PDA

View Full Version : A Question fer you Football GooRues

olevetonahill
12/27/2014, 11:49 AM
Testaverde Is gonna transfer so heres my ? I know he has to sit out a year if he goes to another FBS school, Yet can play immediately if he goes to a Lower division school.
Now if he goes to a lower school for a year can he then transfer back up to FBS school? or will he still have sit out a year?

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/27/report-says-testaverde-transfers-out-of-texas-tech/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Soonerjeepman
12/27/2014, 01:30 PM
UPDATE: Because Testaverde was never on scholarship, he is technically eligible to play at any FBS program in 2015. However, as Texas Tech has demonstrated in the past, the Red Raiders have the ability and power to block Testaverde from playing for any number of other schools, including those within the Big 12. Because he is a walk-on player, Testaverde needs to ask for permission to hear from other schools. Without that permission, Testaverde may not be contacted by potential landing spots.

Soonerjeepman
12/27/2014, 01:35 PM
looks like football no

The general rule for all student-athletes transferring from one four-year institution to
another four-year institution is that they must spend one academic year in residence at the
school to which they transfer before they may be eligible for competition. However, you
may be eligible immediately upon transfer if you meet one of several transfer exceptions.
[Note: During a student-athlete's initial year of collegiate enrollment, he or she only may
use a transfer exception if they have been certified by the NCAA Initial-Eligibility
Clearinghouse as a qualifier.]
The most common transfer exception is the One-Time Transfer Exception. To be eligible
to use this exception:
a. A student-athlete must be transferring to another four-year institution to
participate in sports other than Division I basketball, Division I men's ice hockey
and Division I football (unless the student-athlete is transferring from Division IA
to Division I-AA);
b. The student-athlete's first transfer from one four-year college to another four-year
college;
c. The student-athlete must have been eligible academically had he or she remained
at their previous institution;
d. The student-athlete must obtain a written release from the current institution
stating that they have no objection to the student-athlete's use of the exception.
[Note: Student-athletes transferring from an NCAA Division III institution using
this exception may not receive athletically related financial aid during their first
academic year in residence on transfer

olevetonahill
12/27/2014, 01:36 PM
Thanks, kinda thot that but wernt sure.

8timechamps
12/27/2014, 05:10 PM
The NCAA can make an exception to any rule, so if there were extenuating factors, they could waive the rule.

The bigger story here is the fact that Kingsbury can't keep a QB in the program for longer than a year. Why would any QB want to play there?!