PDA

View Full Version : Okay, let the rumors begin....

rock on sooner
12/29/2014, 02:31 PM
The Jets, Bears and Falcons all fired their coaches today, so....we know what's coming
next!

Soonerjeepman
12/29/2014, 02:40 PM
ummm....thinking after this season Bob's not a top target...but I don't know pro football.

FaninAma
12/29/2014, 02:50 PM
The Jets, Bears and Falcons all fired their coaches today, so....we know what's coming
next!

Oh, I think we can find another coach who can make the correct decision about re-punting to one of the top punt returners in the game for $5 million.

Sorry, but that decision still irks me. I have a daughter who is a participant on one of OU's varstiy teams and claims the OU does not test the OU football team for marijuana. I was dubious but after this year I think the assertion probably applies to the coaching staff as well.

I really don't care if Bob and his staff stay or go. I disengaged from a heavy emotional(and financial) investment in the football program some years ago. I do still give to individual OU sports programs and academics, just not to their football program.

rock on sooner
12/29/2014, 03:16 PM
Oh, I think we can find another coach who can make the correct decision about re-punting to one of the top punt returners in the game for $5 million.

Sorry, but that decision still irks me. I have a daughter who is a participant on one of OU's varstiy teams and claims the OU football team does not test for marijuana on the football team. I was dubious but after this year I think the assertion probably applies to the coaching staff as well.

I really don't care if Bob and his staff stay or go. I disengaged from a heavy emotional(and financial) investment in the football program some years ago. I do still give to individual OU sports programs and academics, just not to their football program.

Welp, I don't think the coaches are smokin' anything, but, I, too, am STILL
wondering about that call for a re-punt. What was the field position that
OSEwe had before the punt do over?

cvsooner
12/29/2014, 03:24 PM
The 15.

BoulderSooner79
12/29/2014, 03:38 PM
Rumor has it that it was the big12 conference that contacted Bob on his headset and kindly requested* that he re-punt to Hill on the opposite side of the field from the coverage in order to get OSU bowl eligible.

*requested == made him an offer he couldn't refuse

Can we get over the 'effin punt already? Jesus H. Christ, I wonder how long the whining would go on if the game actually meant something.

rock on sooner
12/29/2014, 03:42 PM
He!!, it was the Pukes, fer cryin' out loud, so the game did mean somethin'.............

okiewaker
12/29/2014, 03:46 PM
That re-punt was a ridiculous decision. It's something we will talk about for a lawwwwwng time.

BoulderSooner79
12/29/2014, 03:53 PM
Well, bowl proceeds get divided amongst conference teams, so at least there was some $ in it for us. OSU was the only conference team that could become bowl eligible with a win, so that slot would have gone outside the conference. BIG12 ! BIG12 ! I suspect that game will cost OSU money due to eating unsold tickets, so we get the double last laugh.

aurorasooner
12/29/2014, 03:59 PM

Sorry, but that decision still irks me. I have a daughter who is a participant on one of OU's varstiy teams and claims the OU football team does not test for marijuana on the football team. I was dubious but after this year I think the assertion probably applies to the coaching staff as well.

I really don't care if Bob and his staff stay or go. I disengaged from a heavy emotional(and financial) investment in the football program some years ago. I do still give to individual OU sports programs and academics, just not to their football program.There were certainly some bonehead coaching decisions coming from the sideline this year, the offensive calls at the end of the TCU game, the absolutely ridiculous defensive alignment at the start of the 2nd half of the Baylor game, and the re-punt in the OSU game, to name only a few.

I haven't seen this much "don't GAS" fan's attitude to an upcoming Sooner football game since the Blake years. It's definitely a bad time for this type of attitude from our fans with the Big 12 being shut-out of the final 4, with Texas (and us) having mediocre records and playing in weed-eater bowls, and especially with a proposed stadium expansion and fund raising effort. However, I can't say that I'm not of that same attitude towards this coaching staff.
I guess if this staff were the players, the analogy would be they're were just not "gamers" this year, for whatever reason.

I really don't care if we win/lose today, however I'm more interested in the coordinator coaching match-ups and to see what our coordinators (and head coach) bring to the table in the game today (the game-plans and in-game decisions especially in critical situations and if we look organized in all 3 phases).
The match-up of our former DC vs our current OC is intriguing, imo. Supposedly they've got a pretty good defense statistically, though they really haven't played many offensive juggernauts. If they continually stuff us at the LOS and we just don't have any imaginative play-calling/imaginative offensive sets to get some offensive production and continually have 3 and outs, then I think there might be some movement from the top to demote our OC.
Same with our DC. If our defense makes another backup QB look All-American (I think they've got a 3rd stringer as their starting QB), and our defense looks as inept as it has while playing any Big 12 conference team with an offensive pulse (outside of WV early in the year), and especially after our DC sort of called our fans out in the TW article, then I think it's time for him to move on, although it probably won't happen.

Aries
12/29/2014, 04:31 PM
I cannot bring myself to watch OU football and not hope desperately that we win. I can't. I've never really tried, but I can tell you anyway it can't/won't happen.

BoulderSooner79
12/29/2014, 04:48 PM
I cannot bring myself to watch OU football and not hope desperately that we win. I can't. I've never really tried, but I can tell you anyway it can't/won't happen.

This x1000. I'll watch and hope to be entertained. I'll pull for the players if nothing else. The outcome of this game should have no bearing on off-season changes that need to be made.

pappy
12/29/2014, 05:01 PM
I took off work early to be home in time to watch it. I hope we win. Changes need to be made after today's game regardless of the outcome.

I stand by my every defensive coach needs to go except Montgomery, but I know for sure Mike will be back.

Also as far as this thread goes, Bob Stoops isn't on any NFL teams radar this year, guaranteed. After tomorrow (Harbaugh to Michigan officially) Stoops drops down another spot in the college Head Coaching rankings. He's still probably top 15-20.

ouduckhunter
12/29/2014, 05:05 PM
I would be surprised if we have druggies coaching for us, but really heavy drinkers would not shock me a bit.

FaninAma
12/29/2014, 05:26 PM
That re-punt was a ridiculous decision. It's something we will talk about for a lawwwwwng time.
I think it will be a defining moment in Stoops' career at OU unless he turns things around in a big way. It would be one thing if Coach JoeBlow did this in a Pop Warner game between 7 year olds. It will be the decision to which all of Bob's future mental lapses are compared.

SoCalBigRed
12/29/2014, 07:14 PM
This is the first season, I don't care if he leaves.

Piware
12/29/2014, 07:17 PM
Rumor has it that it was the big12 conference that contacted Bob on his headset and kindly requested* that he re-punt to Hill on the opposite side of the field from the coverage in order to get OSU bowl eligible.

*requested == made him an offer he couldn't refuse

Can we get over the 'effin punt already? Jesus H. Christ, I wonder how long the whining would go on if the game actually meant something.

Thanks Boulder. A loss to a stinky team after a stinky season. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while so I wish folks would quit treating it like the Game of the Century.

BoulderSooner79
12/29/2014, 07:19 PM
Thanks Boulder. A loss to a stinky team after a stinky season. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while so I wish folks would quit treating it like the Game of the Century.

The bowl game may end the re-punt threads.

SoonerMarkVA
12/29/2014, 07:19 PM
I took off work early to be home in time to watch it. I hope we win. Changes need to be made after today's game regardless of the outcome.

I stand by my every defensive coach needs to go except Montgomery, but I know for sure Mike will be back.

Also as far as this thread goes, Bob Stoops isn't on any NFL teams radar this year, guaranteed. After tomorrow (Harbaugh to Michigan officially) Stoops drops down another spot in the college Head Coaching rankings. He's still probably top 15-20.

Hope it's not too late for you to go back and finish your day's work.

swardboy
12/29/2014, 07:34 PM
Based on the bowl game I'm watching, Bob's stock is tanking big time.

GDC
12/29/2014, 08:22 PM
Can we get over the 'effin punt already? Jesus H. Christ, I wonder how long the whining would go on if the game actually meant something.[/QUOTE]

When your nickname is "Rekick-it Bob" how do you expect to get over it?

FaninAma
12/29/2014, 09:01 PM
Re-kickit Bob. Nice.

pappy
12/29/2014, 09:04 PM
Hope it's not too late for you to go back and finish your day's work.

Lol I should have.

bluedogok
12/29/2014, 10:19 PM
As far as IDGAS...this is the first season since almost every game is on TV that I missed watching 4 games and mostly by choice. I didn't even check the score tonight until it was already halftime. When I finally got home and turned the TV on in the fourth quarter I was wishing Clemson would break 50, if you're going to be beat, go down in flames. I don't donate enough so I already know that my opinion doesn't matter to the university. As far as seeing Stoops go, it wouldn't have bothered me a few years ago and wouldn't now if he left on his own. I still don't think this game is a reason to fire him, then they look as ridiculous as Nebraska.

Too bad Ferentz isn't out at Iowa.....