PDA

View Full Version : Eric Garner

Ton Loc
12/4/2014, 02:53 PM
Here's something to protest.

All on video. No need for eye witnesses.

I assume there's no argument about this as there is no thread.

SoonerorLater
12/4/2014, 03:07 PM
You'll get no argument from me based on what I see here.

olevetonahill
12/4/2014, 03:28 PM
You'll get no argument from me based on what I see here.

A few points are clear to me on this
#1 He shouldn't have been hassled that much by the cops to start with( we dont SEE what got their attention on him in the start tho)
#2 The street is Not the place to argue with a Cop. the court room is.
#3 the dude was morbidly obese and died from a heart attack Not the choking.

Not positive but I think i read that he had been arrested like 30 times or something

REDREX
12/4/2014, 03:33 PM
He had been arrested 31 times----seems like he should know the drill

olevetonahill
12/4/2014, 03:41 PM
He had been arrested 31 times----seems like he should know the drill

I thot i read that . Yup these cops prolly had dealt with his fatass before and were tired of his BS

Eielson
12/4/2014, 04:57 PM
The chokehold is illegal, so it should have been punished. Eric Garner has nobody to blame but himself for his death.

olevetonahill
12/4/2014, 05:05 PM
The chokehold is illegal, so it should have been punished. Eric Garner has nobody to blame but himself for his death.

Thot i read somewhere he was fired, Maybe not yet.

I do believe he will be punished by the PD

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nypd-launches-internal-affairs-probe-eric-garner-choke/story?id=27363880

Turd_Ferguson
12/4/2014, 05:30 PM

A chokehold is not "illegal". "choking" is against NYPD policy. You can hear him say "I can't breathe". Mother****ers fat *** could breathe if he's talking. If you don't want to get arrested, don't do the crime. If you don't care that you're going to get arrested, then don't fight the popo when the try to arrest you. Is this **** really that hard to understand?

Ton Loc
12/4/2014, 05:57 PM
The coroner ruled it as homicide.
Fellas - this one is easy.

olevetonahill
12/4/2014, 05:57 PM
A chokehold is not "illegal". "choking" is against NYPD policy. You can hear him say "I can't breathe". Mother****ers fat *** could breathe if he's talking. If you don't want to get arrested, don't do the crime. If you don't care that you're going to get arrested, then don't fight the popo when the try to arrest you. Is this **** really that hard to understand?

Plus he had NO throat damage from the Hold. He died from a heart attack. yet the Medical examiner said it was a Homicide! Its up to the Grand jury to decide if it was Criminal or justified

http://nypost.com/2014/07/19/man-in-chokehold-death-had-no-throat-damage-autopsy/

Turd_Ferguson
12/4/2014, 06:19 PM
The coroner ruled it as homicide.
Fellas - this one is easy.

Homicide does not mean it was a crime. There are, however, plenty of criminal homicides that happen everyday that you could go start a bandwagon for...or, just jump on one that fits your eye...

TheHumanAlphabet
12/4/2014, 06:21 PM
Ton, this one is hard for me, not that I am a sheeple, but I have been taught to respect the police and that once contacted by them, they have the upper hand, whether they are right or wrong. Now is selling single cigarettes something that should get you a choke hold or whatever, I don't think so, but on the same end, would they have hauled him to the precinct for it? I don't know, a lot of blame to go around, both sides used poor judgement, though I bet Eric's size made the "arrest" physically escalate in order to "subdue" arrestee. If Eric was a clean rap sheet person, I would suspect a different outcome. His priors probably went to the Jury determination.

I feel for both on this one and don't know how I would have voted...

Soonerjeepman
12/5/2014, 03:29 PM

spot on....

manslaughter....abuse of something....maybe. RACIAL murder which is what all the libs are screamin...NO

Since71ASooner4Life
12/6/2014, 08:19 AM
We're only talking about this because of the combatant's skin color, and the presumption being made that this had a direct relationship to someone dying. I think if you watch an episode of COPS you will see that the handling of the arrest resistor was no different than what goes on film and is willingly broadcast to America every day - with both black and white arrest resistors featured. There's no story here at all - the guy died during a completely normal procedure of being apprehended when he refused to comply with police orders. Only racial hatred inciters like our irresponsible community organizer in Washington see it as wrong when police do their job.

achiro
12/6/2014, 11:42 AM
The thing that keeps getting missed on this, choke hold or not, the call(non-call) for EMS while he was saying he couldn't breathe would be made by the officer in charge of the scene...a black woman=not a racial issue, nothing to see here.

Soonerjeepman
12/6/2014, 12:07 PM
I heard a police officer say these comments by the subject are used all the time..."I can't breathe, my leg is broken" ..etc. Why? so the police let up and allow the subject to resist more. Not sayin he couldn't breathe but unless you've arrested someone who is resisting...STFU.

Breadburner
12/6/2014, 12:07 PM
Dont **** with the police......

olevetonahill
12/6/2014, 01:51 PM
Ive said it before and Ill keep sayin. The place to argue with a cop is in the courtroom. NOT THE ****ING STREET!