PDA

View Full Version : Will the whorns try to hire Boulware away from us?

aurorasooner
12/31/2014, 03:40 PM
I guess Charlie canned a couple of offensive position coaches and Boulware is mentioned as one of their possible targets.

Those names include former Texas tight end Derek Lewis, who is currently the tight end coach at Florida, and Oklahoma tight ends and special teams coach Jay Boulware. Boulware played offensive tackle for Texas under John Mackovic and is originally from Irving.

http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Charlie-Strong-Les-Koenning-Bruce-Chambers-34286384

Eielson
12/31/2014, 03:41 PM
...but our TEs are so good!

aurorasooner
12/31/2014, 03:56 PM
...but our TEs are so good!Outside of Perine, our whole offense just wasn't very good.

With all that preseason spew about B Bell moving over to TE and how great he might be, I wouldn't be surprised if any of our coaches try to get out of that dumpster fire. Looks like at least one may be in play, just not any of the ones we want to go.

Sooner8th
12/31/2014, 04:59 PM
Isn't it amazing the other high profile programs that didn't preform up to expectations immediately fired coaches when the season was over and we are still standing pat.

Soonerjeepman
12/31/2014, 05:24 PM
the fact they have already fired 2 guys and OU nothin, pretty much shows me nothing will happen with OU. We'll see

cvsooner
12/31/2014, 05:57 PM
Isn't it amazing the other high profile programs that didn't preform up to expectations immediately fired coaches when the season was over and we are still standing pat.

No. Stoops has always, when he's cut an assistant coach, has waited until after National Signing Day. Don't know what the terms of the contracts are, either. So the fact that he hasn't cut anyone yet is indicative of exactly nothing.

Eielson
12/31/2014, 06:07 PM

...and they're trying to hire ours. That's brilliant.

Blue
12/31/2014, 08:14 PM
Looking at our special teams (aside from the lone bright spot in Ross) , they can have him.

BoulderSooner79
12/31/2014, 08:27 PM
Looking at our special teams (aside from the lone bright spot in Ross) , they can have him.

Well, our KO returns were critical in 2 of our wins and we only won 8, so I'd say that's a big deal. I don't see the coach having much part of Hunnicutt falling apart and Shep just didn't have a feel for punt returns. Coverage was good and that Tyreek Hill return was clearly the punters fault as all the coverage went left and he punted to the right.

I don't see the ST coach as a big deal, but I can see why another team might be interested. The bigger question for me, would be his role as TE coach.

BlownGP
12/31/2014, 09:51 PM
I think bell is actually a good tight end. He made some great catches when he did get the ball, but it takes two and right now we don't have a QB worth a damn.

bluedogok
12/31/2014, 11:14 PM
Bell wasn't given a good chance to show what he could do at TE, that would require a QB who could throw a route over the middle.

Tear Down This Wall
1/1/2015, 07:44 PM
I'd trade Boulware for Chambers in a heartbeat.

okiewaker
1/1/2015, 09:27 PM
A tight end coach for OU is very similar to an appendix. It's function is unknown.

EatLeadCommie
1/1/2015, 09:28 PM
I think bell is actually a good tight end. He made some great catches when he did get the ball, but it takes two and right now we don't have a QB worth a damn.

He was our second best receiver this year. Showed great hands and was consistent, unlike Neal.