PDA

View Full Version : Timings involved with coaching changes????

dwarthog
1/1/2015, 11:40 AM
So let's say there might be actual coaching changes.

Are there some considerations with regards to when to make the changes?

Not impact recruiting etc.?

I see that strong has already pulled the trigger and fired a couple of coaches.

Maybe the folks with some actual insight into the college game have some insight they can share?

Soonerjeepman
1/1/2015, 12:27 PM
I mentioned that in another thread. One response was Stoops has always waited to make any changes til after signing day. Not sure if that is true or not...but if that is the case that is a chickenshi% thing to do in my book. Get the kids on the hook then cut their coach.

Yeah, I have little faith that anything will get changed. The longer it goes the less it seems. Crap there were teams that fired guys BEFORE their bowl. Horns fired a couple the day after their bowl...

BoulderSooner79
1/1/2015, 12:38 PM
I think it was 8time that said changes will be made post-NSD. I'm sure there are pros and cons for any timing of changes. I'm sure the kids signing on are told things that we don't hear, although probably not specifics. The recruits must know that coaching staffs will change during their careers, even if it's just at the assistant levels, so I don't see it as a big deal waiting until post-NSD. I say that with the caveat that they will not be flat out lied to. A con I can see about waiting is missing out on highly desired coaches that switch to other schools in the meantime.

Soonerjeepman
1/1/2015, 03:20 PM
agreed bs79

Aries
1/1/2015, 03:32 PM
I'm fairly sure if the head coach or coordinator is fired, they are not bound by signing. I would assume that's true even if position coaches are fired. For that matter I'm not sure how binding it is in any case, since kids sometimes seem to change their mind after signing. i could be wrong about any of that, hopefully someone who knows will comment, but I don't really think they are "on the hook" if coaches get fired after NSD.