PDA

View Full Version : New Offensive Coordinator rumor...

pappy
1/4/2015, 07:45 PM
Word on the street is we are looking at Western Kentucky Offensive Coordinator Tyson Helton. Western Kentucky had the #4 offense in the country this year.

graphster
1/4/2015, 08:00 PM
I have also heard Spavital at Texas A&M being mentioned.

IMO, both would be bad decisions. Helton is a first year OC, and WKU doesn't play against the level of competition that OU will face. We should be looking to hire somebody who is experienced and proven, not a guy coming off his first year as OC in a non-power conference. Regardless of how good their statistics were. Heupel put up some good numbers too -- against crappy teams.

Spavital would be good as a QB coach to replace Heupel. Supposedly is a strong recruiter and has developed a number of QBs, including Geno Smith, Manzeil, and Kyle Allen. But he is a spread offense guy. Texas A&M just hired a new OL coach and run game coordinator, supposedly because they had issues this year establishing and maintaining a running game. They spend all game in 3-4 receiver sets and only run as a change of pace or to keep the offense off balance. We already went down that road in 2011 and 2012 when we became a finesse offense, and it led to seasons where we put up big stats against bad teams but then got shut down against top tier competition. As a result, we've gone out and recruited big, powerful RBs and a massive OL, precisely to be more physical.

As a playcaller, Spavital looks to me a lot like Heupel. Not sure that it really solves a lot of our problems, and we don't have the players to run the system that he prefers.

I do not know if it is possible, but if I were Stoops, my #1 target would be Frost at Oregon. I'd make him the highest paid OC in the nation and have an unspoken agreement that he would have the lead inside track on the HC job when Stoops retires. After that, I'd try to get Auburn's OC, or somebody else who can run a power running offense out of the spread, ala Ohio State and Urban Meyer. IMO, that is the offensive style that is most consistent and is most easily adapted to changing personnel. It is also the offense that we are currently suited for, and that is consistent with our recruiting priorities over the past several years.

IMO, the spread it out air raid style of offense is just a bad direction for us to go in. Defenses today are geared up to stop it, and it always hinges on having great players at both the QB and WR positions (neither of which we currently possess).

8timechamps
1/4/2015, 08:36 PM
NOT a fan of Spavital. He hasn't exactly caught the world on fire with his product, and I think that would amount to basically an even exchange for Heupel.

We need to either find a hidden gem, with experience. Or, the best OC money can buy that's proven.

olevetonahill
1/4/2015, 08:45 PM
NOT a fan of Spavital. He hasn't exactly caught the world on fire with his product, and I think that would amount to basically an even exchange for Heupel.

We need to either find a hidden gem, with experience. Or, the best OC money can buy that's proven.

Or BOTH LOL

8timechamps
1/4/2015, 10:57 PM
Or BOTH LOL

Yep.

Seriously, I cannot understand the draw to Sapvital. He has less experience than Josh does running an offense:

2013: Texas A&M Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach
2011-2012: West Virginia QB Coach
2010: Oklahoma State Graduate Assistant
2009: Houston Graduate Assistant
2008: Tulsa GA/Offensive Quality Control

graphster
1/4/2015, 11:04 PM
Latest rumor suggest that Meachum at TCU is in the mix.

Seems clear that we are going to be going in a spread pass oriented direction with the offense. If that's the case, then we're going to have to see some dramatic improvement in both the QB and WR play, or next year will be pretty rough. Not sure that the program can really afford a year or two of growing pains while we wait for new recruits or for young guys to develop.

SoonerMarkVA
1/4/2015, 11:27 PM
Latest rumor suggest that Meachum at TCU is in the mix.

That's pretty intriguing, if we have enough of a brand superiority to TCU to pull him in for the same position. If he's the mastermind for what happened to TCU's offense this year, I'm all for it.

graphster
1/4/2015, 11:36 PM
Yep.

Seriously, I cannot understand the draw to Sapvital. He has less experience than Josh does running an offense:

2013: Texas A&M Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach
2011-2012: West Virginia QB Coach
2010: Oklahoma State Graduate Assistant
2009: Houston Graduate Assistant
2008: Tulsa GA/Offensive Quality Control

I think Spavital would be good as a QB coach and potential Co-OC (assuming we get another experienced guy to come in and be responsible for playcalling) to replace Heupel. He does have a good track record developing QBs, and is supposed to be a great recruiter with strong ties to the Houston/Southeast Texas area. I think he would be an upgrade from Heupel as a QB coach. He apparently has some ties to Oklahoma and would like to live in the area, so maybe he would consider such a move? Not sure what the salary situation is, though. Texas A&M just hired Utah's OC, which suggests that he might be facing something of a demotion at A&M. I don't like the idea of him running the show, but he could be a good pick up to coach QBs if we end up replacing Heupel.

8timechamps
1/5/2015, 01:09 AM
I think Spavital would be good as a QB coach and potential Co-OC (assuming we get another experienced guy to come in and be responsible for playcalling) to replace Heupel. He does have a good track record developing QBs, and is supposed to be a great recruiter with strong ties to the Houston/Southeast Texas area. I think he would be an upgrade from Heupel as a QB coach. He apparently has some ties to Oklahoma and would like to live in the area, so maybe he would consider such a move? Not sure what the salary situation is, though. Texas A&M just hired Utah's OC, which suggests that he might be facing something of a demotion at A&M. I don't like the idea of him running the show, but he could be a good pick up to coach QBs if we end up replacing Heupel.

I'd be all for bringing him in to be the QB coach (and naming him Co-OC). That would be a nice addition. I just don't think he'd be much better than JH at the position.

I've wanted Meachum since it became apparent that we were making changes. What he did at TCU, in one year, is nothing short of amazing.

BoulderSooner79
1/5/2015, 01:58 AM
I've wanted Meachum since it became apparent that we were making changes. What he did at TCU, in one year, is nothing short of amazing.

That's for sure - the turnaround was amazing. I do think that folks have underestimated Boykin all along. He has led the TCU offense to out play our defense in the 2nd half all 3 years he has been there. Unfortunately for us, he also played well in the 1st half this year, so we never had a lead. I can't believe the guy has another year left. But Meachum put all the pieces together to produce a top notch offense with basically the same players. It shows you don't always have to wait to recruit the exact type of player before you see results.

GreatCecilsGhost
1/5/2015, 08:41 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath for Meachum. After what TCU did in their bowl, they are a likely lock for pre-season playoff pick next year. Unless they lose a lot on their lines, hey have all of the pieces to win it all.

cherokeebrewer
1/5/2015, 09:32 AM
If not Meachum, Lincoln Riley is a young rising star...I like.

vtsooner21
1/5/2015, 09:57 AM
Unfortunately, there might be more than one Stoops interested in Coach Riley. Will prove to be interesting. Family meals around the table could get a bit heated; and not just referring to who gets seconds on the pie...

Boomer

Breadburner
1/5/2015, 11:09 AM
Spavital/Cumbie combo.....With Cumbie coaching QB's.....Meachum is meh...!!!

Jacie
1/5/2015, 02:35 PM
Dr. Saturday

Reports: Houston DC David Gibbs headed to Texas Tech

By Sam Cooper

Despite having an offer to stay at Houston on new head coach Tom Herman’s staff, defensive coordinator David Gibbs said he won't return to the school next season and could be headed to another university in Texas.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my two seasons at Houston and appreciate the efforts of our student-athletes, especially that of the Third Ward Defense,” Gibbs said in a statement, via the Houston Chronicle. “While we’ve had positive discussions with Tom Herman and a great opportunity at UH, my family and I feel as it is time for a new challenge and are looking forward to the next steps in our journey. I’d like to thank Mack Rhoades for his trust in naming me interim head coach during my time at Houston.”

According to SI.com’s Thayer Evans, Gibbs, along with Houston defensive backs coach and recruiting coordinator Zac Spavital, are “expected to join” Kliff Kingsbury’s staff at Texas Tech.

Additionally, according to FootballScoop.com, Tech is “attempting to finalize an agreement” with Gibbs and Spavital.

8timechamps
1/5/2015, 03:36 PM
That's for sure - the turnaround was amazing. I do think that folks have underestimated Boykin all along. He has led the TCU offense to out play our defense in the 2nd half all 3 years he has been there. Unfortunately for us, he also played well in the 1st half this year, so we never had a lead. I can't believe the guy has another year left. But Meachum put all the pieces together to produce a top notch offense with basically the same players. It shows you don't always have to wait to recruit the exact type of player before you see results.

I've always thought Boykin was a gamer, but in the past he's been more effective using his legs against us. This year, he was just an all around great QB. I know players can make leaps in their development, but considering he was planning to play WR until a couple of weeks before the season, the fact that he was able to have so much success in that system speaks volumes about the system itself.

8timechamps
1/5/2015, 03:37 PM
Spavital/Cumbie combo.....With Cumbie coaching QB's.....Meachum is meh...!!!

Why do you say that?

Eielson
1/5/2015, 04:32 PM
I don't think our QB development could possibly get any worse. It's kind of like replacing Blake. The only way a coaching change could be horizontal is if we hire an awful playcaller.

kenth68
1/7/2015, 02:30 AM
That's pretty intriguing, if we have enough of a brand superiority to TCU to pull him in for the same position.

heh. or money... what we might lack in brand superiority after this season, we could always make up in money.

mainline13
1/7/2015, 10:37 AM
I have also heard Spavital at Texas A&M being mentioned.

IMO, both would be bad decisions. Helton is a first year OC, and WKU doesn't play against the level of competition that OU will face.

Nor does WKU get the type of talent that OU does, I'd guess. So if his offense is 4th, playing against relatively comparable talent, maybe that isn't so bad.

stoops the eternal pimp
1/7/2015, 01:34 PM
Frost makes in the 400k range, so I don't think it would take an outrageous amount to lure him out of there.

UteSooner
1/7/2015, 02:21 PM
Frost makes in the 400k range, so I don't think it would take an outrageous amount to lure him out of there.

Frost may look different without Helfrich looking over his shoulder (and without Mariota). These guys with 1 or 2 years experience at OC make me nervous.

SoonerorLater
1/7/2015, 02:27 PM
Frost may look different without Helfrich looking over his shoulder (and without Mariota). These guys with 1 or 2 years experience at OC make me nervous.

Yep, right now our offensive personnel in no way resembles the makeup of Oregon's. It's not hard to believe we wouldn't necessarily get the same results trying to run that type system.

Eielson
1/7/2015, 03:13 PM

Oregon has all the money in the world to give him a raise if they deem him worth it, and nobody knows more about Frost's abilities than Oregon. The only way we get Frost is if we're willing to pay him a lot more than Oregon is, and if that's the case, this doesn't sound like a good investment.

It just kind of reminds of me how NFL teams kept luring away Pittsburgh's star defensive players with hugh pay checks. Nearly every time, Pittsburgh proved they knew the value of their players better than anybody else.

graphster
1/7/2015, 03:21 PM
I don't think a huge salary increase over what Oregon can offer is entirely necessary.

As a lot of people in this thread have mentioned, one of the external concerns that people have about Frost is that he's just benefiting from the people around him at Oregon and that he's not really in control of the system. I can't think of a better way to improve your stock as a HC candidate than to go to a different program, implement your system, and have it be effective. If Frost were to come in and have anywhere near the success next year that Oregon's offense has, I would think he would be at the top of almost every HC seach the year after that.

So I would argue that he's got much better prospects for career advancement if he comes to OU and shows that he can make his system work without Mariotta or Helfrich. As long as he's at Oregon, there will be people asking whether he could make that system work when he goes somewhere else.

8timechamps
1/7/2015, 10:51 PM

That's what kinda turns me off to Frost. Mariota would have made Heupel look like a rock star. I'm not convinced he's as good as he appears. I wish we knew what he could do without a Heisman QB. That would really tell the story.

Sooner in Tampa
1/8/2015, 12:31 PM
This is from The Football Brainiacs:
http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou-oklahoma-sooners-football-coaching-search-bob-stoops-sonny-cumbie-scott-frost-jason-candle

- An interesting note to get us started, I was told that Jason Candle flew out of Oklahoma City this morning. Unfortunately that’s all I was told. But as I noted yesterday, and will note again below, OU is trying to make a decision quickly. So it would be no surprise if Candle was in town for an interview.

– Yesterday, Andrew Gilman of Fox Sports reported that the Oklahoma coaching staff met with TCU co-offensive coordinator Sonny Cumbie. Gilman was not sure, however, whether an offer was extended to Cumbie.

– Our own Brandon Drake (@TheDrakeTFB (http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/www.twitter.com/thedraketfb)) spoke to a very well placed source regarding any potential interest in Cumbie and while he could not confirm when or where the interview took place, he was able to confirm Cumbie has, in fact, been interviewed by Oklahoma.

– Brandon also confirmed that Cumbie has not yet been offered the job. However, he was told that Cumbie would likely find out one way or the other as early as the “next few days.”

– Brandon also confirmed that the interest in Cumbie is for an offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach position. However none of us have yet been able to confirm whether a “co-” would precede his title and an additional OC would be brought in to actually call plays. We do, however, suspect this would be the case.

– We have also been told that if offered the position, it is highly likely Cumbie would accept.

– We have also been told, in general terms, that with these changes Bob Stoops is looking make are with the intention to “change the culture” inside the program. We didn’t get clarification on what that meant exactly, but Cumbie and I have a mutual friend (former player that played with Cumbie at Tech back in the early 2000’s) and a few mutual acquaintances. And I can tell you that Cumbie is a great recruiter. He does something that I have long criticized certain OU coaches for not doing enough of, he networks. He gets to know the right people and is very well liked.

– I personally think if Cumbie was brought in as a co-offensive coordinator/QB coach it would be a great hire. From everything I’ve heard, he would bring a great energy and recruiting presence to OU. Additionally, Cumbie has coached both wide receivers and quarterbacks in the past and has been successful doing both.

If OU wants to bring in guy who can instantly help the passing game, he seems like a great fit. What he did with Trevone Boykin this past season was nothing short of amazing. If you think back to my OU vs. TCU preview, I didn’t think the Horned Frogs had much of a chance. Primarily because I simply didn’t believe Boykin was capable of making the kind of jump he obviously did in 2014. For me, personally, that went a long way towards putting me in the camp who would be happy to see Cumbie brought in.

– We have previously noted that OU had reached out to the other co-offensive coordinator/play caller at TCU, Doug Meacham. We are still trying to discern just how serious that interest is on both sides, or how far the talks between the two may or may not have progressed. It might be interesting to see a guy like Cumbie paired with a coordinator who runs a balanced attack with roots in the running game.

– Also wanted to note that back in the early 2000’s, when Cumbie and my buddy played for Texas Tech, Bill Bedenbaugh was a GA on that same staff.

– Have also been told there could very likely be another potential coaching candidate brought in later today as there have been preparations made around the football offices suggesting as such.

– One quick final note related to things on the offensive side of the ball. Oregon’s Scott Frost is a name that many of been quick to throw out, while just as many it would seem have been equally as quick to dismiss as being unrealistic. Well, based on some of what we’ve heard the talk is legitimate. Now whether that means OU could actually convince him to come to Norman, we definitely could not say. But the talk is real based on what we’ve been told.

– Wanted to also add that I have been told that there are still a lot of people inside the program that expect to see coaching changes on the defensive side of the ball. I personally want to see it happen in a big way. If it doesn’t happen, I think it would be an incredible disappointment for a number of reasons.

Eielson
1/8/2015, 12:45 PM
I'd be intrigued by the thought of Cumbie as QB coach, and Frost as WR coach. I guess it's somewhat plausible under the right circumstances. Frost would be stepping out of the Oregon shadow, and Cumbie would be moving up to a better school with the same position. Cumbie would be auditioning for the job if Frost were to leave in 2-3 years. It would be interesting to have guys calling our plays with experience from Chip Kelly and Mike Leach.

ouduckhunter
1/8/2015, 12:47 PM
^ ^ ^ ^

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

Sooner in Tampa
1/8/2015, 03:57 PM
^ ^ ^ ^

Interesting. Thanks for posting.

The Football Brainiacs is a pretty damn good site...at times.

EatLeadCommie
1/8/2015, 04:06 PM
Oregon has been running that offense for years. Mariota was the perfect QB for their system. I will echo that I'm not sure Frost is the guy we need.

Jason Candle is intriguing. His offense has balance, but I can't say I watched any Akron football in like, well...ever.

Eielson
1/8/2015, 04:23 PM
Chip Kelly's system has worked incredibly well for years, and that precedes Mariota. Oregon's continued success proves that it's not necessary to have Kelly there for the system to continue to work, and nobody knows the system as well as Helfrich and Frost. I absolutely believe that Frost can be successful here, but I'd rather have him as OC/WR coach, and let somebody else coach the QB's (ex: Cumbie). I'm not sure if he's interested in that, and I'd imagine we'd have to break the bank to pry away Frost...leaving little money to bring in a big-time QB coach.

I think concerns of Frost developing QB's is legitimate, as he's never done it. As long as he has the right players, though, I see little reason for concern about him being able to implement the system.

Another concern I have is that Frost will only stick around a year or two if he has success here. He's already a hot commodity, but he'll be THE commodity next year if he makes us one of the top offenses. Hiring a guy like Cumbie would ease my concerns, though. Cumbie should easily be able to step in after Frost, and continue the cycle.

It's kind of a dream scenario, though. We'd really have to break the bank, and selling Frost and Cumbie on this won't be easy. It's plausible, though, so we can hope.

Garrick McGee is a much simpler scenario.

Eielson
1/8/2015, 04:37 PM
I also think Petrino is up there with Kelly. I'd like a piece of Kelly, but the same goes for Petrino.

CowboyMRW
1/8/2015, 04:50 PM
Not a shot at Meachum.

Breadburner
1/8/2015, 05:13 PM
Not a shot at Meachum.

It's Meacham Dummy.....And we dont want him...His Resume' is un-impressive......

birddog
1/8/2015, 05:17 PM
Mike Gundy for OC!

8timechamps
1/8/2015, 06:16 PM
Latest rumor: Garrick McGee

Oklahoma: Per source, Oklahoma is targeting Louisville assistant head coach Garrick McGee. McGee, who is in his first season as offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach at Louisville, will interview with Sooners head coach Bob Stoops. The Cardinals finished 9-4 this season, while playing three different quarterbacks. McGee is a former Oklahoma quarterback. -Per CoachingSearch.com

EDIT/UPDATE: I've talked with a couple of folks that know more than I do (although I don't really know how much they know, so take it for what it's worth), and I was told that McGee will be in Norman tomorrow (Friday) to interview with Stoops and if things go well, he'll be offered the job. The process could be wrapped up by the weekend.

Eielson
1/8/2015, 06:29 PM
Latest rumor: Garrick McGee

-Per CoachingSearch.com

EDIT/UPDATE: I've talked with a couple of folks that know more than I do (although I don't really know how much they know, so take it for what it's worth), and I was told that McGee will be in Norman tomorrow (Friday) to interview with Stoops and if things go well, he'll be offered the job. The process could be wrapped up by the weekend.

Money back guarantee?

8timechamps
1/8/2015, 07:33 PM
Money back guarantee?

Take it to the bank™!

olevetonahill
1/8/2015, 07:38 PM
Take it to the bank™!

Im still holding out Hope that Bob Offers Vince Young the Job.

8timechamps
1/8/2015, 07:40 PM

I think he's being offered the Director of Financial Planning job.

olevetonahill
1/8/2015, 07:46 PM
I think he's being offered the Director of Financial Planning job.

Heh, But him as OC would be hilarious LOL

Eielson
1/8/2015, 08:13 PM
Dammit! McGee is staying in Louisville.

SoonerMarkVA
1/8/2015, 08:15 PM

"I'm sure we can find a guy who can score 6 Wonderlic points" - Bob Stoops

SoonerMarkVA
1/8/2015, 08:17 PM

Ergh.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2015/01/08/report-oklahoma-targeting-louisville-offensive-coordinator-garrick-mcgee/21453909/

SoonerorLater
1/8/2015, 08:23 PM

Rumor has it (I know because I'm starting the rumor) that Vince will be hired as a grad assistant while working on his masters in theoretical physics.

Eielson
1/8/2015, 08:24 PM
I'm all for Frost, now. Hopefully he coaches WR's, and we bring in a guy with a record of developing QB's.

olevetonahill
1/8/2015, 10:15 PM
Rumor has it (I know because I'm starting the rumor) that Vince will be hired as a grad assistant while working on his masters in theoretical physics.

Yall Laugh, But think about it. What happened when Old yeller teef said he QUIT trying to coach Mr Wonderlic? They won a MNC.
Has to be because Vinny is Great right?

BoulderSooner79
1/8/2015, 10:23 PM

Not too hard to believe. The hard parts of theoretical physics are encountered at the PHd level. If Vince just gets a little refresher on his advanced calculus from when he was an undergrad, he could handle a masters program and work as a GA.

8timechamps
1/8/2015, 11:05 PM

That was quick. Just the rumor of him visiting Norman was enough to get a raise. I wish I could find a sucker to work with me like that.

Eielson
1/8/2015, 11:20 PM
That was quick. Just the rumor of him visiting Norman was enough to get a raise. I wish I could find a sucker to work with me like that.

My favorite part of the rumor is that supposedly Petrino called Bob and recommended him. I tend to think it's not true, but if it was, that's funny. Petrino owns Louisville.

8timechamps
1/8/2015, 11:22 PM
My favorite part of the rumor is that supposedly Petrino called Bob and recommended him. I tend to think it's not true, but if it was, that's funny. Petrino owns Louisville.

Yeah, that would be a bit of a stretch.

The last I heard was that McGee was scheduled to meet with Bob tomorrow afternoon. Apparently, that's not happening.

SoonerMarkVA
1/9/2015, 08:16 AM
What if Petrino wanted to give McGee a raise/extension, but knew he'd have resistance in the administration after a so-so year? So he calls up Stoops to suggest that he call McGee, and then goes to administration and says, "Guys, we better act fast, or Oklahoma is going to snap up my OC!" Raise/extension given immediately, McGee shows public display of support for Louisville, and everyone (in UL) is happy.

EatLeadCommie
1/9/2015, 11:55 AM
I think with McGee, people are falling into the John Blake trap. Oh, he's one of us so let's bring him in to coach. He may end up being an incredible OC, but he hasn't demonstrated anything yet, especially this year when Louisville went through multiple QBs and really struggled offensively.

Eielson
1/9/2015, 12:20 PM
I think with McGee, people are falling into the John Blake trap. Oh, he's one of us so let's bring him in to coach. He may end up being an incredible OC, but he hasn't demonstrated anything yet, especially this year when Louisville went through multiple QBs and really struggled offensively.

He averaged over 500 YPG at Northwestern (top 5 in country, and 2nd highest all-time in Big 10), and was part of two very impressive Arkansas teams. This year wasn't THAT bad for him at Louisville. They went through 3 QB's, lost a WR that was better than Shep, and didn't have a star RB to lean on, yet still had a better season than we did.

McGee has done more than Frost.

Breadburner
1/9/2015, 12:24 PM
I'm hearing Shanahan's name thrown around.......

birddog
1/9/2015, 12:26 PM
That's funny. I wanted Mike shanahan to replace John Blake. You're talking about Kyle, verdad?

Breadburner
1/9/2015, 12:33 PM
Mike....

Eielson
1/9/2015, 12:41 PM
You sure it's Mike? I think Kyle is the name floating around.

SoonerMarkVA
1/9/2015, 12:59 PM
What's Spurrier, Jr., doing these days? He was fantastic with our WR crew.

Breadburner
1/9/2015, 04:35 PM
Mike's outta work.....Plus he's coached at OU before.....

Eielson
1/9/2015, 04:38 PM
Mike's outta work.....Plus he's coached at OU before.....

He's interviewing for HC gigs in the NFL.

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2015, 04:55 PM
Didn't Kyle Shanahan just quit the Browns?

EatLeadCommie
1/9/2015, 05:00 PM
Didn't Kyle Shanahan just quit the Browns?

I believe he was fired...or at least shown the door.

8timechamps
1/9/2015, 06:27 PM
He's interviewing for HC gigs in the NFL.

Yep, Mike was recently interviewed for the Raiders job. I can't imagine he would be interested in returning to college as a coordinator. Now Kyle on the the other hand...

Spurrier Jr. is coaching with his dad in S. Carolina.

BoulderSooner79
1/9/2015, 06:29 PM
I believe he was fired...or at least shown the door.

"Quit" or "was quitted" - I get those confused. The blurb I saw said he was upset about getting forced by the owner to play Manziel at the end of the season. I guess he was upset enough to get himself quitted. :D