PDA

View Full Version : OU v Texas

Snrinhouston
11/30/2014, 10:05 PM
This is about the only OU bowl matchup this season that would interest me enough to make the trip. But if there isn't a written rule (some Big XII bylaw) against it, there is probably an unwritten rule about OU playing UT in a bowl game. Anybody know?

8timechamps
11/30/2014, 10:13 PM
The bowls all have affiliations with conferences now. So, the bowls would have to agree to giving up that affiliation. It's a money thing, so who knows, but it's looking a lot like Texas will play A&M in a bowl game.

Snrinhouston
11/30/2014, 10:15 PM
The bowls all have affiliations with conferences now. So, the bowls would have to agree to giving up that affiliation. It's a money thing, so who knows, but it's looking a lot like Texas will play A&M in a bowl game.

Just as long as we don't draw USC. I couldn't withstand another beatdown administered by it.

olevetonahill
11/30/2014, 10:33 PM
Just as long as we don't draw USC. I couldn't withstand another beatdown administered by it.

Here we go again. You did this shat last year.
http://mnprogressiveproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Chicken-Little01.png

Snrinhouston
11/30/2014, 10:39 PM
Here we go again. You did this shat last year.
http://mnprogressiveproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Chicken-Little01.png

No, a matchup against USC hasn't worked out well…in 81, 82, 88, 92, or 04. Last time we beat SC, Nixon was President.

olevetonahill
11/30/2014, 10:40 PM
No, a matchup against USC hasn't worked out well…in 81, 82, 88, 92, or 04. Last time we beat SC, Nixon was President.

Well then I say we have given enough of a head start lets kick their asses!

nighttrain12
11/30/2014, 11:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

This projection by Brett McMurphy has it OU vs. Florida State? WTF

nighttrain12
11/30/2014, 11:13 PM

They cheated in 2004 with an illegal player (Reggie Bush) so they haven't beat us fair and square since 1992 (assuming your years stated are correct).

bluedogok
12/1/2014, 12:02 AM
USC now is not the USC team under Carroll.

Salt City Sooner
12/1/2014, 12:22 AM
I do NOT want to see Kessler/Agohlor & co. against our secondary.

Eielson
12/1/2014, 12:56 AM
I would love to play USC.

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2014, 01:17 AM
USC now is not the USC team under Carroll.

And OU now is not the OU team under Stoops (of '04 era).

But all we would need to do is get some quality QB play and learn how to cover and we'd kick their a.sses.

Snrinhouston
12/1/2014, 07:53 AM
I would love to play USC.

You must be a masochist.

BigTip
12/1/2014, 09:39 AM
But all we would need to do is get some quality QB play and learn how to cover and we'd kick their a.sses.

You make it sound so easy.
Can you pick me up some eggs and milk while you are at the store getting those things?

I wish it were that easy, right? But you are correct. The less than stellar secondary has been so frustrating for so many years now.

Eielson
12/1/2014, 03:46 PM
You must be a masochist.

USC will probably kill us like Alabama did. Let's hope we play somebody like Boise State or West Virginia. That sounds like a blast.

badger
12/1/2014, 03:49 PM
Alamo vs some Pac 12 team. I love to beat any of them. Bring all 12 on (but don't bring your conference's refs)

8timechamps
12/1/2014, 04:50 PM
If we beat OSU, we'll be headed to the Russell Athletic Bowl (the Citrus Bowl) in Orlando. The match-up will be against the #2 ACC team.

If FSU loses to Georgia Tech this weekend, it'll be FSU (which would actually be interesting, and I think we win). If FSU beats GTech, we'll either play GTech or Clemson.

There's an outside chance the bowl would take Notre Dame (since they have a football affiliation with the ACC), but that's unlikely considering ND lost last week.

Of those three possibilities, I'd like to see us play either FSU or Clemson. I don't like playing teams that run the triple option, although we would have plenty of time to prepare.

rock on sooner
12/1/2014, 05:04 PM
It'd be nice to go to someplace we haven't been to in a while. It'd also
be fun to break someone else's win streak (Free Shoes at 28 and counting).

Anyone else surprised about all the "renamed" bowls? This corporate sponsor
naming thing is soooo confusing....

Bourbon St Sooner
12/1/2014, 05:13 PM
The only way we'd play FSU is if they lose this weekend, which means their win streak would have already been busted.

8timechamps
12/1/2014, 07:28 PM
Now I'm hearing that the Alamo Bowl gets to pick before the Russell Athletic Bowl, and they have apparently said they want Oklahoma (I'm sure it's because they would be able to sell their allotment and fans would show up and spend money).

If it's the Alamo Bowl, UCLA would more than likely be the opponent.

Eielson
12/1/2014, 07:36 PM
Now I'm hearing that the Alamo Bowl gets to pick before the Russell Athletic Bowl, and they have apparently said they want Oklahoma (I'm sure it's because they would be able to sell their allotment and fans would show up and spend money).

If it's the Alamo Bowl, UCLA would more than likely be the opponent.

I'd love to play UCLA, too!

(BTW, they whipped USC, so I'm I guess I'm a super-masochist!)

8timechamps
12/1/2014, 07:37 PM
I'd love to play UCLA, too!

(BTW, they whipped USC, so I'm I guess I'm a super-masochist!)

UCLA may be the only other team to have as disappointing a year as OU. So, it would be the battle for the least disappointing! :)

cvsooner
12/1/2014, 08:23 PM
USC has had a pretty disappointing year too, all in all. Living out here on the West Coast, I can tell you I've seen both teams play and I don't really want either one of them. USC might be the easier of the two, if UCLA can pull its head out and play up to snuff. But Kessler, the QB at USC, will light up our secondary. You know, Arizona State is pretty good too, as is Arizona. Not so sure we want any of them if we want to win the game...

birddog
12/1/2014, 08:56 PM
Wow, reading the responses it seems like BC might be a team we could compete with. Or maybe we should hope for northwestern? Who else could we beat? Now be realistic!

BoulderSooner79
12/1/2014, 09:52 PM
UCLA has a bunch of stud athletes, but their play is inconsistent. If we could dial up some pressure, Hundley does tend to fold and they don't have a receiver like Agholor. Not implying they would be easy, but I think it's a better matchup for us than USC. But if we still have CT at QB… well, it will have to be a new and improved CT.

bluedogok
12/1/2014, 09:56 PM
Wow, reading the responses it seems like BC might be a team we could compete with. Or maybe we should hope for northwestern? Who else could we beat? Now be realistic!
Maybe they could beat the Sunbelt champ.....

birddog
12/1/2014, 10:02 PM
Isn't that ga southern? If so I don't like our chances of.

redkid
12/2/2014, 02:54 AM
The other night the wife was watching one of those hallmark channel Christmas movies don't know the name of it but anyway I happened to be walking past the tele when I heard something about OU,,I thought what was that?so I sit down to watch it and a man was watching a football game in the movie, low and behold you could hear the announcer talking about Oklahoma and head coach Bob Stoops playing none other than.....Minnesota university in a bowl game,,guess we better get ready for the gophers?

freshchris05
12/2/2014, 08:28 AM
As long as we don't have to play another BIGXII team. Watching everyone trot out 5wr sets got old quick. Not only because it rendered so much success against us but because who the **** wants to watch 7 on 7 CFB? Not I. Honestly, I think the spread is the main reason Texas high school recruits aren't as highly coveted.

BlownGP
12/3/2014, 10:09 AM
The other night the wife was watching one of those hallmark channel Christmas movies don't know the name of it but anyway I happened to be walking past the tele when I heard something about OU,,I thought what was that?so I sit down to watch it and a man was watching a football game in the movie, low and behold you could hear the announcer talking about Oklahoma and head coach Bob Stoops playing none other than.....Minnesota university in a bowl game,,guess we better get ready for the gophers?

haha.. I saw the same thing....

Wife was watching it and the guy in the show says I'm just watching the game. Then I hear them talking about Oklahoma in the background. I was like cool.

cvsooner
12/3/2014, 12:54 PM

When we're on our game and healthy I think we can play with anybody. Yeah, I don't want another Insight Bowl, but I'd like to have a game that we're not going to get clobbered in (2008 Fiesta Bowl, 2012 Cotton Bowl) either.