PDA

View Full Version : Dirty baylor

GDC
12/29/2014, 08:03 PM
It was good to hear someone call out Shawn Oakman for the dirty player he is. It amazes me how certain players get away with that crap.

SicEmBaylor
12/29/2014, 09:03 PM
It was good to hear someone call out Shawn Oakman for the dirty player he is. It amazes me how certain players get away with that crap.

http://catholic20something.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/hatersgonnahate.jpg

SicEmBaylor
12/29/2014, 09:04 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/cd/cd1f74079a527a42fc5954b634786f4dc860ebbca7eb17fe6d d81a174f3cff8f.jpg

SicEmBaylor
12/29/2014, 09:05 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/53904585.jpg

TAFBSooner
12/30/2014, 12:31 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/53904585.jpg

Somebody slipped SicEm some 90 proof Zima.

Soonerjeepman
12/30/2014, 12:33 AM
really sic'em? it was a cheap dirty shot. I'd be more impressed if you would actually agree. It's over, league did nothing...but doesn't change the fact it was.

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2014, 12:35 AM
really sic'em? it was a cheap dirty shot. I'd be more impressed if you would actually agree. It's over, league did nothing...but doesn't change the fact it was.

The only cheap shot by Oakman that I've ever seen, or any other Baylor defender, was when he took his knee to that Tech player. The so-called 'hit' against Knight is ambiguous at best. It has always looked to me like pure momentum, and while he may have been leading with his arm...it certainly was not his intention to hurt Knight. In any case, it wasn't Oakman that injured Knight on that play whether you think it was a cheap shot or not.

In addition, cheap shots happen all the freaking time in football. Sour grapes are the only reason people are piling on Oakman. He deserves condemnation for the knee incident -- there is no argument from me there.

8timechamps
12/30/2014, 12:44 AM
The only cheap shot by Oakman that I've ever seen, or any other Baylor defender, was when he took his knee to that Tech player. The so-called 'hit' against Knight is ambiguous at best. It has always looked to me like pure momentum, and while he may have been leading with his arm...it certainly was not his intention to hurt Knight. In any case, it wasn't Oakman that injured Knight on that play whether you think it was a cheap shot or not.

In addition, cheap shots happen all the freaking time in football. Sour grapes are the only reason people are piling on Oakman. He deserves condemnation for the knee incident -- there is no argument from me there.

He may not have intended to hurt Knight, but to call that hit "ambiguous" is crazy talk. I've played a lot of football in my life, and never once found it necessary to put my forearm near an opponents head while he's going down, nor have I seen it done by any team mate I've ever had. That wasn't an accident.

EatLeadCommie
12/30/2014, 12:47 AM
Even my huge Baylor fan alumna GF conceded to me tonight that it was a cheap shot. She had not seen the play since the game and I had told her that while I didn't think it was a late hit, it was most certainly a cheap shot. She agreed when she saw them replay it tonight.

Cheap is cheap. We can sit here and argue until we are blue in the face that Suh might not have meant to step on Rodgers' ankle either, but we all know he did. I don't think Oakman meant to temporarily incapacitate TK like Suh did with Rodgers, but it was without question a cheap shot and was worse than probably 90% of the things that are flagged as hits to the head these days.

Soonerjeepman
12/30/2014, 12:51 AM
and while he may have been leading with his arm...it certainly was not his intention to hurt Knight. .

wow...talking about being blinded by your team loyalty....ya got to be $htting me..."may have been leading"...I'd say 99% of ANYONE watching that would disagree with ya.

Not sour grapes...I said it was over...league did nothing. As far as his "intent" you know this how? I can just as easily argue it was his intent. IF you lead with your forearm TO THE HEAD I'm pretty sure of what your intent is....your right it's football, a lot happens. Even the mighty holy baylor players can play "dirty" despite what you believe.

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2014, 12:51 AM
Even my huge Baylor fan alumna GF conceded to me tonight that it was a cheap shot. She had not seen the play since the game and I had told her that while I didn't think it was a late hit, it was most certainly a cheap shot. She agreed when she saw them replay it tonight.

Cheap is cheap. We can sit here and argue until we are blue in the face that Suh might not have meant to step on Rodgers' ankle either, but we all know he did. I don't think Oakman meant to temporarily incapacitate TK like Suh did with Rodgers, but it was without question a cheap shot and was worse than probably 90% of the things that are flagged as hits to the head these days.

I would never put Oakman and Suh in the same sentence. But I think the total opposite of your g/f. I think the hit was technically late.

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2014, 12:55 AM
wow...talking about being blinded by your team loyalty....ya got to be $htting me..."may have been leading"...I'd say 99% of ANYONE watching that would disagree with ya.

Not sour grapes...I said it was over...league did nothing. As far as his "intent" you know this how? I can just as easily argue it was his intent. IF you lead with your forearm TO THE HEAD I'm pretty sure of what your intent is....your right it's football, a lot happens. Even the mighty holy baylor players can play "dirty" despite what you believe.

You're making a big assumption that he was aiming for Knight's head even if one were to agree he was leading with his forearm. You can no more prove that he intentionally aimed for the head than I can in saying that he had no intention of hurting Knight. If we're all just sitting around spewing off pure conjecture then we might as well drop the subject since there are no relevant facts, the refs didn't call a penalty, and the league made no judgement on the issue.

Now if we want to talk about that knee to the Tech player then I'm in full agreement. In any case, it astounds me that people are sitll upset by this. Cheap shots happen ALL the time (and I am in no way agreeing that it was a cheap shot) in football. This is absolutely no different were it, in fact, a cheap shot. I'm sure much much worse happens at the bottom of a tackling-pile.

Soonerjeepman
12/30/2014, 01:02 AM
lol, I can't believe you still are even arguing that he wasn't leading with his forearm...you really are blind.

Never saw the tech play. Never said he was a "dirty player" for the most part...I don't know him from adam. I do KNOW he led with his forearm, while knight was already down, game completely in control by baylor. Circumstantial evidence shows me it was a cheap shot and he knew it. End of discussion for me. You can keep promoting the situation as they way you want.

I'm pretty sure if an OU guy did that to your qb you'd be saying the same thing...but it's easy to say no with it not happening. Again, you justify it by saying cheap shots happen all the time...fine, just admit it was a cheap shot then and move on, or not. No sweat off my nads.

I also have to wonder why you continue to defend him/the shot. Why do you GAS about it?

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2014, 01:37 AM
lol, I can't believe you still are even arguing that he wasn't leading with his forearm...you really are blind.

Never saw the tech play. Never said he was a "dirty player" for the most part...I don't know him from adam. I do KNOW he led with his forearm, while knight was already down, game completely in control by baylor. Circumstantial evidence shows me it was a cheap shot and he knew it. End of discussion for me. You can keep promoting the situation as they way you want.

I'm pretty sure if an OU guy did that to your qb you'd be saying the same thing...but it's easy to say no with it not happening. Again, you justify it by saying cheap shots happen all the time...fine, just admit it was a cheap shot then and move on, or not. No sweat off my nads.

I also have to wonder why you continue to defend him/the shot. Why do you GAS about it?

I didn't deny he was leading with his forearm; I'm simply saying there's nothing conclusive that he intended to lead with his forearm or that he intentionally targeted Knight's head. I'm not defending him when it's obvious; the knee to the Tech player was obvious and indefensible.

Why do I GAS? Because the title of the thread unequivocally labels the program as dirty.

Tear Down This Wall
12/30/2014, 01:45 AM
So stupid. Quit complaining about Practice Squad Manziel getting hurt in the Baylor game. We're graduates and fans of a college that openly touts Brain Bosroid and the shenanigans he brought when he was here.

Give me a break. If our current offensive coaches could recognize QB talent, it wouldn't be a problem.

Sign a QB who can see over the OL, and someone whose brain sends signals to his arm fast enough to get the ball out...so that he isn't hit and sacked!

Idiotic, pathetic loser talk. Some people here are turning into Pokes to the core! Awful.

Face reality: PSM is a china doll who doesn't have a quick enough release to play at this level. Let him transfer down to Texas State, Sam Houston State, Stephen F Austin State, Angelo State, Sul Ross State, or some other State school back down in Texas. If any of our offensive coaches has an IQ over 73, PSM has played his last snap here.

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2014, 01:55 AM
So stupid. Quit complaining about Practice Squad Manziel getting hurt in the Baylor game. We're graduates and fans of a college that openly touts Brain Bosroid and the shenanigans he brought when he was here.

Give me a break. If our current offensive coaches could recognize QB talent, it wouldn't be a problem.

Sign a QB who can see over the OL, and someone whose brain sends signals to his arm fast enough to get the ball out...so that he isn't hit and sacked!

Idiotic, pathetic loser talk. Some people here are turning into Pokes to the core! Awful.

Face reality: PSM is a china doll who doesn't have a quick enough release to play at this level. Let him transfer down to Texas State, Sam Houston State, Stephen F Austin State, Angelo State, Sul Ross State, or some other State school back down in Texas. If any of our offensive coaches has an IQ over 73, PSM has played his last snap here.

First time I've ever agreed with you. It's astounding OU is this whiny over something like that. OU is better than that.

Tear Down This Wall
12/30/2014, 02:09 AM
First time I've ever agreed with you. It's astounding OU is this whiny over something like that. OU is better than that.

The fan base here is lost. Next thing you know, Bob will be babbling like Mack Brown about the wind playing a factor in his losses.

This fan base and coaching staff is becoming Oklahoma State. That mouse-brain Mike Gundy said the win over us this year was the biggest of his 10 year career. What a dope. That moron (somehow) has a conference title and won a BCS bowl, yet beating an 8-5 OU squad rates the best for him.

We are becoming like that. It's why some people here were beginning to argue that beating Texas Tech was a big game win. Stupid.

It's horrifying for those of us that grew up on a Big 8 that once had teams finish 1-2-3 in a season, and in the final year had four teams finish in the Top 10.

olevetonahill
12/30/2014, 02:16 AM

Wrong Camel Breath! Ive showed you the shot where Oakman came in AFTER 2 Baylor defenders had TK down then Brought that Elbow up into TKs chin
YOU agreed . Now if You renege on that Then Go **** yerself!

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2014, 02:34 AM
Wrong Camel Breath! Ive showed you the shot where Oakman came in AFTER 2 Baylor defenders had TK down then Brought that Elbow up into TKs chin
YOU agreed . Now if You renege on that Then Go **** yerself!

I agreed Oakman was slightly late getting to the QB. I never said he intentionally elbowed Knight. You act as if Knight had been down an eternity before Oakman came in, but it was barely half a second late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI_JuuBFX4A

What is it you always suggest? GADOCADWI? That's my suggestion. Get over it and stop whining.

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2014, 02:37 AM
Here's a better view. It seems pretty clear to me that his forearm hit Knight in the chest. If anything, it was his wrist that caught Knight's chin, but it looks pretty obvious that he was going for Knight's chest not his head....his entire forearm (aside from his hand) hits Knight in the chest not the head. Go to :18 in the video and hit the space bar continuously to see the video frame-by-frame. Oakman's entire arm is on Knight's chest except for his wrist which barely seems to clip Knight's chin. In any case, I'm finished arguing over this asinine ****. Worse hits take place every single day in football. I'd suggest getting over it and moving on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPk2rd_hfNk

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/gopback/oakman_zps49ab2349.jpg

olevetonahill
12/30/2014, 02:39 AM
I agreed Oakman was slightly late getting to the QB. I never said he intentionally elbowed Knight. You act as if Knight had been down an eternity before Oakman came in, but it was barely half a second late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI_JuuBFX4A

What is it you always suggest? GADOCADWI? That's my suggestion. Get over it and stop whining.

Fair enough. 1/2 a second? then May i respectfully tell YOU to **** off!
Lets consider ourselves Unfriended ok?That was a Cheap shot If one Of our players had done the Same I'd have been calling em OUT, Not being a Piussy and trying to justify it!
Good BY

Serenity Now
12/30/2014, 11:07 AM
Dirty play. I don't know why you feel the need to defend it. It happens in football. OU players have done similar things.

FaninAma
12/30/2014, 11:46 AM

TDTW, your reply is nonsensical. Player ability has nothing to do with said player getting injured on a dirty hit. i wouldn't care if it was the 120th player on a 120 man roster...I would still be upset at the type of hit Oakman delivered. You almost seem glad Knight got hurt because you are upset at the performance of the team this year. That's pretty vindictive on your part.

And Sicem, its not just OU fans that think Baylor is dirty....its the entire league. If that's the reputation you want for your program then you are indeed a weird person.

Dallas
12/30/2014, 12:45 PM
Fair enough. 1/2 a second? then May i respectfully tell YOU to **** off!
Lets consider ourselves Unfriended ok?That was a Cheap shot If one Of our players had done the Same I'd have been calling em OUT, Not being a Piussy and trying to justify it!
Good BY

Oh now you aren't friends? This ain't Facebook baby.

Seriously no clue what Sic brings to this forum. 20k+ in a forum of a team you are not a fan of?

Flippin get a dog or a GF or something already. Have they been kicked from all of the Baylor boards or something and I just don't know about it?

/Queue them running off and dropping my rating again like a 9 yr old.

G'day yall

olevetonahill
12/30/2014, 12:48 PM
Oh now you aren't friends? This ain't Facebook baby.

Seriously no clue what Sic brings to this forum. 20k+ in a forum of a team you are not a fan of?

Flippin get a dog or a GF or something already. Have they been kicked from all of the Baylor boards or something and I just don't know about?

Queue them running off and dropping my rating again like a 9 yr old.

G'day yall

You aint got a clue do ya?

Dallas
12/30/2014, 12:50 PM
You aint got a clue do ya?

Not at this juncture......no. :frown:

I am just "one bad dude" so says the board.

olevetonahill
12/30/2014, 01:00 PM
Not at this juncture......no. :frown:

I am just "one bad dude" so says the board.

Sic has been around for ever, He is a Sooner fan that went to Baylor and is Now a Bear fan 1st Sooner second. We have been friends for a Long time.

He used to be humorous, Now hes becoming condescending and Pompous.

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2014, 01:19 PM
Sic has been around for ever, He is a Sooner fan that went to Baylor and is Now a Bear fan 1st Sooner second. We have been friends for a Long time.

I defend Baylor when attacked. You call that condescending and pompous while being personally insulting, name calling, and telling me to 'shut the **** up.'

Flagstaffsooner
12/30/2014, 01:27 PM
Settle down child. Your program will soon be back where it belongs.

You are acting like a KSU fan.

Act like you've been there before.

BermudaSooner
12/30/2014, 01:55 PM
Here's a better view. It seems pretty clear to me that his forearm hit Knight in the chest. If anything, it was his wrist that caught Knight's chin, but it looks pretty obvious that he was going for Knight's chest not his head....his entire forearm (aside from his hand) hits Knight in the chest not the head. Go to :18 in the video and hit the space bar continuously to see the video frame-by-frame. Oakman's entire arm is on Knight's chest except for his wrist which barely seems to clip Knight's chin. In any case, I'm finished arguing over this asinine ****. Worse hits take place every single day in football. I'd suggest getting over it and moving on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPk2rd_hfNk

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i93/gopback/oakman_zps49ab2349.jpg

Look at the screen shots at 18 and 19 seconds. It is clear he had intent to injure. If it were another player, I might give him the benefit of the doubt, but the hit with the knee in the Tech game confirms he is a dirty player. Same reason I know Suh stepped on Rodger's ankle on purpose--he has a history of it.

olevetonahill
12/30/2014, 02:04 PM
I defend Baylor when attacked. You call that condescending and pompous while being personally insulting, name calling, and telling me to 'shut the **** up.'

Dont think Ive ever told you to STFU unless I was teasing you, I have never "Attacked" Baylor , I simply said that was a Dirty shot on Knight. You defended it that tells me you are wearing blinders.

So lets agree to disagree ok?

Settle down child. Your program will soon be back where it belongs.

You are acting like a KSU fan.

Act like you've been there before.

Thats the Problem bro. Baylor has never been there before.

bmjlr
12/30/2014, 02:06 PM

And also an angry little elf

soonergirlNeugene
12/30/2014, 02:11 PM
Thats the thing....nobody is attacking Baylor. And if you can't separate the actions of one player from the rest of the team or even the university itself, then defending them on opposing message boards is about to become your full-time job.

SicEmBaylor
12/30/2014, 02:14 PM
Thats the thing....nobody is attacking Baylor. And if you can't separate the actions of one player from the rest of the team or even the university itself, then defending them on opposing message boards is about to become your full-time job.

Read the thread title. Does it say 'Dirty Oakman' or 'Dirty Baylor.' I'll hang up and listen.

olevetonahill
12/30/2014, 02:26 PM
Read the thread title. Does it say 'Dirty Oakman' or 'Dirty Baylor.' I'll hang up and listen.

When you and YOUR coaches defend him then that makes all dirty .

Piware
12/30/2014, 02:43 PM
The fan base here is lost. Next thing you know, Bob will be babbling like Mack Brown about the wind playing a factor in his losses.

This fan base and coaching staff is becoming Oklahoma State. That mouse-brain Mike Gundy said the win over us this year was the biggest of his 10 year career. What a dope. That moron (somehow) has a conference title and won a BCS bowl, yet beating an 8-5 OU squad rates the best for him.

are becoming like that. It's why some people here were beginning to argue that beating Texas Tech was a big game win. Stupid.

It's horrifying for those of us that grew up on a Big 8 that once had teams finish 1-2-3 in a season, and in the final year had four teams finish in the Top 10.

You nailed it. I am hating his Poke-like trashy attitude that is appearing more and more frequently. I am older than dirt and became a Sooners fan during the Bud years. I vividly remember the loss that ended The Streak because it was the first time I ever saw my Dad cry. The team is not the only thing that needs work - the fan base needs to be some soul searching too.

In the words of my brother - "I was a Sooners fan when I got out of bed this morning and I will still be a Sooners fan tomorrow".

soonergirlNeugene
12/30/2014, 02:49 PM

I find the text of the original post to be a lot more informative on the subject:

Don't obfuscate. At no point do you actually defend your program or even your university here. And at no point do you have to. This discussion has always been about Oakman, and that hit in particular.

Texas Golfer
12/30/2014, 03:49 PM
It's hard to establish intent. You can't say he intended to hurt Knight. But you can't say he didn't either.

Eielson
12/30/2014, 04:01 PM
Oakman was just pissed he isn't as good as Phillips and has to stay in college another year.

FaninAma
12/30/2014, 04:08 PM
You nailed it. I am hating his Poke-like trashy attitude that is appearing more and more frequently. I am older than dirt and became a Sooners fan during the Bud years. I vividly remember the loss that ended The Streak because it was the first time I ever saw my Dad cry. The team is not the only thing that needs work - the fan base needs to be some soul searching too.

In the words of my brother - "I was a Sooners fan when I got out of bed this morning and I will still be a Sooners fan tomorrow".

Obviously your age has not brought you the wisdom to discern the point of a discussion. You and TDTW both want to make this about the sorry current state of the football program. It's not. We all agree the program is in disrepair. This discussion is about not wanting to see a kid's playing career put in jeopardy by a needless, dirty action by a player on a team that is quickly gaining noteriety for producing dirty players. Hell, OU has been beaten by lots of teams over the past 2 years but you don't hear any complaints about KSU, TCU or Okie State.

We know a lot of you are really pissed at Bob Stoops and the program but take a step back and disengage your ill will that stems from your disappointment about the program when discussing the issue of the health and well being of the players. The two are not connected. Fans who are upset that TK was injured on a dirty hit are not being bad fans nor does it make them like Poke fans.

Tear Down This Wall
1/1/2015, 08:00 PM
TDTW, your reply is nonsensical. Player ability has nothing to do with said player getting injured on a dirty hit. i wouldn't care if it was the 120th player on a 120 man roster...I would still be upset at the type of hit Oakman delivered. You almost seem glad Knight got hurt because you are upset at the performance of the team this year. That's pretty vindictive on your part.

And Sicem, its not just OU fans that think Baylor is dirty....its the entire league. If that's the reputation you want for your program then you are indeed a weird person.

Baloney. Nobody in Crimson and Cream complained when Bosroid spit in other players' faces, twisted their ankles in pile ups, and kneed them after plays. No one complained about Travian Smith leg-whipping opposing players. And, no one complained about Roy Williams' horse collar tackles.

Baylor's defender threw himself at PSM before he was down. You can't stop yourself in midair.

And, on top of that, if PSM knew how to play QB, he'd have already thrown the ball away on that play and gone onto the next down.

If you don't know what you are doing at QB, you are more likely to get hurt. It's not Baylor's fault that Heupel and Stoops stuck a kid out there who doesn't know how to play the position.

That play was Exhibit A-1 of the PSM mindset gone too far. That kid wasn't half as talented as Manziel. Telling him he was and expecting him to be, and designing a whole failed offense around it, is what put him in the position to be hurt.

Baylor played aggressive defense. You'd think after all of these decades my fellow Sooner fans would recognize aggressive defense.

No. Now, we whine like Pokes after losses and injuries.

Tear Down This Wall
1/1/2015, 08:10 PM
Get some adults back on the coaching staff to evaluate talent correctly and these types of plays won't happen.

FaninAma
1/1/2015, 11:09 PM
TDTW, I'll take a Leroy Selmon as a representative of the University over a Brian Bosworth any day of the week.

BoulderSooner79
1/1/2015, 11:50 PM
Baloney. Nobody in Crimson and Cream complained when Bosroid spit in other players' faces, twisted their ankles in pile ups, and kneed them after plays. No one complained about Travian Smith leg-whipping opposing players. And, no one complained about Roy Williams' horse collar tackles.

You couldn't be more wrong. I for one was delighted when the NFL then college finally put in the "Roy Williams" horse collar rule. It's a dangerous technique and I don't care what jersey the player wore that was doing it. Joey Browner broke several legs long before Williams via horse collar for USC/Vikings and I couldn't believe they allowed it then. I welcome the pussification of football if that's how you define it for horse collars - far more dangerous than facemasks.

Since71ASooner4Life
1/2/2015, 12:41 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/cd/cd1f74079a527a42fc5954b634786f4dc860ebbca7eb17fe6d d81a174f3cff8f.jpg

ha ha ha