PDA

View Full Version : Stoops post game presser?

Soonerjeepman
12/30/2014, 12:55 AM
nothing?....

EatLeadCommie
12/30/2014, 01:05 AM
said blame starts with him... said he's pretty good at not having knee-jerk reactions (response to question about shaking up the staff)...typical Bobspeak.

Soonerjeepman
12/30/2014, 01:08 AM
did you hear this or is it posted? I tried to look on official site but didn't have it yet.

LOL, yeah really don't expect anything different from the last 4 losses...

Sooner8th
12/30/2014, 01:11 AM
said blame starts with him... said he's pretty good at not having knee-jerk reactions (response to question about shaking up the staff)...typical Bobspeak.in other words - has my paycheck been deposited? It better had or back to blake.

EatLeadCommie
12/30/2014, 01:12 AM
Just gleaned the info off different press reports about the game. I have not seen a transcript of the presser itself.

Soonerjeepman
12/30/2014, 01:15 AM
ah, okay. Guess wait til tomorrow.

Kind of ironic nothing yet...ah well.

birddog
12/30/2014, 01:23 AM
Coaches, players, jock strap getters, towel guys, all need to do better and fix this. That's all I hear anymore. It's played out.

soonergirlNeugene
12/30/2014, 08:50 AM
Found a short video (11:40) up on soonersports. http://www.soonersports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000/

OUmillenium
12/30/2014, 08:55 AM
TW guy called him out on bowl losses and he got pissy saying you should mention the bowl wins, too.

Jack T.
12/30/2014, 09:06 AM
Tougher questions from press. (paraphrased)

Q: "Is there anything for fans to feel good about?"
A: "well, not really other than 8 wins"

Q: "what do you do to keep this from happening again"
A: "we all need to improve"

Q: "do you have kneejerk reactions and want to replace assistants"
A: "I'm good at not having kneejerk reactions. . .[insert standard "we've had a bunch of wins and championships speech here"]

Q: "huge bowl game blowouts"
A: "what we're doing works. . .sometimes" [insert cocky/angry Bob here]

Q: "was TK having a bad game?"
A: "I'm not gonna single people out. . .TK/receivers could have been better"

Q: "given the injuries, did people get down and not work hard?"
A: "possibly, but I don't think so"

Q: "lots of QB turnovers"
A: "fair to say the QB position is open"

Q: "what are your emotions when the game gets away from you?"
A: "avoid question"

Q: "are you the guy, going forward, are you the guy that is gonna say 'I have the energy to turn this thing around'?"
A: "I've always been that guy"

Texas Golfer
12/30/2014, 09:11 AM
What can he say? We got shellacked. More often than not, quotes hurt rather than help. It's best not to say something that will bite him in the ***.

Eielson
12/30/2014, 03:21 PM
I don't see any reason to complain about his press conference. He basically said there wasn't much good to say about this year, that he's disappointed in the state of the program, and that he has to do better. He also said some things like the fact that OU is the only team in the country to win at least 8 games since 2000, but he's right, and he said that's not enough.

Soonerjeepman
12/30/2014, 05:10 PM
oh I wasn't going to complain...I was just curious what he had to say about this butt whippin. I was glad to hear every position is open...but we'll see what happens next spring...or fall.

Piware
12/30/2014, 05:10 PM
in other words - has my paycheck been deposited? It better had or back to blake.

Did Stoops turn you down for a loan or something? It's not YOUR money.