PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Woods gone

cvsooner
12/2/2014, 05:10 PM
Removed from team for violation of team rules. Had only two catches in his career, with the key one being the 20-yard gain against Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/ou-oklahoma-sooners-football-derrick-woods-wide-receiver-bob-stoops-dismissed-violation-team-rules

EatLeadCommie
12/2/2014, 05:22 PM
I was wondering what happened to him this year. Oh well. Now we are even thinner at a position where we have nobody.

Eielson
12/2/2014, 05:26 PM
That hurts. Good thing we picked up the JUCO. We could be pretty thin here if Shepard and DGB both go pro.

8timechamps
12/2/2014, 08:21 PM
Well, that answers the question about why he hadn't seen more time on the field. Too bad. Hope he gets his life straight.

BoulderSooner79
12/2/2014, 08:51 PM
That hurts. Good thing we picked up the JUCO. We could be pretty thin here if Shepard and DGB both go pro.

I recall pre-season threads claiming that we were so deep at WR that DBG was just a luxury and it would be no big deal if his waiver was denied. Ah, the good old days.

blacktop
12/2/2014, 09:30 PM
Frees up a scholly.

Eielson
12/2/2014, 10:03 PM
I recall pre-season threads claiming that we were so deep at WR that DBG was just a luxury and it would be no big deal if his waiver was denied. Ah, the good old days.

Yeah, and they were all idiots. We'd have to have Jermaine Gresham, Malcolm Kelly, Sterling Shepard, Ryan Broyles, and Mark Clayton on our team in order for DGB to just be a luxury (make no mistake, he'd still start, but we wouldn't need him).

I was one of those people who wasn't too bummed when we missed out on him, because we just finished off the best ever WR recruiting class. A few years later, Neal hasn't developed like I thought, Woods is out, Gardner didn't make grades, and Metoyer blew his load. Who would have thought we would have had a great recruiting class because of Bester and Shepard (and a guy that committed to Mizzou)?

Tear Down This Wall
12/3/2014, 11:08 AM
He and Mixon can transfer back home to Fresno State or San Jose State.

BoulderSooner79
12/3/2014, 11:20 AM
Sifting through the thread on LT, the rumor was that Woods was going to be gone after this semester anyway and then he pulled a Cam Newton at UF-type stunt over the turkey break that moved up the schedule. I know - rumors. But it makes me feel better thinking this was fully deserved and the kid had his chances.

Pride1Mom
12/3/2014, 12:01 PM
Who? I wonder about athletes do not appreciate a FREE education, plus an opportunity to have their future taken care of for them, even if they do not go pro. When OU says they are family, that is exactly what it is. A player will always have someone there to help with careers, etc. even when the "playing days" are over. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB.

8timechamps
12/3/2014, 06:50 PM
Sifting through the thread on LT, the rumor was that Woods was going to be gone after this semester anyway and then he pulled a Cam Newton at UF-type stunt over the turkey break that moved up the schedule. I know - rumors. But it makes me feel better thinking this was fully deserved and the kid had his chances.

In just about every dismissal case it seems that the kid had multiple chances to get his act together. Unfortunately, most do not. Trey Franks and Jaz Reynolds are a couple of guys that worked their way back, but that list is pretty short.