PDA

View Full Version : File This Under: "Karma Can Be A Beyotch". ACA Bites Harvard Eltitists In The @$$

FaninAma
1/6/2015, 03:47 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/06/us/health-care-fixes-backed-by-harvards-experts-now-roil-its-faculty.html

Do as I say......not as I do.

dwarthog
1/6/2015, 04:28 PM
Excellent! Best thing I've read all day.

yermom
1/6/2015, 06:46 PM
what a bunch of whiners... i wish i had that plan

dwarthog
1/6/2015, 07:50 PM
Yeah , me too.

Sooner8th
1/7/2015, 12:00 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/06/us/health-care-fixes-backed-by-harvards-experts-now-roil-its-faculty.htmlDo as I say......not as I do.You see no irony bitching about this when romneycare/obamacare is a REPUBLICAN idea?

FaninAma
1/7/2015, 09:46 AM
You see no irony bitching about this when romneycare/obamacare is a REPUBLICAN idea?

Me personally? No. I have always been a critic of Romneycare. It is not the panacea it has been touted to be. As I have stated many times Massachussets has the highest per capita healthcare costs in the nation and the highest insurance premiums in the nation. Blue Cross Blue Sheild has projected that by 2025 Massachussets will be spending over 70% of their state budget on helathcare unless they begin to cap costs. Which means they will have les to spend on education, roads, and general government services.

And I accept your premise that the ACA was modeled after Romneycare. That is why we should pay very close attention to what is going on in Massachussets and despite the liberal mantra that Romneycare is wonderful the truth is that it will eventually bankrupt the state.

Listen, I wish everybody had access to the same level of healthcare, decent housing and quality education but uthrowing trillions of dollars at these issues in pursuit of equality is an exercise in futility. The best we can hope for is to provide SOME basic healthcare to everyone, SOME basic housing. I still think education is a local issue and largely depends on the involvement of families in their children's education at school and at home.

Sooner8th
1/7/2015, 10:58 AM
Me personally? No. I have always been a critic of Romneycare. It is not the panacea it has been touted to be. As I have stated many times Massachussets has the highest per capita healthcare costs in the nation and the highest insurance premiums in the nation. Blue Cross Blue Sheild has projected that by 2025 Massachussets will be spending over 70% of their state budget on helathcare unless they begin to cap costs. Which means they will have les to spend on education, roads, and general government services.And I accept your premise that the ACA was modeled after Romneycare. That is why we should pay very close attention to what is going on in Massachussets and despite the liberal mantra that Romneycare is wonderful the truth is that it will eventually bankrupt the state. Listen, I wish everybody had access to the same level of healthcare, decent housing and quality education but uthrowing trillions of dollars at these issues in pursuit of equality is an exercise in futility. The best we can hope for is to provide SOME basic healthcare to everyone, SOME basic housing. I still think education is a local issue and largely depends on the involvement of families in their children's education at school and at home.No.....I'm talking about it being a republican idea and republicans hate living under it. Except for those parts they love..........you know most of it. Hating parts that will never effect them.

FaninAma
1/7/2015, 12:54 PM
No.....I'm talking about it being a republican idea and republicans hate living under it. Except for those parts they love..........you know most of it. Hating parts that will never effect them.

And which parts would that be? Are you really trying to assert that Republicans like getting free stuff from the government? No **it Sherlock. That's why we find ourselves $18.2 trillion dollars in debt. But what does that say about the Democrats and their supporters? They haven't met a a government give-away program yet that they don't absolutely love. Don't worry about the cost. Let our kids and grandkids worry about it. This country is truly f***ed.