PDA

View Full Version : I want THIS Bob back on the sidelines!

olevetonahill
1/3/2015, 07:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuePqhjmpNA

birddog
1/3/2015, 07:49 PM
I want those players on the field!

olevetonahill
1/3/2015, 08:05 PM
I want those players on the field!

We have Good players for the most part. Just not well coached players right now. back then it was all new and Bob an staff took chances and had fun with it, Its like a Marriage now, Its gotten kinda old an stale.

From Bob on down the staff needs to study the Kama Sutra of Football and add some spice back.

Turd_Ferguson
1/3/2015, 08:15 PM
Miss those days...

SoonerorLater
1/3/2015, 08:21 PM
Big Game Bob has been replaced by Big House Bob.

8timechamps
1/3/2015, 08:32 PM
It kinda felt like the old Bob was back toward the end of last year, and a little at the start of this one. Going for it on close 4th downs, faking a FG, etc. Those were the things that Big Game Bob used to do.

As the season went on, and things got worse, he reverted to Bad Decision Bob.

Mazeppa
1/3/2015, 08:40 PM
Big Game Bob has been replaced by Big House Bob.

Big "no shame" Bob

rock on sooner
1/3/2015, 08:49 PM
Y'all gotta it all figgered out....

olevetonahill
1/3/2015, 09:24 PM
Y'all gotta it all figgered out....

Hell Bro, Onlyliest thing I got fingered out is IMHO Our coaches have become way to conservative and always seems to go with the percentage plays.
Other than that I DKS :torn:

ObiKaTony
1/3/2015, 09:36 PM
We don't have the players...

ObiKaTony
1/3/2015, 09:39 PM
Recruiting is an all year process. It's human nature, bob ain't as hungry as he used to be, but I hope the fans (that have every right and are justified in many complaints) give him the push he needs...

If he doesn't fire josh, check me out for next season. He obviously isn't qualified, but he is married to a very special lady with ties at OU

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2015, 09:57 PM
If he doesn't fire josh, check me out for next season. He obviously isn't qualified, but he is married to a very special lady with ties at OU

I'm married to a very special lady with ties at OU and I'm not qualified - how come I can't be OC? Life's not fair...

Turd_Ferguson
1/3/2015, 10:00 PM
If he doesn't fire josh, check me out for next season.

Nice.

Sooner8th
1/3/2015, 10:29 PM
Recruiting is an all year process. It's human nature, bob ain't as hungry as he used to be, but I hope the fans (that have every right and are justified in many complaints) give him the push he needs...If he doesn't fire josh, check me out for next season. He obviously isn't qualified, but he is married to a very special lady with ties at OUJosh Huepel is not married to his sister, who is married to dan boren, david's son.

olevetonahill
1/3/2015, 10:31 PM
Recruiting is an all year process. It's human nature, bob ain't as hungry as he used to be, but I hope the fans (that have every right and are justified in many complaints) give him the push he needs...

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSePl3TVNbx324h-o9BEgOqxkkkRh32nsWH8Yt_cHT8hg3Jae0QVg

olevetonahill
1/3/2015, 10:32 PM
Josh Huepel is not married to his sister, who is married to dan boren, david's son.

WTF?????????

Soonerfan88
1/3/2015, 10:56 PM
:fatigue: How many times do folks have to be corrected about Josh's wife? Boren's daughter lives in Dallas. Josh's sister is married to Boren's son and that doesn't give him any get-out-of-jail-free cards.

As for the OP, would love to have players and a coaching staff with that much passion again. Give me someone who is committed to OU and excited about winning games - not their paycheck or ESPiN highlights or draft status.

8timechamps
1/3/2015, 10:57 PM
We don't have the players...

I'm not buying that.

We may be razor thin in a couple of areas, but we've got talent.

TCU looks as good as anyone in the country, including Oregon, and we lost a game we should have won at their place, by 4 points. And had multiple opportunities to win.

It's not a lack of talent, it's the way the talent is being coached.

Sooner8th
1/3/2015, 11:26 PM
WTF?????????Josh Huepel's sister is married to dan boren, david's son. Huepel's wife does not seem to have any ties to OU besides being married to josh.

Eielson
1/3/2015, 11:56 PM
Does our 2000 National Championship count as a woman?

I was also going to ask if it was possible to be married to a trophy/accomplishment, but if we're defining it as a woman, there is no need to ask this question. We may need to revisit this later, though.

birddog
1/4/2015, 12:48 AM
We have Good players for the most part. Just not well coached players right now. back then it was all new and Bob an staff took chances and had fun with it, Its like a Marriage now, Its gotten kinda old an stale.

From Bob on down the staff needs to study the Kama Sutra of Football and add some spice back.
I want those seasoned, hard nosed players that take the fight out of teams. The players may be good overall but they need to make big plays(lots of dropped picks). I saw a defense that allowed a lot of teams to dictate their offense without worrying about us pouncing On their manhood. Yes, we have talent in some spots but we're missing that cohesion needed to overcome our deficiencies. The players and coaches have their work cut out for them.

Sooner91ATL
1/4/2015, 04:05 AM
Maybe it's passe, but play action from under center seems to be a nice way to throw a deep ball.

ObiKaTony
1/4/2015, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=olevetonahill;4920514]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSePl3TVNbx324h-o9BEgOqxkkkRh32nsWH8Yt_cHT8hg3Jae0QVg[/

That movie sucked dude...so I guess that is kinda funny

cherokeebrewer
1/4/2015, 11:07 AM
If your marriage is stale, you married the wrong woman...

okiewaker
1/4/2015, 01:01 PM
I remember that game like it was yesterday. Bob had the "it" thing back then. It's rubbed off now.

SoCalBigRed
1/7/2015, 12:59 AM
What I don't get, is how come we never saw this sort of offense out of Josh while coaching? Where the Hades, did the shovel pass go!!!???

olevetonahill
1/7/2015, 01:22 AM
What I don't get, is how come we never saw this sort of offense out of Josh while coaching? Where the Hades, did the shovel pass go!!!???

Went the way of the Wish bone. Defenses adjust an something new has to evolve .

DocHemi
1/8/2015, 04:23 PM
Maybe Jason White would like to coach QBs?

sendbaht
1/9/2015, 06:53 AM
that was fun to watch! thanks.