PDA

View Full Version : Is Bob Stoops = Nick Saban?

Alum81
11/30/2014, 03:55 PM
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/01/alabama_offensive_coordinator_4.html

A couple of key quotes stand out for me in this article:

" In the days following Alabama's 34-28 Iron Bowl loss at Auburn -- a game that saw the Crimson Tide come away with nothing after three, fourth-quarter possessions inside Auburn territory -- Saban invited former USC coach Lane Kiffin to "brainstorm" and "exchange ideas" about how the Alabama offense could improve."

"On multiple occasions throughout the season, Saban, despite his perceived disdain for fast-paced offenses, said he was open to the possibility of revamping Alabama's offense.
"There's some tremendous advantages to it," Saban said in late September. "The only reason we haven't done it to this point is we've played pretty well without doing it and our players have played better without doing it.
"I think the time is coming where we'll probably do it, too."

Can Stoops see where he is coming up short and make the adjustment? Nussmeier left for a lateral position with Michigan. I bet he was assisted in making his decision by Saban, just saying. Would Stoops loyalty to his OC prevent him from asking the question are we doing everything we can to get to the top?

Alot of head scratching came out of Saban hiring Kiffin, but the results speak for themselves. They are actually better, imo, than they were before.

Snrinhouston
11/30/2014, 09:11 PM
As I've stated many times, I can't stand Saban. Of course, he's not losing sleep over what I think about him. But he is without equal in the results he achieves. Any comparison between Stoops and Saban is like comparing a Lexus to a Rolls Royce.

I'm sure someone will respond with the fact that Stoops beat Saban in January. Yes, all of Sooner Nation enjoyed it, as did I. But that was merely a single frame in time. Compare the movie of Saban's last six seasons to Stoops'…wait, no, don't do that. There is no comparison.

To twist and paraphrase the famous Charles Haley quote about Aikman and Montana, "Stoops couldn't hold Saban's jock"

Curly Bill
11/30/2014, 09:45 PM
Yeah, uh........ NO!!!