PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo - Chip Kelly says he laughs at the Florida rumors (Dr. Saturday)

Jenni Carlson
12/7/2014, 03:20 PM
As Florida's coaching search revolves around Colorado State coach Jim McElwain , Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly has been mentioned as a candidate as well, thanks to a report earlier in the week that said the school would reach out to Kelly. When asked about the Florida job on Wednesday, Kelly said he found the rumors funny and said "I laugh." “I think it’s silly,” Kelly said via CSNPhilly.com. “Because it’s a rumor. It’s not the truth. I think things that are false are silly … Football questions, anybody?” The same day Kelly was downplaying his candidacy Florida confirmed talks with McElwain and even posted pictures of the plane ride home. The much publicized plane we are flying home on #Gators pic.twitter.com/PnFIIDhTFq — GatorZone Football (@GatorZoneFB) December 3, 2014 Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley was also photographed in McElwain's house. That'd be one incredibly elaborate smokescreen to try to lure Kelly, don't you think? And if Florida did contact Kelly*– which he says it hasn't done – he says he wouldn't listen. The former Oregon coach is in his second year with the Eagles and has Philadelphia atop the NFC East at 9-3. He was Oregon's head coach for four years after he was the Ducks' offensive coordinator for two. “Florida hasn’t contacted me. And if they did, I wouldn’t listen. It’s false. I think false things are silly,” Kelly said via Pro Football Talk. “My whole mantra is be where your feet are. I’m right here, and I’m not concerned about anything else. I’m very happy being here now.” For more Florida news, visit InsidetheGators.com. - - - - - - - Nick Bromberg is the assistant editor of Dr. Saturday on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter! Follow @NickBromberg

More... (http://us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/ncaaf/SIG=13i2cpn1b/*http%3A//rivals.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/chip-kelly-says-he-laughs-at-the-florida-rumors-220622310.html)