PDA

View Full Version : Another Bob Stoops Classic

JLEW1818
12/29/2014, 06:42 PM
Man, I thought those days of laying eggs in bowl games were over. Good for you Brent, well deserved.

When does Nick Saban or Urban Meyer ever get embarrassed like this?
By a backup QB on top of that. Oh I'm sure Elison will come defend and say their QB is a stud.

What the **** did you do in all of those practices?

The 10 win seasons are over. Get ready for 8-9 win seasons until Stoops leaves.
Loved me some Stoops, but he is no longer the guy. Top 3 coach in OU history, but every coach has their time when it's done.

AND ALABAMA DIDNT GIVEA FLYING **** ABOUT LAST YEARS SUGAR BOWL.

BoulderSooner79
12/29/2014, 07:11 PM

Bullcrap. But they obviously didn't dwell on it like OUr coaches did.

SoonerMarkVA
12/29/2014, 07:16 PM
Bullcrap. But they obviously didn't dwell on it like OUr coaches did.

Our coaches seem to hunt for reasons to be complacent like a hog scouring the French countryside for truffles.

yermom
12/29/2014, 07:25 PM
fire Vulnerables?

soonergirlNeugene
12/29/2014, 07:30 PM

Then our guys are clearly better than them at not giving a ****. Hay guyz, turns out we are better than Bama at something this season!

instigator
12/29/2014, 07:31 PM
Hire Vulnerables?

ftfy

instigator
12/29/2014, 07:31 PM
Then our guys are clearly better than them at not giving a ****. Hay guyz, turns out we are better than Bama at something this season!

We beat them again!

Rssooner1
12/29/2014, 07:36 PM
Name a coach who could come in and take over.

BoulderSooner79
12/29/2014, 07:39 PM

For this game? Anyone of us.

Harris County Sooner
12/29/2014, 07:40 PM
Two blowouts in one season. Haven't seen this since Blake.

soonergirlNeugene
12/29/2014, 07:43 PM
Two blowouts in one season. Haven't seen this since Blake.

This season reeks of the '90s.

SoonerMarkVA
12/29/2014, 07:48 PM
I think the last time I felt this cynical and apathetic about OU's future was sitting in that freezing cold home game against eATMe in 1997. Stoops needs to resign.

JLEW1818
12/29/2014, 07:48 PM

Mark Stoops

GDC
12/29/2014, 08:17 PM

Really? That has to be the dumbest question in the history of questions. You really think no one else could preside over this debacle? John Blake could take over and maintain the status quo at least. Ditto for Howard Schnellenberger. Anyone else would probably do better.

Bob sucked his nuts up into his belly during that 55-19 beat down and now he's actually choking on them tonight. Disgusting.

aurorasooner
12/29/2014, 08:25 PM
Well, I'd like to see Bob get back to being a quality top-paid head coach and make the tough decisions beginning with letting both our coordinators seek employment elsewhere. Other than that, I think we're headed for a 63-14 or 65-13 type beat-down in the next couple of years in early October at the Cotton Bowl.

SoonerorLater
12/29/2014, 09:03 PM
As usual this loss is Brent Venables fault.

Wishboned
12/29/2014, 09:07 PM
Don't even let the coaching staff get on the team plane to come home. Make the bastards find their own way.

soonergirlNeugene
12/29/2014, 09:07 PM
As usual this loss is Brent Venables fault.

OMG. Best post of the night. That's it, turn off the lights, shut down the servers.

pappy
12/29/2014, 09:11 PM
Don't even let the coaching staff get on the team plane to come home. Make the bastards find their own way.

This.

OUinFLA
12/29/2014, 09:13 PM
Say, Bob, what did you do today to earn your $13,700 you get paid every day of the year?

uh, well, not much.........................

BigDub
12/29/2014, 09:16 PM
So does anyone think that anything will change? Coaching changes?

Snrinhouston
12/29/2014, 09:42 PM
The answer is so simple. It's time to fire Stoops. It's really that easy. Boren and Castiglione won't do it. And the question is why?

Sooner8th
12/29/2014, 09:47 PM
As usual this loss is Brent Venables fault.Absolutely classic, so right on so many levels. You have redeemed yourself with one post. My hat is off to you sir.

Breadburner
1/2/2015, 01:06 AM
Man, I thought those days of laying eggs in bowl games were over. Good for you Brent, well deserved.

By a backup QB on top of that. Oh I'm sure Elison will come defend and say their QB is a stud.

What the **** did you do in all of those practices?

The 10 win seasons are over. Get ready for 8-9 win seasons until Stoops leaves.
Loved me some Stoops, but he is no longer the guy. Top 3 coach in OU history, but every coach has their time when it's done.

Hey dip****......Did Alabama not care about this one either.........???

Texas Golfer
1/2/2015, 01:14 AM
When does Nick Saban ever get embarrassed like this? By a backup QB on top of that.

Saban just got embarrassed by a 3rd string QB. Did Alabama give a flying **** about this year's Sugar Bowl?

EatLeadCommie
1/2/2015, 01:15 AM
Saban got more embarrassed by his own QB than Ohio State's. That and the OSU running back.

Wishboned
1/2/2015, 01:18 AM
After watching Oregon destroy FSU, Saban and his players realized the Sugar Bowl was just a consolation game. And they just can't get up for a consolation game.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2015, 01:36 AM
Think Bama fans will be bitchin' about Saban's $7M salary when they are only getting a $5M product?

EatLeadCommie
1/2/2015, 01:39 AM
They may, but at least this year he lost to a coach that is on par with or better than he is. It's not like he just got sodomized by a dude named Dabo.

SoCalBigRed
1/2/2015, 01:42 AM
While none of what transpired tonight, lets Stoops and Co off the hook, I did wonder the same as the game transpired...

Did 'bama not care about tonight's game, figuring the "real championship" was already played/won earlier in the day?

I LMAO every time some moran repeats that line, "but 'bama didn't care last year."

BULLCRAP! Big stage, playing a national power and needing to save some face. They came out gunning and looking to kick our butts.

They got punched in the mouth and never recovered.

graphster
1/2/2015, 01:44 AM
Saban's defense looked pretty bad, both in this game and against Auburn. Who here thinks he's not already looking to make some changes on the coaching staff? I guarantee it isn't going to take an 8-5 season and a humiliation in the Russell Athletic bowl to get his attention.

EatLeadCommie
1/2/2015, 02:00 AM
I think it's perfectly reasonable to think Bama was a bit down last year when playing us. How could they not be after that loss to Auburn? That having been said, we had a great offensive gameplan and executed it perfectly. I realize people don't want to feel insulted by possibly acknowledging that Bama didn't have a complete erection for the game, but I'm pretty sure we didn't take Boise State seriously either, and am pretty damn positive that the team didn't care about this year's game with Clemson. Still, it's a coach's job to get his team ready to play, and a coach should never use that as an excuse for a loss unless he is at least willing to blame himself ahead of the players.

JLEW1818
1/2/2015, 02:45 AM
Bama lost by a ****ing TD. How were they embarrassed?? To Urban Meyer.

Did y'all not see the crap product we put on the field to Clemson?

Get real.

SoCalBigRed
1/2/2015, 03:32 AM
Bama lost by a ****ing TD. How were they embarrassed?? To Urban Meyer.

Did y'all not see the crap product we put on the field to Clemson?

Get real.

Wow... you sure read a lot of assumptions into whatever.

Eielson
1/2/2015, 09:48 AM
Think Bama fans will be bitchin' about Saban's $7M salary when they are only getting a $5M product?

Well those Alabama fans do buy T-shirts, so they should.

Eielson
1/2/2015, 09:53 AM

If you're going to keep calling me out, at least stop making it so easy.

Your boy is now 8-8 in bowl games, and just got whipped by a third string QB and a team that didn't even belong in the playoffs. Last year he lost to Bob and TK.

freshchris05
1/2/2015, 10:01 AM
Last year he lost to Bob and TK.

LOL. Damnit..

SoonerMarkVA
1/2/2015, 10:59 AM
Saban's defense looked pretty bad, both in this game and against Auburn. Who here thinks he's not already looking to make some changes on the coaching staff? I guarantee it isn't going to take an 8-5 season and a humiliation in the Russell Athletic bowl to get his attention.

You're almost certainly spot on. Be interesting to see what happens before spring ball this year.

BoulderSooner79
1/2/2015, 12:21 PM
I thought the last 2 Sugar Bowls played out in surprisingly similar fashion. In both cases, Bama had weaknesses that the opposing coach was able to exploit given multiple weeks of preparation time. In both cases, it was Bama's pass defense that was a weak link. And Bama's offense was able to move the ball, but kept giving up the big negative play at the worse possible time. tOSU added in the ability to run the ball by attacking the edges and they had a monster sized QB that was hard to bring down. Even the final scores of the games were similar. Maybe the motivation factors were different, but both versions of the Bama team looked very similar, IMO.

cvsooner
1/2/2015, 01:44 PM
Saban and Bama are now 0-3 in the Sugar Bowl, with losses to Utah, us and tOSU. Maybe he just needs to play his bowl games outside of SEC country.

Sooner8th
1/2/2015, 04:39 PM
If you're going to keep calling me out, at least stop making it so easy.Your boy is now 8-8 in bowl games, and just got whipped by a third string QB and a team that didn't even belong in the playoffs. Last year he lost to Bob and TK.It is more than saban, it is the sec. Look at the "premier" program and coach in the sec saban and alabama. Beat Colorado, beat texas whos starting qb when down the first drive or so, beat michigan state, beat lsu - sec team, beat ND who had no business in the nc game. lost to Utah, OU and Ohio State. Bowl games outside of sec teams he is 3 and 3 at alabama. Texas and ND were not that strong got beat by utah who was a nobody, OU we are screaming for coaches heads that was tamped down with the win and losing to OSU with a third string QB. They hang their hat on winning in the sec - go outside of the sec and they really struggle.

JLEW1818
1/3/2015, 01:43 AM
2009 till now.
Stoops has lost by AT LEAST 21 points 6 times and Saban zero times.

Obviously Saban is better, nobody is denying. I simply said Saban doesn't get embarrassed like Stoops does at least once a year.