PDA

View Full Version : Just saw the line

rock on sooner
11/14/2014, 04:46 PM
on OU moved to -13...guess there wasn't enough $$$ being played.....

olevetonahill
11/14/2014, 09:04 PM
on OU moved to -13...guess there wasn't enough $$$ being played.....

No way Id put money on em to cover, Thomas is still an unknown to us and Is Shepard going to play?
Id bet we win heads up but No spread.

8timechamps
11/14/2014, 09:45 PM
Given how inconsistent we've been, and how prolific Tech's offense can be...I'm with vet, I predict we win, but I wouldn't touch that spread.

BoulderSooner79
11/14/2014, 10:08 PM
The OU brand is strong and that's a good thing. But at times, it seems the people betting the line are like Charlie Brown kicking the football and OUr team is like Lucy the holder. He always trusts her to hold the ball still…

Blue
11/14/2014, 10:14 PM
The OU brand is s.hit. What is up with all the denial at how average we've been the last 6 years?

olevetonahill
11/14/2014, 10:33 PM
The OU brand is s.hit. What is up with all the denial at how average we've been the last 6 years?

I put FAN in fanatic. Is that ok? Not saying we world beaters right now will say tho That We OU and dayum Proud

BoulderSooner79
11/14/2014, 10:36 PM

I'm talking about the line and whoever moved it to -13. Pay 'tention.

Blue
11/14/2014, 10:58 PM
I'm talking about the line and whoever moved it to -13. Pay 'tention.

And my comment....and I quoted yours....was in reference to to the brand comment. Pay the F attention.

Blue
11/14/2014, 11:00 PM
I put FAN in fanatic. Is that ok? Not saying we world beaters right now will say tho That We OU and dayum Proud

We suck and I'm far from proud.

sendbaht
11/14/2014, 11:09 PM
it goes like this...2 crappy game 2 good games...this is the good game...

olevetonahill
11/14/2014, 11:12 PM
it goes like this...2 crappy game 2 good games...this is the good game...

:welcoming:

BoulderSooner79
11/14/2014, 11:24 PM
And my comment....and I quoted yours....was in reference to to the brand comment. Pay the F attention.

And what are those betters betting on if it isn't on brand? It sure as heck isn't on this year's result. You don't grok things when you are paying 'tention.

Blue
11/14/2014, 11:28 PM
Huh?

olevetonahill
11/14/2014, 11:55 PM
Huh?

Grok Man GROK!!! pay tention!

Blue
11/15/2014, 12:08 AM
Inside joke on a 7 person board. Sweet.

olevetonahill
11/15/2014, 12:11 AM
Inside joke on a 7 person board. Sweet.

You still dont Grok do you? :drunk:

BoulderSooner79
11/15/2014, 12:40 AM
Okay, here we go.

This thread is about the betting line on the OU/TTech game.

The line is determined by people that believe strongly enough on the outcome to put down good money.

These people have OU winning by almost 2 TDs even though OU just lost by 34 on their home field and lost their starting QB.

These people are betting based on OU's BRAND - it is strong IN THEIR MINDS (not necessary yours).

Whew, I hope I got through.

Blue
11/15/2014, 12:43 AM
My moneys on Tech...

olevetonahill
11/15/2014, 12:52 AM
My moneys on Tech...

Ill Take that bet Heads up Cody!

olevetonahill
11/15/2014, 01:08 AM
Okay, here we go.

This thread is about the betting line on the OU/TTech game.

The line is determined by people that believe strongly enough on the outcome to put down good money.

These people have OU winning by almost 2 TDs even though OU just lost by 34 on their home field and lost their starting QB.

These people are betting based on OU's BRAND - it is strong IN THEIR MINDS (not necessary yours).

Whew, I hope I got through.

I cant respond in Spek But to answer Ill have to say NO. LOL

Sooner91ATL
11/15/2014, 07:21 AM
if we win I will count it as a solid W given how porous our D is against dink and dunk, and that shep is something less than 100% if he even plays and Thomas is a first-time, freshman, starter. None of that is good news. Would not surprise me if we lose - Kingsbury or however you say it has a hard on for Mayfield so he will probably come out and onside kick to start the game. He's gonna be all in.

rock on sooner
11/15/2014, 08:35 AM
Geez, all's I said was that the line moved! Yer right, Vet, FAN is
in fanatic but F is in some others.....:highly_amused:

pappy
11/15/2014, 07:22 PM
Anyone else find it as funny as I do that we gave up a touchdown on the last play of the game, resulting in us not covering? No sarcasm.

BoulderSooner79
11/15/2014, 07:35 PM
Anyone else find it as funny as I do that we gave up a touchdown on the last play of the game, resulting in us not covering? No sarcasm.

Didn't think of that. Bet there were some mad betting folks that thought they had it in the bag :D

Flying Scotsman
11/15/2014, 11:11 PM
Thou art Michael Valentine Smith?

rock on sooner
11/16/2014, 05:37 PM

Well, when I vbet it was -9.5 and the over was 71.5, so win-win!!!

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2014, 05:47 PM
Well, when I vbet it was -9.5 and the over was 71.5, so win-win!!!

So you're the one that gave the defense some vdollars to not even contest the last play!

I at least learned something from that play. I didn't know about the rule of not attempting an extra point if the clock has expired and the lead is more than 8 points. Seems like a weird rule; I wonder why it wouldn't be 3 or more points?

rock on sooner
11/16/2014, 05:56 PM
So you're the one that gave the defense some vdollars to not even contest the last play!

I at least learned something from that play. I didn't know about the rule of not attempting an extra point if the clock has expired and the lead is more than 8 points. Seems like a weird rule; I wonder why it wouldn't be 3 or more points?

That's a good question...maybe it is because most lines are 6 1/2 and/or 7 1/2....
I just had to smile, though, when TT scored, 'cause I muttered to myself that
that's the over, when Mahomes threw the pass.....

BoulderSooner79
11/16/2014, 06:28 PM
That's a good question...maybe it is because most lines are 6 1/2 and/or 7 1/2....
I just had to smile, though, when TT scored, 'cause I muttered to myself that
that's the over, when Mahomes threw the pass.....

A CFB rule that acknowledges wagering impact? That seems wrong in so many ways. I could see it recognizing some 5th tie breaker rule which uses total point margins, but if that were the case, I would think they would always do the conversion. On the other hand, they never go for conversions in OT when a TD ends the game. Oh, I'm so confused.

rock on sooner
11/16/2014, 06:32 PM
A CFB rule that acknowledges wagering impact? That seems wrong in so many ways. I could see it recognizing some 5th tie breaker rule which uses total point margins, but if that were the case, I would think they would always do the conversion. On the other hand, they never go for conversions in OT when a TD ends the game. Oh, I'm so confused.

Welp, I'm watching the Packers thump the Eagles and Ima gettin'
nother beer! Heh...

8timechamps
11/16/2014, 07:38 PM

I knew the rule, but I never really questioned it...so, you do bring up a good question. Why the 8 points? If it's the last play, and the clock has expired, what difference does it make? The only conclusion I can reach is that the same rule applies going into a half. But, I'm not sure that's even correct. Just seems like a really arbitrary addition to the rule.