PDA

View Full Version : There Better Be Fallout

guido911
11/8/2014, 04:12 PM
Someone's @ss better get fired for today's performance. Not one for being embarrassed, but this is up there. This happened in our house.

Piware
11/8/2014, 05:07 PM
Oh good grief! It happens! Thankfully it only happens to us one season in every 15 years or so. That is a Poke approach and that's not how we do things at OU. Suck it up Buttercup - there is more football to be played.

guido911
11/8/2014, 05:13 PM
You freakin suck it up. I have had it with the OU apologists. We have three losses this season--two in front of its fans. This one by five touchdowns? And you want to chalk it up to "well, we were due"? The handwriting has been on the wall for several seasons that Huepel needs to go. He needs to go.

Piware
11/8/2014, 05:17 PM
Who you gonna get genius? Can YOU do better. Prolly not!

guido911
11/8/2014, 05:20 PM

Clever come back. Let's just hire you as O coordinator. Assuming of course you can be surgically extracted from the OU homer's taint.

Therealsouthsider
11/8/2014, 05:29 PM
....I'll remind you that Stoops won a NC in 2000, he deserves another raise and contract extension and we need our ticket prices hiked another 20%

ss

guido911
11/8/2014, 05:31 PM
....I'll remind you that Stoops won a NC in 2000, he deserves another raise and contract extension and we need our ticket prices hiked another 20%

ss

And there's that.

NorthernIowaSooner
11/8/2014, 05:38 PM
Someone's @ss better get fired for today's performance. Not one for being embarrassed, but this is up there. This happened in our house.

Realistically who would Stoops fire? Kish? That's about it as far as I could imagine. Montgomery and Bedenbaugh are good recruiters and the rest of the gang are guys who have been around a long time and seem unlikely to be fired. Or he's related to them. Stoops has job security and therefore his assistants have job security.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2014, 05:41 PM
You freakin suck it up. I have had it with the OU apologists. We have three losses this season--two in front of its fans. This one by five touchdowns? And you want to chalk it up to "well, we were due"? The handwriting has been on the wall for several seasons that Huepel needs to go. He needs to go.
Hey genius, I agree with you, but it ain't the OC's fault, we've run off plenty. This is all on stoopsie, we run what he wants. Fire Stoops!

olevetonahill
11/8/2014, 05:41 PM

So tell us what you are going to do if there is NO fall out?

Rogue
11/8/2014, 05:42 PM
Oh for **** sakes.

TrophyCollector
11/8/2014, 05:42 PM
If you would like fallout, stop renewing season tickets, stop donating, stop buying merchandise. OU football is nothing but a business and it earns very well even losing 2 - 4 games per year.

Eielson
11/8/2014, 05:47 PM

If nobody is fired, do you promise to find a new team to cheer for?

Therealsouthsider
11/8/2014, 05:50 PM
....the Heart of Dallas Bowl is fallout enough

ss

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2014, 05:51 PM
If you would like fallout, stop renewing season tickets, stop donating, stop buying merchandise. OU football is nothing but a business and it earns very well even losing 2 - 4 games per year.

This exactly! All the griping about coaches salaries is dumb. As long as the money keeps coming in there is no huge incentive to change. Having said that, there are still non-economic incentives for change as I still believe OUr staff really wants to win as badly as we want them to.

olevetonahill
11/8/2014, 05:52 PM
I fell out of my chair will that do?

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2014, 06:04 PM
I fell out of my chair will that do?

I fell off the wagon.

olevetonahill
11/8/2014, 06:14 PM
I fell off the wagon.

Thats where my chair was LOL

ObiKaTony
11/8/2014, 06:32 PM

I hate this. Stoops is getting paid millions and toy knowledge is either 2nd or 3rd highest paid coach. Are you going to sit here and tell me stoops performance today, or this season is top 25 in coaching? Don't be an idiot.

olevetonahill
11/8/2014, 06:43 PM
I hate this. Stoops is getting paid millions and toy knowledge is either 2nd or 3rd highest paid coach. Are you going to sit here and tell me stoops performance today, or this season is top 25 in coaching? Don't be an idiot.

Ok So YOU answer the question. Who ya gonna get?

TrophyCollector
11/8/2014, 07:07 PM

Rhett Lashlee
Pat Narduzzi
Kirby Smart

olevetonahill
11/8/2014, 07:27 PM
Rhett Lashlee
Pat Narduzzi
Kirby Smart

And they can do Better than Bob and company? Ya need to let us know when ya hire one of em.

BoulderSooner79
11/8/2014, 07:33 PM
Rhett Lashlee
Pat Narduzzi
Kirby Smart

And they can do Better than Bob and company? Ya need to let us know when ya hire one of em.

Maybe or maybe not. But they would still pull down similar $$.

olevetonahill
11/8/2014, 07:38 PM
Maybe or maybe not. But they would still pull down similar $$.

Theres the Rub My friend.
I aint happy with the way this season has gone. But firing the Coaches aint the answer. FIRING THE COACHES UP AGAIN is the answer

aurorasooner
11/8/2014, 07:52 PM
I don't want HCBS to go unless he can't make the hard CEO decisions to right the ship by putting an end to these coordinator's pizz poor performances, and it will only happen then if Spencer Tillman (at the mic) and some other big buck doners start pressuring the administration to do it or the home attendance falls off to an unacceptable level (which may happen with the remaining Kansas and Stool State games) or our TV appearances go in the toilet.
About the only other thing that can cause it to happen if Texas puts a 63-14 type beatdown on us next year. It's one thing for Baylor to put a beat down on us, but for the Whorns to do it is another story, and if our coaching, or lack there of, continues on it present course, it may happen next year.
It's not going to happen any time soon without some outside pressure because, let's face it, blood's thicker than water, and neither our prez or AD want the extra work of a head coaching search. Our AD in particular, because he did hit gold with a young and hungry HCBS and his ready-made great coaching staff up in Kansas, but he's had some misses as well ( men's basketball), and at their age, I don't think they want the extra grief, hassle, or uncertainty of hiring a new head football coach.

As far as where I'd begin if Stoops decided to call it quits and take an Urban Meyer type holiday to the beach, is up at Colorado State,Utah or even Colorado, for that matter. They're all making strides with each program and they have little resources. I also think it would be hard to pull a head coach from the SEC or the other PAC schools because of their conference stability(and money) that the Big 12 just doesn't have, and about the only coach we'd want from the Big 10 is Meyer, although K Wilson would probably jump at our gig if offered. (I know we're OU, but it doesn't cut it as much as it used to before this conference realignment and even Texas with all their money, couldn't pull Nick from Bama).
Just my thoughts and as I said earlier I don't want HCBS to leave, but I think as much as he's getting paid he needs to step up to the plate and make some quality decisions about his upper-level staff, if he wants to stay.

Eielson
11/8/2014, 07:53 PM
Rhett Lashlee
Pat Narduzzi
Kirby Smart

Didn't Heupel rip Smart a new one in the Sugar Bowl?

I'd love these guys as coordinators. I'm not ready to replace a historically good HC with guys who have no HC experience at any level, though.

pappy
11/8/2014, 07:55 PM
Oh good grief! It happens! Thankfully it only happens to us one season in every 15 years or so. That is a Poke approach and that's not how we do things at OU. Suck it up Buttercup - there is more football to be played.

Since you said it only happens to us one season in every 15 years or so...lets look at it.
If you're talking about us losing in Norman, It's happened twice this year. Notre Dame beat us at home 30-13 2 years ago and K-State beat us at home a few weeks before that 24-19. I could continue, but not necessary as we've already shown it happens more often than every 15 years or so.

If you're talking about getting blown out...well Baylor has destroyed OU 2 years in a row by a combined score of 89-26. Don't have to look any further than that to see that it doesn't happen to us every 15 years or so.

If you're talking about multiple loss seasons well...2014 (3 losses so far), 2013 (2 losses), 2012 (3 losses) 2011 (3 losses) 2010 (2 losses) 2009 (5 losses) 2008 (2 losses) I'm going to go ahead and stop there but as you can see again...not every 15 years or so

TrophyCollector
11/8/2014, 08:05 PM
Didn't Heupel rip Smart a new one in the Sugar Bowl?

I'd love these guys as coordinators. I'm not ready to replace a historically good HC with guys who have no HC experience at any level, though.

Or maybe they would use Joe C.'s checkbook to bring in great coordinators with recent success. Like Bob did 15 years ago before he decided it was better to train his own coordinators.

Rogue
11/8/2014, 08:14 PM
This is crazy talk. You see teams run off consistent winning coaches and then flounder because top tier coaches aren't beating down the door to come to a program that's going to fire one of the winningest coaches in NCAA history. Tennessee comes to mind.

Curly Bill
11/8/2014, 08:18 PM
Hey look everybody - the OP is back in the green. Wonder who coulda done that?

Piware
11/8/2014, 08:20 PM
Thats where my chair was LOL

LOL!

Eielson
11/8/2014, 08:23 PM
Or maybe they would use Joe C.'s checkbook to bring in great coordinators with recent success. Like Bob did 15 years ago before he decided it was better to train his own coordinators.

I'd love to see us spend the money to bring in somebody like Harlon Barnett to fix up the secondary.

Wishboned
11/8/2014, 09:41 PM
Oh good grief! It happens! Thankfully it only happens to us one season in every 15 years or so.

Not at home. Other than the Blake years this was the most lopsided home loss since Notre Dame won 38-0 in Norman in 1966.

bluedogok
11/8/2014, 10:48 PM
As far as where I'd begin if Stoops decided to call it quits and take an Urban Meyer type holiday to the beach, is up at Colorado State,Utah or even Colorado, for that matter. They're all making strides with each program and they have little resources. I also think it would be hard to pull a head coach from the SEC or the other PAC schools because of their conference stability(and money) that the Big 12 just doesn't have, and about the only coach we'd want from the Big 10 is Meyer, although K Wilson would probably jump at our gig if offered. (I know we're OU, but it doesn't cut it as much as it used to before this conference realignment and even Texas with all their money, couldn't pull Nick from Bama).
I really like Jim McElwain and what he is doing at CSU and he is a Saban/Bama/SEC coach at a Mountain West school. I think McIntire is getting CU turned around but he is still a WAC raised coach. I don't know if Kyle Whittingham is willing to leave Utah after coaching there for so long and being a BYU alum, it just seems he may not want to move as he has never really responded to other offers.

Plexis22
11/8/2014, 11:11 PM
I doubt there are any coaching changes. In fact they'll probably all get raises after we play in the Russell Athletic Bowl.

manateepower
11/9/2014, 12:28 AM

Mark Hudspeth
Larry Fedora
even Kevin Sumlin.

Just three off the top of my head. Not to mention the countless OC's who are probably more than qualified, and would not hire assistants that destroy the confidence and careers of three consecutive quarterbacks, nor would waste the talents of multiple running backs calling delayed handoffs from the pistol and burning timeouts.

aurorasooner
11/9/2014, 12:29 AM
I doubt there are any coaching changes. In fact they'll probably all get raises after we play in the Russell Athletic Bowl.Heupel needs to be the 1st to go imo if he wants to eventually become a head coach. He's just not doing his career any favors with this crappy game-planning and especially with these chitty offensive performances on television. I don't know if he's being micromanaged and over-ruled from the top though, but either way he needs to make a career decision and leave or just be happy to be on the side-line as a lifer QB coach.
As far as Mike goes, about the only way he leaves if Bob doesn't check out is if he gets caught banging some under age OU coed or he pulls an Eddie Sutton on the highway. Other than those 2 options, I think he's here to the end with Bob.
You're probably right about the coaching changes, unless we get an insignificant sacrificial lamb type firing of some position coach to try and satisfy the fans. Just don't think that's going to be enough after this beatdown on Owen Field. Not a very good situation, at all.
They all would really be in deep chit if we'd have coughed the RRS up to Texass, because no matter how you spin it, Charlie's Staff definitely took this staff to the coaching woodshed, even though we won.

Tear Down This Wall
11/9/2014, 12:43 AM
To me, it doesn't matter where the beatings occur - in Norman or elsewhere. The point is, we take too many for the type of program this is. I'm afraid this is becoming Texas/Michigan. Although, Texas made the right hire. Strong has cleaned Texas is it's class-skippers and dope smokers. Meanwhile, we are doing everything we can to get those types to transfer here. Stupid.

Losing is one thing. Annual woodshed beatings is another. Losses to Baylor by 29 and 27 in consecutive seasons? Ridiculous.

Losing by 16 to Derp last year in the Red River Shootout...or whatever the hell they call the Texas game now.

Losing by 28 to Manziel and 17 to Notre Dame the year before.

Losing by 34 to Oklahoma State in 2011...along with the Texas Tech upset that year where the Red Predictable Offense scored 41 at Owen Field.

Losing by 14 to non-Manziel Aggy in 2010...along with being upset by Mizzou in 2010

Losing by 28 to Texas Tech in 2009, a season wasted on a defense that gave up only 189 points in 13 games.

aurorasooner
11/9/2014, 01:21 AM
The last 2 years in Dallas has really perturbed me. We could have just as easily lost the one this year that we lucked out and won, and the one last year was really a total beat down cluster&^%$ about on par with our 63-14 and 65-13 blowouts although the score didn't reflect it.
For our team and coaches to not bring their A game especially to Dallas is just not acceptable in any way shape or form. If we don't correct our current course, I do think we're on a collision for an epic beat down in the Cotton Bowl like we experienced today in Norman.

The loss to ND in Norman was much closer than the end score reflected. However, I don't think we beat them last year in SB with Gholson playing, so it kind of evened out, I guess.

The Manziel thrashing in Dallas was mostly due to our putrid lack of offense as much as it was to our defensive inability to stop him. We knew going in we would have to out-score them.

As far as the Tech losses, they're just inexplicable to me, as we seem to let them run wild all over the field like we did Baylor today. Their usually crappy D seems to look like a top 10 D against us as well. It very well may be repeated next week.

I'll give Stool State one every once in a while, even though I don't like it, because they had a darned good team that year and a seasoned geezer QB, and them winning once every 10 years or so is acceptable.