1/3/2015, 07:51 AM
Im staying

olevetonahill
1/3/2015, 08:07 AM
Im staying

Hell Bill, I hope we both stay around at least another season :satellite:

Breadburner
1/3/2015, 09:10 AM
Where did you think Shepard was going.....

Soonerjeepman
1/3/2015, 10:02 AM
well, I guess most "in the know" football folks, thought there was a chance he might take his shot at the draft. Guess you were smarter than them. With the CF of the season, especially the way it ended there was speculation some of these guys would jump ship and a lot of folks could see that. But thanks for being the smarta$$.

Breadburner
1/3/2015, 10:19 AM
Most "In the know folks" knew he wasn't going anywhere......

Widescreen
1/3/2015, 10:30 AM
I never really thought he'd make the jump. You never know for sure until they announce but I don't see him having a high draft grade - at least not yet. Sometimes guys will leave prematurely because their family needs the money but I don't think that's the case here.

SoonerBBall
1/3/2015, 10:40 AM
Most "In the know folks" knew he wasn't going anywhere......

Do you ever finish a thought completely or make a definitive statement? Or do you just not know what ellipses mean?

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2015, 11:36 AM
This shows how fans project their feelings onto players. After the bowl, many on LT predicted all eligible JR's were bolting to the NFL and all our verbal recruits would decommit. Good thing these 18-22yo young men are more mature than our 50yo fans.

Soonerjeepman
1/3/2015, 01:56 PM
if you're referring to me (OP) about my "feelings" about these guys leaving...that's further from the truth. I posted it because, #1 there was talk about him leaving..maybe not real strong but like one poster said until they say they are coming back it's up in the air. #2 next year several on here are already figuring OU will lose a couple of games..who knows..but having these guys back definitely helps.

just my 2 cents

8timechamps
1/3/2015, 04:57 PM
Had Shep stayed healthy and finished the season the way he started, I think he could have been a possible late round pick. Since he never really recovered from his injury, and he knew his odds of being drafted were slim, he made the best decision.

Even if he had been considered a high round pick, I think he would have stayed.

Regardless, I'm glad he'll be on the field next year.

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2015, 05:47 PM
if you're referring to me (OP) about my "feelings" about these guys leaving...that's further from the truth. I posted it because, #1 there was talk about him leaving..maybe not real strong but like one poster said until they say they are coming back it's up in the air. #2 next year several on here are already figuring OU will lose a couple of games..who knows..but having these guys back definitely helps.

just my 2 cents

Nope. "LT" is for landthieves. The folks here do reflect some of the attitudes over there, but that crowd is over the top and probably 50x larger. There were many on the ledge after the bowl predicting the apocalypse for the OU program.

Soonerjeepman
1/3/2015, 06:13 PM
ah...ok.

8timechamps
1/3/2015, 06:16 PM
Nope. "LT" is for landthieves. The folks here do reflect some of the attitudes over there, but that crowd is over the top and probably 50x larger. There were many on the ledge after the bowl predicting the apocalypse for the OU program.

I do frequent LT, and I think you nailed the atmosphere over there. There are some really good posters over there, and the guy that runs it does a good job, but there are a lot of folks that are way over-the-top. In the past six months I've read everything from "move Ross to linebacker" to "Mike Gundy is going to be LSU's new DC".

It's pretty entertaining, but rough.

Soonerjeepman
1/3/2015, 06:19 PM
8time, speaking of Ross. What was your take on him not even trying to run a kick off back out of the end zone. If I remember right (I'm old), I thought a couple were close and was surprised he didn't even think about it.

Coach directive or just him? I can't read minds, but to me it really looked like he didn't GAS on those...just his body language as the ball dropped in the endzone.

BoulderSooner79
1/3/2015, 06:25 PM
I do frequent LT, and I think you nailed the atmosphere over there. There are some really good posters over there, and the guy that runs it does a good job, but there are a lot of folks that are way over-the-top. In the past six months I've read everything from "move Ross to linebacker" to "Mike Gundy is going to be LSU's new DC".

It's pretty entertaining, but rough.

I just read LT - mainly because the size of the forum publishes things much more quickly than here. For example, the Mike-to-LSU and Shep-is-staying was posted over there much sooner than here. They also post lots of rumor threads which I like to read. It's discouraged here and I understand why, but I like to read it anyway and I don't care if it turns out to be bogus - my expectations are low. You are correct they have a few very savvy posters over there, but the signal to noise ratio is tiny and once a thread goes a couple of pages, they signal is completely gone. They also have some guys that are really funny, but a bit too rauchy at times.

Eielson
1/3/2015, 08:28 PM
If Shep had stayed healthy, this would be a huge announcement.

Now it's time for DGB and Heupel announcements. Things are shaping up pretty well so far.

8timechamps
1/3/2015, 08:34 PM
8time, speaking of Ross. What was your take on him not even trying to run a kick off back out of the end zone. If I remember right (I'm old), I thought a couple were close and was surprised he didn't even think about it.

Coach directive or just him? I can't read minds, but to me it really looked like he didn't GAS on those...just his body language as the ball dropped in the endzone.

Man, I don't know. There was at least one he could have returned, but just looked resigned to the fact he wasn't going to take it out. I don't know if it were a coaching thing, but he just seemed as indolent as the rest of the team.

8timechamps
1/3/2015, 08:38 PM
I just read LT - mainly because the size of the forum publishes things much more quickly than here. For example, the Mike-to-LSU and Shep-is-staying was posted over there much sooner than here. They also post lots of rumor threads which I like to read. It's discouraged here and I understand why, but I like to read it anyway and I don't care if it turns out to be bogus - my expectations are low. You are correct they have a few very savvy posters over there, but the signal to noise ratio is tiny and once a thread goes a couple of pages, they signal is completely gone. They also have some guys that are really funny, but a bit too rauchy at times.

I was a long time reader, then decided to join into the conversation. I rarely post, as my loyalty is here.

You're right though, the sheer size of the members means things typically end up there first. I actually read just about every Sooner message board out there, and while that one is the biggest in participation, this one is still the place to come for actual conversation.

LA.SoonerFan
1/5/2015, 09:44 PM
I here Perine is coming back

Soonerjeepman
1/6/2015, 11:53 AM
ya just can't help yourself can ya...always one. Thanks for playing along~ jeeze