BermudaSooner
12/30/2014, 03:16 PM
Just saw on twitter. Good luck Jordan.

Eielson
12/30/2014, 03:21 PM
****!

EatLeadCommie
12/30/2014, 03:24 PM
Big shock. Anybody who can jump ship is going to after that mess yesterday.

Eielson
12/30/2014, 03:24 PM
The D-line was the lone bright spot of last night's game. If Tapper goes, too, we're basically starting over from scratch.

BermudaSooner
12/30/2014, 03:27 PM
Twitter post was "To sooner nation thank you for a great four years at the best university in America. After a thorough but difficult decision I have decided to enter the 2015 NFL draft. Thanks for your support through everything. #Boomer #Sooner"

BermudaSooner
12/30/2014, 03:28 PM
Basically the only Jordan that didn't suck last night.

EatLeadCommie
12/30/2014, 03:28 PM
Yep. Starting from scratch on the DL, and pretty much everywhere else too. Next year is probably going to be worse. We no longer reload, and we don't seem to be rebuilding either.

soonergirlNeugene
12/30/2014, 03:29 PM
Last night Striker said he was coming back for his Sr year

stoops the eternal pimp
12/30/2014, 03:44 PM
Smart move for him.. Possibly work his way into the first round..Could be the best NT to come out since Haloti.

cvsooner
12/30/2014, 03:48 PM
Especially with his iffy back problem. He needs to get a paycheck as soon as he is able. The big question for him is whether or not a team will take a gamble on him. It may make for an interesting contract situation.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/30/2014, 03:49 PM
Doctors will give him the run down, but there is little concern about his back right now..Has a lot of good film to show, including yesterday.

Eielson
12/30/2014, 03:52 PM
Big shock. Anybody who can jump ship is going to after that mess yesterday.

I think it's more about the fact that he played himself into the first round and has major injury concerns moving forward (that most teams will overlook now, but not if he came back and got hurt again).

I don't expect us to be completely dry on the D-line. D-line is about the only position on our defense I'm confident we can reload at. It's the 7 or 8 guys behind itm

Texas Golfer
12/30/2014, 03:56 PM
While I'm disappointed by his decision, I do wish him the best of luck.

FaninAma
12/30/2014, 04:00 PM
Very smart decision. I wish the kid luck.

SoonerMarkVA
12/30/2014, 04:27 PM
If I were on this year's train wreck and thought I could get drafted on the first day, I'd be gone too. What are the odds DGB says the same thing, and Mixon ends up saying "thanks, but no thanks"?

Jordan Phillips is a beast, and I hope he dominates in the NFL. Smart and soft-spoken, too. One of my favorite players recently.

Soonerjeepman
12/30/2014, 04:31 PM
Tapper would be smart to go as well...

Texas Golfer
12/30/2014, 04:46 PM
If I were on this year's train wreck and thought I could get drafted on the first day, I'd be gone too. What are the odds DGB says the same thing, and Mixon ends up saying "thanks, but no thanks"?

Jordan Phillips is a beast, and I hope he dominates in the NFL. Smart and soft-spoken, too. One of my favorite players recently.

Mixon will be back. If not, he'd have to sit out a year.

BoulderSooner79
12/30/2014, 04:48 PM
I doubt yesterday's game had any part in his decision; I'm sure that had already been determined. It would surprise me if any other players leave early - maybe Tapper. Shepard just seems so connected to OU and Stoops, I just don't see him leaving. Also, he is a true JR and not a 4 year player. It will be hard for Striker to find a position in the NFL given his size and he could use another year to become more versatile.

EDIT: I didn't include DBG because I don't really count him as being part of the team. Whatever he does won't surprise me as I don't know anything about his life since coming to Norman.

stoopified
12/30/2014, 05:03 PM
good luck

Piware
12/30/2014, 05:12 PM
We will really miss him next year but hope he is a great success in the NFL. He has earned it.

pappy
12/30/2014, 07:32 PM
Smart move on his part. He has the body for the NFL and he's ready and he just completely a healthy season after coming off a back injury showing that he is durable. I don't think any other underclassmen is ready for the league. Tapper is solid, but he could use another year of development. Striker is too small and needs to spend the off season in the weight room. Shepard would be the only other 1 that should even let the thought cross his mind, and he won't be a high draft pick whether he stays or goes, but right now he is a late round pick cause of coming off the injury, where as if he comes back and stays healthy he could be a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Breadburner
12/30/2014, 08:47 PM
Striker to small....LOl.....