View Full Version : Perine 5 carries, Knight 13

Tear Down This Wall
11/8/2014, 11:08 PM
Tells you all you need to know about our crack offensive coaches. They don't even recognize their best players.

There's no point in even commenting on the defensive coaches and their estimation of talent. Amazing that Rocky Calmus, fractured leg and all, once roamed Owen Field. Now...vomit. Some teams gut us running. Others just toss it in the vicinity of a safety...or, where a safety should be.

Big 12 has devolved into Conference USA, as predicted thee years ago when we graciously allowed Mizzou to jump us for the last SEC spot. Our brass and athletic department took money over competition (and, money)...and, this is the result.

Real geniuses we have running our show. I forget...have they given Stoops his annual raise yet?

EatLeadCommie
11/8/2014, 11:34 PM
I think Ford being back had something to do with that.

Therealsouthsider
11/8/2014, 11:49 PM
....our offense was all over the place, which is not unusual these days.

ss

BlownGP
11/9/2014, 12:12 AM
I was wondering why it didnt get more carrys. Nothing against Ford, but I think Perine earned it..

Tear Down This Wall
11/9/2014, 12:17 AM
I was wondering why it didnt get more carrys. Nothing against Ford, but I think Perine earned it..

The coaching staff doesn't understand what they have in Perine. They shelved him after one game, basically. He should transfer to a school that understands what running backs of his caliber do. He will always split time two or three ways here. A waste.

EatLeadCommie
11/9/2014, 12:17 AM
Ford was our #1 back when he went out. I haven't seen anything to change my opinion that he isn't still our top back. He would've gone for 300+ with those holes being opened against WVU. Perine was a solid #2 for a few weeks, but Ross has run like a man possessed the last few weeks. In any case, the lack of touches for Perine wasn't the problem today. You could, however, say that here we are in November and we still have no offensive identity, yet we somehow manage to still be predictable on offense. That is definitely a problem.

Tear Down This Wall
11/9/2014, 12:19 AM
I think Ford being back had something to do with that.

Okay.
Trevor Knight 13 carries, Ford 8
Trevor Knight 13 carries, Ross 6

So, even if you take the two running back who should be backing up Perine, Knight got more rushes.

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2014, 01:11 AM
Some of Knights carries were sacks and scrambles on passing plays. I don't know how many were planned runs or option keeps, but it didn't seem like many.

GDC
11/9/2014, 10:27 AM
Ford was our #1 back when he went out. I haven't seen anything to change my opinion that he isn't still our top back. He would've gone for 300+ with those holes being opened against WVU. Perine was a solid #2 for a few weeks, but Ross has run like a man possessed the last few weeks. In any case, the lack of touches for Perine wasn't the problem today. You could, however, say that here we are in November and we still have no offensive identity, yet we somehow manage to still be predictable on offense. That is definitely a problem.

I believe we have a little bit of an offensive identity. Everybody in the world knows exactly what we're going to do on 3rd and short and 4th and short situations. The rest of it is a timeout consuming pistol spread read/option tackle the defender with the ball scheme.

Mookie91
11/9/2014, 10:32 AM
The coaches pay attention to social media and gave the intelligent fans what they wanted post-Iowa State, a QB run game...good call fellas :frown:

SoonerLB
11/9/2014, 10:39 AM
Three darned good running backs and I swear, if these offensive dolts could find a way to keep all three on the bench I think they would! Barry woulda been usin' those good runnin' backs by gord!

PhiDeltBeers
11/9/2014, 10:47 AM
I'd put all 3 RB's in the backfield on every down. Use them as receivers too. :)

BoulderSooner79
11/9/2014, 10:54 AM
We could use the RBs more if we didn't get behind by 10 at half and 17 after the 1st drive in the 2nd half.

PhiDeltBeers
11/9/2014, 10:57 AM
We could use the RBs more if we didn't get behind by 10 at half and 17 after the 1st drive in the 2nd half.

Or have consistant 1st or 2nd and 20's from holding calls and other penalties.

bluedogok
11/9/2014, 03:28 PM
Some of Knights carries were sacks and scrambles on passing plays. I don't know how many were planned runs or option keeps, but it didn't seem like many.
Don't confuse people with facts.....

EatLeadCommie
11/9/2014, 03:33 PM

Exactly. He really didn't do much designed running after they started spying him with the LB. No surprisingly, our OC had no answer for that.