to show their supposed football cerebral superiority over another by quickly being the 1st to make a counterpoint if a poster makes an opinion that he/she doesn't agree with or posts a mistake (history, news, stats, rules, etc). If you don't believe this, just post 180 from what you know as fact and see how many quick correction replies are posted, and most are not posted in a respectable form. I wouldn't be surprised if some posters get a 24 hour woody when they post a correct counterpoint or fact.
I think a former US Prez said it best when asked what he thought was the biggest problem we faced today. and he said something like, "It's our ability to disagree w/o going completely postal". (he obviously didn't say postal, but you get the meaning).

Boomer.....
1/8/2015, 08:41 AM
They like to cuss just for the sake of cussing...They think it's cool. Mostly young and stupid.

**** off, dip ****!

;)

Boomer.....
1/8/2015, 08:49 AM

The inmates are running the asylum. :D

Boomer.....
1/8/2015, 08:54 AM
Message boards are cyclical. This board has had it's ups and downs. There used to be a huge outcry about over-moderation and now there is hardly any moderation. For whatever reason, the mass exodus seemed to occur when the board upgraded to the current vBulletin with the God awful smileys. Either way, LT does offer more discussions and insider information due to the current population of the board.

Boomer.....
1/8/2015, 08:55 AM
Thats funny. The very first day I registered over here I got a couple PMs from a guy who was also posting over on an Oregon board I was on. It was similarly full of conspiracy weirdness trying to warn me off from posting here. Kinda reminds me of all that Anonymous stuff. The ones posting that stuff everywhere always tend to be the ones on the outside who most want to be a part of it.

Wasn't Stu from Oregon?

olevetonahill
1/8/2015, 09:12 AM
Wasn't Stu from Oregon?

Yup.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/8/2015, 09:26 AM
I have ventured over there quite a few times.. Lots of traffic and seems fun..But I post here mostly.

Sooner in Tampa
1/8/2015, 09:42 AM
LT certainly has a few posters that are in 'the know' about what is going on behind the scenes at OU. It is true, you do have to muddle through the crap to find out who they are, but once you do...it is all good.

I visit multiple Sooner boards everyday...it is a cornucopia of different views and I take it all with a grain of salt...after all...it is just the Internet

cherokeebrewer
1/8/2015, 09:59 AM
LT's is not as bad now as it was when it first started up, but still a lot of garbage to wade through, so I just don't bother with it. My apologies if I offended anyone...

SoonerStormchaser
1/8/2015, 10:18 AM

Well, here's where you're wrong...
I've called Vet out a few times myself...and I'm a proud Posse member. Where you go astray is when you talk out of your *** and start dropping name-calls and f-bombs and other miserably stupid **** that just tags you as a troll. That's when some of us get mad from time to time and you find yourself in the red.

Turd_Ferguson
1/8/2015, 10:55 AM
I have ventured over there quite a few times.. Lots of traffic and seems fun..But I post here mostly.

You lie! Ya Florida Evans look'n motha *****!

jkjsooner
1/8/2015, 10:57 AM
I think most people left this board a few years ago when some admins were on a power trip and also when the board was down for a week or two that one summer.

It's funny how fickle Internet sites can be. Can you imagine if something caused Facebook to shut down for a week or so? Customers could migrate to Google and you could see a $200 billion lost almost overnight.

badger
1/8/2015, 11:03 AM
It makes sense. The Internet's largely about convenience and saving time when you think about it.

Boomer.....
1/8/2015, 11:25 AM
It makes sense. The Internet's largely about pron and saving time when you think about it.

Agreed

swardboy
1/8/2015, 11:43 AM
I see what you did there...

dwarthog
1/8/2015, 12:09 PM
LT comes off as shaggybevo lite IMO. I only go there when this board isn't responding for some reason.

For just good old entertainment value, shaggybevo is far better IMO, particularly when UT is getting manhandled by someone.

SoonerStormchaser
1/8/2015, 01:38 PM
I think most people left this board a few years ago when some admins were on a power trip and also when the board was down for a week or two that one summer.

It's funny how fickle Internet sites can be. Can you imagine if something caused Facebook to shut down for a week or so? Customers could migrate to Google and you could see a $200 billion lost almost overnight.
The general amnesty for the perma-banned posters largely had something to do with it...but I digress.

Eielson
1/8/2015, 02:33 PM
If this place was a family with 3 children, that place is a family with 7 children. At least that's how I usually feel when I spend my occasional five minutes. They probably have more intelligent posters, but they've also amplified all the things I can't stand about a message board.

Ultimately, I don't want to be a member on two sites, and I've been here too long to switch over. I might lurk some, though.

KantoSooner
1/8/2015, 03:53 PM
We could always bring back 'Delete Me'

birddog
1/8/2015, 04:58 PM
75 and 87 are over there having a whizzin contest based purely on semantics. That's hard to follow!

SoonerStormchaser
1/8/2015, 05:14 PM
We could always bring back 'Delete Me'

I wish we could bring back some of the posters from that thread!

KantoSooner
1/8/2015, 05:34 PM
Yes. It was a doughty band of posters. Men and women devoted to self-levitating silliness. I grow misty when I contemplate that the like may never be assembled again. Something vital, and uplifting, has gone from this earth. Yea, Verily! We live in the latter days! And are but shadows of our former selves.

bluedogok
1/8/2015, 11:19 PM
LT comes off as shaggybevo lite IMO. I only go there when this board isn't responding for some reason.

For just good old entertainment value, shaggybevo is far better IMO, particularly when UT is getting manhandled by someone.
You would think those on Shaggy would like being "manhandled"

dwarthog
1/9/2015, 08:18 AM
You would think those on Shaggy would like being "manhandled"

They do have a fascination with the male "member" over there.

Have you seen thujones end of year wrap up yet? Check out Prevail and Ride if you can tolerate their humor.

Definitely not work safe.

Turd_Ferguson
1/9/2015, 03:36 PM
Yes. It was a doughty band of posters. Men and women devoted to self-levitating silliness. I grow misty when I contemplate that the like may never be assembled again. Something vital, and uplifting, has gone from this earth. Yea, Verily! We live in the latter days! And are but shadows of our former selves.

Who you think you is, Jack Handy?

KantoSooner
1/9/2015, 04:38 PM
Who you think you is, Jack Handy?

Mebbe more like Mo Bandy

Turd_Ferguson
1/9/2015, 04:46 PM
Mebbe more like Mo Bandy

I'm Bandy the rodeo clown...

Blue
1/10/2015, 01:27 AM
OK.......Let me share why I posted that...

They are negative. they are toxic. They are not worthy of a response. If it was up to them we would always suck. F them. We are OU. We will be on top again. Despite our childish fanbase.

birddog
1/10/2015, 10:14 AM
Well I know who ran off aziansooner a few years ago, right blue? Heh. Good times over here 6 years ago.

8timechamps
1/10/2015, 09:00 PM

They are negative. they are toxic. They are not worthy of a response. If it was up to them we would always suck. F them. We are OU. We will be on top again. Despite our childish fanbase.

If you could roll up the general opinions over there, and make one giant opinion, you nailed it. There's definitely a negative overtone.

salth2o
1/10/2015, 09:33 PM

If you could roll up the general opinions over there, and make one giant opinion, you nailed it. There's definitely a negative overtone.

You hit the head on the nail.

Spray
1/12/2015, 09:58 AM

Definitely the crux of the matter. The problem is that the days of internet message boards being some harmless place where fans congregate is over. Players and recruits read this crap, and LT basically surrounds our program with a negativity it doesn't need, especially now.

Obviously, this isn't unique to OU message boards, but folks really need to be careful about what they post when they mention specific players, recruits, and coaches. It may seem super hilarious at the time, but in large doses I do think hateful (non-constructive) criticism can, in particular, affect recruiting.

For example- calling out Heupel for his performance as an OC and expressing you don't think he's the right man for the job is fine. Incessant "FUJH" and "go eat a donut you fat turd" is not; the guy is an OU legend and that's the thanks he gets? Personally, I just think that type of mentality is low rent and bush league.

Nobody is above reasoned, fair criticism (including the players), but it's all in the delivery. That's where LT falls short.

But what do I know; I'm an old fogey.

BoulderSooner79
1/12/2015, 11:21 AM
Landthieves sure was funny yesterday after the Cowboys/Packers game. There seems to be a lot more Cowboy fans among the OU crowd than I thought. Oh, what butthurt over that Dez Bryant catch reversal! The angry posts had me laughing so hard I almost sprouted ab muscles. The Packer fans and Cowboy haters smelled blood in the water and just bating the butthurt crowd mercilessly. It was a bright spot in an otherwise dull weekend for me.

Whet
1/12/2015, 01:29 PM
Barry Tramel and John Hoover, among others. post there, too. And Dean.

SoCaliSooner
1/12/2015, 01:41 PM
You guys can have StoopTroup back. His demands have been an apology from Dean and that his mega-uber kick *** post count be left intact and that he can neg rep people.

He also wants his oxy hand delivered to his door....

birddog
1/12/2015, 01:42 PM
He's still on those things!? Dang he should look into suboxone.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/12/2015, 01:51 PM
Landthieves sure was funny yesterday after the Cowboys/Packers game. There seems to be a lot more Cowboy fans among the OU crowd than I thought. Oh, what butthurt over that Dez Bryant catch reversal! The angry posts had me laughing so hard I almost sprouted ab muscles. The Packer fans and Cowboy haters smelled blood in the water and just bating the butthurt crowd mercilessly. It was a bright spot in an otherwise dull weekend for me.

You aren't kidding. It was worse than the ranch.

BoulderSooner79
1/12/2015, 02:06 PM
You aren't kidding. It was better than the ranch.

I try not to do the FIFY thing, but in this case I'll add my personal touch. :D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/12/2015, 02:33 PM
I try not to do the FIFY thing, but in this case I'll add my personal touch. :D

I'm not a big NFL guy and basically just watch former OU players. Watching DeMarco cough one up and then Hanna fall on top of a fumble only to have it pop out was a rather pointed end to this football season.

BoulderSooner79
1/12/2015, 03:06 PM
I'm not a big NFL guy and basically just watch former OU players. Watching DeMarco cough one up and then Hanna fall on top of a fumble only to have it pop out was a rather pointed end to this football season.

I'm the same - no real routing interest in the game other than wanting to see the OU players do well. I did have to crack a smile watching Dez convert an incredible, clutch play into a phail. It's certainly a fair debate over the utility of the current catch "process" rule. But the bottom line is that's the rule now and a veteran, all-pro player like Dez should know the rule and be aware of the game situation. It's 4th down with the game on the line and he risked the completion by lunging with the ball in 1 hand and going for the TD. He's got to cradle that ball with 2 hands and twist his body to avoid the ball hitting the ground - I've seen plenty of other receivers do exactly that in similar situations.

Turd_Ferguson
1/12/2015, 03:21 PM
He's still on those things!? Dang he should look into suboxone.

Met him and his wife at a tailgate. They were nice peeps. He was, "quite interesting", here on SF right before Dean perma'd him...

Eielson
1/12/2015, 03:58 PM
I think with Dez, this falls into the unfortunate category. I don't think the rule is perfect, but I think it does more good than bad. He was falling down as he caught it, so I think it's fair to require him to come up with it. In this instance, it was a little more clear than usual that he had it, but many times it's tough to tell. Megatron's "non-catch" didn't sit as well with me.

BoulderSooner79
1/12/2015, 04:16 PM
I think with Dez, this falls into the unfortunate category. I don't think the rule is perfect, but I think it does more good than bad. He was falling down as he caught it, so I think it's fair to require him to come up with it. In this instance, it was a little more clear than usual that he had it, but many times it's tough to tell. Megatron's "non-catch" didn't sit as well with me.

Pretty much the way I see it. I think it's also fair to *expect* Dez to make that catch. He's one of the best WR's in the NFL and certainly one of the most physically gifted. He had complete control of that ball in the air and should have been aware enough to make sure it stayed that way. He risked possession with his lunge and lost. Then to say he is amazed by the replay call after the game, just shows he is not the complete player he should be. Have to be heady to be the best at that level, not just a physical specimen.

GreatCecilsGhost
1/12/2015, 04:59 PM
I swear to God those whiney mouth-breathers are going to actively root against the new OC just so one of them can be the first to say "I told you so." Buncha vag's over there

8timechamps
1/12/2015, 05:35 PM
I swear to God those whiney mouth-breathers are going to actively root against the new OC just so one of them can be the first to say "I told you so." Buncha vag's over there

Yep. I get the feeling that being able to say "I told you so", or "I posted about this X months ago, and I was RIGHT!" is the motivation behind a lot of posts over there.

Blue
1/12/2015, 09:36 PM
You guys can have StoopTroup back. His demands have been an apology from Dean and that his mega-uber kick *** post count be left intact and that he can neg rep people.

He also wants his oxy hand delivered to his door....

I don't see how that guy functions. I wonder if hes just constantly wasted or has just fried his brain. Im also surprised LT's hasn't crucified him when hes posting 800 nonsensical times a day.

olevetonahill
1/13/2015, 12:00 AM
I don't see how that guy functions. I wonder if hes just constantly wasted or has just fried his brain. Im also surprised LT's hasn't crucified him when hes posting 800 nonsensical times a day.

Under what name?
He an I were great friends before

birddog
1/13/2015, 12:04 AM
Same.

birddog
1/13/2015, 05:08 PM
They have their cliques there, for sure. In any given thread u can see who pats whom on the back after a post. I'm out. Think all those doods there are either 18 or 65 yrs old.

Sooner in Tampa
1/14/2015, 08:11 AM
Just a little bit of information...LT hasn't cornered the market on 'whiney mouth-breathers' there are some here as well. Have you ever read ANYTHING posted by Tear Down This Wall?? KING of the mouth-breathers!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
1/14/2015, 09:13 AM
Just a little bit of information...LT hasn't cornered the market on 'whiney mouth-breathers' there are some here as well. Have you ever read ANYTHING posted by Tear Down This Wall?? KING of the mouth-breathers!

I recognize no king

Scott D
1/14/2015, 02:46 PM
After this past season I have general concern for the mental well being of a majority of message board posters nationwide no matter which team/sport they associate themselves with.

Sooner in Tampa
1/14/2015, 03:29 PM
I recognize no king
Wait...what?

Barry Switzer on line 1...

Piware
1/14/2015, 03:52 PM

But Pokes fans LOVE to quote them. Birds of a feather!

SoonerStormchaser
1/14/2015, 03:56 PM
Under what name?
He an I were great friends before

Still friends on FB...
I have no issues with him, but I understand you guys having them.

olevetonahill
1/14/2015, 04:17 PM
Still friends on FB...
I have no issues with him, but I understand you guys having them.

I still wish him the best, He has a great Family.

8timechamps
1/14/2015, 04:42 PM
I still wish him the best, He has a great Family.

He was a solid contributor here for a while, then things just went south. Kinda sad.

birddog
1/18/2015, 10:09 PM
I recognize a bevy of names over there. Prolly a lot more from here that use different handles too. Is it filled with peeps that got perma banned? Is everyone here just yes men and crimson colored glasses wearers? Oh well, if corky taught us anything it's that life goes on

8timechamps
1/19/2015, 12:43 AM
I recognize a bevy of names over there. Prolly a lot more from here that use different handles too. Is it filled with peeps that got perma banned? Is everyone here just yes men and crimson colored glasses wearers? Oh well, if corky taught us anything it's that life goes on

Message boards are cyclical. This was the first real Sooner fan board, and was huge for many years, then as the internet grew so did the options for fan interaction. Over the years there have been several all out meltdowns here and some folks left while others stayed. I never used to have time to post on more than one board so I stayed here. Now, I have a little more time, so I do post on LT from time to time (by the same name), but nothing like what I do here.

I wouldn't consider folks here yes men or sunshine pumpers. In fact, I think most of the regular posters here have more insight into the program, with far less knee jerk reacting. As far as I'm concerned, just better overall conversation.

Soonerjeepman
1/19/2015, 10:02 AM
ah, I remember the original board....man that was years ago. I remember talking to the brother and dad of Stephen Alexander. Actually met them at the KU game one year. Met Stephen, his peoples and actually Steve Owens as well.

Ah, those were the days...

8timechamps
1/19/2015, 07:10 PM
ah, I remember the original board....man that was years ago. I remember talking to the brother and dad of Stephen Alexander. Actually met them at the KU game one year. Met Stephen, his peoples and actually Steve Owens as well.

Ah, those were the days...

Many good memories from those days. I have some really good friends I made from this board. What's funny is that I've gotten to know those folks so well that we rarely talk about Sooner football.

birddog
1/19/2015, 07:15 PM
Picasso? Seemed like a good dude even if he liked to showboat that he was "sophisticated". Creep could paint, man