PDA

View Full Version : Pelini 9-3 fired....Stoops 8-4 prob a raise

Soonerjeepman
12/7/2014, 12:21 AM
just shows where things are at.

Eielson
12/7/2014, 12:26 AM
No it doesn't. Pelini didn't win the Sugar Bowl last year, and hasn't ever even won his conference. He also doesn't appear to have been fired for his on-field results.

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2014, 12:34 AM
Yeah, Pelini is abrasive with the press.

Oh, wait…

:chuncky:

Piware
12/7/2014, 12:54 AM
I wish people would quit obsessing about coaching salaries. Bob's salary is defined by contract with monetary incentives for conference championships, major bowl appearances. national championship. etc. Clearly, none of those things happened this year so he will get base and nothing extra.

Soonerjeepman
12/7/2014, 01:01 AM
I'm well aware of all the incentives etc that are built into his contract. It was tongue n cheek comment. He's gotten raises in the past, the fact NU fired Pelini after a 9-3 season...Stoops isn't even close to having that happen...

Piware
12/7/2014, 01:14 AM
I'm well aware of all the incentives etc that are built into his contract. It was tongue n cheek comment. He's gotten raises in the past, the fact NU fired Pelini after a 9-3 season...Stoops isn't even close to having that happen...

That's kind of a Nebraska thing, isn't it. They did the same thing with Frank Solich and the door has been swinging ever since. Their hire to replace Pelini is a head scratcher too. The quest for the "perfect" coach doesn't seem to be working out for them.

1sooners1
12/7/2014, 01:28 AM
3 of the 4 losses at HOME