PDA

View Full Version : Clemson's phenom Freshman QB may be out

dwarthog
12/9/2014, 05:41 PM
For the bowl game.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/clemson-qb-deshaun-watson-may-have-torn-acl-surgery-sooner-miss-bowl-game-oklahoma-120714

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2014, 06:05 PM
It would be a no brainer if I were Clemson's coach. Get the kids rehab started early and don't risk further damage playing in a low level bowl game.

cvsooner
12/9/2014, 07:42 PM
Great. So neither team will have a serviceable QB. Ought to be a real barnburner of a game. Hopefully we can get healthy. Getting Shepard and Perine back would be a big help.

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2014, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't risk Shepard or Perine either. If Perine admits he'll be out a couple of weeks, I suspect that's an absolute minimum and the game is only 3 weeks away.

Eielson
12/9/2014, 08:46 PM
I wouldn't risk Knight, even if he's cleared, because his injury is one of the scarier ones.

I wouldn't play Shepard, because I'm a selfish prick, and wouldn't want him to get 250 yards and boost his draft stock to late 1st round. (We're being honest, right?)

If Perine is only 80%, I wouldn't play him, but that's mainly because his 80% isn't good enough to be out there on the field anyway. I'm not super concerned about his ankle.

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2014, 08:53 PM
And ankle sprain can be very serious depending on the degree of ligament damage. The only thing I'm counting on is that we won't get any reliable information about it from the team.

Eielson
12/9/2014, 09:04 PM
And ankle sprain can be very serious depending on the degree of ligament damage. The only thing I'm counting on is that we won't get any reliable information about it from the team.

It can be, but if he's healthy enough that he would be a better option than Ford and Ross, then it's not a serious enough concern to be worried about his long term health.

cvsooner
12/9/2014, 09:13 PM
We're pretty banged up. This year has been a weird mix of 2009 and 2011 in that way, with a bit of 'Groundhog Day' thrown in for good measure.

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2014, 09:17 PM
It can be, but if he's healthy enough that he would be a better option than Ford and Ross, then it's not a serious enough concern to be worried about his long term health.

That's obvious. I'm just saying that if Stoops announces that Perine is out a few days before the game, I won't be surprised. Unless he gets spotted by someone practicing at full speed, we'll be kept in the dark.

8timechamps
12/10/2014, 12:05 AM
Just read that Watson WILL NOT PLAY in the bowl game. They're opting for surgery to get a jump start on the recovery, which is a smart decision to me.

I don't know that it'll matter much, depending on which team shows up.

bmjlr
12/10/2014, 12:13 AM
Won't matter. This year our defense has made horrible QB's, and inexperienced QB's look like Peyton Manning. Oh sorry, did I type that out loud? Damn natty lite

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2014, 01:30 AM
Just read that Watson WILL NOT PLAY in the bowl game. They're opting for surgery to get a jump start on the recovery, which is a smart decision to me.

I don't know that it'll matter much, depending on which team shows up.

This year may be more a question than most if we have coaches out working their networks for new jobs (just in case, of course).

Since71ASooner4Life
12/10/2014, 03:50 AM
As they say on the Shark Tank ...... I'm Out. Not for good, but I cant take another moment of this years disappointment. I have less than zero interest in this bowl game

Jack T.
12/10/2014, 01:05 PM
Listening to the Franchise yesterday. . .talking to some beat writer for Clemson. One of the comments was "this may be a 0-0 game. . .your QB is hurt and OU doesn't even have one!" Ouch.

But like Since71, I'm done. I doubt I'll actually *watch* any more college football this year. Maybe K-State, if for no other reason than I can expect them NOT to beat themselves. They may lose, but they'll still play solid, fundamental football and not make stupid mistakes.

BoulderSooner79
12/10/2014, 01:47 PM
I'll watch the game because, well, I must. This has all the makings of a yawner like the game against Iowa. The players from both teams in that game looked like they would rather sit through a 3rd performance of the Nutcracker than play in that game. Without starting QBs and some of the staff (potentially) know they are gone, this one could be worse.

Soonerjeepman
12/10/2014, 02:13 PM
I'll watch...love a good train wreck.

Eielson
12/10/2014, 02:52 PM
I'd rather watch this than a scrimmage in the spring. That's for sure.

Tear Down This Wall
12/10/2014, 03:09 PM
Hooray! Battle of the back up offenses! Maybe our defense can handle Clemson's 2nd stringer better than they did Oklahoma State's.