PDA

View Full Version : "A Year of Liberal Double Standards"

dwarthog
1/1/2015, 04:23 PM
A good read.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/395526/year-liberal-double-standards-jonah-goldberg

If you work from the dogmatic assumption that liberalism is morally infallible and that liberals are, by definition, pitted against sinister and — more importantly — powerful forces, then it’s easy to explain away what seem like double standards. Any lapse, error, or transgression by conservatives is evidence of their real nature, while similar lapses, errors, and transgressions by liberals are trivial when balanced against the fact that their hearts are in the right place.

Sooner8th
1/1/2015, 06:49 PM
"a good read"? Seriously? You lemmings will believe anything a wingnut writer puts out. This lame *** article that is trying hard to equate speaking to a anti-Semitic, white supremacist group back in 2002 run by none other than David Duke, a former grand wizard of the Klu Klux Klan with bill ayers who this dumbass is trying to claim Barack Obama was friends with a la fellow dumbass sarah palin pallin' around with terrorists. You dumbasses have been trying to link him to obama for years, they are not friends or pals. His spiritual mentor was a vitriolic racist, Jeremiah Wright? So jeremiah wright = david duke? One of his administration’s closest advisers and allies is Al Sharpton, a man who has inspired enough racial violence to make a grand dragon’s white sheets turn green with envy. And al sharpton = david duke too huh?

olevetonahill
1/1/2015, 06:58 PM
Hey dwarthog, Ya got him on the 1st cast LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lli9ABUFZCU

Turd_Ferguson
1/1/2015, 06:58 PM
Great read.

SoonerorLater
1/1/2015, 08:18 PM
Yep, author is spot on. Anybody who would disagree with this has no integrity. No account liberals need to be called out on their dishonesty.

cleller
1/1/2015, 08:44 PM
"a good read"? Seriously? You lemmings will believe anything a wingnut writer puts out.

I've brought this up in several threads, but exactly what do you thing a lemming is, and why do you keep bringing it up?

Soonerjeepman
1/3/2015, 03:37 PM
spot on...it always amazes me, especially on social issues that groups such as the gay groups, etc promote ANYONE has the right to believe and do what they wish...but when it comes to social conservatism folks they don't. The liberal groups promote THEIR agenda and shut anyone down who believes or espouses anything else. Pretty ironic.

Course their rational is that the opposing views impede THEIR life, but can't understand promoting their views as the rules impede other lives.
Anytime I've asked libs about this in person, they quickly change the subject.

OU68
1/4/2015, 12:01 PM
Every media report of the police shootings was "unarmed black killed by white". The NY incident - "two officers assassinated by lone gunman".

No bias there, move along.

Sooner8th
1/4/2015, 12:02 PM
spot on...it always amazes me, especially on social issues that groups such as the gay groups, etc promote ANYONE has the right to believe and do what they wish...but when it comes to social conservatism folks they don't. The liberal groups promote THEIR agenda and shut anyone down who believes or espouses anything else. Pretty ironic. Course their rational is that the opposing views impede THEIR life, but can't understand promoting their views as the rules impede other lives. Anytime I've asked libs about this in person, they quickly change the subject.Show me where liberals are trying to take rights away from conservatives, like conservatives are trying to take rights away from liberals.

Sooner8th
1/4/2015, 12:14 PM
Every media report of the police shootings was "unarmed black killed by white". The NY incident - "two officers assassinated by lone gunman".No bias there, move along.Show me where it says anything about race. http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/20/justice/ny-chokehold-death/

Sooner8th
1/4/2015, 12:23 PM
From the new york times the most liberal paper in the country, again show me where it says the color or race of either. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/19/nyregion/staten-island-man-dies-after-he-is-put-in-chokehold-during-arrest.html?_r=0

olevetonahill
1/4/2015, 01:49 PM
From the new york times the most liberal paper in the country, again
show me where it says the color or race of either. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/19/nyregion/staten-island-man-dies-after-he-is-put-in-chokehold-during-arrest.html?_r=0

A picture is worth a thousand words
http://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/07/19/nyregion/19CHOKEHOLD3/19CHOKEHOLD3-blog427.jpg

Sooner8th
1/4/2015, 02:26 PM
A picture is worth a thousand wordshttp://static01.nyt.com/images/2014/07/19/nyregion/19CHOKEHOLD3/19CHOKEHOLD3-blog427.jpgAGAIN - no where does it say "unarmed black killed by white". So the "biased" media can't show a picture of the incident?

Since71ASooner4Life
1/4/2015, 02:54 PM
Show me where liberals are trying to take rights away from conservatives, like conservatives are trying to take rights away from liberals.

Interesting that a liberal mentions taking away rights. The only actual rights are those written into law, and those are the rights which liberals want to deny others. What a liberal typically considers their rights are simply a matter of opinions and beliefs - such as their perceived right to shamelessly reach into someone else's pockets under the pretense of fairness. You have everything 180 degrees backward, but the good news is there is always time to grow up.

Sooner8th
1/4/2015, 02:59 PM
Interesting that a liberal mentions taking away rights. The only actual rights are those written into law, and those are the rights which liberals want to deny others. What a liberal typically considers their rights are simply a matter of opinions and beliefs - such as their perceived right to shamelessly reach into someone else's pockets under the pretense of fairness. You have everything 180 degrees backward, but the good news is there is always time to grow up.What rights written into law that liberals want to deny others? How exactly are liberals reaching into someone else's pockets under the pretense of fairness?

Turd_Ferguson
1/4/2015, 04:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlBxWNZCcAA7KRa.jpg

OU68
1/4/2015, 04:21 PM
Show me where it says anything about race. http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/20/justice/ny-chokehold-death/

On Saturday, Garner's friends and family rallied alongside the Rev. Al Sharpton in Upper Manhattan, demanding a full investigation into Garner's death, according to WCBS.

Guess I've missed all those white folks Al has visited.

Sooner8th
1/4/2015, 05:43 PM
On Saturday, Garner's friends and family rallied alongside the Rev. Al Sharpton in Upper Manhattan, demanding a full investigation into Garner's death, according to WCBS.Guess I've missed all those white folks Al has visited.You claimed - Every media report of the police shootings was "unarmed black killed by white". I just showed you two that never mentioned race. Now you want to pull out al sharpton rallying alongside Garner's friends and family?

olevetonahill
1/4/2015, 06:01 PM
You claimed - Every media report of the
police shootings was "unarmed black killed by white". I just showed you two that never mentioned race. Now you want to pull out al sharpton rallying alongside Garner's friends and family?

Mortard, Garner wernt Shot, Fat dude died of a heartattack :satellite:

Sooner8th
1/4/2015, 08:15 PM
Mortard, Garner wernt Shot, Fat dude died of a heartattack :satellite:What the fvck ignorant point are you trying to make? Why would he, OU68, post about sharpton marching with garner family if he was not talking about him? You are a DUMBASS. Really low IQ, you stand on your dog don't you?

olevetonahill
1/4/2015, 08:23 PM
What the fvck ignorant point are you trying to make? Why would he, OU68, post about sharpton marching with garner family if he was not talking about him? You are a DUMBASS. Really low IQ, you stand on your dog don't you?

You are a Bitter little man aint ya? My point my friend is YOU said he "Said every report of Police shootings" or somesuch. I simply pointed out Garner wasnt SHOT. No his race wasnt mentioned in that article YOU posted but his Picture was and His Mommas! So in a word you are wrong again as usual

Turd_Ferguson
1/4/2015, 08:23 PM
you stand on your dog don't you?Case in point.

SoonerorLater
1/4/2015, 08:27 PM
"A Year of Liberal Double Standards"

Every year is a year of liberal double standards.

Sooner8th
1/4/2015, 08:55 PM
"A Year of Liberal Double Standards" Every year is a year of liberal double standards.First off lets start off with TYLER DURDEN you dumbass. Second, conservative/republican hypocrisy, double standards and complete lack of integrity has been on display forever. Let's start with dumbasses making fun if kerry for marrying into wealth - cash and carry - then four years later not a word is spoken about mccain doing the same damn thing, mocking a battle wounded AMERICAN HERO WITH MULTIPLE METALS while ignoring his opponents dodging the draft and combat, making fun and mocking gore for making himself rich while celebrating romeny's wealth. If you want a recent example - huckable letting a CONVICTED FELON OUT OF JAIL AND KILLING TWO COPS WHILE HAMMERING MICHEAL DUKAKIS FOR CONTINUING A REPUBLICAN PROGRAM OF EARLY RELEASE TO SAVE MONEY!

REDREX
1/4/2015, 09:06 PM
And the Dems lying about Obamacare to get it passed----Now that shows INTEGRITY

Sooner8th
1/4/2015, 09:25 PM
And the Dems lying about Obamacare to get it passed----Now that shows INTEGRITYwawawawaWWWWAAAAA OBAMACARE WAWAWAWAWA. I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK! Let's talk about, tax cuts for the wealthy pay for themselves, we can cut taxes to the wealthy and raise defense spending and still balance the budget. READ MY LIPS, NO NEW TAXES. Tax cuts will not drive us into the deficit, tax cuts will only drive us into a deficit for a few years. Iraq has WMD'S. And your favorite - cuttin' capital gains taxes causes capital gains tax revenues to go up.

REDREX
1/4/2015, 09:33 PM
You are a very sad and angry little man

Sooner8th
1/4/2015, 09:38 PM
You are a Bitter little man aint ya? My point my friend is YOU said he "Said every report of Police shootings" or somesuch. I simply pointed out Garner wasnt SHOT. No his race wasnt mentioned in that article YOU posted but his Picture was and His Mommas! So in a word you are wrong again as usualYou are just a little ignorant, dumbass, inbred hillbilly aren't you? The poster used garner as an example, not me. Try again dumbass.

olevetonahill
1/4/2015, 09:51 PM
You are just a little ignorant, dumbass, inbred hillbilly aren't you? The poster used garner as an example, not me. Try again dumbass.

You said "Shooting"
thanks for playing.

Sooner8th
1/4/2015, 11:47 PM
You said "Shooting" thanks for playing.It was OU68 who said shooter - he used the New York shooting as an example. The New York shooting was a direct result of the deaths of both brown and Garner. If that is the game you want to play then show me the mention of race in the stl post story about brown's shooting. http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/ferguson-day-one-wrapup-officer-kills-ferguson-teen/article_04e3885b-4131-5e49-b784-33cd3acbe7f1.html

olevetonahill
1/5/2015, 12:39 AM
It was OU68 who said shooter - he used the New York shooting as an example. The New York shooting was a direct result of the deaths of both brown and Garner. If that is the game you want to play then show me the mention of race in the stl post story about brown's shooting. http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/ferguson-day-one-wrapup-officer-kills-ferguson-teen/article_04e3885b-4131-5e49-b784-33cd3acbe7f1.html

I dont want to play any more, You're a nasty person who changes the rules.

Sooner8th
1/5/2015, 06:54 AM
I dont want to play any more, You're a nasty person who changes the rules. HUH typical - it is you who kept changing the rules. OU68 made a claim about shootings and nyc. When I blow up your ignorant little circle jerk of "lamestream" media bias, you pout like the little boy you are and don't want to play anymore. wwwwaaaaaWWWWAAAAA I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!

OU68
1/5/2015, 11:31 AM
HUH typical - it is you who kept changing the rules. OU68 made a claim about shootings and nyc. When I blow up your ignorant little circle jerk of "lamestream" media bias, you pout like the little boy you are and don't want to play anymore. wwwwaaaaaWWWWAAAAA I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!

Don't argue with Google boy - he can always find an article that supports his position. Question: when I passed 1 million miles I got lifetime Gold status from the airline. What's the post count for the Golden Troll award?

Sooner8th
1/5/2015, 12:50 PM
Don't argue with Google boy - he can always find an article that supports his position. Question: when I passed 1 million miles I got lifetime Gold status from the airline. What's the post count for the Golden Troll award?AGAIN - You claimed - Every media report of the police shootings was "unarmed black killed by white". So I show you now three examples of you being wrong. Both local papers did not mention race in their stories about the deaths. This is just another ignorant rightwingnut lemming conservative circle jerk about the "lamstream" media. Why don't you just admit you're wrong and move on.

SoonerorLater
1/5/2015, 01:11 PM
Don't argue with Google boy - he can always find an article that supports his position. Question: when I passed 1 million miles I got lifetime Gold status from the airline. What's the post count for the Golden Troll award?

Troll,yes. Golden no. More like the Greasy Brown Stain Troll Award.

Sooner8th
1/5/2015, 01:51 PM
Troll,yes. Golden no. More like the Greasy Brown Stain Troll Award.tyler durden

OU68
1/5/2015, 01:54 PM
AGAIN - You claimed - Every media report of the police shootings was "unarmed black killed by white". So I show you now three examples of you being wrong. Both local papers did not mention race in their stories about the deaths. This is just another ignorant rightwingnut lemming conservative circle jerk about the "lamstream" media. Why don't you just admit you're wrong and move on.

Every, every, every. Yes, I said every & everyone (does that count) on here, including you knew what I meant. It's an innerweb message board, not a legal deposition.

Sooner8th
1/5/2015, 02:17 PM
Every, every, every. Yes, I said every & everyone (does that count) on here, including you knew what I meant. It's an innerweb message board, not a legal deposition.You do understand it is posted on here. Every media report of the police shootings was "unarmed black killed by white". The NY incident - "two officers assassinated by lone gunman".No bias there, move along. Is what you said. Not whatever you are trying to change it to now. You try to generalize a statement to try to bash the "lamestream" media and you overstated. Just another rightwingnut circle jerk.

FaninAma
1/5/2015, 02:48 PM
You are a very sad and angry little man

http://oneofus.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/angry-elf.gif

OU68
1/5/2015, 10:22 PM
I fart in your general direction. More posts toward your Gold Troll award.

Sooner8th
1/6/2015, 08:13 AM
I fart in your general direction. More posts toward your Gold Troll award.Boy the ignorant trolls on this board hate it when their ignorant little circle jerks about liberals get blown up.

SoonerorLater
1/6/2015, 09:05 AM
^^^^^^^^^^ Troll Alert ^^^^^^^^^^^

Characteristics of a troll #

"2. An obvious glee and elated satisfaction is aroused in them when people join the fight and reply to their deliberately disruptive comments."

Sooner8th
1/6/2015, 03:35 PM
^^^^^^^^^^ Troll Alert ^^^^^^^^^^^Characteristics of a troll #"2. An obvious glee and elated satisfaction is aroused in them when people join the fight and reply to their deliberately disruptive comments."^^^^^^^^^^ Idiot Alert ^^^^^^^^^^^Characteristics of a Idiot #2 Posting how GDP data was manipulated into higher numbers written by TYLER DURDEN.

cleller
1/10/2015, 04:22 PM
Boy the ignorant trolls on this board hate it when their ignorant little circle jerks about liberals get blown up.

In regard to ignorance:

You're incessantly arguing and fighting over the internet with a hillbilly, and a guy named Turd, you know.